Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

29 this summer, probably cost 100m. Couldn't see it, exactly the type of transfer we don't go for.

He'll sign a new contract at Spurs, that ship has sailed of him getting out of Spurs.

I bet you said the same thing about thaigo before he was signed to old not what pool need and the tyoe of transfer pool dont go for kane will be nowhere near 100m this summer if he was to move it would be at the most 70m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I don't see Spurs letting him go for something like 70m, regardless of his objective value. They'll either really cash in from someone like Utd or Chelsea, or keep him.

Even at 70m I couldn't see Liverpool going near him anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point.

Thiago's not a great comparison - if it was actually a transfer like that, I could've seen it. 20 million for an aging high quality player coming in on a high wage. But with the actual price being multiples of that, not a chance.

Liverpool seem to do their business quietly and efficiently, I can’t see them being enthusiastic about dealing with Daniel Levy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What is Mane's value, even with a year to go he has to be worth 75m, then maybe it could be like the Coutinho situation, where we just take that money and give it to Klopp for Kane.

But Kane? Come on, he's not exactly suited to our style . If Mane leaves it will be for big money, and you know the owners won't grab it, it will be spent wisely.

Rather Mane stayed, but he's on such a small a wage for years, and even now they won't bring it inline with others who sit on bench and offer little. Mane is a 220k a week player, at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mane only turned 30, he has 7 seasons at the top left in him, a 4 year deal, and selling him in 2 for 50m is possible. It would recover the 220k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭McFly85

Id hate to see Mane leave but I could understand it, he’s 30 so one big contract left, can probably get more money elsewhere. Couldn’t begrudge him it either.

We’d still have Salah, Jota, Diaz, Firmino and possibly Minamino to rotate across the forward line so I’m not even sure we’d get someone else in immediately. Might depend on the result in Saturday and the extra games that come with that.

Kane will stay at Spurs, the 6 year contract gave him no leverage and he’s probably happy enough to be playing in the CL next year. Even if he was demanding a move there’s basically no value in it, so it probably be Utd who’d throw money at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Of course Kane is a transfer that could never happen, we all know that really. But from a footballing standpoint, he's kind of perfect for the team to be honest.

A striker who drops deep, can pass at a level as high as any world class midfielder, one of the best finishers in the world and provides an aerial threat too. When you just stop to think about how we've played all season, particularly in the centre forward position, Kane actually fits the team like a glove.

But it's an impossible transfer, and pure Twitter rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭McFly85

Listening to Diego Torres on a podcast yesterday talk about the whole Mbappe Madrid fallout, it’s fascinating to see how much they bet on him joining.

I always thought the Liverpool connections were completely fanciful but when he was deciding his future his doubts about PSG were that while he could develop his brand there, they’re not a team with any footballing identity. His mother and uncle(who’s known as a respected football analyst) put Liverpool on the table as they thought that was the best place to develop and express himself as a football player. Even though money won out in the end it speaks volumes for how Klopp had changed perception of us in relatively short order.

For Madrid, it’s been nothing short of a disaster. They bet the house on him going there, but began to question the move after speaking with Zidane, who confirmed his fears that Madrid have no long term footballing plans and he’d be surrounded by ageing greats and average up and comers(He was also annoyed that they essentially pretended they wanted to sign him a couple of years ago when they’re actual goal was to disrupt his relationship with PSG so he’d go this year on a free). Now Madrid are stuck with having to try and work out a plan for the future while having to face the fact they cannot rely anymore on their usual smarmy tactics and they’re not the financial top dogs anymore, especially with the massive debt they have on the new stadium.

Could be a difficult few years for them, let’s hope it begins on Saturday with a battering.

Post edited by McFly85 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Paddy Power got a few ex Everton players (Peter Reid, Kevin Campbell, Michael Ball) spoofing up being Real fans, it's actually fairly funny (and only about 2min)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

whoever runs the PP marketing department they're worth every penny of their salary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

thiago cost 20m, no comparison.

Kane has 2 years left on his contract you ain't getting him for anything less than 100m. Like I said he's stuck at Spurs, he had his chance to move but fucked up his contract clauses.

SSN are reporting that Bayren are confident they can get Sadio for £40M, it's nice of them to let the media know their thoughts on Liverpool's players and how much they are going to accept. These rumours always seem to swirl about our players before a big match, it's so tiresome. I'm actually quietly confident he's staying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It's not a Liverpool thing. It happens with all top players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ya watching his interview yesterday I didn't get the sense he was leaving. Could be completely wrong but it was the impression I got.

If he was staying why wouldn't he just say it, seems obvious to me he's off. A crying shame but he's 8 years in the league and won everything at Liverpool, I could see why he might want to try something new.

Funny but this is exactly like when the rumors of us signing Thiago from Bayern surfaced.

Thiago is on the plane anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I was quite certain he was leaving as well, it's all been very quiet about his contract upto now, obviously Mo got all the coverage.

But the below quote would seem to indicate he's signed a new contract. The best answer you want to hear - surely this is addressed to Liverpool fans and the best answer is he is staying.

"On Saturday I will give you the best answer you want to hear, for sure. I will give you all you want to hear”.

Hope he does stay, he's been a revalation since he moved into the centre and I'd expect that form to continue for another couple of seasons at least.

• Advertisement

Makes no sense to me, if he signed a new one just say it, keep that feel good going after Klopp resigning. Salah said he's staying which is probably the biggest indication to me he's planning on going next summer on a free, might aswell test the free agent market and get paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If you're top player like Mane or Salah I just don't understand why you'd want to leave Liverpool at this stage. Team playing great. 3 CL finals in 5 years. PL title, other trophies, Klopp staying and potential for more titles playing great football in a great team.

Only reason can be money.

Benzema misses the team bus to Saint Denis and is stranded at Champ de Mars station;

“Real rail strike strikes Real striker”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd miss Mané.

But it's one that I would totally understand from his point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If Sadio goes and is replaced by Nkunku then I'd be happy but I'd still be sorry to see him leave as he's been excellent for us since he joined.

Nkunku for Mane would be ideal actually. By all accounts he’s had one of the best individual Bundesliga seasons in history so even if the level over there is a bit lower, he’s still a world class player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

they’d leave for a better lifestyle. That’s a big draw for anyone that is already living in a foreign land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Klopp said that Thiago trained yesterday, which is a massive boost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I think you can read it either way, he is focused on the final and will let us know he is staying after the final, or he has decided not to sign an extension. I am a little pessimistic about players re-signing at the moment so see him leaving, Gareth Roberts from The Anfield Wrap this morning read it as good news and he is staying. Betters choice I guess.

Klopp to beINSPORTS that Thaigo is 100% available for the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Liverpool fans on every street in Paris. Not huge crowds other than outside the Kop bar but dotted around everywhere I can see.

Yet to see a Madrid jersey

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looked very happy getting off the plane in the last while, not the face of a man not fit to play.

Again back to Thiago. He just won CL and starred in the final. Its just motivation it comes to the point you want to be pushed to do something else. Mane isnt going to get much more money at Bayern than Liverpool.

I really really want Mane to stay but if he does a Griezmann style "The decision" video on social media I'm out and hope he enjoys himself in Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

There should be zero reason to live stream a training session 24hrs before a CL final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Ya for some reason the enthusiasm he mentioned the update as “something special “ made me surely he’d never say that If actually leaving as he knows fans will be gutted he’d leave as if Moving to Bayern would be more special than staying with Liverpool.

It’s very possible with Mo’s contract situation and ambiguity around other players contracts that the club requested he doesn’t provide any updates on end contracts until after one of biggest nights in our recent years.

People talking about Nunez as a replacement seems strange as we need someone with the raw pace and agility that Mane/Salah offer on the flanks not a more traditional centre striker. Wed need cover for Diaz or Salah on the flanks with Bobby & Jota through the middle.

Losing Mane this season and losing Salah for free next week would be absolutely shocking in my opinion. Can’t lose both for a combined approx 40m in consecutive seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

sadio to stay, mo to run contract down.do a mbappe and stay with a huge signing on fee,and not break the wage structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Offensive to even make that comparison!. He's a humble and respectful individual who would never involve himself in such nonsense.

Seems to be a contractual thing as Madrid is now training at the ground and BT Sport has their cameras there for the hour. Neither team will be doing any tactical work for the eyes of the press and the world to see. I mean I don't know what Madrid will learn from our crossbar challenge.

Stretching well this afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Pin it to the wall lads.

"when Madrid play finals, they win them"

Yet Benzema was saying that Liverpool think they've won already etc....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If there is one team that do not need to pin anything to the wall, it's Liverpool in a CL final v Real Madrid.

I'm strangely confident of a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm very confident. I think Mane and Diaz match up very well down the left side of their defence against Carvajal and Militao, think both are extremely out matched against our two. Salah will have a tougher time of it against Mendy/Alaba on the right side. Diaz and Mane to shine and win it for us. We'll press them into mistakes in the first 30 minutes and will be two up.

SSN reporting RM staying in a €2K a night hotel while we're slumming it in one where you'd probably get a room for a few hundred euro. I'm not sure why this is relevant but it's helping me dislike RM more and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

• Advertisement
Advertisement