Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The kids will probably love that kit.

The Nike kits, as a whole, have been very templatey and just generic. So have to one that's unique is somewhat good? There was a retro range that they had a few seasons back and I would have loved one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Milner's days playing right back ended with the Man City game at Anfield last season. He got turned inside out and run ragged by Foden. His lack of sharpness resulted in him being booked for a professional foul in the first half and afterwards he was repeatedly targeted. The inevitable tiredness he experienced resulted in their first goal and he was eventually replaced by Gomez. Since then, Gomez has been the player to stand in when Alexander-Arnold was rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I actually really like that, so took a look at the website.....what on earth did they do with the back of the jersey, big nope now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I assume the numbers and names will fill up most of that space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Yeah, it does force having to get a name and number on the back. I wouldn't normally do that so it would just look weird.

Have to say, I'm not liking any of the Nike jerseys yet at all. Design is either plain or strange like above and quality feels like a market knock-off, they definitely don't match the price tag anyway.

A couple of unknown names in the first line up of pre-season.

It's only a friendly and they are barely training a week so there won't be a lot of takeaways but I am interested in seeing if it will be a 4-2-3-1 with Elliot Carvalho Diaz behind Bobby or if it is a 4-3-3 with Diaz Bobby Elliot up front and Carvalho in midfield, or Elliot & Carvalho switching roles.

It'll be good experience for Mabaya and Chambers facing Sancho and Rashford. It's almost an early round of the cups line up but it could be an even contest despite the fact that Man Utd have a stronger XI on paper: De Gea, Dalot, Lindelof, Varane, Shaw, McTominay, Fred, Sancho, Fernandes, Rashford, Martial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Carvalho and Diaz... wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Even for preseason, it's somewhat taking the piss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Carvalho and Diaz standing out here like a sore thumb, Harvey looking sharp also...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Klopp Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

From just seeing the goals on Twitter, the defending looking shocking. Feel sorry for the 2 young full backs hoping to make an impression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Klopp out.

Is big Sam available ?

€100 a ticket for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ten Haag got more out of that, think it should have been a half each.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Anyone watching the game able to post a comment on how the team is doing individually or collectively for those of us not able to watch? Particularly interested on whether there is any change to our setup and how the new players fared. All I am reading about the game is whether the result means United are back (jokingly). Are a few of us that insecure?

Didn't watch it but you can understand the coaches' logic. For Klopp it's first friendly in July played in very humid weather, just give everyone 30 mins to run around.

For ETH he is probably keen to see if his first 11 are listening to him and implementing his ideas so he starts off full strength and they grab a good first half lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Ah lads. It’s a nothing game. Pre-season warm up and every one is on a paid company holiday. Even the charity shield means nothing. The Utd fans would be stone mad to read anything into that game. It’s a cynical cash gathering exercise for both clubs.

• Advertisement

Its worse than that.

We are in a relegation battle already.

Carvalho at the start was fantastic, linked up really well with Diaz down the left.

Middle team was a bit of meh, nothing going on.

Salah and Trent linked up really well, like no time had passed. Didnt get to see a lot of Nunez unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭ltd440

Utd have five shots on target to Liverpools 4,but we seem to have more possession and shots on goal overall. I'm only reading the stats cos I'm unable to watch the match at work. Has the league ever been won in July before 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Watched some of it between work, they took all their chances against us and threw bodies in the way of our chances. It is a pre-season friendly though, while it is never nice to loose a match, especially against United, we had 3 different teams out there. Klopp changed the 10 outfield players on 30 minutes and then again on 60 minutes. So we had 30 outfield players getting 30 minutes only. A result like this was always on the cards as it is about fitness and not systems at the moment.

Basically, don't read to much into the result as we are there to build fitness and changed the team twice during the match.

Absolutely gutted. To go all that way in the Bangkok Century Cup and to be beaten like that, heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Dave0301

On another day, Liverpool would have scored 2 or 3 goals. Didn't play badly but did get caught out a few times in the first half. Preseason results means fook all to both teams.

It's quite clear to me that Klopp has lost the dressing room. Better to pull the trigger now and get the right guy in. And give him 2-3 years to get his style right, so long as we are making more effort and improving then you won't have any knee jerk reactions from me calling for the next fella to go until May 2026 at the earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is Klopp gone yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Missed the game today but I was a nervous wreck not being able to check the score.

What the hell has happened to this team? Nearly two months since we've won a game.

When Martial wins MOTM, you know we are not talking about a high standard game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Our first pre season game is usually against someone who's absolutely sh!te and generally used to ease the players back into things.

It was this pre season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I find today’s result very very funny to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Really missing Mane out there today lads. Shocking drop off. A nothing team Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RedCardKid

Lads you would all want to stop getting your knickers in a twist ..... it was a pre-season friendly and our first at that, nothing but money to be earned in it. 30 players on the pitch, feck all training ..... our players are building their fitness with a familiar trainer team. Our opponents were out to impress their new trainer. Lets see how things stand 10 games in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

#olein

I think you need to turn on your sarcasm radar i do not think one poster in here is getting their knickers in a twist over that game and i do not think the utd posters are taking the win as anything other that a training game win

I dunno, Martial has a good shout for the Ballon D’or this year, and we could be a relegated. The other possibility is that everyone is taking the piss and even MU fans don’t think this was anything more than a fitness workout that both clubs bagged a load of cash for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

it must be very much tongue in cheek. Same over in Man Utd forum. One pre season game means nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ten Hags played a full strength team, we played kids. Klopps knows all about our first 11, so played kids, Ten Hag knows nothing about his best, so played them. In reality United were poor only to get 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Nunez lack of fitness is worrying for a young player, he shouldn't lose it that quickly.

Thought Carvalho looked very good for his debut match...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

You're making something out of nothing. Let him actually get his Liverpool career up and going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They've only just flown a long way, and are doing training sessions on the same day as games - really wouldn't look too much into it.

Nunez only met up with the squad at the weekend and as customary under Klopp he had been run into the ground in the first training sessions. The first few weeks of preseason training at Liverpool are hell for the new recruits, Thiago joked that Klopp only taught him how to run and get physically sick for the first month after he joined the club. It's the reason that the seasoned players do their own physical training regime for a few weeks before they return for preseason. It's more than likely that Nunez had a proper holiday break before joining the squad and he's now physically hurting because Klopp's regime is transforming his body into a machine.

After the game, Klopp said that Nunez had only done 3 sessions before his appearance so it should be expected that the player was jaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Didn't he have blisters in training the day before?

What is the story with the best pointer in the world Jay Spearing being a player manager with the under 21s, how does that work, he's around 30 like?

They lost 6-0 yesterday, a bad day for Liverpool all around, lol 😂

The united jerseys were out in full force this morning, saw two in my 15 minute commute...

Seems to be common enough for former players to come back as coaches and register as players to help the young fellas. Paul McShane was registered as a MU player up to the end of last season and it’s possible Wiltshire has the same arrangement at Arsenal. There is a good chance Pool think Spearing will develop into a very good coach.

I just watched the highlights of the match, Liverpool looked good up the pitch but the backs looked poor. MU definitely seemed to take it far more seriously than we did. But no injuries and a suitcase full of money isn’t a bad days work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's the reserve league, so while it does have an age attached to it, half your team can be overage - 5 outfielders and a keeper can all be over 21 in any given matchday. Think the idea is just to have a few senior heads around who are purely there to help the younger players - it's a team that's always in flux with players at that age going off on loan, and U-17s coming up every so often etc, so someone like Spearing there offers some consistency and continuity while getting coaching experience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mod Note: For information I am deleting some posts that have nothing to do with the purpose of this thread: Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2022/2023. Please use PM if you have any queries about this post.

Sorry for the bold text, Just want posters to see the above note as some posts will be removed. The specific posts removed relate to be removed are ones talking about fans of other clubs or where the post look to be an 'lol' at comments elsewhere.

I am removing similar posts on the Man Utd thread. That kind of 'banter' is fine in a Liverpool (or in their case Man Utd) specific forum but in the context of this forum these posts aid in continuation of the unnecessary tit for tat that has, at times, ruined debate in our forum. I don't think posters were setting out to ruin any debate or cause arguments so the removal of posts and the above note is more about reminding posters of what has caused problems before and that we don't want to see ahead of a new season. I would be grateful if posters could stick to the thread purpose, posters are of course welcome to reply to a poster that makes a point but the generic comments are unhelpful to our forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement