Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Do we reckon the reason he didn't play either leg against us was because the move was done months ago ?

Strange how he was dropped for both games,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Do we reckon the reason he didn't play either leg against us was because the move was done months ago ?

He's been on the bench most of the year. Dunno if still recovering properly from his long injury, or just not in favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Same. Looked great during the game but horrible in the photos. Made me thing that maybe it's just the player/vapour version that looks less orange versus the stadium/fan version?

I don't think there is a Vapour version of this jersey, I couldn't see any on the LFC store on day one when it released....

Maybe that was scrapped as people were going mental about the price of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fieldog wrote: »
    I don't think there is a Vapour version of this jersey, I couldn't see any on the LFC store on day one when it released....

Maybe that was scrapped as people were going mental about the price of them...

Now called Dry-Fit Adv and is €139.99.

https://www.nike.com/ie/u/liverpool-fc-2021-22-match-home-dri-fit-adv-football-shirt-LVxQRM/DB2533-688

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That is scandalous. Jesus.

Knex* wrote: »
    That is scandalous. Jesus.

Name, Number and Premier League Badge brings the price up to €156.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

If they took that awful standard charted sponsor logo off it, it could be worth it. Still crazy prices...

We pretty much got screwed by VAR this season.

Liverpool had most decisions against: 13
    Most VAR incidents: 20
    Most total disallowed goals for: 7
    0 penalties, For 3 penalties Against.

Dale Johnson's Twitter thread on the VAR this last season.

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1396841267749851136?s=20

Liverpool -6
    Overturns: 18
    Rejected overturns: 2
    Leading to goals for: 0
    Disallowed goals for: 7
    Leading to goals against: 3
    Disallowed goals against: 3
    Net goal score: -7
    Subjective decisions for: 3
    Subjective decisions against: 6
    Net subjective score: -3
    Penalties for / against: 0 / 3

Game: Chelsea (A; Sept. 20)
    Incident: Andreas Christensen sent off for denying a goal-scoring opportunity when bringing down Sadio Mane, 45th minute - FOR

Game: Everton (A; Oct. 17)
    Incident: Jordan Henderson goal ruled out for offside against Sadio Mane, 90th minute - AGAINST

Game: Sheffield United (H; Oct. 24)
    Incident: Penalty awarded (scored by Sander Berge) for foul on Oliver McBurnie by Fabinho. Factual decision on where foul took place, 10th minute - AGAINST
    Incident: Mohamed Salah goal disallowed for offside, 62nd minute - AGAINST

Game: West Ham (H; Oct. 31)
    Incident: Diojo Jota goal disallowed for a foul by Sadio Mane, 82nd minute - AGAINST

Game: Man City (A; Nov. 8)
    Incident: Penalty awarded (missed by Kevin De Bruyne) for handball against Joe Gomez, 41st minute - AGAINST

Game: Brighton (A; Nov. 28)
    Incident: Mohamed Salah goal disallowed for offside, 35th minute - AGAINST
    Incident: Offside against Sadio Mane after scoring, 85th minute - AGAINST
    Incident: Penalty awarded (scored by Pascal Gross) for a foul on Danny Welbeck by Andrew Robertson, 92nd minute - AGAINST

Game: Wolves (H; Dec. 6)
    Incident: Penalty cancelled, Sadio Mane adjudged not to have fouled Conor Coady, 44th minute - FOR

Game: Fulham (A; Dec. 13)
    Incident: Penalty review rejected by referee Andre Marriner following Fabinho challenge on Ivan Cavaleiro, 16th minute - FOR

Game: Tottenham (A; Jan. 28)
    Incident: Son Heung-Min goal disallowed for offside in the build-up, 3rd minute - FOR
    Incident: Mohamed Salah goal ruled out for handball in the build-up by Roberto Firmino, 56th minute - AGAINST

Game: Leicester (A; Feb. 13)
    Incident: Penalty cancelled after Thiago's foul on Harvey Barnes adjudged to be outside the area, 76th minute - FOR
    Incident: James Maddison goal allowed after incorrect offside against Daniel Amartey, 79th minute - AGAINST

Game: Everton (H; Feb. 20)
    Incident: Penalty overturn review rejected after Trent Alexander-Arnold had brought down Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 81st minute - AGAINST

Game: Chelsea (H; March 4)
    Incident: Timo Werner goal disallowed for offside, 24th minute - FOR

Game: Aston Villa (H; April 10)
    Incident: Roberto Firmino goal ruled out for offside against Diogo Jota in the build-up, 45th minute - AGAINST

Game: Newcastle (H; April 24)
    Incident: Callum Wilson goal disallowed for handball, 92nd minute - FOR

Game: Man United (A; May 13)
    Incident: Penalty cancelled for challenge on Nathaniel Phillips by Eric Bailly, 27th minute - AGAINST

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4182135/how-var-decisions-affected-every-premier-league-club-in-2020-21#liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think knowing that Konate was moving on played a part.

But Leipzig are very strong at CB.

He he was playing well before an ankle injury then Klostermann came back Orban came in & played well. So he couldnt get back in the team as Leipzig had a very good defensive record.

He was very good in the CL for Leipzig. Was good even when they lost 5-0 to Man Utd which was a bit of a freak.
    Upamecano has had a poor few months but he is a very good player also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

With prices like that no wonder the cheapo Chinese ones do be flying out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'll keep buying them for the kids too, they can't tell the difference and they last about as long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, like whatever about the players version - but the regular 'stadium' version being 87 euros is mad. Especially when (going by last years) it's only really a close approximation of what the players wear. Imo, the 2 versions should be visually identical, with just better fitting and perhaps material on the more expensive one. The finish and detailing on what is effectively an 87 euro t-shirt should be top quality. As it stands, it feels like you're paying 87 quid for a knock-off.

Nike putting marking the price up by an extra 25% so they make an extra 5% on the 20% they have to give the club on sales.

Are sales strong since Nike took over?

Their prices are pretty steep, and that's putting it mildly

• Advertisement

6 wrote: »
    Are sales strong since Nike took over?

Their prices are pretty steep, and that's putting it mildly

I think last year's jersey had record breaking sales anyway, so whatever they're doing seems to work!

I actually don't mind them having a scandalously expensive super fancy version - it's a good way of boosting revenue on more of a niche/boutique product for people with that sort of disposable income - as long as the bog standard version is up to scratch and decent quality for the still-expensive pricetag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

More fool the idiots that pay that for a jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

My kids get the knock off one form Thailand every season & have no idea as of yet ,

Well unless someone else buys them one as a present ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

you all need to be buying official merchandise so we can sign Mbappe.

I had to google him to ensure I had the spelling right and when you do google prompts "Mbappe Liverpool". Practically a done deal if we buy the shirts.

Aouar available for £22 to 25m according to Lequipe.

Neves £35m

Bissouma £40m

• Advertisement

Neves £35m

Bissouma £40m

Serious bargain there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If Auoar is available for that, you have to buy. 60m they wanted last summer from Arsenal.

Watched a couple of videos of Konate, he certainly has the all the physical attributes, he's a monster of a young fella, very quick and has excellent long range passing. That could be some serious pairing of him and big Virg.
    We sorely missed the aerial threat of the big man this season, adding Konate could be even more dominance.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Serious bargain there!

To be a fair that is a seriously impressive midfield 3 for a £100m all of them in their early 20's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

My kids get the knock off one form Thailand every season & have no idea as of yet ,

Well unless someone else buys them one as a present ,

Thanks Dad! Always knew you were a cheapskate :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just been watching some Konate videos. He's some unit. 6'4 but not a skinny 6'4. He's built like a brick ****house. Actually seems comically big at times compared to the smaller players around him. For a fella that big you'd worry about his mobility but he seems pretty quick across the ground. And he has these long legs that seem to poke the ball away even when it seems like he's out of range. Seems well able to take the ball out of defence as well. I see he only played 8 league games last season due to injury so hopefully it's just a case of his body growing into his frame.

Rhys Williams is 6'4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Rhys Williams is 6'4.

Do you mean 6st 4lbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Doing a full rewatch of the 2005 final for the night that’s in it, just gone 3-0 down, can’t see us getting back into this tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Can't wait to read posts form the poster calling Konate a waste of money and he needs to be sold when doesn't get regular game time in the first few months of next season.

Seriously you need to let that Fabinho post from years ago go. You bring it up almost weekly at this stage. We get it, there was a poster who thought we should have sold Fab after 6 months. That was one guy, maybe two...do the rest of us need to hear about it for eternity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

steve_r wrote: »
    Doing a full rewatch of the 2005 final for the night that’s in it, just gone 3-0 down, can’t see us getting back into this tbh

Funny I can remember the end and the joy, but for the life of me, I don’t remember getting to 3-0 down. I do remember roaring at the top of my voice as we clawed our way back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Unfortunately some folk need to be constantly reminded.

Neves £35m

Bissouma £40m

We should bite their hands off for Aouar at that price! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

mormank wrote: »
    Seriously you need to let that Fabinho post from years ago go. You bring it up almost weekly at this stage. We get it, there was a poster who thought we should have sold Fab after 6 months. That was one guy, maybe two...do the rest of us need to hear about it for eternity?

Sure wasn’t there several saying the same about Thiago this season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Amen, it comes across so very preachy doesn't it.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Funny I can remember the end and the joy, but for the life of me, I don’t remember getting to 3-0 down. I do remember roaring at the top of my voice as we clawed our way back.

I was watching it at my house with my younger brother (An Arsenal fan) and my best mate (a Utd fan) so I fully remember going 3 goals down. :( Kept telling them it's not over, it's not over despite not believing that myself. I was getting some amount of slagging...then the second half was just glorious! Still my favourite memory as a pool fan. :D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Unfortunately some folk need to be constantly reminded.

Well then remind them but don't constantly go on about it with every player we sign! You'd swear it was the entire thread saying Fab should be sold but it clearly wasn't. It was one or two guys.
    Amen, it comes across so very preachy doesn't it.

Absolutely. Agent Coulson is clearly one of the better posters in this thread but this is too much. I've been meaning to point this out for years but only starting posting again a few weeks ago so here it is..:p

I mean, I was recently vindicated on my opinion that FIFA/champ manager are actually really accurate on their predictions on players but you don't hear me constantly going on about it! ;)

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Sure wasn’t there several saying the same about Thiago this season

Sure. The world is full of idiots, many of them are liverpool fans and post here but do we really need to let them dictate the discourse??

Sure. The world is full of idiots, many of them are liverpool fans and post here but do we really need to let them dictate the discourse??

I guess you missed the same poster calling for Klopp to go then 3 months ago because he lost the dressing room since you only started posting again.

These hot takes need to scorned and remembered for what they are.

I guess you missed the same poster calling for Klopp to go then 3 months ago because he lost the dressing room since you only started posting again.

These hot takes need to scorned and remembered for what they are.

No I read it. I also read each and every time you pointed it out since, which was ALOT! Was it the same poster who said we should have sold Fab? If so fair enough. But I still dont think you need to hang on to it for this long, it was years ago we signed Fab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

As a few said, was watching some Konate youtube videos. Some amount of players literally avoiding tackling him. Bit of a Yaya Toure about him when he runs forward with the ball crossing the half way line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Subject change.

Season is not quite over.

EL final Man Utd vs Villarreal

English press have this down as an easy win for Utd. I haven’t watched Villarreal at all. Had a look at their results and it’s very up and down. But you could argue Utd are not consistent either. I’m cheering Villarreal here…..just because.

CL final Man City vs Chelsea

I can’t see anyone but City winning this regardless of previous results against each other. City were unbelievable against Everton and if they play like that, it will be tons of goals. Chelsea will be relying on Werner and he likes getting offside a lot. City play a high line so I expect Werner to suffer. I’d like to see Chelsea win just to take the wind out of City’s sails.

Any thoughts?

Villarreal has population of 23500 you could fit the whole population into Old Trafford and have 50k odd empty seats.

Well I'll be cheering for Moreno in his 3rd Europa Cup Final.

TotalDecimalIndochinahogdeer-size_restricted.gif

Damien360 wrote: »
    Subject change.

Season is not quite over.

EL final Man Utd vs Villarreal

English press have this down as an easy win for Utd. I haven’t watched Villarreal at all. Had a look at their results and it’s very up and down. But you could argue Utd are not consistent either. I’m cheering Villarreal here…..just because.

CL final Man City vs Chelsea

I can’t see anyone but City winning this regardless of previous results against each other. City were unbelievable against Everton and if they play like that, it will be tons of goals. Chelsea will be relying on Werner and he likes getting offside a lot. City play a high line so I expect Werner to suffer. I’d like to see Chelsea win just to take the wind out of City’s sails.

Any thoughts?

City's high line will suit Werner down to the ground - he made his name on quick breaks into space at Leipzig. He's forever offside of late, but having a bit of space to run into only lets him stay a few extra yards onside as he has room to make up the ground. He's already set up goals in both games against City under Tuchel.

Really can't call that one... Chelsea are particularly well suited to City's game, extremely well structured to soak up pressure and lethal on the break. It's what saw them get past Madrid, and knock out 2 wins against City in recent months. And where Werner's got form in setting up goals against them, Ziyech has great form in scoring against them. But City are City - they have quality everywhere, so if they get into their groove, no-one can stop them. Depends on how they come into the game mentally I think. They've been mentally weak in Europe for years, but maybe this is the year they can put all that aside and just do the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The Thailand knockoff or the official version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I reckon Villarreal will be overawed by both the occasion and by playing United. This is probably the biggest game in their history (possibly only CL semi final in 06 v Arsenal was bigger). Probaly play out similar to a few years ago when United beat an inexperienced Ajax, the occasion got to Ajax and United won without really having to do an awful lot. Hopefully proven wrong and Villarreal win.

United winning another Europa league will mean they'll be seen as being only 1 Europa league/UEFA cup behind us, even though the competition has been seriously diluted since we won ours, especially the ones in the seventies when it was as strong a competition as the European Cup itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The Thailand knockoff or the official version?

The PES version, Hassan Aurora.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Would love to see us sign Aouar and Bissouma, replacing Gini and Ox/Keita.

Along with Konate and a striker we'd be in good shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Aouar would be nice. Liked watching him play during that CL run they had a couple seasons ago. Didn't get to see him much this season.

Although I am a bit skeptical as to whether or not he would he an adequate Gini replacement. From what I remember, he's not exactly a pressing or energetic midfielder with interceptions but instead more of a passer or player to dribble with the ball and shoot. I could be corrected there as I don't exactly watch Ligue 1! To me, signing him would signal a bit of a tactical change and set up.

I don't think we should be looking for a replacement for Gini as it's going to be very difficult to find a player who never gets injured and can play 50/60 full games a season, season in season out.

Whoever gets signed now will be compared to Gini and that will be unfair on the new signing.

Also I think Klopp will change the system up next season when everyone is fit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement