Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Tyler Morton is saying all the right things in his first interview since his loan move to Blackburn.

"I didn't expect it to come as quickly as it did," Morton explained. "I have tried to take all my chances in my stride and I've done pretty well.

"I am really happy with how it went last year and I want to add to that. I feel a lot more experienced than I did at the start of last season as a 23s footballer.

"The Champions League, the Premier League and with the cups, I think I have learned a lot. Hopefully, I can take it into another challenge.

"It was unbelievable and I hope he (Klopp) still trusts me. Hopefully, this will help me move up in his opinion.

"To get that from such a huge person and personality, it took a lot of hard work and I have worked hard through the years. I'm delighted to have gained his trust and he'll trust me more when I get back."

"I like playing anywhere in centre-mid, as a six I can get on the ball more and that is my main quality," he explained. "My range of passing is probably my best quality so I want to use that in the Championship and show what I have got for this team.

"It's a completely different level, in a good way, it will challenge my physicality and hopefully make me a better player. I like challenges and this is a massive one for me.

It's a top-quality squad with a top-quality manager so hopefully, it'll all click. Promotion is the main aim for everyone, it won't be easy but it's certainly what I am looking at."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I see we where linked with Sane today.,

No chance of it happing but one thing that really caught me was he is 27 in January how the hell did that happen

He never really kicked on did he, probably at his best in his early days at City ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I agree, I'm a Henderson fan, first name on the team sheet. My point is regarding formation, are we tied to 4-3-3 to make sure Henderson is in the team.

Who do you drop in a

4-2-3-1 , you have to assume Fab and Thiago are the two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Do you understand what a Freudian slip is? If you did you might feel differently. Google it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I think balance is the issue with that formation. We've used it a few times as a switch in games but only when necessary and fatigue has become a factor in the game. We lose a lot with it however and in some games its let the momentum swing against us. Our best player(s) have more defensive work and less of a pressing impact.

From what ive seen of 4231 it works best when the 3 are primarily adept at passing the ball with a secondary skill of dribbling. If salah and diaz were to play that position then they would struggle with the passing requirement, be too predictable as dribblers, have a reduced goal threat and their ability to press the full backs would be reduced to tracking a full back.

Many fans seem to want to build it around bobby playing at the middle of the three because they think he'd be good at that position. We're an elite team looking to make the champions League final. We need experts on the level of xavi if we want to do that. Bobby might do it well vs wolves but hed be fncked against Real.

Jota would have to become the 1 up top. You need to be quite a generalist to drop, bit also run behind to keep the defenders guessing.

Its alright when we're all over a weaker team, they're tired and we need a break through but i really dont think our squad is made for it, not just hendo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

On Henderson, I saw this thread after the charity shield. It's slightly flawed and biased, I think, but it highlights what he brings

TL:DR his end product isn't the best but he makes stuff happen like no one else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I hope mane is enjoying his "challenge" Bayern 5 nil up away before half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Don't mean to sound conceited but until u see Hendo in the flesh it's possible to understate his importance or impact on our performance.....bossing things, running the team, demanding performances from every player, constantly barking orders.

I'm not sure you can have too many leaders on the pitch. It's not so long since we had 1, Stevie G. And sometimes none. Now we have a number of them, and you can't have too many. But Hendo is head and shoulders above them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He's also clearly the leader in everything they do off the field, which is where they are 95% of the time anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

The only time Hendo has put a foot wrong for us is when he was bolloxed or injured. He is the heart of the team, on and off the pitch. Maybe not the perfect footballer, but the perfect attitude. Which it seems, for Klopp is more important than raw talent.

• Advertisement

Glorified Scottish premiership!

Tbf, can't blame him for moving jobs, more cash and Munich is a brilliant city. Certain silverware too. Joke of a league though.

The only time Hendo has put a foot wrong for us is when he was bolloxed or injured.

That for me is the only valid criticism of Henderson - he has always made himself available for selection when he knows he's not fully fit because he doesn't want to leave the team down. It's the same reason why he has carried injuries for long periods of time and that compounded issues for him, but he has never complained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

It was very obvious watching the games during covid, without the crowd you could hear him constantly organising, encouraging and driving on the others in his high pitched yelp, especially to the younger lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

One upside of no crowds during the pandemic was being able to hear the players and Henderson never stopped shouting and encouraging. Surprised he ever has any voice left by the end of a game.

Leighton Clarkson has gone on loan to Aberdeen for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

It's oh so quiet, are you not eggcited!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Nunez on the bench as many predicted

Alisson, TAA Matip VVD Robbo, Fabinho Thiago Hendo, Salah Bobby Diaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Team news is usually 1hour, seems to be a little early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I just get it early 😉

5 kids on the bench, the glut of recent injuries is showing now. The first 11 should have enough to beat Fulham though, and Nunez is an option too.

Don't question Fitz. The season's opening fixtures list prediction was spot on! 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

A loss here will spoil my weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

C’mon Jurgen’s mentality monsters. Love watching this team.

Fulham full of beans, like a side that just got promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Have we kicked the ball in their half yet?

The two up top for Fulham are pressing very well and causing us problems getting started,

Once we sort that out we should get going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

We wil see how long they can keep this tempo up for. They're also playing bizarrely high up the pitch, it's been a while since one of the lower teams set up like this against us... hopefully we can exploit that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

Lovely finish anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

They just said it's the 4th season in a row we've played the newly promoted champions on the opening day. Every year the PL looking for a 'shock'.

Any one hear anything on Konate

Im hearing rumours he needs to go under the knife and it's a serious injury, Phillips won't be allowed leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

All over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Bobby been very poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Was coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ffs, twas coming

It's like a cup game. This is a major event for them to play Liverpool, to win a PL game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

Hopefully the kick up the arse needed, Fulham deservedly ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Awful defending. Not worried yet though, a 1 goal deficit isn’t usually much of a problem for us these days.

Chuck on Darwin at HT. He couldn't be any worse than Bobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Awful by Trent. We have been shocking and Fulham deserve their lead.

Firmino has been shocking, but he's not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

That was coming Fulham have been much better. Liverpool terrible so far.

• Advertisement

Trent needed to put the brake on, not allow the player behind him to push him all the way, and to use him as a ladder, just slam on the brakes, then it's a free out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Trent asleep at the back post, there was always going to be a first half fight from Fulham Liverpool just turned up expecting to win.

Not sure what Trent could really have done. The whole team were at fault there. Too pensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Usual targeting of the area Trent is supposed to be defending

In fairness it was a brilliant cross and Mitrovic is just about the last player you'd want to be up against for a back post cross like that. Was only going to be one winner there once the cross was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Should of been the leveller. Robbo had to pick out either Bobby or Diaz there

Diaz off the post. Not his day. Could have had two.

Ohhh what an effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Diaz hits post. Getting closer

• Advertisement
Advertisement