Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I see Arsenal are linked with Buendia of Norwich, he's a tidy little player and only 24 with past PL experience.

I feel he could add a little bit of flair to the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

announce Fekir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Girly Gal wrote: »
    I reckon Villarreal will be overawed by both the occasion and by playing United. This is probably the biggest game in their history (possibly only CL semi final in 06 v Arsenal was bigger). Probaly play out similar to a few years ago when United beat an inexperienced Ajax, the occasion got to Ajax and United won without really having to do an awful lot. Hopefully proven wrong and Villarreal win.

United winning another Europa league will mean they'll be seen as being only 1 Europa league/UEFA cup behind us, even though the competition has been seriously diluted since we won ours, especially the ones in the seventies when it was as strong a competition as the European Cup itself.

That Ajax team had an average age of 21 or something which included a 30 year old Blind so up against a Mourinho team in a final. There was only going to be one winner in that game.

If it was a full stadium then maybe the Villareal team could be overawed. Emery has been here many times before as a manager, he knows how to prepare his team.

This is Ole's biggest game yet as a manager and it could well be him who is a bit over awed by the experience.

In their last 6 games United lost 3, drew 1 and won 1. Villareal have won 3, drew 1 and lost 2. Both forms are inconsistent so it could go either way.

On paper United have the better players. Villareal have the better manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't think we should be looking for a replacement for Gini as it's going to be very difficult to find a player who never gets injured and can play 50/60 full games a season, season in season out.

Expecting a player to stay as fit as Gini isn't some crazy unrealistic expectation.

We should absolutely be looking for a raw athlete to replace Gini because we'll be ****ed without one. Ox, Keita, Henderson, Milner and even Fab have it in them to be all out for significant periods - we desperately need someone cut from a different cloth in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I see Arsenal are linked with Buendia of Norwich, he's a tidy little player and only 24 with past PL experience.

I feel he could add a little bit of flair to the squad.

I actually thought we'd look at him after Norwich were relegated, given our history of picking tru the carcass of relegated teams and getting the likes of Robbo, Gini before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

I actually thought we'd look at him after Norwich were relegated, given our history of picking tru the carcass of relegated teams and getting the likes of Robbo, Gini before.
    Jamal Lewis - Delia Smith and company thought they were in for a big pay day and Edwards pulled the rug out from under them. I doubt the club would be in any rush to do business with them after that.

Norwich wanted £20M plus add-ons for Jamal Lewis. A player they had been prepared to sell him to West Ham for £12M the previous transfer window until they were made aware of Liverpool's interest. Liverpool offered £10M and the player ended up going to Newcastle for £14M.

Liverpool's "underhand" tactics apparently unsettled the player and robbed Delia of about £10M or so the story goes from a certain perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Goncalves would be an interesting one would also count as homegrown having been at wolves academy
    Reckon we see a more attacking midfielder come in given the double pivot now of fab and thiago and hendo can rotate with either of them.
    Bissouma and aouar for ox and keita wold definitely be an upgrade simply on the fact they would be available more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I wonder if Leicester are serious about Naby? If so I wonder could we get Tielmans as part of the deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Goncalves would be an interesting one would also count as homegrown having been at wolves academy
    Reckon we see a more attacking midfielder come in given the double pivot now of fab and thiago and hendo can rotate with either of them.
    Bissouma and aouar for ox and keita wold definitely be an upgrade simply on the fact they would be available more
    He signed for Wolves when he was 19 and left 2 years later so he wouldn't qualify as a homegrown player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will Davies be kept to help make up the homegrown quota.

Just reading yesterday that he is on something like £50k a week that's a nice big increase from what he would have been on at PNE or he would get at Celtic so maybe he is happy enough to be a squad player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I wonder if Leicester are serious about Naby? If so I wonder could we get Tielmans as part of the deal?

In all fairness why would Leicester replace Tielmans with Keita, replacing their best player with a guy whose rarely available to play doesn't make sense

I'd imagine so if we threw £40/50m at them with Keita. Tielemans just turned 24...... could be a serious player for the next 6 to 8 years at PL level. This season saw him add a very credible number of goals to his game........... he'll be expensive. Leicester will be throwing cash at him to stay also.
    He'd surely be better off joining our project though in footballing terms.

Naby at 26, fairly hard sell given his injury record IMO.... and Naby might fancy staying at LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It could be a thing where Leicester have Keita lined up as a potential Tielemens replacement, if Tielemens is to leave.

It's a really big summer coming up for Keita, irrespective of whether he stays at Liverpool or not. He has had a really bad injury plagued season with multiple different niggly injuries. It wasn't just one impact injury that kept him out. That cloud will hang over him now and he might not have the career at a top level he once thought he would have. He needs to get fit, and remain fit. There is a big Gini shaped hole in the midfield at Liverpool now. Time to grab the opportunity.

As an aside, it was encouraging to see that Thiago remained fit once he recovered from that shocker of a tackle from Richarlison. A lot was said about his niggly injuries etc but he seemed fairly robust once he came into the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hardest thing for big clubs these days is getting rid of the deadwood,

We need to get Origi ,Grujic, Takki & Shaq of the books the price doesn't really matter

Then if we get a bid over 20 million I'd be letting one or both of Ox & Naby go

Matip , Milner , Phillips stay one more season ,

New CB
    Gini replacement,
    NEW AM,
    New CF ,

Elliot returns

Girly Gal wrote: »
    In all fairness why would Leicester replace Tielmans with Keita, replacing their best player with a guy whose rarely available to play doesn't make sense

There's reports that Tielmans wants to play CL and it could be that Rodgers had identified Kiera as a possible replacement.

If Kieta can stay fit he'd do excellent in the PL and would get into most teams. It could be an Ings situation that a move sees him improve his fitness and really push on.

There's reports that Tielmans wants to play CL and it could be that Rodgers had identified Kiera as a possible replacement.

If Kieta can stay fit he'd do excellent in the PL and would get into most teams. It could be an Ings situation that a move sees him improve his fitness and really push on.
    Tbh I'd be delighted if we got Tielmans and got rid of Keita, but, just looking at it from a Leicester perspective it doesn't make sense. It's a big if regarding can Keita stay fit as he hasn't proved he can in 3 seasons with Liverpool so a big risk for any club to take him on at this stage.

Feel for Kabak the lad gave his everything hope he does well wherever he ends up but seems like that best for everyone not to keep him ,

• Advertisement

Feel for Kabak the lad gave his everything hope he does well wherever he ends up but seems like that best for everyone not to keep him ,

Kabak will most likely turn out to be an good solid defender who'll do an excellent job for someone.

For €18m he's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

It would be the worst business Leicester have done to replace Tielemans with Keita, but then again Rodgers has had a few bad transfer dealings in the past..

How did Todd Cantwell get on this season actually? Weren’t we linked to him last year and many wanted him.

Kabak will most likely turn out to be an good solid defender who'll do an excellent job for someone.

For €18m he's a bargain.

Ye good solid defender never made any real howlers but was never brilliant either , I think we should aiming higher,

Someone like Westham would be perfect for Kabak

Konate seems to have more attributes but of course its another thing putting them all together only time will tell, ,

It would be the worst business Leicester have done to replace Tielemans with Keita, but then again Rodgers has had a few bad transfer dealings in the past..

How did Todd Cantwell get on this season actually? Weren’t we linked to him last year and many wanted him.

It'd obviously be cash + Kieta for Tielmans. If we'd to give them £35m that might mean they can go out and spend decent money on a Vardy replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On the upside, after a rough first half of the year in that woeful Schalke defence, what he’s done since Christmas will put him on a lot more clubs radar and probably get him a much better move than he’d have gotten otherwise.

He really is at the very top end of centrebacks around that age. If we had City/Chelsea money I’d definitely buy him, loan him out, and sell him for more in a few years, but alas other spots need the immediate investment more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fieldog wrote: »

Well connected people face no punishment

It's how the world is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    On the upside, after a rough first half of the year in that woeful Schalke defence, what he’s done since Christmas will put him on a lot more clubs radar and probably get him a much better move than he’d have gotten otherwise.

He really is at the very top end of centrebacks around that age. If we had City/Chelsea money I’d definitely buy him, loan him out, and sell him for more in a few years, but alas other spots need the immediate investment more.

Yeah, he's got a good report card from a top club and manager and not linked to a relegation club as much as before. Hope that alone helps his career progress.

I think he looked a little slow to get his feet sorted & positioning was not great ,but as you said he is very young ,

Is he slow over 5 yards or does he just look it,,

Raphinha did an interview where he said he is great friends with Bobby and also gets on with Ali & Fab.

If that's not a come and get me Klopp I don't know what is :pac:

Raphinha did an interview where he said he is great friends with Bobby and also gets on with Ali & Fab.

If that's not a come and get me Klopp I don't know what is :pac:

4 year's left on a contract, wouldn't be exactly cheap!

Sign all the Brazilians...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think he looked a little slow to get his feet sorted & positioning was not great ,but as you said he is very young ,

Is he slow over 5 yards or does he just look it,,

Thought he was decent at those things tbh - he’s definitely a bit slow over 5 yards, but thought his positioning and small adjustments to stop people getting around him in the box were really good. Despite his age he’s the one who took control of the back line too. That instant burst of pace is definitely lacking, and would be a problem for how we like to play, but otherwise he’s a really good all rounder I think, and way ahead of the curve for his age.

Fieldog wrote: »
    4 year's left on a contract, wouldn't be exactly cheap!

Sign all the Brazilians...

I definitely be trying to sign Pereira from West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Thought he was decent at those things tbh - he’s definitely a bit slow over 5 yards, but thought his positioning and small adjustments to stop people getting around him in the box were really good. Despite his age he’s the one who took control of the back line too. That instant burst of pace is definitely lacking, and would be a problem for how we like to play, but otherwise he’s a really good all rounder I think, and way ahead of the curve for his age.

I was never 100% confident with him. Felt he didn't judge things too well. Bit of a Lovren mismatch of supreme confidence and maybe not as much awareness of work ons as he needed. He's young though, could end up being very good. I'm not sorry to not be signing him.

Julien Laurens is reporting Konate passed his medical a few weeks ago and will complete the move when the Under 21 Euro's is over.

That might be the reason he didn't play for RB in the last weeks of the season.

The Everton goal sticks in my head everyone raved about James pass but Kabak was so poor,

Leicester away still not sure if he got a call from Alli or not ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The Everton goal sticks in my head everyone raved about James pass but Kabak was so poor,

Ha, I’d forgotten about Everton winning at Anfield.

That’s actually brought a smile to my face considering the 3rd place finish!

Things really were sh!t for a while!!!

In fairness to Kabak he was only in the door and we were at our lowest ebb, once he settled in he was alright, we definitely wouldn't have got top 4 had he not been brought in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

His lack of pace was definitely apparent and the one worry I had about him, that you just can't teach. For a team that play such a high line, our defenders have to be quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

I definitely be trying to sign Pereira from West Brom.

I'd absolutely take Perreira of West Brom and St Maximum. Two more FIFA players who I would have signed years ago tbh :P but I would still love to see them both at Pool, especially St Maximum just for the sheer entertainment of watching him. Most exciting player in the league right now imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

St Maximin is all show and no end product. Wouldn't have him near the team. Pereira is good though.

• Advertisement

Fan voted team of the season.

Phillips & Salah make it.

E2UaEt8XoAU2Tvv?format=jpg&name=large

Fan voted team of the season.

Phillips & Salah make it.

E2UaEt8XoAU2Tvv?format=jpg&name=large

What would have been the odds on Philips and Martinez making any team of the season at the start of the season

Great recognition but 16 pl appearances makes inclusion a stretch IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

E2Om0AkXIAQVYB2?format=jpg&name=large

Trim couldn't be more red, dunno where the orange is that was in the official photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

E2Om0AkXIAQVYB2?format=jpg&name=large

Trim couldn't be more red, dunno where the orange is that was in the official photos.

Must be the material reflecting the flash/studio lighting?

I have to say it looks great here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Makes sense not picking up Kabak permanently.

He doesn't offer much more than Phillips for 18million more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I can feel for Kabak as he didn't necessarily do anything wrong, but Phillips played himself into a role long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Wrong thread 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I can feel for Kabak as he didn't necessarily do anything wrong, but Phillips played himself into a role long term.

Philips Long term role is 5th choice tbf.

All going well next season he'd struggle to get a CC game.

He should really consider leaving and capitalising on his current high stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

rob316 wrote: »
    His lack of pace was definitely apparent and the one worry I had about him, that you just can't teach. For a team that play such a high line, our defenders have to be quick.

Liverpool were well aware of his pace before he signed.

Advertisement