Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

We were only a few points above the relegation zone with nearly half the season gone and things were looking like they would get worse. Doubt United will be as close to the relationship zone after half a season, would be great if they still are I'd be delighted in fact. Hopefully we can pile on the agony again next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Thing is, in no way is there a quick fix under their current guidance. Not a hope! ETH should walk straight out that door, as there isn't a hope in hell of getting any support from the current owners.

Long may it last.

On a side note, am I the only gombeen who did not select Haaland as captain this week? Kept the faith with Darwin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

I think Klopp would’ve moulded Rashford in to a great player had he been at Liverpool. All the raw material is there.

He is missing the most important though, attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Going to United and winning is still a huge ask, they're bottom now, but they'll be well rooted there if we win big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And Klopp wouldn’t have played him with a fractured back that without doubt is having a long term effect on the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I'm not sure it's attitude, he went off to do some intensive training at a Nike facililty in the US over the summer. I think he's just another over-rated English player. His speed masked a lof of his deficiencies.

Look like Origi will be a sub at AC Milan he came on in the 86th minute tonight in the first league game of the season which Milan won 4-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bet they’ll start him in the derbies against Inter though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

There's some truth in that, however.....

There has been zero coaching, or at best very poor quality coaching or structure around United's first team for many years. Like, apart from playing him while injured, do you really think Rashford received any real coaching during the Ole regime? Even during the jose and Van Gaal terms, it was a mess, and came at a pivotal time in Rashford 'S development.

Worse thing that could happen is if the the United fans cause a disruption next week, the game called off and us awarded a 3-0 walkover.

That would be totally unfair for our goal difference record 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I saw this earlier, is this real ? fans are actually going to cancel a premier league game because they're unhappy with their club. I hope the sanctions are huge for this premediated event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

It’s absolutely delightful to see what’s going on with that mob! I’m kinda embarrassed for them , but then again, in my lifetime, we were definitely that bad under Souness and under Hodgson. We were just lucky that their reigns weren’t in close proximity to each other!

Long May that Sh1t Sh0w go on, ETH is not gonna be their saviour, and I’ve said for years now that as long as Old Whiskey Nose keeps turning up at that stadium, his legacy will become greater, but the club will slowly tear itself apart at the seams, as they judge every potential candidate by his standards!!!

But enough about those shower, we need a serious step up in class and ability on Monday night to kick start our season after the dismal performance last weekend! Let’s just get it on!!

Post edited by ratracer on

Seems cowardly to disrupt the game. The easy way out.

If they actually boycotted the game and left it empty it wouid have a far bigger impact. They'd never be aligned enough to organise that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

We should but our club was integral in ensuring the game was played at some stage last time, I'd expect us to want to do the same. Klopp was asked about it and he said none of them wanted to be gifted the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Last time was, essentially what we thought a one off....

I'm sure Klopp may have a different opinion second time around with injuries building up etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fill your boots Darwin lad on Monday week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I very much hope so. As much as I'd like to batter them again at their place, another fixture to fit in somewhere down the line in an already too congested season is not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

I hope the game isn’t cancelled, but if it is, we should be awarded the points.

CL games and having to finish up early is congested enough without having to accommodate a fixture change for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It's not enough to merely award the points, they should be deducted a substantial number of points to discourage this sort of behaviour. Otherwise they'll be at it every other week.

Plus United might be in better shape by then, so we would be penalised on the double - more fixture congestion and harder fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

3-0! Why should we suffer because they disrupt the game, we need those goals for our goal difference!!

BTW,we were as bad as this back in the day. In the 90s we completely lost our way, Souness? White suits? Pretty boys without any guts? Maintaining the old boot room (Evans, who is a nice guy and a crest clubman, but was completely out of his depth) for 10 years too long, and then of course the Hodgson era.

The 90s can be somewhat excused as I'm always of the belief that the trauma and grief around Hillsborough took probably 15 years to work its way through, Houlier, while not without his faults saved us in many ways, and Rafa's work cannot be forgotten either.

It's hilarious watching that crowd, they are so small minded thay still only worry about us, and can't see the bemoth that has grown up next door to them.

Anyway, we have a job to do ourselves, starting tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It was to short really. He's still out only manager to be undeaten in European competition!

Regarding the proposed protest: if the game doesn't go ahead, they should have furture home games moved to neutral venues.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

They shouldn’t be allowed to reorganise the game for another future date if it’s cancelled. It has to be a large points deduction and a walkover as a warning to the whole league.

Searching google tells me the league can deduct up to 9 points but that’s for going into administration, but can also deduct for failing to fulfil fixtures but it doesn’t state how many. But as I read it, if you just move the game, then it will still be fulfilled. Fixture congestion leads to injuries and that shouldn’t be allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I was thinking more if it CAN'T go ahead. Walkover, definitely. But there has to be a knock-on effect or it'll happen every time they have a home game.

Not sure if a points deduction would work - moving games to neutral venues is more practical.

Big game tomorrow evening to worry about first. Can’t afford dropping points in this home game. Palace are dangerous but if our front 3 are at it, it should be 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

You mean it will happen every time they have a home game against Liverpool

• Advertisement

I'd imagine, if it gets results or goes unpunished, they'll do it whoever they play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

A disaster for their own fans who have booked transport, accommodation to get to the game, kids upset, damaging for the clubs brand and people will be slower to buy tickets for future games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Lads talking like we will wuup utd at old Trafford,did ye watch the Fulham match?

Never take a trip to old Trafford lightly,as bad as we were in the past we always upped it against them at anfield,will be no different for them us going there.

I'll take the 0-3 walkover right now thanks...

Normally I’d agree with your line of thinking, but the only chance they have of taking anything from the game is by parking the bus and shutting us out and there’s no way in hell they’d play like that under Ten Hag, especially at Old Trafford.

If it goes ahead, I’d genuinely expect us to put up a big number. I never thought I’d be saying that and I was even cautious of United in both games last season. It’s just the logical thing to expect when you see how they’ve played so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'll take a win . Its utd after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Premier League not doing it the first time in fact doing nothing that 1st time has put them and a bad spot. The PL should have done something then instead of letting them off with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Salah would be gutted with a walkover - one less game to win the golden boot. Plus he normally scores at OT and would certainly fancy his chances next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Kante off injured with a hamstring injury. Probably 8 weeks out but somehow will be fit to play against Liverpool on September 18th. His usual!

I’d be more worried if we were a couple of goals up against Man U in that game that there players would decide that they needed to show spirit to the fans like they did last season and start to him in heavy with two footed tackles.

• Advertisement

That happened in both games last season. A few of our players were lucky to escape injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Your ignoring all logic to be honest, they are muck, got turned over by Brighton at home already. You think they'll turn it on cause it's Liverpool? You don't think it's drilled into our players the importance of kicking united hard when they are down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

While we cannot take any match against United for granted, I hate losing but I especially hate losing against United, I do think we overcame a big psychological hurdle when we dismantled them twice last year. Before that even when we had the better teams it was a struggle to beat them but the 4-2 match seemed to have broken something within our team so the next time we visited Old Trafford the players was even more at ease.

I don't think they will be too worried about going to the stadium as they will be comfortable in the surroundings from the last 2 visits there. That is a big deal for an away team. Still need to take it seriously though and not underestimate them, but we should be too good for them. They are truly dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

They may not..turn it on..but I can't see them lying down,3rd game of season and no pints earned..I just can't see a comfortable night...

Hopefully I'm very wrong

This 9 and a half days without a game is driving me up the wall. This break actually feels longer than the entire pre-season. And then it’s another 7 days before the next one.

For a team that plays its best football when the games are no more than four days apart, it feels like an eternity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Firstly we must win tomorrow,

After that if we score first at Old Trafford we will hockey them, First goal in that game will be even more important than usual

• Advertisement

We won't get too many opportunities like this to dismantle United so we really should drive home our superiority and hit them hard when they are down, a good hammering will put ETH under massive pressure and on the back-foot before he has a chance to turn them around- given time I think he might do ok with them. I'd be more concerned about the Palace game, would take any sort of win tomorrow night, we need to get the points in the bag.

This is brilliant. Love Liverpool. So many absolute legends down the years.

Some reports this evening that the club are about to extend the Nike contract after comments made by Billy Hogan

I’d sign Nunes for the goal he scored this weekend alone.

We could do with midfielders scoring like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves. While i agree United are a shambles at the moment it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they beat us next monday. They are under massive pressure. For me i'd take a 3 nil win all day and not play the game if it were abandoned due to protests. You just never know its a funny old game after all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement