Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Liverpool were well aware of his pace before he signed.

For a loan it was grand, all in all was an absolutely excellent loan move from Liverpool‘s POV.

The pace thing just comes into play in the decision to buy or not, and clearly the club have decided to go for a quicker lad for the longer term in Konate.

Having said that, for his own career, I wouldn’t necessarily say Kabak’s pace will hinder him all that much. He’ll never be lightning, but he has a decent top speed, and explosiveness is something that can be improved upon - particularly over the next year or so as he settles into his adult body shape. Sometimes gonna get a great CB for the long term I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Alberto Moreno scored his peno....was nervous for him :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Delighted for Moreno, even if he is useless.
    Not all goalkeepers can score...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Awesome for Moreno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That's the most composed I've ever seen Moreno look. Great pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Resting players against us, eh?

2ae17f6d38b44d43192769aa5551501b.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Delighted the mancs lost ha ha

Now lets hope city lose also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Would be very happy with Villareal as top seed in our group next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Best. Penalty. Shootout. EVER!!!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

What a great week of football this has been :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Did I mention lads it's been a great end to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Unbelievable Jeff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Delighted the mancs lost ha ha

Now lets hope city lose also

I'm actually shouting for City....Chelsea are nearly on par with UTD for teams id hate to see win a raffle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

All together now

"we all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

https://twitter.com/UTDTrey/status/1397328430241353731
    Officially European final day. 4 years of pain needs to end. European Champions need to be crowned. I want Mentality monsters out there and I want to see the most Shameless unbearable fanbase in action if we win. Gdansk has to be RED.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Not easy to get that winning edge back but they tried their best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Ferguson having to present the trophy.

The script's gone wrong here surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

noodler wrote: »
    Philips Long term role is 5th choice tbf.

All going well next season he'd struggle to get a CC game.

He should really consider leaving and capitalising on his current high stock.

I'd say a 5th choice would get plenty of playtime with the fitness of Matip and Gomez. And with Van Dijk coming back from a long term injury, it would be mad for him to be looking to move on, and madder for us to want to move him on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

54and56 wrote: »

Nearly as good as Istanbul two oh oh five :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Well.......
    dudek-2134529.jpg

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fc0239ab2-3f50-11e8-b6d1-2c479ec10e4b.jpg?crop=1481%2C987%2C37%2C25

and non Liverpool

david-o-leary-shared-a-great-story-about-the-effect-that-penalty-had-on-ireland.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Thankfully the time I invested into that seriously low quality affair came to fruition with that shootout. We won 8 of our last 10 to avoid the ignominy of playing in the Europa League but no doubt Utd fans would have been giving it large for winning it, silverware, progress etc etc! A good night of football all in all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Mod: Gentle reminder that this is Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021, please keep on topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Good ebening. 🀣🀣🀣

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Well.......

and non Liverpool

david-o-leary-shared-a-great-story-about-the-effect-that-penalty-had-on-ireland.png

Thats one of those photos you can actually hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Ok, ok. Best "neutral" peno shootout ever. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Mod: Gentle reminder that this is Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021, please keep on topic.

We're discussing our potential CL rivals next season, Villarreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Scoring goals isn't for everyone's goalkeeper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The one sliver of worry I'd have is that this might be the result that pushes Ole out, and opens up the way for someone like Conte, since he's just left Inter. Altogether different proposition with a top quality manager in there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The one sliver of worry I'd have is that this might be the result that pushes Ole out, and opens up the way for someone like Conte, since he's just left Inter. Altogether different proposition with a top quality manager in there.

If Zidane leaves Real, Conte could well go there.

Ole came runner up in the league and got to European final, doubt he'll be under pressure from the board.

Top 4 next year shuld be a right proper battle and I fully expect us to be nearer the top hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

He has survived a lot of abuse all season. He got them to second place in PL. Even with Conte on the wings, he will get another season. It’s hard to argue with that achievement despite everyone having a truly crap season. Conte might end up at Spurs yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Conte to Real would be a game changer; fully believe they would walk la liga with him in charge.

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »

Moreno, all is forgiven for the performance v Sevilla! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I think he's done enough to start the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Damien360 wrote: »
    He has survived a lot of abuse all season. He got them to second place in PL. Even with Conte on the wings, he will get another season. It’s hard to argue with that achievement despite everyone having a truly crap season. Conte might end up at Spurs yet.

No chance.

He will end up at Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He's had an eventful 3 years.

Champions League winner
    ACL injury
    Europa League winner.

Probably with plenty hoverboard action with his dogs thrown in in the middle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Moreno, all is forgiven for the performance v Sevilla! :D:D:D

I wouldn't go that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I think he's just doing enough, on paper finishing second and a EL final looks decent but if you watch them you know they're going no where fast. Still need 4-5 players to come in and hit the ground running for them as well as a better manager.

Also all the reports two months ago was that he was getting a new bumper three year deal. I didn't see it announced though, would they pull that back? It would need Ed Woodward who is leaving soon or someone above him to do it and they don't seem like they make decisions quickly at United.

Conte will probably just end up at another Italian team, they love to pass managers and players between them without much fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Alberto has grown on me massively since leaving Liverpool and no longer playing for us. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i hate you all! :mad:

i dont really. i'm just pissed off so want to vent somewhere.

my apologies. will you take ole as an apology? for free as well cos no one else wants him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

i hate you all! :mad:

i dont really. i'm just pissed off so want to vent somewhere.

my apologies. will you take ole as an apology? for free as well cos no one else wants him?

You've come full circle, now you're home
    Without the gold, without the chrome
    And this is where you've always been
    You have to lose so you can win

Klopp was known as the serial loser at one point , it's good to lose, if it means learning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

You've come full circle, now you're home
    Without the gold, without the chrome
    And this is where you've always been
    You have to lose so you can win

Klopp was known as the serial loser at one point , it's good to lose, if it means learning

reminds me of this, but ole will never be king

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's hard to feel sorry for Utd. I do think there was a certain amount of ****housery around the Leicester game and the team they put out. I just wonder did we distract them? While I accept they needed to manage the squad I think they probably went too far.

Since then they got mauled by us at home, drew with Fulham at home, scraped past a mediocre Wolves and lost to a bang average Spanish side, judging by what I saw yesterday.

Momentum is everything.

Anyway it's always nice to see the plucky underdog win something whether it's Villarreal, Leicester or ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Moreno is getting married on Wednesday as well that’s a nice wedding present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think Moreno's an extremely likeable person but he comes across as the world's biggest dope. He could be a member of mensa for all I know but I think it's probably unlikely.

God I hated him at LB.

• Advertisement
Advertisement