Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

hopefully we could get a more robust midfielder in.

Maybe this guy:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

It'll be interesting to see how Gini does at Roma under Mourinho. Could be a good move for both of them. Gini picks up a good chunk of his PSG salary but gets to play more games in a much more competitive league for a proper old school big club with a very committed fan base and Mourinho gets a player who played correctly will consistently deliver for another 2-3 years at least as he's still only 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

It may be wishful thinking, but i can still see Bellingham coming this window. Naby lad plus cash is deffo doable.

I can't see JK trying to integrate 3 new MFs next windrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I've a feeling that this might actually happen. The pieces seem to be falling into place. It would be great to liven up the midfield now rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

What Mane sent staff when he left Liverpool...

Don't be sad because it's over, be happy because it happened... 🥹

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Won’t happen I don’t think. Dortmund already lost Haaland this window

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ronaldo might join them, help us out a bit in that regard.

I could actually see it happen, Champions League team and they might think he could do a job for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Henderson wasn't training today

Must be some meet and greet with the residents around Anfield at the moment, Mo, VVD, Matip and Tsimikas all out talking to the locals....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Matip did train today.

Bobby should be back for Monday and surely Gomez will start too and possibly Matip on the bench. Will feel like a very long wait until kickoff Monday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pretty much chocolate and a picture of himself signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Advertisement

Depends how u see it,

No ball work or twisting and turning just back on the grass running,

Id say he did a work out but not a training session,

Anyway either way he is close

Anyone hear anything on Konate no sign of himself or Ramsey at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ronnie and Mendes are pushing very hard to get BVB to take him.

We should offer them Naby and Money for Bellingham, Naby as Bellinghams replacement and the money to burn on Ronnie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Unless Ronaldo takes an 80% pay cut and / or Dortmund do a 180 on how they run their club there is more chance Ronaldo signs for us. Or United foot the bill to move him he's that toxic, but again that seems against everything Dortmund do.

If a German club was going to make a play, an RB marketing gimmick would be the one I think. Also against how they run their club (s), but mountains of money and they're a brand built on marketing and they might be the only CL club willing to pay. He'd score a boatload in Germany and the RB brand would be forever tied to him and he'd likely guarantee CL next year.

I was listening to one of the pods and they were talking about the red card and talked about how Nunez and Andersen had continued on something that started between them in the preseason game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Kinda interesting. When Liverpool play utd, Chelsea, arsenal, city and the other big European teams in a pre season there's always a feeling of detente. Even if one side wins big it's not a big deal. Maybe the teams were at different stages like the utd game this year. Essentially those teams are not interested in going to battle.

Playing teams that a lower down and in our league is more dangerous. They can legitimately look to use those games to give them a psychological edge.

Chances are when the CP team watched back their pre season game against us in prep for the PL game they probably saw how Nunez got at Anderson throughout the match and told him to stay on him and wind him as much as possible, and Nunez took the bait

I did watch the match but can't remember was there a bit of argy bargy between them at that stage...

As you and Atilla were saying, pre season, no one really cares, more about getting a run out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

No chance Bellingham signs this window, the deal would have been done already if he was coming. Next summer maybe, but, there will be other teams with bigger pockets in for him too. A midfielder really should have been brought in this summer, looking at what we have at the moment, numbers wise is fine on paper, but, there's question marks over most of them due to injury records, age, experience etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Season long loan move? United might just agree to get him out of the place, Ronlado to get Euro football - still not sure if it would work for Dortmund.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

I hope we're not getting left behind at the moment. This strategy of waiting for Bellingham was always risky assuming we could even get him and as others have said we already needed another midfielder this season regardless IMO.

I think we are clearly weaker than last season and if we've another bad injury season I don't think we'll be finishing top 4 this time and that really will be a disaster.

• Advertisement

Talk on Twitter that the club have held talks with Villa about signing Jacob Ramsey.

Sander Berge has also been linked who would be a solid midfielder I think is buyout clause is very high though and Stoke would want the full amount I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Also talk on twitter that we are going to put in a bid for Caicedo. The rumours are coming from Ecuador

Whats the story with, Konate the secrecy makes me think it's bad iv heard a rumor its a season ender, Ligament damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Stoke would do well to get any money for a Sheffield United player...

Idk about Berge. He doesn't special, but he looks ok. I know we need to think about younger midfielders, but is buying someone who's "ok" just because they're a fit body the right move? Especially if they cost big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if its a transition season so be it,manager only wants whats best for us,trust it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

It looked bad at the time, the way his leg flexed is not untypical of a serious ligament injury type movement. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that was what it looked like to me at the time.

I trust everyone has seen the Real Madrid video congratulating Casemiro on his retirement from football.

There was even a “Calm down! Calm down” 😀

MU won’t be attracting any serious talent for some time without paying way over the odds.

We were the same in the Rodger’s era. Paid way over the odds for players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

I get the transition season argument but if we don't get top 4 this year it will harm future years. There's 5 teams who realistically could finish top 4 this season and we really don't want to be the odd one out. There is already a serious 2020/21 vibe off this season for me with injuries. We were lucky that season with a really strong finish to finish 3rd but the problem is the other teams are all stronger now and we are weaker (at least at this point in time).

I really like the look of Ramsey at Villa so be great if we could pry him over in this window for decent money. I know nothing about the Brighton player.

Madrids mouthpiece paper Marca are reporting the money Man U paid for Casemiro will be used to buy Bellingham next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

The replies to a tweet I seen about it is like Liverpool twitter regarding midfield. Absolutely none of them believed they'd buy him or anyone else. All moaning that its all talk and its always "next summer" with Perez.

Wonder if we have an eye on one of their targets and they’re trying to get us to panic buy Bellingham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Someone asked James Pearce about him recently and the expectation is that he would be back in mid-September. Fingers crossed. Will take him a while to get going again.

Looking less and less likely that Gerrard will ever get the Liverpool managers job in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

How can this be a transition season when we haven't actually started the process of change? We replaced Mane with Nunez, with the rest of our first choice remaining the same. Doesn't really add up to a transition season. Appears to me more like some fans inventing an excuse for lowering their expectations on what they feel might turn out to be a disappointing season. We have gone from posters preferring to play United (because goal difference could be important in a title challenge) over the game being cancelled and us being awarded a 3-0 win, to talk of this being a transition season in just 1 week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Because we aren't spending untill nxt season,not sorting everything regards midfield,imo our style of play will change because sadio was a absolute freak of a human in his intensity which won't be replaced easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is this not the summer we were supposed to spend money? For the last three windows it’s been said that the big refresh was going to happen this year but we’ve stood still at best. It makes me doubt just how much investment we’ll actually see next year.

7 points off the top now, Monday looking like a must win already

Fingers crossed things start to click again

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Find it hard to believe how anyone can look at our team and not see we are going through a major transitional shift and could last longer than one season. Unfortunately we don't have VVD, Mane , Firmino and Salah in prime 20s anymore and the challenge facing klopp is our best players are nearly all over 30 and we endlessly injured players like OX, keita all on last year of their contracts.

One of our greatest premiership players in Mane has left replaced by a player with a totally different style. It's becoming a case of dismishing returns from players like Henderson and Firmino with age and klopp is trying to phase in very inexperienced players at premiership level with huge potential like Nunez, Carvalho and Elliot. That's the definition of transition.

These issues have become more apparent now we've started poorly with alot of injuries so of course it's becoming more talked about.

Its great having potential in Carvalho ,Elliot and Ramsay but we badly need someone who can remain fit to balance the extremes of age and youth in midfield .

Post edited by bdmc16 on

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

That's not a transition. What you posted happens every team in every season. Slight tweaks and evolutions do not consititute a transitional period or season(s) as you would normally refer to it in football terms. Gradual phasing out of old or out of form players is part and parcel of every club, if that was the definition of a transitional period then every club could be considered to be in perpetual transition. A transitional period will probably be needed when Klopp leaves or when the club has to bed in a large group of new players together.

It's looking increasingly likely we will be heading for a transitional period soon but it hasn't started yet. The club could have avoided it or lessened the impact if they had moved sooner to address the midfield issues many fans saw coming as far back as 18 months ago. We face the possibility of a transitional period precisely because the club has failed to phase out midfielders with age or poor injury records over the last 3 transfer windows. Some believe it is all part of some great master plan that will be revealed next summer. I am not so optimistic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement