Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Damien360 wrote: »
    Mahrez, Laporte, Jesus, Sterling all for sale. Shows you the strength of their squad. I’d take Jesus in a heartbeat.

Are they pretending that they need to sell to buy or something? Sure FFP is over like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Elliott did seem to mature as a man as well as a footballer over the course of the last season.

I'd like to see get a chance unless a really good loan offer comes from a premier league club.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Are they pretending that they need to sell to buy or something? Sure FFP is over like?

Just clearing up squad space for the England captain Kane along with Grealish & Rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Probably just doesn't want them moping about the place if they're not playing. Pep seems to like a tight squad of lads who all play every week or two with rotation. If guys are outside the club, I'd say he'd rather just be rid of them, like with Sane.

Mahrez the one surprising one for me there though, seemed to really rely on him this year, where the rest definitely on the outs alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Squad upgrade I suppose. If they did actually manage to sell just those 4, I’m sure the average would work out at 50-60m each. Plus their wages. It’s a very big squad with spare talent in every position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

I would think its bad for squad moral letting it out on c/l final day - what players city are looking to sell

Elliott did seem to mature as a man as well as a footballer over the course of the last season.

I'd like to see get a chance unless a really good loan offer comes from a premier league club.

The great thing is at his age, there's no bad decisions really. Could even hang onto him for the first half of the season for the league cup, and maybe a dead rubber CL game if the group goes well, and have a better sense of what loan move might be better in January when it's easier to see how Prem and Champ seasons are shaking out.

More than games right now, it's almost his physical development that takes precedence. Needs to be very carefully moulded from here to keep his foot speed, but build his explosiveness. Developing a quick turn of pace over the next 2 years will make or break him as a top level player I think. It's the difference between becoming the Mini-Mo he's been aiming for, and having to be a more deep-lying playmaker.

I don't think I have ever had such a lack of interest in a game for Old Big Ears, I just don't care which of Roman's or the UAE's play thing wins.

I don't think I have ever had such a lack of interest in a game for Old Big Ears, I just don't care which of Roman's or the UAE's play thing wins.

I know... the only way I can think about it is what's the lesser of two evils... Like, on the one hand, I really don't want City to finally get that thing they've been aiming for for a decade (as a club - the fans apathy toward Europe has always been weird/hilarious).

But on the other hand, winning it for Chelsea probably makes it that bit easier for them to bring in more top players, which makes the league that bit harder for us next season. I don't think City winning it really changes the business they'll do.

Blegh.

This will be right up your street. Not sure who to cheer for myself. Which is the lesser of two evils ?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/29/oligarch-v-sheikh-how-champions-league-finals-club-owners-sheikh-mansour-roman-abromovich-spend-on-and-off-the-field[url][/url]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Nah, I bloody hate City. Seeing them fail again would be glorious.

It's also a bit mad that on Champions League final day, only 9 posts have been made in total between the City and Chelsea threads here... Like, I know they don't have the same support in Ireland, but I'd have expected more than that...

In practice, I know I'm gonna end up going for Chelsea. Even though it might be worse for Liverpool, on the day and in the moment I just want City to lose more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah, I think Chelsea is clearly the lesser of two evils for me anyway. Them winning a second Champions League title isn’t nearly as hard to take as City winning their first would be.

As well as that, any time I’ve seen City play over the last two years on the telly and thought for even a second just how good their football is, I immediately remember them singing gleefully about Sean Cox nearly being murdered by a Roma fan and remember just how much I despise everything about that club, it’s players and a lot of its supporters.

Hope Chelsea fcuking smash that lot tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Couldn't afford him on that wage.
    Will Elliott be back with the first team next season?
    In one of his interviews last year he spoke of a planned path to the first team for 2022/23. He turned 18 last month so he has another two years to reach that goal. He's not going to displace Firmino, Jota, Mane or Salah in the squad next season so there is little point in keeping him around for the odd game.

He needs minutes on the pitch to continue his development so sending him on loan to Blackburn was a good choice. Blackburn is just over an hour from Liverpool so it wouldn't have been a massive disruption for a young player. Another season in the Championship will do him no harm. I think he's above the level of Blackburn, Stoke and Preston and should be able to prove himself at a club challenging for promotion.

If a decent manager was appointed at WBA then they could be a viable option for him. Liverpool could take Pereira off their hands to ensure Elliott gets the regular playing time he needs.

The Mirror reporting that club are now in the process of talking to Salah, VVD, Ali, Fab, TAA & Robbo about new contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Agreed. Also expecting it to be a terrible game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

It's Chelsea for me too. They leaped into contention thanks to Romans dirty money but they have at least made an effort to play by the rules in recent years. City and PSG are still bending the rules, just uefa are too crap to catch them at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Shades of Utd v Chelsea final about it, didn't watch that one and mighten watch tonight, as I'm not expecting an easy to watch game, 10e on each side to win on penalties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think that the lack of crowds has helped both sides get to the final..........can I say it would be a legitimate European Cup win ?

No I cannot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

After the season of misses he has had,a Timo hat trick would be nice.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Mahrez, Laporte, Jesus, Sterling all for sale. Shows you the strength of their squad. I’d take Jesus in a heartbeat.
    I wonder would he accept Liverpool's 6 year old contract offer now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Agreed. Also expecting it to be a terrible game.

City will try to win it, Chelsea will try not to lose it.

After the season of misses he has had,a Timo hat trick would be nice.

of offside goals ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ebbsy wrote: »
    of offside goals ???

That's also possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Shades of Utd v Chelsea final about it, didn't watch that one and mighten watch tonight, as I'm not expecting an easy to watch game, 10e on each side to win on penalties

yeah that was always a lose lose situation, until Terry's hilarious penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah that was always a lose lose situation, until Terry's hilarious penalty

A hearty laugh was had when that happened. :pac: Softened the blow of Utd winning it, anyway.

First time since the 90s I've been hoping for a Chelsea win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City had weakest group in the history or the CL, followed by the weakest path to a CL final in the history of the competition. I think Chelsea win this easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Liverpool Goal of the Season competition.

Doubt anything will beat Alisson's.

Apart from that, for me it's Goal F, Salah v. West Ham, ahead of his one against Atalanta (C) .

Honourable mentions to Goal D, Babajide v Sheffield Utd and Goal H, Musialowski v. Newcastle.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1398654613381812225

City had weakest group in the history or the CL, followed by the weakest path to a CL final in the history of the competition. I think Chelsea win this easily.

I’m not going to argue with that. You predicted Liverpool getting top four a long way out when we were playing rubbish and many of us here thought it was a ridiculous idea. So I’ll believe you and look forward to a goal fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i dont know if they'll win, but it wont be the stroll in the park for city many are making it out to be.

chelsea have a serious team as well, 2nd best squad to city and a very good manager as well.

gimme 2-2 or 3-3 with peno's.

yeah you'd swear City are up against Kidderminster not one of the wealthiest clubs in the world

Sterling is a very, very good player, but high wages and apparently high maintenance could mean trouble if he is signed. He has fallen out with Guardiola and remember what he did with Gomez in England duty. I’d pass on him.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Sterling is a very, very good player, but high wages and apparently high maintenance could mean trouble if he is signed. He has fallen out with Guardiola and remember what he did with Gomez in England duty. I’d pass on him.
    I wasn't being serious. :D

Talisman wrote: »
    I wasn't being serious. :D

I know. Sorry meant to delete quote when posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I'd prefer Chelsea to win, mainly as the CL is the only thing City are missing and are desperate to win it. Once they do win their first one the burden will be lifted and they could win a few as they have the money to buy who they want and whether you like him or not, Pep is one of the greatest managers in the history of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Probably just doesn't want them moping about the place if they're not playing. Pep seems to like a tight squad of lads who all play every week or two with rotation. If guys are outside the club, I'd say he'd rather just be rid of them, like with Sane.

Mahrez the one surprising one for me there though, seemed to really rely on him this year, where the rest definitely on the outs alright.

Is this the same Pep who tinkers so much with the starting 11 that folk over on the Fantasy football forum won't pick up City players because he never settles on a team? He has such a vast and skilfull squad, he could field 2 teams in the top 10 of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I really have enjoyed having the two legs to get the better of City.

I'd be bricking it against them in a once off, winner takes all scenario.

It's not like with Spurs where it was "do our job, and we'll win" kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

If I don't watch its not happening...
    It's getting me through this night

we may be reading blue moon for the lolz later after all

• Advertisement

This time they are choking in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

KevRossi wrote: »
    Liverpool Goal of the Season competition.

Doubt anything will beat Alisson's.

Apart from that, for me it's Goal F, Salah v. West Ham, ahead of his one against Atalanta (C) .

Honourable mentions to Goal D, Babajide v Sheffield Utd and Goal H, Musialowski v. Newcastle.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1398654613381812225

I can’t watch that Alisson goal without breaking into a joyful laughter, every single time. It’s like even on repeated viewings, I find it hard to believe our keeper scored a crucial, match-winning goal. :D

If we managed to go on and win the Champions League next season, every fan and player could rightly look back on that goal as the one that made it all possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Not trolling here, genuine point..

I would watch rivals games with Liverpool fans to talk about them as rivals to Liverpool, not as a neutral. If I were with a fan of a rival club I'd be way more polite. Same goes for these threads. If I wanted a more neutral chat I'd go into those threads, I haven't. Liverpool centered chat of the biggest game of the year has to have some space somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There is no way on earth that Man City would release a list of players that are for sale on the morning of a CL final and hypothetical speaking... Sterling is a cracking player but I couldn't see him wanting to come back to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

martyos121 wrote: »
    I can’t watch that Alisson goal without breaking into a joyful laughter, every single time. It’s like even on repeated viewings, I find it hard to believe our keeper scored a crucial, match-winning goal. :D

If we managed to go on and win the Champions League next season, every fan and player could rightly look back on that goal as the one that made it all possible.

I think the best thing about the goal was the casual way Alisson just jogged into the box and no one even bothered to pick him up even though he was in almost the perfect position for the incoming corner. It was almost as if they all thought he didn't know what he was doing there!

Charlie19 wrote: »
    There is no way on earth that Man City would release a list of players that are for sale on the morning of a CL final and hypothetical speaking... Sterling is a cracking player but I couldn't see him wanting to come back to Liverpool.

yeah it doesn't make sense it reminds me of anytime we'd play Utd during the Fergie years and before the match there would be some unsubstantiated rumour about one of our star players that would be forgotten about at kick off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

There will still be people posting that Pep is a better manager than Klopp. Those people will still be out there. Beware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Chelsea just wanted it more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

I guess my mates at work won’t be telling me the mighty Pool are the only bottlers any more after this week of finals! :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I guess league, European and world champions is only for special managers and teams.

Advertisement