Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

Oh no doubt......... the forwards are terrible except Mo. I'd not criticise the defence though, they are overperforming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

What will surprise a lot is that over their last 6 games, Liverpool have the best form in the league.

Obviously the late goals conceded against Leeds & Newcastle, coupled with the 2nd half performance against Southampton will tell us that we Liverpool are not playing well and that the form is poor.

The central defence tonight worries me. I don't really fancy the team to come from behind to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Betfair exchange have Utd @2.98 whilst Liverpool are @2.5, bit baffling tbh.

Betfair exchange have Utd @2.98 whilst Liverpool are @2.5, bit baffling tbh.

I imagine we have been under-priced throughout the year in the vast majority of our PL games.

That said, there's no way we should be considered favs away at OT.

Our first 11 is significantly weaker than our ideal first 11 due to injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Am I right in thinking it's back in our own hands now? WIth Chelsea losing?

Seeing as Cheslea and Leicester have to play each other, we'll catch one of them if we win our last four games (tall order, I know).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Augeo wrote: »
    I imagine we have been under-priced throughout the year in the vast majority of our PL games.

That said, there's no way we should be considered favs away at OT.

Our first 11 is significantly weaker than our ideal first 11 due to injuries.

Even Kabak being out now is a killer, Playing Williams or Fabinho back there weakens us considerably. I think we are just the perfect team for Utd to exploit, they will be licking their chops no doubt, definitely are favs in my eyes, maybe I should lump on them at those prices huh?

Am I right in thinking it's back in our own hands now? WIth Chelsea losing? ............

No, not quite

We can finish on 69 points.

If Leicester finish higher than that they have to beat or draw with Chelsea.

If Chelsea draw with Leicester they can only achieve 68 points.

If Chelsea win both their remaining games they finish on 70 points but Leicester can then finish on 69 points.

But we'd likely finish ahead of Leicester on GD then. We have to improve ours by at least 4 to win 4 games.......... unless Leicester give Spurs a nice beating we should finish above them if they lose to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gotta love the end of season maths :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Even Kabak being out now is a killer, Playing Williams or Fabinho back there weakens us considerably. I think we are just the perfect team for Utd to exploit, they will be licking their chops no doubt, definitely are favs in my eyes, maybe I should lump on them at those prices huh?

Is Billy Koumetio back from injury? Maybe start him instead of Williams.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is Billy Koumetio back from injury? Maybe start him instead of Williams.

He played last night for the u18s. And by the sounds of things, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory either. He seems to be very rash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Augeo wrote: »
    No, not quite

We can finish on 69 points.

If Leicester finish higher than that they have to beat or draw with Chelsea.

If Chelsea draw with Leicester they can only achieve 68 points.

If Chelsea win both their remaining games they finish on 70 points but Leicester can then finish on 69 points.

But we'd likely finish ahead of Leicester on GD then. We have to improve ours by at least 4 to win 4 games.......... unless Leicester give Spurs a nice beating we should finish above them if they lose to Chelsea.

Best option might be Leicester to beat Chelsea. That means the maximum points Chelsea can get is 67.

If Leicester and Chelsea draw them the max points that Leicester can get is 70 but will have Spurs in the last game which if they don't win they finish on 67/68 whereas Chelsea can get a max of 68 with a win at Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Am I right in thinking it's back in our own hands now? WIth Chelsea losing?

Seeing as Cheslea and Leicester have to play each other, we'll catch one of them if we win our last four games (tall order, I know).

All Liverpool can do is win their remaining 4 games and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Don't get this 'robbery' idea. A lot of people are comparing a would-be 4th place finish this season to last years PL winning run, in terms of performance. Apples and oranges. Instead, we should compare a 4th place finish this season to every other 4th place finisher from previous PL seasons.

If we get 4th place this year then we'd have deserved it, just like how every other slightly above average team that has finished 4th in every previous PL season has deserved it.

Yep. There's an annual amnesia that forgets the team who finished 4th were actually crap.

The odd time it's a mid table club who makes it means everyone thinks it's a super achievement.

When it's another super club other fans presume they're a big club, they must be good. Like how people viewed Lampards Chelsea last summer. They weren't.

When it's your own club everyone sees how crap their team was that season but forgets it as quickly as they can and tries to move on.

The race for 4th is the sporting version of a Japanese TV show slip and slide competition. Everyone's crap, let's see who can slide face first over the line.

Best option might be Leicester to beat Chelsea. That means the maximum points Chelsea can get is 67. ..........

Yup, that allows us to win 3 and draw 1 ......... unless Chelsea batter Villa we should finish ahead of them on GD after winning 3 games, their GD is 22 and ours is 18 currently...... if Leicester beat them theirs will be 21 at best with the Villa game to go.

I can't see Leicester beating them though.

The Leicester Chelsea game is on Tuesday, which is only 3 days after they play each other in the cup final.

There could be an element of revenge on the cards there too. If the cup final goes to ET, you'd think that that would mean that Chelsea's bigger and stronger squad would give them an advantage in the league game as they can rotate easily.

not mine but this is a handy indicator.

This assumes that all teams win all other games.

E1Qda8sWUAACC_M?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Best option might be Leicester to beat Chelsea. That means the maximum points Chelsea can get is 67.

If Leicester and Chelsea draw them the max points that Leicester can get is 70 but will have Spurs in the last game which if they don't win they finish on 67/68 whereas Chelsea can get a max of 68 with a win at Villa.

Spurs might well need the poitns for a Europa League place, so that could be interesting.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Burnley away could be a massive Banana peel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If this match gets called off and our United supporting friend's gift us 3 points because of their disregard in their club's ownership, that would be awful, we would never hear the end of how they "gave" us fourth...

In reality I totally back and sympathise with the United fans, we were in their position when H&G owned our club....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Vicxas wrote: »
    Burnley away could be a massive Banana peel

Chris Wood on fine form too... the type of big, physical striker known to punish us on occasions.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    If this match gets called off and our United supporting friend's gift us 3 points because of their disregard in their club's ownership, that would be awful, we would never hear the end of how they "gave" us fourth....

Or the alternative - Man United fans wanted to avoid the embarrassment of losing to 'worst champions ever' at home, and so tried to get the game called off, twice! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Performances don't really matter between now and end of season, all that matters are the results now. I'd take four dour 1-0 wins if it means getting into top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

No idea where the time has gone, but this was 15 years ago...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If this match gets called off and our United supporting friend's gift us 3 points because of their disregard in their club's ownership, that would be awful, we would never hear the end of how they "gave" us fourth...

In reality I totally back and sympathise with the United fans, we were in their position when H&G owned our club....

H&G didn't spend ,have utd not spent nearly as much as city on players in the last 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Is Trents Uncle still club secretary at United?

Dcully wrote: »
    H&G didn't spend ,have utd not spent nearly as much as city on players in the last 5 years?

This is true, H&G spent feck all, they probably have spent as much on City but I think our wage bill is now second or third from the top spenders...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This is true, H&G spent feck all, they probably have spent as much on City but I think our wage bill is now second or third from the top spenders...

Lets see what Liverpools wage bill will be when there is no big win bonus to pay out since past 2 seasons there have been a Champions League and Premier League win bonuses to pay out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kabak, Milner, Keita & Davies ruled out.

Mane, Phillips, Billy & Ox were not pictured or seen getting off the bus going into the hotel in Manchester however are expected to be available.

robwen wrote: »
    Is Trents Uncle still club secretary at United?

Seems he is according to this article, mad how far Trent has come since this was written, crazy in fact :

https://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool/story/3008300/trent-alexander-arnold-breaks-through-at-liverpool-despite-man-united-family-ties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Why oh why did we not beat Newcastle

Tonight's game could do with a classic James Milner opening tackle to get the players in the mood and to get the Man U players thinking of the Europa League Final.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Why oh why did we not beat Newcastle

1.68 ppg over 34 games, 9 losses and 9 draws.......... there's loads of why oh why moments to be fair.

Tonight's game could do with a classic James Milner opening tackle to get the players in the mood and to get the Man U players thinking of the Europa League Final.

And his loud voice for the first hour, especially with a rookie CB pairing.

And him making third man runs from midfield.

And then to be replaced by Jota on 60 mins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,021 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Really not looking forward to this match at all to be honest... with Kabak out, and Fab likely back at centreback, it means it'll be a midfield with none of Fabinho, Henderson, or Milner. That generally means very little tenacity or bite.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Really not looking forward to this match at all to be honest... with Kabak out, and Fab likely back at centreback, it means it'll be a midfield with none of Fabinho, Henderson, or Milner. That generally means very little tenacity or bite.

Milner might be out as well.

If Fab is dropped back I would go with

Thiago

Jones
    Gini

It could well come down to starting either Rhys Williams or Jota. There isn't exactly much other choice.

I'd prefer Fabinho in midfield tbh

Trent--Philips--Williams--Robbo
    --Thiago--Fabinho--Gini--
    Salah
    Firmino
    Mane

or

Trent--Philips--Fabinho--Robbo
    Thiago
    Gini
    Mane
    Firmino
    Jota
    Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

What’s wrong with Keita now?

Seeing it reported that Man U players arrived individually in their own cars at Old Trafford around lunch time that's a long time to be hanging around the stadium for a game at 8:15pm.

So I guess it's the Liverpool bus from the hotel to the stadium now that will be targeted if there is another protest to stop the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What’s wrong with Keita now?

Dave Beasant assaulted him with a jar of salad cream. He’ll be back in time for the Christmas fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i think Klopp has learned.

he'll try to rely on Fabinho in the centre to protect Phillips and Williams, and just let the cards fall as they may. If Rashford or Greenwood's pace, or Cavani's movement kills us, so be it. Klopp, IMO, will take a chance on Fabinho keeping Bruno quiet, and therefore stop the supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Maybe could've gone with an incognito coach instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

If anything else happens the team bus, Liverpool should just refuse to play and insist on getting the 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Takes a proper kind of scumbag to plan a blockade like that. Safety is obviously not there....again.

Looks like a failed attempt of a protest. Not much support this evening by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The bus isn't empty either given there's a driver who was stranded with cars surrounding him. Shocking behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

6 wrote: »
    Looks like a failed attempt of a protest. Not much support this evening by the looks of it
    looks busy enough

141ea0da-78f3-4b41-8710-7c7bd88db4bf.png
    "John wrote:
    The security is very tight outside the ground. I have seen police tactical units, dog vans and there are extra layers of security. But even sitting where I am I can hear a demonstration outside the East Stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Are the protests for Liverpool games only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

Fitz* wrote: »
    If anything else happens the team bus, Liverpool should just refuse to play and insist on getting the 3 points.

Liverpool fans are fond of an auld bus disruption themselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement