Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yep, Pep bottled that massively. Awful team selection. Love to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

E2lYIAnWQAIeu7A?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

City win league but end season in failure. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Citys forward line is like my sex life....no penetration up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Good result for us, Pep's and City's obsession to win the CL next season might mean they take their eye off the ball in the league. Chelsea will of course strengthen and this win will be a shot in the arm for them and will be serious contenders next season, but, City are the most likely team to finish above us next season so any knock back they get is good for us, the fact that Pep decided not to play a DM was a self inflicted wound which will eat him up inside, he is still a great manager, but, for some reason in the CL he continually makes strange team selections which have a negative impact on his team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Bluemoon will be delightful reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Bluemoon will be delightful reading

Calling for Peps head already , money changes you is the most accurate statement ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

In all fairness Pep is good loser, he shows a massive amount of respect to the winner.

I like him:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Those City players should spend less time singing about their rivals losing European cup finals now, and innocent people being seriously assaulted.

Delighted to see some of those same players in tears tonight. Oil money can’t buy class, and it turns out it can’t win a Champions League final either.

Now, off to Blue Moon for the evening’s entertainment! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Crap lift, but in fairness, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Not a patch on Hendo though

lfc-champions-henderson-european-TLO3uEaFDbd58RUpIl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

I genuinely feel sorry for Aguero there, the only city player still on the pitch. What an amazing player, would have loved to see him in our squad.

I’m still glad they didn’t win though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Somethings you just can't buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That has to be a big mental blow with ramifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

It has been a nice week of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Even with the win Chelsea still have some flaws. Their attack isn't supported well from the midfield and defence. Their defence is a strength but isn't rock solid, thiago getting older too. Whatever about jorginhos style of play I'm not convinced of his leadership skills in a key leadership position.

animated-number-image-0200.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I remember a certain base who made up a song about an opposition's player getting injured in the CL final, losing the final and then celebrated it.

So wrong and I guess that's what they call karma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

doc_17 wrote: »
    There will still be people posting that Pep is a better manager than Klopp. Those people will still be out there. Beware.

Yep there was one poster in particular praising him to the hilt all season,no doubt there won't be a peep out of him now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Somethings you just can't buy.

For everything else, there’s...

2Y2N8ik.jpg

• Advertisement

Glad we got in Konate when we did, now that City have lost the CL final I think Pep will be given another blank cheque to buy whoever he likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Glad we got in Konate when we did, now that City have lost the CL final I think Pep will be given another blank cheque to buy whoever he likes.

Another 200m on defenders incoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Crazy decision from Pep not starting a Fernandinho or Rodri. He really does overthink the champions league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

ebbsy wrote: »
    Citys forward line is like my sex life....no penetration up front.

And letting them in at the other end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

sideswipe wrote: »
    And letting them in at the other end?

Real men aren't afraid of pegging.

Crazy decision from Pep not starting a Fernandinho or Rodri. He really does overthink the champions league

At what point does he lose the benefit of the doubt?
    I keep seeing this "over-thinking it" excuse being trotted out as if he's some sort of mastermind genius who cannot help himself. But no one ever seems to point out the far more likely option that he's just pretty good, no smarter or dumber than anyone else and is prone to stupid mistakes when it matters most. I don't think he's all that different to Rogers, except he has deeper pockets wherever he goes.
    It's such a shame our defensive frailties and impotence up front came at the wrong point of the season as I think we'd have had number 7 had we been able to navigate past Madrid.

Gbear wrote: »
    Real men aren't afraid of pegging.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761183782ea6cbb632f77597fb03ca051767cca11367&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's a tough choice but I'd prefer City over Chelsea myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pre season starts July 12th for those not on international duty.

I really hope everyone not from the UK can leave to get home to their families and get some proper R&R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's best not to overthink these things :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Lovren never misses an opportunity ...

https://twitter.com/Dejan06Lovren/status/1398778546634604545

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

It's such a shame our defensive frailties and impotence up front came at the wrong point of the season as I think we'd have had number 7 had we been able to navigate past Madrid.

Not overthinking it but playing keita was more the issue there I think. We were only not on it for a quarter of the two ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Augeo wrote: »
    Not overthinking it but playing keita was more the issue there I think. We were only not on it for a quarter of the two ties.

That's not overthinking it at all. We're seen subsequently how limited Real are when they played Chelsea.

Its a big black mark against Klopp. At best, we know Keita takes a while to get up to match speed after being out, at worst he's just net up to it. He should never in a million years have been selected to start that game, and it was obvious before the game started.

The other black mark against Klopp was his determination to sacrifice midfield Fab, sometimes Hendo, for more experience at CB. While.histpry has shown this to have been the wrong decision, there were arguments for and against at the time.

But all managers make mistakes. Look at Pep last night. If we needed any indication of how utterly awesome Klopp is, which we shouldn't, our finish to the prem is all the evidence we need. We were dead and buried, and he got the team to keep playing. With a bit of luck thrown in, sure!

• Advertisement

Automated offside decisions at Anfield next season ...

Liverpool to be 1 of 4 clubs to test automated offside technology
    Liverpool will be one of four clubs used to test automated offside technology in the Premier League next season, with a hope it will be in place formally from 2023.

Since the introduction of VAR, offsides have been increasingly contentious across the Premier League, with the tiresome use of arbitrary lines confusing and angering fans.

There have been goals ruled out for toes, hands and armpits being ‘offside’, which has detracted from the point of VAR, which is to aid referees in making decisions.

However, Hawk-Eye – the company responsible for goalline technology – is pioneering a new automated offside system, similar to that used to detect if a ball has crossed the line or not.

According to the Times, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and Man United have all committed to under-the-radar trials of the technology at their grounds next season.

Trials have already taken place at one Premier League stadium this year, but this will be expanded to include the four biggest clubs in England.

The technology was also used at the Club World Cup in Qatar back in February, with FIFA described as “very impressed” with the results, which are “only 0.5 seconds behind live play.”

FIFA hope to use automated offside technology at the World Cup in 2022, while the Premier League are looking to implement it in time for the 2023/24 campaign.

The Times‘ Martyn Ziegler explains: “Automated offside systems use camera and computer technology to track players’ movements as well as the ball, and insiders say it should be more accurate than the VAR offsides.”

Hawk-Eye’s technology is “entirely computerised and immediate,” with the Premier League set to decide between the use of “fully automated or semi-automated” technology.

If semi-automated, these decisions would still be referred to VAR, rather than directly to the officials on the pitch.

Provided the technology works – and ideally, flawlessly – it would be a major boost to football in England, with offside decisions at present bordering on farcical.

Technology can certainly aid the sport, but the manner in which it is used still depends on those in charge of its implementation, and the current system has highlighted a number of flaws in this respect.

So if there is a toe offside does that mean the goal will still be chalked off ??

If it is then then can keep it.

So if there is a toe offside does that mean the goal will still be chalked off ??

How about a toe plus a millimetre?

You have to draw the line (literally) somewhere. As long as its consistent it would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How about a toe plus a millimetre?

You have to draw the line (literally) somewhere. As long as its consistent it would be great.

At least this

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I think the dutch model is the best. The width of the lines drawn up are far wider, and if they overlap, they just rule in favour of the forwards. Very simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I can get behind anything that puts David Coote out of a job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

nazmoalex wrote: »
    I think the dutch model is the best. The width of the lines drawn up are far wider, and if they overlap, they just rule in favour of the forwards. Very simple.

That’s interesting. So for a CL match, which VAR set of rules/lines get used ? The host teams version (Dutch in your example) or has UEFA got its own rules ?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Damien360 wrote: »
    That’s interesting. So for a CL match, which VAR set of rules/lines get used ? The host teams version (Dutch in your example) or has UEFA got its own rules ?

The Dutch went rouge, I read about it last year. I'm not sure if they are still allowed to use it going forward. It just makes sense.
    To answer your question, uefa rules still applied for the European games as far as I know.

I think the point of it is that the decisions will be consistent rather than dependent on the ability of an individual to draw a line on a screen and interpret it without bias.

Poor example. You can score with a toe so technically it is offside.
    A finger or elbow would be a different matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Very happy that City failed to win the cup last night. Chelsea was very much the lesser of two evils.

Chelsea gonna be a huge threat next season, excellent squad and manager. Very envious of them having Havertz and James who were immense last night.

Poor example. You can score with a toe so technically it is offside.
    A finger or elbow would be a different matter.

And what about your todger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

How have we managed to come out of this season in such good spirits? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Why do you want to talk about his todger? Weird.

What's Mach's Todger got to do with anything. Get a grip... on second thoughts. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement