Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

3-3 Knew it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This team is toast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ffs

And an eighty five million man on the bench

Christ. Only thing more annoying about this Liverpool team today are the streams. Both terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Why in the world would u bring Elliott on to play in front of a struggling Trent

WTF is Klopp thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We've let in 3, but could've let in 7.

Alisson our best player when conceding 3 is an indictment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Knew we would end up chasing a win with a few minutes to go yet again. We are so porous at the back. Van Dijk needs dropping too. He has been a shadow of his former self this season.

Gotta have the slowest most unathletic midfield in the PL. Hendo's legs have gone, Thiago great player but can't run and even a younger Fabinho looks like he's pulling a trailer behind him this season. So easy to play through them. Plus, Trent seems to be in the middle of some kind of nervous breakdown. Add it all up and it's not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Why didn't we buy trossard and not that donkey nunez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

As bad as Trent is at the moment, our shape was ok for their goal, it's just an awful effort from VVD.

• Advertisement

We're just a flaky team now.

It's stale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

89th minute.

And now Chelsea get a late winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It doesn't bode well that Nunez was the last man we looked to when chasing a result at home.

Can't begrudge Brighton this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

There really isn't even a pattern to our play. It's lethargic. Add to that the decline in VVD. Its going to be a tough season and I'm struggling to see how we can challenge as these performances aren't getting any better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

We're in bother.

Hard to see evidence that this team will even get CL football. They look fairly broken at the moment. Especially defensively we look absolutely hopeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It doesn't matter what anyone else does if we can't win our own games. Hell, we struggle to even draw them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Brightom deserved their draw. We did well to take the lead after being 2 down. Midfield was ponderously slow.

When is Salah due back from AFCON?

• Advertisement

Brighton fans signing

'' you're a s h it Andy Carroll '' to Nunez

😑

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Challenge? Good one. Tbf I don't think we'd be challenging if we were at our usual best cos of Haaland.

As things are, you'd be grateful of fourth.

Elliott and (a now very aged) Milner when you are trying to see out a game is another strange one.

Well done Diaz, Allison and Bobby though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭ratracer

Pure Muck folks!! And I can’t see where a change is going to come from at the moment! Just dreadful all over the pitch, Matip the only half decent defender today.

Klopp's subs this season have generally made things worse rather than better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Just an observation..

When not playing great and 3-2 up would you not change the formation to see the game out. Have a look at the equaliser..poxy from VVD but the space for Brighton to attack us was huge all across our half. It's crazy stuff

From a logic point of view we nearly always score, so why not keep defense tight, block of 4 with 2 ahead, and simply wait for someone to score. All very Jose though

Where to from here?

Even the most optimistic and all knowing posters must be losing confidence in this team competing with the front runners. It’s not just that we aren’t winning matches, it’s the breakdown of all sections of the team.

Klopps lost the plot

Why in the world would u make the right hand side more fragile makes no sense

I'd bite your hand off right now for 4th and just hope that FSG come to the realisation that they need to spend big next Summer on a rebuild and not just spend what the club makes in player sales. I'd have little confidence in either happening at the moment.

• Advertisement

Just not good enough. And it hasn't been for too long.

This team has been absolutely fúcked by not reinforcing that midfield. Henderson's cliff fall continues. And all we have is Milner to cover him.

The fact is that staleness is setting in. Players are past it, and not being replaced. Others are playing poorly, but can't be kicked up the arse as we've no options.

Nunez needing time, or not being up to it (whichever it is) is compromising the attack because the balance is going when we don't have 2 legit threats in behind.

It's a bit of a mess, and I don't see a way out.

And Arsenal and City are next, amongst CL games.

Klopp's in-game management needs calling out though.

He's not great at it. And that needless Milner sub on will live long in the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Would not be shocked if Arsenal put up a cricket score next week.

Midfield was where we killed teams and allowed a platform for our forwards & full backs

As you point Out its a mess, and Milner, Ox, Jones, Henderson, Naby all can't cut it for various reasons

Fabhino is also, starting to be a big worry he's looks awful,

We have no legs in there it's a massive problem

We may not get champions league next season

Yes, Fabinho has gotten an easy ride ... mainly because of Henderson's form, Elliott not offering any protection, and the rest being injured.

But he's slower than I've ever seen him.

Some getting on Salah. He's one of those I don't actually have an issue with. With the balance wrong, he's had to adapt a bit, and still looks dangerous when put in the right areas.

Only Bobby, Ali and Diaz deserve more leniency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just gotta dig in now andake sure of top 4, au out the Champions League as far as it goes. Top 4 ain't assured, so we gotta look to maximise the points available and not go mad chasing City because the league is gone.

Really shoddy performance again - pi55 poor start, manic until 2-2,a fluky lead goal and then a few dumb changes for the sake of it and another shoddy goal conceded.

Defensively all over the place from minute one - we gotta be pragmatic and just close the game down when it goes 3-2,but we have zero control over games due to our poor midfield set up, and it cost us again.

Gonna be a short season.

• Advertisement

So FAR Wards first transfer window has made zero impact Nunez, Ramsey, Carvalho, Arthur for various reasons have had no impact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Where do we start,firstly konate needs to come in for virgil who's been absolutely awful all season and is now making harry maguire look like Franco barasi.

Trent needs to either be dropped or moved to midfield ahead of Henderson,trent spends most of his time daydreaming and walking around midfield anyway

Why in gods name is our 80 million pound striker only coming on with 4 minutes to go

Please please please stop bringing on James milner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

At 3pm I was thinking of cheering on United tomorrow so they can reel back City, now I'm cheering on City.

Top 4 the target now. Something needs to change drastically, any or all of: players being dropped, Klopp changing style, performances suddenly rising.

Also need FSG to pull a Diaz style rabbit out of a hat in early Jan, i.e. someone around 23/24 preferably with CL experience that can go straight into midfield. Then more reinforcements in summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Bellingham, Caicedo and Barella would be a dream. Ideally one in January

All too late though,everything fsg does is always too late,this team and squad was never built on after winning the league too bloody late now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Would like to try this team:

Ali

Gomez Matip Konate Robbo

Thiago Fabinho Elliott

Jota Firmino Diaz

Salah, Trent and VVD need benching, particularly Trent. He can defend but attitude doesn't look good out there.

Also would like to see if switching Elliott to the left would help the balance of the team (although maybe he and Klopp are adverse to that for some reason).

Anyone expecting Klopp to change tactics to something more conservative is going to be disappointed.

He'll just expect better performances.

He might tweak a few things, but it'll still all be about risk/reward. That midfield needs to produce a distinct improvement from somewhere.

If not, watching this team all season will kill me.

7 games in, and Nunez has literally only played minutes for us still. He needs to start, funny how he's getting the blame for everything, but hasn't played at all.

Bobby done well today

His second goal was a throw back to his best goal scoring days

I actually want him to start so he gets a fair go at things

But u can see the problem Klopp has how do u put him in and lose more control of game when currently we are leaking so many goals,.

I honestly think 3 CB 2 wing backs and what ever variation u in front of that is the best way to get Nunez into the team,

Can't believe his stat line this season, considering the state of the team.

He can still cost us with some of the slowness and sloppiness that has crept in over the last 18 months, but you can't replicate his understanding of that role, and what he can still do for Salah.

Post edited by SlickRic on

Same. If we're not in the running for the PL, which looks fairly obviously the case this season, then I hope City win it by 20 points. It'll start to expose the nonsense of the league finally, without Liverpool making a fist of being their only real challengers for the past 5 years.

As for tomorrow, yes, we need Utd to drop points as they're our competition for top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Klopp won't change tactics, we saw this at the start of 2021 when we lost those 6 home games in a row, stubbornly stuck to the same tactics despite players playing out of position. I had hoped the unexpected break would see an improvement, but, nothing's really changed.

Trent needs to be dropped, I think that alone would make a huge difference to our defense, he has totally abandoned his RB duties and is just looking for glory further forward which he's not even doing now. I think Klopp has indulged him too much, to the point he thinks he's undropable which he seems to be, no other player in the team would get away with his consistently poor performances of late. We also have no real alternative in the squad, another sign that Klopp doesn't see himself picking anyone other than Trent at RB; Milner is past it, Ramsay injured and unproven at this level, the only real alternative is Gomez whose confidence is probably at rock bottom after the Napoli game. I'd drop Trent and go with Gomez for a few games, I think he would at least stay in the RB position and close off all that space for the opposition.

Our midfield is also a massive problem, but, not much we can do there, it needed to be reinforced in the summer ( really in summer 2021), but, inexplicably wasn't, we're seeing what a huge mistake that was. Klopp is also making strange team selections and substitutions which are compounding our problems.

We need to limit our losses until the WC, stay in contention for top 4 and hopefully in the new year our form picks up.

I do wonder without changing shape or tactics could Klopp just try play our most dynamically athletic team,

Because we look dreadfully slow

Gomez, Konate, VVD, Robbo

Who in midfield?

Salah Nunez Diaz

I think we should go 442

Gomez matip konate tsimikas

Trent fab thiago Diaz

Salah darwin

Would like to see it but klopp won't change from 433 unfortunately

• Advertisement
Advertisement