Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Not looking forward to the game at all. I think we are in for a hiding. Arsenal are in flying form and we are shocking. After the game, it will be the weekly analysis of TAA for the goals and I’m praying Milner doesn’t get a game. I haven’t been this cynical in years watching Liverpool. It’s not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

First goal is massive,

We HAVE to score first, we have barley done that at all this season & it will give us a huge confidence boost & because its Arsenal at the same time they will think here we go again in the big games ,

We need to start well & be aggressive & in there face ,

For once I'm confident , I'm also predicting Xhaka gets sent off ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Isn't that the whole point though the other big teams aren't missing numerous starting players constantly like we are. No one is denying these injuries affect performance on the pitch but we seem particularly "unlucky" in this regard.

There's a number of reasons

1: The effects of so many games last season

2: the most obvious we don't not replace lads who get injured constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Liverpool have been too good the last few years for that to immediately evaporate. We only have to look to last season, a few months ago, to see that.

I absolutely agree with everyone on here about a midfield refresh, along with a few personnel needing to take a look at themselves. I still feel this is a formidable team. Maybe I'll have egg on my face after saying it, but i don't fear Arsenal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

I hate to include luck as a factor in the modern days of sports science and analysis. Most of the injuries seem to be muscle or tissue related. It's not like they are being sustained as a result of a bad tackle in a game. It is worrying though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

Football's a funny old game, let's see where we are at 7pm next Sunday. Hopefully things can click and we can get 3 points today. It is more hope than anything, so many excuses and false dawns so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Laimar who we looked at signing tore his knee ligament a month ago and is out till the end of January at the very least so even been linked to Liverpool now makes players injury prone it seems.

On top of Laimar other midfield free agents next summer include Tielmans, Aouar, Dahoud, Gundogan, Luiz & Lemar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Seen a stat there recently, Liverpool have conceded first in 9 of their last 11 Premier League games!! That's a bit mental...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Crazy signing in the first place.

Bringing in someone to bolster numbers in an injury hit midfield, who himself wasn't fit and ready to hit the ground running, was nuts. The fact he even looked unfit when he came in should have sent alarm bells ringing IMHO, and now here we are 2 months on and he's out for 2 to 3 months, which knowing our record will soon change to 4 to 6 months.

Stupid decision, you make your own luck. We had plenty of talented midfielders with patchy fitness and injury histories, without bringing in another one. A robust, hard working pro with a good injury record and ready to hit the ground running was what was required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Expectations he could leave on a free transfer, really would love him to stay as a backup tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

anyone else not at all toooo fussed at how things are? tbh,im glad of the mental break of watching us knowing we basically need to win every game to stand a chance of winning league.. its draining as a fan, 5 years of it ..the flip side is,can we get back to it next season.. think the gunners wup us today,they owe us a few hidings.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Summitatem

Not letting keita leave was baffling....weren't we offered money for him also iirc ?

The poor chap has proven himself incapable of stringing a run together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Leona Harper, 14

A victim of the Donegal explosion.

R.I.P Kiddo

Y.N.W.A

I gave up on Naby after the Palace 0:7 game which was 19th Dec 2020, he played well that day possibly MOTM, then got injured yet again right after. He had been given more than enough chances at that point, should definitely have been moved on summer 21 at the latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Maybe it's age, work and family commitments, the drama of being a Mayo fun and plenty more; but since we won the league I've been able to not get 'too' worked up over all the onfield happenings at Anfield. Granted there have been a great couple of years so didn't have too much to give out about, but I can deal with this malaise in a way I wouldn't have been able if we hadn't won the league.

Plus, City are just a ridiculous juggernaut of a well-drilled financially doped team. They'll still flop in Europe (I f*cking hope).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I understand it, but the punditry around this game is highly disrespectful to us.

More people saying we'll be hammered than saying we even have a chance.

I've a sneaky feeling we'll do them today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Team, 442/4231.

I guess Thiago was at training after all just a bit camera shy!

I'm worried about midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Going as far as ex Villian gabby agbonlahor say Klopp will be sacked 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Tbh I'm happy that Fabinho is not starting. He's been very poor this year and deserved to be dropped.

Bobby can feel abit hard done by as he has scored goals, but his overall play is actually pretty bad. It's like the reverse of what he used to be doing a few years ago when he played great but didn't score.

Overall I'm happy with that team. It's rare! 😅

I have a sneaky feeling too. Kinda think we will click today, but I've been saying that since after the Fulham game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Tis usually the hope that kills ya

Same again, 5 in midfield, or 2, depending on your mindset. Hopefully a positive outcome

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Brutal.

Ye 2 in midfield won't work

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

We concede first, as expected.

That was unforgivable from all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Must say that looked offside but who knows any more. Either way yet again we concede an early goal.

Klopps a moron,

2 in midfield means no cover for full backs our biggest weaknesses, It's school boy tactics

• Advertisement

Lads it's actually comical. 3 on 1 v Trent. 1 minute on the clock.

Like wtf are they at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Dear God usual sloppy start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Wretched start again. Let's hope our forwards are up to it today as the defence is brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Concede from first shot on target again....

Diaz can't foul for toffee but did what needed to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

What's going on lads,this is more then a blip

• Advertisement

Its not Trents fault,

He's constantly left on his own, Playing 2 in midfield means he has zero chance of help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

This is going to be a long afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Haven't lost faith in Klopp or anything as extreme as that but starting to worry he doesn't know (or isn't willing to be pragmatic) how to fix this without a few signings.

That looks innocuous, but even being caught on that counter off the corner was beyond poor, and Diaz is now on a yellow.

Surely be to God you try and be compact to start. But we left 3 v 1 on Trent. Like it's not even a system failure. The system is broken

We're goosed now. Sub keepers always have immense games against us. No chance we score today!

Phew, Turner not on yet

• Advertisement

I'm still confident, that goal was a glitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It is regularly Trent's fault. Just not this time.

We're constantly one pass away from death.

• Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It is absolutely insane that a low pass across the box reaches a free man at the back post.

Incredible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement