Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

.G. wrote: »

Lucky our new share holders own a club in France that we might be able to use and loan young players to while waiting for them to turn 18 and for them to get regular game time to build up sufficient requirements for a UK work permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I had no dog in the fight for the Champions league the other night & I thought I didn't care about it but my god it was not nice watching another English team lift it ,

Nothing against Chelsea it was just thinking that should be our lads ,

I hope the squad feel the same and it drives them on , We have such a good team only one Champions league would be shame,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I had no dog in the fight for the Champions league the other night & I thought I didn't care about it but my god it was not nice watching another English team lift it ,

Nothing against Chelsea it was just thinking that should be our lads ,

I hope the squad feel the same and it drives them on , We have such a good team only one Champions league would be shame,

was delighted chelsea and not city won it

pep will have to wait yet again

Under 21 Euro's start tonight Konate should start for France against Holland at 5:00pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Under 21 Euro's start tonight Konate should start for France against Holland at 5:00pm.

What channel(s) this tournament on?

What channel(s) this tournament on?

Sky Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

That would be a good relationship for Liverpool to develop. Sporting regularly qualify for European competitions and challenge in the domestic league but rarely win it.

I wonder if Pedro Goncalves factors into the possibility of offering a talented young player on loan to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I thought the work permit wasn't an issue due to Ghana winning the U20 AFCON and him winning player of the tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Doff wrote: »
    I thought the work permit wasn't an issue due to Ghana winning the U20 AFCON and him winning player of the tournament?

It isnt but we cant bring him into the country until he is 18 apparently

• Advertisement

Doff wrote: »
    The UK introduced a points system for foreign players to qualify for work permits post-Brexit. He needs to be over 18 and playing in one of the top 5 European leagues to automatically qualify for a work permit.

New Work Permit Requirements For Players Moving To English Clubs Post-Brexit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Aren't they different issues - the work permit which is at FA/Westminster level, and his being Under 18 which is a FIFA rule?
    Because of his age I'm not sure how Liverpool could buy him, even if they intend to loan him.
    Like wasn't buying sproglings from another continent what got Barcelona their transfer ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

It isnt but we cant bring him into the country until he is 18 apparently

sure they all look way older than 18 lol

what about that thirty odd year old teenager in italy lol

can't remember his name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Auror is playing as well. Maybe we can get Konate to have a word.

Aren't they different issues - the work permit which is at FA/Westminster level, and his being Under 18 which is a FIFA rule?
    Because of his age I'm not sure how Liverpool could buy him, even if they intend to loan him.
    Like wasn't buying sproglings from another continent what got Barcelona their transfer ban?
    In England players can sign professional contracts at the age of 17, so Liverpool are entitled to sign the player. What isn't clear is how they get him transferred to Europe before he turns 18. There may be some creative thinking involved - I remember reading that FC Midtjylland signed a few African youngsters on amateur contracts by arranging some sort of school exchange programme.

Barcelona got into trouble for signing 15 year olds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Talisman wrote: »
    In England players can sign professional contracts at the age of 17, so Liverpool are entitled to sign the player. What isn't clear is how they get him transferred to Europe before he turns 18. There may be some creative thinking involved - I remember reading that FC Midtjylland signed a few African youngsters on amateur contracts by arranging some sort of school exchange programme.

Barcelona got into trouble for signing 15 year olds.

I don't see how the English rules that you reference matters at all. The FIFA rules obviously supersede them.
    Barcelona were done for signing Under 18s from outside the permitted area - whether they were 15 years old or 17 and three quarters isn't a factor.

There are 3 get-arounds
    a) if it's an inter-EU/EEA transfer, which doesn't apply to English teams post Brexit
    b) that the player lives 100km from the border which isn't true here, he lives in Ghana
    c) that his parents and family have moved to the same country for reason unrelated to the transfer.

I'd hate to think the club are going to try something sneaky with (c) which ends up being so transparent that it leads to a transfer ban.

Game live on YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Auror is playing as well. Maybe we can get Konate to have a word.

Lets see if he produces some magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Game live on YouTube

Just went looking at some of the group stage results for the different teams - Italy U21s have had 5 red cards in their last 3 games - at least one in each. Firey bunch it seems! Their match against Portugal later might be interesting. Few big enough names on each side (despite the Italians missing Milan's Tonali because of one of the above reds).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Aouar butchering breaks and missing a bucketload of chances.

He'd fit right in at Liverpool.

Gbear wrote: »
    Aouar butchering breaks and missing a bucketload of chances.

He'd fit right in at Liverpool.

That header a minute ago especially - had the game wrapped up if he just kept it down. Some ball into him for it though.

Cost them too - Netherlands take the lead in the last minute!

Upamecano caught way up the field as the Dutch broke well.

Early holiday for Konate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

What was that defensive line for the last-minute goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,203 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/1399415551093620738?s=19

Trent getting the summer off as well

paulie21 wrote: »

Most damning of Southgate is that he was named Right Back in the European Team of the Season twice.

For the U-21s, the Spain Croatia game is going to extra time now;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxCruzXbSXU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Disappointed for him on a personal level but if it spurs him on like it did the last few months of the season then it can only be a benefit for us.

paulie21 wrote: »

Trent getting the summer off as well

Surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Gutted for Trent tbh, if we put our own selfishness aside then it must be a crushing blow for the lad, never mind the fact that it's absolutely idiotic from Southgate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

he'll be lauded as a genius if they win it, tbh they only have to get to the semi finals to be heralded as a success

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'll stick with being selfish and having Trent get a break for the summer after 3 intense seasons and catching Covid.

At 22 he still has at least 4 to 6 major international tournaments to get selected for.

• Advertisement

Delighted.

Good news for LFC.

Liverpool's champions league winning legend Igor Biscan is manager of the Croatian Under 21's that lost to Spain in extra time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I almost feel like Southgate is relieved Liverpool had a poor season, as it means he has an excuse to not bring the world class player that he has no idea how to actually fit into his crap system.

He's the absolute scrapings of the barrel when it comes to managers. I'd take Chris Coleman over him.

Knex* wrote: »
    I almost feel like Southgate is relieved Liverpool had a poor season, as it means he has an excuse to not bring the world class player that he has no idea how to actually fit into his crap system.

He's the absolute scrapings of the barrel when it comes to managers. I'd take Chris Coleman over him.

True, Southgate the weakest link in their collective by far.

They've a potentially tournament winning squad, but just like the last world cup we'll see them opt for a solid structure, blunt athleticism, and playing for set pieces, despite the talent to do so much more.

Another mad reason to leave out a lad with a brilliant dead ball and cross.
    Like, even if he really did want to just go with the 3 pace-up-the-line merchants, it'd still make sense to bring Trent as a wildcard for any game where that singular style doesn't seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    True, Southampton the weakest link in their collective by far.

They've a potentially tournament winning squad, but just like the last world cup we'll see them opt for a solid structure, blunt athleticism, and playing for set pieces, despite the talent to do so much more.

Another mad reason to leave out a lad with a brilliant dead ball and cross.
    Like, even if he really did want to just go with the 3 pace-up-the-line merchants, it'd still make sense to bring Trent as a wildcard for any game where that singular style doesn't seem to be working.

Why are Southampton the weakest link?

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Why are Southampton the weakest link?

ha! edited! *Southgate.
    my fingers autotyping after the first few letters I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Whatever way you look at it, it's simply absurd for TAA not to be part of the squad.

I'll be more delighted than usual when England **** their pants at another finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

In a 26 man squad, how can TAA miss out, I'd struggle to name 26 English players! There's hardly that many playing in the first teams of all the PL put together, yet they're happy to leave out one of their best players, absolute madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Liverpool's champions league winning legend Igor Biscan is manager of the Croatian Under 21's that lost to Spain in extra time.

Yep the Croatia team that gave Curtis Jones a summer vacation. Great team, great manager! :pac:

• Advertisement

Trent is the closest English player that would get into a world XI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Walker, Tripper, James all do the same thing
    Surely you bring one of them and the wildcard of Trent?

I love how Chelsea win the game on Saturday and all of a sudden Kante deserves the Ballon Dor and James is the best right back England have, Hes no where near Trent

Walker, Tripper, James all do the same thing
    Surely you bring one of them and the wildcard of Trent?

I love how Chelsea win the game on Saturday and all of a sudden Kante deserves the Ballon Dor and James is the best right back England have, Hes no where near Trent

James is good at what he does in fairness, and very handy as both fullback or wingback, since they play both 4 and 3 at the back.

I'd be bringing Walker, James, and Trent. Trippier is a decent player, but he doesn't offer anything that isn't already covered by the above... runs up the wing with less athleticism than the other two of that type, and while a good final ball is his 'thing' it's still not as good as Trents. It's not like Trent is a slouch either! And surely you want him getting as much tournament experience as possible for the long haul, while Tripper is 30 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Rapinha and Daka the latest rumours. Id take them with Tielemans / Aouar and one other

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

At the end of the day if Trent isn't picked he gets the summer off and hits the ground running when the prem kicks back off.

Plus England have less of a chance of winning without Trent so there's that too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

James is good at what he does in fairness, and very handy as both fullback or wingback, since they play both 4 and 3 at the back.

I'd be bringing Walker, James, and Trent. Trippier is a decent player, but he doesn't offer anything that isn't already covered by the above... runs up the wing with less athleticism than the other two of that type, and while a good final ball is his 'thing' it's still not as good as Trents. It's not like Trent is a slouch either! And surely you want him getting as much tournament experience as possible for the long haul, while Tripper is 30 now.
    Once Trent doesn't have his confidence dented by not getting picked, I'm personally delighted he's not going.

England have injured several players in recent years, I mean several Liverpool players have been badly injured on England duty in recent years. They seem to have no regard for Liverpool players for some reason, that acting the bollix with Gomez last year by Sterling was a case in point.

Fvck Ingerland, take the summer off Trent, and show them next season who their 4th best right back is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Trent should just tell himself that Klopp sees him as undroppable, while Southgate doesn't think he's even the 3rd best English RB.

Of those two managers, I know whose opinion I'd value.

Just went looking at some of the group stage results for the different teams - Italy U21s have had 5 red cards in their last 3 games - at least one in each. Firey bunch it seems! Their match against Portugal later might be interesting. Few big enough names on each side (despite the Italians missing Milan's Tonali because of one of the above reds).

This Italy Portugal match is into extra time, and sure enough Italy have just had a man sent off. That's 6 sendings-off in 4 games. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

I guess I'm a lone voice here but for me TAA can have no complaints about getting dropped. Bar a few good games in recent weeks, he's been pretty sh*te this season.

All the others are much better defensively and that's probably what England needs more than anything. If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on Reece James claiming the RB spot in the tournament - his all round game is immense.

• Advertisement

Shanee. wrote: »
    Rapinha and Daka the latest rumours. Id take them with Tielemans / Aouar and one other

Daka is going to be a very good striker but he's probably going to Leipzig.

You could do worse than adding Elliot, Daka, Jota and Raphina as replacements/backup's for Mane, Salah & Bobby.

Advertisement