Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Head is wrecked watching this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Milner is still such an important presence in this team.

4 minutes come on redmen concentrate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Trent not reacting when he had the opportunity to nick it off Antonio almost cost us their. His rate of liability increases continuously. It seems he gets worse with scrutiny (defensively)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Very smart by Elliot there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Another 3 points on the board made it bit harder than it should of been but got there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Odd one... pretty dominant overall, well deserved the win, and yet could easily have dropped points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Chelsea drop points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Des he start Trent against Forest?

Can you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Only 4 points off Chelsea and 3 to United.

Win the game in hand and we're 4 points off Spurs.

For the terrible start we have had we are still on the coat tails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Ugly win. Could easily have scored 2 or 3 more, could easily have conceded 1. The triple substitutions was strange so early in the game.

Really good win, we should have scored a couple more, but we also could have conceded a couple.

Damn, Rice is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just happy with the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,116 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Important to follow up the win against City by winning again.

That's all that matters and I'll say no more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Well that was ropey asf but feck it, we'll take it.

Two games on the trot now without going behind first, two clean sheets in a row and all importantly 6 points from 6.

• Advertisement

I'm assuming it's to keep players fresh as they are needed again Saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Got away with that 2nd half.

Move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

His confidence is through the floor, he's not trusting himself in any aspect of his game and it shows.

Forest are poor enough so do you play him and help him build some confidence or just rest him and give Ramsey his first game against an "easier" opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

They were panicking those last 15 minutes.

Everything backwards. Inviting pressure West Ham didn't earn.

There's still a psychological issue there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

That performance reminded me a lot of the wins last season. We weren't hectic but could have scored 3...move onto Saturday now, job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Actually a United win here is prob best #cognitivedissonance

Just got to keep getting points on the table. The WC will be a blessing for us..oh and Trent really needs time out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Thought Hendo was much more like himself today too, played really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Henderson was MOTM for me. Drove the team on and never stopped barking orders at the other players.

Nunez was very good as well. Great lift now for him with the winner tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Win move on to Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I was thinking the same, a UTD win and that Chelsea draw is good for us in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,844 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Great win

Thought Carvalho struggled first half but Jones was worse when he came on

Great for Nunez to get the winner

We move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Jones and Fabinho stank the place out hendo best game in a while great three points roll on forest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Love a dirty win. What's the story with Fabinho form? Fallen off a cliff, he looks miles off the pace. Positionally didn't seem as central as usual today, maybe thats a factor. But a little worrying as he's often the solid base that we fire our press from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The subs made us weaker, sometimes having 5 subs is too tempting for Klopp, and he bangs on 3 at a time. We were very controlling until the subs.

But a win is a win, and a clean sheet to boot. Now stick 47 past Nottingham Forest and suddenly everything is okay in the world.

Not to beat Forest would be comical, and a step back.They have conceded 23 in 11 games😅

Plus United face Chelsea, and Spurs play Newcastle at the weekend, teams above us, they can't all win, ground to be made if we do our job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Just seen a highlights package on Bein Sports... no sign of the fantastic take on the chest by Nunez and volley which the keeper tipped over. I mean, seriously, why not? Is that not worth watching as a football fan? Or is it better to pretend that Nunez isn't doing much when he plays other than a goal or two?

Klopp said Nunez felt his hamstring at half time, and that's why he came off early. Which is a worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lineker on MOTD had a perfect chance to ask the Man City pundit about Klopp’s statement and the Man City fans chants and City’s off the record briefing of the media on Klopp

But no why do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I think 5 subs is making lots of games less cohesive and is reducing the amount of exciting endings in games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Alisson kept us in the game tonight, he was unbelievable, even without the save, he was well on it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Second game in a row I’ve missed and the exact same result. I’m conflicted because I’d love to actually watch us play, as I always have, but I also love winning.

Delighted to see Nunez is doing well. Once he gets his confidence up and stops shooting straight at the keeper so often, he’s going to be scoring for fun. He’s a level below Haaland in terms of technique and athleticism, but he’s every bit as good positionally. Not in the least bit worried anymore that he’ll be a flop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Im worried about his intelligence. He seems unaware of when to play it to a teammate.

I also hope he can be a bit more measured when ascertaining when to shoot first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

If we pick up another injury it start becoming totally unbelievable. Thought he took some great shots today and we were less potent when he went off. He needs a run of games and minor injury again is last thing we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Who was the pundit? Micah Richards? Why would you trust him to answer anything except laugh and make himself into a bantz meme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I thought Jon Champion and Ally McCoist madness good points about him, they mentioned he’s undoubtedly raw but the media seem to be focusing on what he can’t/isn’t doing and not mentioning at he can/is doing. Would have loved if one of the volleys went in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn’t believe a word out of him however it would be good to see him do his propaganda on national TV and look the fool trying to defence City instead of behind a paywall on Sky.

Crikey, not many would expect Micah to weigh in on this, if it was him who was the pundit, he would be absolutely right to avoid any mention of it. To give him credit, he is intelligent enough to understand that considering his association with MC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭jones

What's the consensus on Jones? I'd love him to be good enough but I really don't think he is. Maybe I'm being harsh but he's never kicked on IMO.

Great week so far just need to finish it off Saturday now and we're well back in the mix for top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

6/10 performance, but an important result. Should have been out of sight at the break, but nervy enough by the end.

Great as said to see Darwin scoring an important goal. Between West Ham pushing on and probably too many changes, very disjointed finish. But these games are for winning, and it was won. We move on to Saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Almost 22, I think we've seen enough to form an opinion he'll never be good enough. I'd of liked to seen him get a premier League loan but we were so thin in midfield it wasn't possible.

Elliott is 19 and streets ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was baffled why he came off early and didn't look pissed off but that explains it. Really good last night, you can see he's raw but has all the attributes to be an incredible striker. Absolute no worries about him, he's strong, quick, well able for the league, excellent movement and really surprised at his work rate for a big man.

His best game, he has bought into the Klopp philosophy, he looked very fit, harried defenders constantly and defended in his own penalty box when needed,

All round, a very encouraging showing and looking more like the player we all thought we were buying.

Id have to agree with you , He's so so bad off the ball its farcical ,

A very though last 30 minutes ,

The major problem was the lack of pace we had in the team at stage, basically Salah the only player outside of the defence who had any pace,

Jota & Diaz Injured & Nunez still not up to a full 90 minutes in the Prem we could really struggle late on the next few games,

We need to get ourselves ahead early ,

I'd have throw Robbo on LW instead of Jones just for some pace

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Not a very impressive performance last night, certainly nothing in to suggest that we are on our way back to our best. Poor enough game in general but at least there was some element of control even if things didn't really click. It wasn't as manic as our games have been recently obviously helped by scoring instead of conceding first! Still an extremely very nervy last 10 mins where you expected us to concede but we didn't so has to go down as a good win!

I was impressed with Nunez's movement and speed, definitely improving the whole time. Hopefully his link up play and finishing will improve also. If it does we will have a fine player on our hands.

Last night proved to me why Joe Gomez will always be 4th choice. A very good 4th choice and needed considering our injuries but 4th choice nonetheless. He has too many mistakes in him. He didn't have a bad game as such but it was an absolutely unforgivable mistake for the penalty. If my my daughters U12 team did, I would be disgusted. I'm just amazed the ref had to use VAR to give it. He was never going to win the ball and Bowen was going no where. Matip and Konate dont make that rash mistake.

TAA seemed to be more focused defensively and played a but deeper which did affect our attacking potency (I know, he cant win!!) but there were still a couple of occasions where you are thinking What the **** did he just do there and not in a good way.

It was a big 10mins from Milner. I thought he was excellent when he came on. What a block to deny a certain goal

• Advertisement
Advertisement