Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mo's problem is he is judged by his first ever season in the Premier League which as I understand it was in 2017. Probably the biggest reason we were able to defeat the greatest financially constructed team of all time.

Listening to a couple of pods and the English journo’s are crediting Southgate with TAAs return to form by dropping hour from the England games earlier in the season saying that was the kick in the ass TAA needed.

Building Southgate up for the inevitable knockdown post tournament when England get shown up. Rinse and Repeat. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Mo's problem is he is judged by his first ever season in the Premier League which as I understand it was in 2017. Probably the biggest reason we were able to defeat the greatest financially constructed team of all time.

That's true his first ever season in the Premier League he scored 2 goals and could barley get games and never looked like would be a player of the season contender.

The two friendly games that were to take place with Man U before next season kicked off are not going ahead now due to security concerns.

No US or Asia pre season tour.

The clubs hopes it will be able to have a European base camp for some of pre season.

Saul Niguez, Florian Neuhaus and Jonathan Ikone are the players linked today after Daka and Raphinha yesterday.

Yep, victim of his own high standards.

22 goals and 5 assists is deemed a poor season.

Even though he was getting regular game time, Salah struggled to score. In the dressing room after matches he would sometimes be in tears because of this, and Radwan says it only motivated him to become better

I had check wiki to ensure it was 2017 when he joined us and found this. He's so driven he's borderline demented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

how foden got in ahead of mo is staggering,but then,mo hasnt been nominated for 3 years

It's farcical. Phil "30 minutes a game" Foden generally comes on when the opposition are out on their feet after an hour of hardcore defending to score a few tap ins while unmarked because the opposition are focusing on triple marking De Bruyne, Mahrez etc whereas Mo is harried every second he's on the pitch and almost single handedly carried us to the top 4.
    Foden isn't even in the top 6 at his own club, nevermind the entire league.

Kelleher to be offered a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭KevRossi

TitianGerm wrote: »

5. Mo Salah
    4. Mo Salah
    3. Mo Salah
    2. Mo Salah
    1...... Allliiiiiissssoooonnnnnn!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That POTY list is mad.

Foden is class, I can see it, we can all see it. It is scary what he might become. But was he consistently brilliant this season? More than Son? More than Salah? Certainly not on the numbers.

Gundagen had a fine goalscoring run but that felt like more of a purple patch.

Ikanacho should be on there going by the way it's been worked imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It looks like Nat Philips has a new girlfriend. Her dad is a famous Mancunian of the britpop era, who is very vocal online in his dislike of Liverpool FC.

Really hope he has this picture this picture all over the place to remind Mr Gallagher.

0_Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Liverpool-UEFA-Champions-League-Final.jpg

TAA starts for England tonight.

I saw Neco Williams got sent off for Wales. Then I saw he started in midfield and thought "lovely, a good cruncher."

Not quite...

https://twitter.com/FootballJOE/status/1400176141353295878

Robbo with an assist for Scotland.

Neco Williams sent off for Wales.

and just to continue the Liverpool connection Mbappe scored for France

Liam Gallagher's daughter is courting Big Nat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Trent limping. Imagine after all the back and forth "will he , wont he" nonsense. hes out through injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Trent off injured for England. Looked like a muscle injury of some type.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Trent had a real disappointed and worried look on his face. He could well be out.

I swear to God Liverpool are running some insurance scam on the England squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Presume they can make changes to the squad up to a certain date? Is it up till the first game?

Suppose we'll know if its serious or not if a change is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Presume they can make changes to the squad up to a certain date? Is it up till the first game?

Suppose we'll know if its serious or not if a change is made.

Yep they can make injury change right up to the day before.
    If it not meant to be it's not meant to be for Trent. Put the feet up now over the summer take it easy and come back flying next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Trent looked disappointed there. He wanted to prove everyone wrong. He had started to, by forcing Southgate to change his mind on his inclusion in the squad. But he probably wanted to be a starter for the tournament too, so really prove everyone wrong.

Hamstring injury?
    4 weeks injury, 4 weeks rest, 3 weeks pre-season?

Thigh injury he is off for a scan now they should know in the next 24 hours how bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Trent off injured for England. Looked like a muscle injury of some type.

Fvckin England!!

How many times.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Curse of England strikes again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Talk earlier in the week of England having four RB's but Trent possibly not getting selected.

England play a meaningless friendly tonight and Trent picks up an injury after playing nearly 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Talk earlier in the week of England having four RB's but Trent possibly not getting selected.

England play a meaningless friendly tonight and Trent picks up an injury after playing nearly 90 minutes.

Two were involved in the champions League final and the other played LB. Tonight's game was a poorly timed match for many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fvckin England!!

How many times.....
    Vicxas wrote: »
    Curse of England strikes again

Just be thankful it happened now and not two or three months ago...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just seeing the latest on Trent now. I have said it before and will say it again.
    International soccer can rot. It is a pointless waste of time and serves no purpose but to injure our players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Just seeing the latest on Trent now. I have said it before and will say it again.
    International soccer can rot. It is a pointless waste of time and serves no purpose but to injure our players.

Tbh, the failed effort of the super league has actually (strangely) lifted my interest in the forthcoming Euros. I haven't been looking forward to an international tournament as much in some time.

I hate them as well which is easy given the state of our own national side but it is an honour for players and most of them want to play. What I'm really against is how they force some of them when they don't want to, like Matip.
    The pointless friendlies can feck off completely however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

happened in the 90th minute, he was clearly tired. Reached out with left leg swinger to move a ball up the line and he hyperextended. A fresh player would have been able to position standing leg in a more stable position. Looked to me like a groin injury which of course we know can be very serious. Given how late it was in the game it might just be a fatigue/cramp, but I would say more likely is he is after popping something in his groin

main point is, that he should not have been on the pitch at that time.

I would say southgate was furious with austria in general they were late into tackles alot.

BTW Bellingham looks like an unreal talent - 17!!!!! Haven't seen a player of that age perform at that level before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

willabur wrote: »
    BTW Bellingham looks like an unreal talent - 17!!!!! Haven't seen a player of that age perform at that level before

Looks to be a big fan of Gerrard and Liverpool too.

brevity wrote: »
    Looks to be a big fan of Gerrard and Liverpool too.

so was de bruyne, as much as a player likes a club or a player at a club they really have little say in where they end up as a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

willabur wrote: »
    so was de bruyne, as much as a player likes a club or a player at a club they really have little say in where they end up as a player

Oh definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I hate them as well which is easy given the state of our own national side but it is an honour for players and most of them want to play. What I'm really against is how they force some of them when they don't want to, like Matip.
    The pointless friendlies can feck off completely however.

I still can't believe Matip was suspended for a month for us because he didn't want to play for Cameroon anymore.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Looks like Adrian will stay another year with Kelleher to go on loan next season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9646203/Liverpool-goalkeeper-Adrian-ready-extend-stay-year-Alisson.html

I thought Southgate was England manager and Kane was England captain.

Yet it was Hendo that presented Bellingham with his England jersey.
    "It was obviously a dream come true to start for England. Hopefully many more to come."

Bellingham also thanked Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson for presenting him with his number eight shirt ahead of the Austria game.

"Again, it was a dream come true, especially to get it from Hendo, who has been such a big part of the team," added the midfielder.

"I'm very thankful to him and the team for making it an enjoyable one, and we got the win."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jude-bellingham-england-jordan-henderson-20732033

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Bellingham to Pool? :pac:

Of this group of English players Bellingham will turn out to be the best for me.

He would be a hell of a signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

We should be all over Bellingham

We should be all over Bellingham

We used to say the same about Delli Ali, Dortmund seems to be a great club for young players to mature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Of this group of English players Bellingham will turn out to be the best for me.

He would be a hell of a signing.

Down to a year left on his contract after this coming season too, so could actually be affordable in a years time (expensive, but affordable). That’s exactly when we’ll need to refresh the midfield too, with Hendo going to be 32 for the following season and Thiago 31 - perfect time to integrate a younger lad with a year or two of overlap.

I’d be happy enough to hold off on midfield this year if it made it easier to get him next year. Couldn’t be more fitting too; “Hey Jude...”

I’d worry Utd might sell Pogba after the Euros and replace him with Bellingham this summer though.

Dav010 wrote: »
    We used to say the same about Delli Ali, Dortmund seems to be a great club for young players to mature.

We had Deli if we wanted him, but just messed it up. Major oversight at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Down to a year left on his contract after this coming season too, so could actually be affordable in a years time (expensive, but affordable). That’s exactly when we’ll need to refresh the midfield too, with Hendo going to be 32 for the following season and Thiago 31 - perfect time to integrate a younger lad with a year or two of overlap.

I’d be happy enough to hold off on midfield this year if it made it easier to get him next year. Couldn’t be more fitting too; “Hey Jude...”

I’d worry Utd might sell Pogba after the Euros and replace him with Bellingham this summer though.

We had Deli if we wanted him, but just messed it up. Major oversight at the time.

If he continues to progress over the next year as he has done over the past year, we won't be able to afford him, especially if he has a good Euros. City, Chelsea and United ( probably Madrid, Barca, Bayern & PSG too) are likely to be in for him too, so hard to see how we will get him, unless he really wants to come to us and turns the others down.

• Advertisement

Saw this on facebook and well, we all love some net spend chat :pac:

Premier League top 12 net spends since 2016:
    Man City - £561m
    Man Utd - £498m
    Arsenal - £309m
    Chelsea - £262m
    Everton - £256m
    Aston Villa - £254m
    Wolves - £214m
    Spurs - £204m
    Brighton - £201m
    West Ham - £171m
    LFC - £120m

Got me thinking though, surely we must have had the ability to spend more than that with all the TV cash & winning the PL and the CL?
    In January we were seemingly penniless.

Advertisement