Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gini signs for PSG 165k a week after tax.

No wonder he left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ox will be kept before Keita he has provided more to date but more importantly he's English and seems to be a really personality in the squad, I don't think Keita even speaks English yet

Of all the problems with Keita, language is well down the list I'd say. Plenty of our players learn English slowly, or never really learned at all. Bobby's English is no better really.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Of all the problems with Keita, language is well down the list I'd say. Plenty of our players learn English slowly, or never really learned at all. Bobby's English is no better really.

I had heard he never even made an effort or had any lesson, considering all the spare time he had being out of training and games its abit ****

Maybe being to harsh because of all the hype and the lad has been a big let down unfortunately for us and of course himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bobby’s English has come on a long way actually, I remember watching a video of him and Alisson doing some promo for the club and he was speaking at a very good level.

He’s probably wary of using it outside of club media in the same way Bielsa and many others are, with the British press only waiting to pounce on the slightest error in translation and make a story out of nothing.

Gini deserves everything he gets, great servant of the club, I think he will be missed. But, he has a family and limited career, so fair does, I’m happy to read that he has got a great deal in a less challenging league where his talent will shine for more years than it would in the ultra demanding premiership. I look forward to seeing him back at Anfield for PSG where I’m sure he will get a great reception. I really wouldn’t like to see him suffer the same ignominy as Coutinho with the revolving door of managers at Barca.

• Advertisement

Legend. Good luck to him.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9526c116d20c0ff3d2631bdd9af6cbc45bd0c5a65b2&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Beating the club crest and leaving for more money all in a few posts footballers eh :P

I have great admiration for Alex Ferguson, you don’t get prolonged success like he did without being brave and knowing when it was time to cut great players loose and renew. Shankly did it, Paisley did it, unfortutaley Kenny kept faith with big players too long without bringing in younger replacements, it cost the club dearly. Big decisions like the one with Gini will have to be made in the next 2-3 yrs, hopefully Klopp will be there to make them, and will have the courage to do it rather than just staying the course with the players he has then leaving. Time to spend big on two or three very good young players that are ready/close to ready for first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I had heard he never even made an effort or had any lesson, considering all the spare time he had being out of training and games its abit ****

Maybe being to harsh because of all the hype and the lad has been a big let down unfortunately for us and of course himself

Keita speaks English fine so you can stop beating him with that particular stick. Has done for over a year apparently. Wouldn't be surprised if he went or stayed this summer. There's definitely an excellent footballer in there if he can stay fit. He'll probably do an Ings if he gets a move - stay fit and have a great season.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/04/27/naby-keita-has-learnt-english-and-is-now-a-big-figure-in-the-dressing-room-the-athletic

Dcully wrote: »
    Beating the club crest and leaving for more money all in a few posts footballers eh :P

Can you blame him? He is 30, he only has a few years left and he wants to be paid what the market indicates he is worth. Not much point in signing the offer he got from Liverpool then looking for a big contract in two years time somewhere else. Clubs have little loyalty in moving players on when they deem them surplus to requirements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be fair 165k a week after tax would make him the highest paid player at Liverpool by a long way with the UK 45% tax rate on PL footballers.

Salah the highest paid player at the club on 200k gross after tax is on 110k

Gini would have been on 44k after tax at Liverpool so that a 121k a week pay rise is pretty impossible to turn down I would say.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Can you blame him? He is 30, he only has a few years left and he wants to be paid what the market indicates he is worth. Not much point in signing the offer he got from Liverpool then looking for a big contract in two years time somewhere else. Clubs have little loyalty in moving players on when they deem them surplus to requirements.

No i dont blame him at all id do the exact same if it was me.
    You have to admit that gif and then leaving for more money actually sums up most players thats my point.

No i dont blame him at all id do the exact same if it was me.
    You have to admit that gif and then leaving for more money actually sums up most players thats my point.

Doesn’t make him a bad man, employees leave for better pay all the time. He gave 5 yrs great service, time to move on with the gratitude of both club and fans me thinks.

Doesn’t make him a bad man, employees leave for better pay all the time. He gave 5 yrs great service, time to move on with the gratitude of both club and fans me thinks.

Where did i say he was a bad man lol?
    I think your reading what you want to read and not what im saying .
    For what its worth im sorry to see him go, massive player never injured always available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

dmigsy wrote: »
    Keita speaks English fine so you can stop beating him with that particular stick. Has done for over a year apparently. Wouldn't be surprised if he went or stayed this summer. There's definitely an excellent footballer in there if he can stay fit. He'll probably do an Ings if he gets a move - stay fit and have a great season.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/04/27/naby-keita-has-learnt-english-and-is-now-a-big-figure-in-the-dressing-room-the-athletic

Let him off, he's had enough chances with us, wouldn't care if he had a great season with someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

To be fair to Dcully he said "footballers".... not just Gini. It is kind of typical on the one hand. But on the other hand I think Gini was trying to get a deal done to stay for less money than he could get elsewhere, just more than he was currently on with us.
    I think the club were right to stick to the offer they made and not bend too far, and sure yeah we've lost a good player and an apparently likeable chap but he's got the blessing of most fans for the future so these things happen and we move on.

Where did i say he was a bad man lol?.

The inference that there is something wrong with players seeking better pay when the club they are with decide not to offer the going rate for his talent. It’s not being disloyal, the player can be commited to, and love the club, until he feels he is no longer appreciated. Then, quite rightly, pragmatism kicks in.

That pragmatic approach applies to all players, when their time comes, clubs will have little loyalty when telling them their time is up.

NewRed2 wrote: »
    To be fair to Dcully he said "footballers".... not just Gini. It is kind of typical on the one hand. But on the other hand I think Gini was trying to get a deal done to stay for less money than he could get elsewhere, just more than he was currently on with us.
    I think the club were right to stick to the offer they made and not bend too far, and sure yeah we've lost a good player and an apparently likeable chap but he's got the blessing of most fans for the future so these things happen and we move on.

Couldnt have said it better.
    We will miss him thats for sure but we will move on, good luck to him and looking forward to beating PSG in the CL next year :P

The inference that there is something wrong with players seeking better pay when the club they are with decide not to offer the going rate for his talent. It’s not being disloyal, the player can be commited to, and love the club, until he feels he is no longer appreciated. Then, quite rightly, pragmatism kicks in.

Whatever :rolleyes: like i said you read what you want.
    Your taking this all way too serious man :) i was having a laugh nothing more nothing less.
    Ill leave you to it so.

New leaked 3rd kit

E3Ry3eCXMAEtlFw?format=jpg&name=360x360
    E3Ry3eHXMAMHAQ4?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's missing the Crown Paints logo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Those yellow kits remind me of 2 heartbreaking FA Cup semi final defeats against Man Utd (when the FA Cup mattered). Never took to the yellow since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"Yeah, I like the new yellow kit designs but does anyone else think we should incorporate a fast food restaurant look in to the collar and cuffs?"

"Guys?guys? Oh, they've all gone. Ah I'll just go ahead and do it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

"Yeah, I like the new yellow kit designs but does anyone else think we should incorporate a fast food restaurant look in to the collar and cuffs?"

"Guys?guys? Oh, they've all gone. Ah I'll just go ahead and do it"

Would have been nice in this style maybe

justice-banner-made-by-survivor-peter-carney.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

3 year deal of 165k a week after tax for a player turning 31 is something we just couldn't do in good conscience. As great as he's been for us, that is the sort of money we could only truly afford to drop on someone who was going to be the most important player at the club.

I am just glad he went to PSG instead of Barca, think it'll be better for him.

3 year deal of 165k a week after tax for a player turning 31 is something we just couldn't do in good conscience. As great as he's been for us, that is the sort of money we could only truly afford to drop on someone who was going to be the most important player at the club.

I am just glad he went to PSG instead of Barca, think it'll be better for him.

True enough... the big Barca benefit was Koeman - but that's a short term benefit. Odds are, this time next year Koeman will be gone. Barca are entering their biggest transitional phase in 20 years, while PSG are coming to the peak of a project. I dislike both a lot to be honest (and PSG even more of the two), but for a lad of 30 PSG really does look the right call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fieldog wrote: »

Woud liked to have hung on to Shaq.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Lets be honest as good a player as Shaq can be he hasn't offered much in the 3 seasons he has been here he only 2495 minutes of football that's is less than 28 games in three seasons.

You want your 4th and 5th choice to be like Jota playing in 30 games a season either as a starter or offering enough to be brought on as a sub for more than 10 games a season.

They might be for sale, but we might not be able to sell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Lets be honest as good a player as Shaq can be he hasn't offered much in the 3 seasons he has been here he only 2495 minutes of football that's is less than 28 games in three seasons.

You want your 4th and 5th choice to be like Jota playing in 30 games a season either as a starter or offering enough to be brought on as a sub for more than 10 games a season.

shaqiri-mourinho.jpg

He'll be remembered for that at least :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

not that I don't have enough reasons to hate Mourinho but what's the story behind that? If it is something I really should know, my preference is not to be mocked!

Sky Germany reporting that Red Bull Germany are after Daka from Red Bull Austria.

Kelleher needs to get a loan now and play regularly week in week out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's missing the Crown Paints logo

Even without it, it's a fantastic looking kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hendo misses another peno for England, lovely chants from the crowd....

Oops

Edit It's a replay on sky :D

Fieldog wrote: »
    Hendo misses another peno for England, lovely chants from the crowd....

Oops

Edit It's a replay on sky :D

Goal Suarez!

£15m for Grujic and maybe a bit of a bidding war.

https://twitter.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1402523228669714437?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

£15m for Grujic and maybe a bit of a bidding war.

https://twitter.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1402523228669714437?s=21

Papers gossip columns linking us with Porto's Fabio Viera, midfielder who played for the U-21s in the final. Maybe could do some sort of deal there if the interest is true.

Lorenzo Pellegrini of Roma the latest CM linked as well.

Add them to the list of Neuhaus, Gravenberch, Aouar, Rodrigo De Paul, Malen, Pedro Goncalves, Tchouameni, Locatelli, Tielemans, Daka, Raphinha et al

Lets hope Wilson & Shaq have a good Euro's so they can add a few million to the transfer fees.

Pearce reporting 9 players are up for sale not loan pretty much the fringe players everyone expected.

Grujic, Wilson, Origi, Shaq who they expect to get about £15m each for.

Awoniyi valued at £8m

Then Karius, Ojo, Woodburn & Millar.

So may about £75m in total from fringe players.

Southampton are really interested in signing Minamino as well so maybe another £15m for him.

Pearce reporting 9 players are up for sale not loan pretty much the fringe players everyone expected.

Grujic, Wilson, Origi, Shaq who they expect to get about £15m each for.

Awoniyi valued at £8m

Then Karius, Ojo, Woodburn & Millar.

So may about £75m in total from fringe players.

Southampton are really interested in signing Minamino as well so maybe another £15m for him.

We will probably sell 2 of the above and the rest will be loaned,
    There's just no incentive for clubs to buy most the lads we are desperate to get rid off,

Wilson & Origi will be next to impossible to shift for fee's ,

No championship club can afford Wilson & he hasn't proved it at Prem level for a Prem club to spend on him ,

Origi is destined to see out his contract before going back to Belgium on a free, we missed the boat 2 years ago to sell him ,

Shaq will have bidders

We will probably sell 2 of the above and the rest will be loaned,
    There's just no incentive for clubs to buy most the lads we are desperate to get rid off,

Wilson & Origi will be next to impossible to shift for fee's ,

No championship club can afford Wilson & he hasn't proved it at Prem level for a Prem club to spend on him ,

Origi is destined to see out his contract before going back to Belgium on a free, we missed the boat 2 years ago to sell him ,

Shaq will have bidders

Wilson already has interest from a few clubs, including over to Stevie at Rangers.

I’d say there’s definitely a market for Origi at 15m too - a looooot of teams need forwards, and he’s better than he’s given credit for on here. As for missing the boat on selling him 2 years ago - he was completely out of contact 2 years ago after the CL final, so we wouldn’t have made a penny if not for giving him a new deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is Klopp interested in selling Taki? If he did I think it would be the quickest turnaround by him of both buying and selling a player.

While Taki didnt set Southampton alight I think he did enough to prove he is decent player and a good squad option. Maybe the club see it otherwise though.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is Klopp interested in selling Taki? If he did I think it would be the quickest turnaround by him of both buying and selling a player.

While Taki didnt set Southampton alight I think he did enough to prove he is decent player and a good squad option. Maybe the club see it otherwise though.

Depends on the money situation I guess, and whether Klopp sees Taki as only ever going to be a squad player... it would be a quick double-your-money transfer, which they may feel could be better used elsewhere.

I think he'll stay another year at least though, particularly with Shaqiri and likely Origi leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Depends on the money situation I guess, and whether Klopp sees Taki as only ever going to be a squad player... it would be a quick double-your-money transfer, which they may feel could be better used elsewhere.

I think he'll stay another year at least though, particularly with Shaqiri and likely Origi leaving.

While we'd make money on him we would'nt double our money, as his salary (reportedly 3.9 million) and agent fees need to be factored in too, I think he'll end up staying for this season and hopefully making a bigger contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wilson already has interest from a few clubs, including over to Stevie at Rangers.

I’d say there’s definitely a market for Origi at 15m too - a looooot of teams need forwards, and he’s better than he’s given credit for on here. As for missing the boat on selling him 2 years ago - he was completely out of contact 2 years ago after the CL final, so we wouldn’t have made a penny if not for giving him a new deal.

Origi for £15m is great value, lots of experience, only 26 and I'm absolutely convinced if a manager can trust in him and make him there starting forward he will flourish. He is wasting his career at Liverpool, he has shown too much in his time here to be sitting on a bench.

rob316 wrote: »
    Origi for £15m is great value, lots of experience, only 26 and I'm absolutely convinced if a manager can trust in him and make him there starting forward he will flourish. He is wasting his career at Liverpool, he has shown too much in his time here to be sitting on a bench.

Would be a brilliant buy for Brighton especially I think, would suit them down to the ground, and exactly what they need up front.

• Advertisement
Advertisement