Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,941 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It was posted in this thread by a good few Liverpool posters only a few weeks ago along with he hasn't got any football intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭giveitholly

And there was a video of him posted either here or on the general premier league thread of a cross that went wrong while he was in a training camp with Uruguay. Fellas mad to hope he would be a flop so they could say,I told you so

Liverpool fans?

Either they were taking the piss or clueless, or maybe not Liverpool fans at all.

Whatever the case they look a bit silly now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭Damien360

That video wasn’t in here but definitely in the general thread. For every one of those videos there is a counter video showing off skill. It happens for every player but instead of ignoring it, it triggered a few in here.

For the record, in my opinion, his first touch and pass can be poor in games I’ve watched but I didn’t see todays game. But boy does he make himself a handful for defenders in every game. Delighted he seems to have clicked, now on to the midfield conundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A minority have no patience and are spoiled by the success under klopp.

This guy is an absolute monster of a player. Finishing, work rate, pace and he still looks so raw. Finished article will be world class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ambani being linked as taking over now in an article by John Richardson in the Mirror. Eight richest man in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Sure who isn't, stop clicking the Clickbait, till something is reported with a basis.

• Advertisement

Liverpool are 9 pts short of this point last season, ie 14 games, we're also 15 goals short, and we've conceded 5 more

Say what you please, but we slaughtered Forrest and Leeds, and lost both games. You can't go to Forest and have 80% of the ball, 15 shots 11 corners, and lose the game. Leeds same story, except even more extreme, 70% possession, 22 shots, 14 corners

We needed to take a few more of our 150 plus chances in the games we've drawn or lost this season, as in all of those games we dominated, it's actually bonkers to create so much, and just not finish the chance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

But that's football. It happens.

City had around 75% possession, 10 corners v 1 today but somehow less shots on target and lost.

It does happen to other teams aswell.

Yea, but it rarely happens to City, they had a Liverpool day. But we've had only a handful of those days in the last 18 months, it's just they've all come together this season, it won't take much to correct it, with Nunez now firing I feel we'll do much better going forward.

Our defense is low on confidence, that free kick today that we conceded from, we set up a very high line, but didn't have the nerve to hold it, 4 Southampton players went before the ball was struck, we followed, again before ball was struck, and played them on, had we held the line they'd be way off. As Klopp says '' be brave'' hold the line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

That happens more when Gomez plays. That line holds better when Joel holds it Ibra too, I don't think the others trust Joe not to hesitate or be caught napping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭ratracer

Man it’s gonna be a long time before we play again!

I wouldn’t be a very political person, but I have little interest in the WC so far, perhaps it’ll change when it starts, but what an incredibly stupid idea stopping all the top leagues to accommodate this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I wasn't referring to just Liverpool fans. It was more a sweeping statement at everyone who was comparing him to Carroll and some were quite genuine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Talisman

Ignoring Romano, it has been speculated since July/August that there was an agreement in principle that Bellingham could leave Dortmund in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I'd be fairly pissed off if Arsenal come from nowhere to win the league this season, especially if they were to win it without breaking 90 points, considering how well we have played over the last 5 years or so and only have one league title to show for it. I had kinda accepted City romping away with the league and wasn't too bothered by that, but,if Arsenal or someone else win it now it would be very frustrating.

A respected Indian journalist now reporting about The Indian Billionaire in talks to buy the club.

• Advertisement

Ornstein saying without saying FSG won't sell to a Nation State and have already rejected interest from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah I was afraid of saying anything because it doesn’t seem to be a popular opinion, but Arsenal winning the league would be a much tougher pill to swallow than City doing it again. It’d be absolutely sickening for one bad season (excluding the COVID injury hit campaign) to coincide with City dropping off as well and letting a team like Arsenal waltz into a league title unopposed.

I’m hoping their usual collapse will still come later down the line. They’ve been very lucky so far with injuries but they have a lot of key players going to the World Cup and it just takes one or two of those picking up an injury for them to fall off a cliff. We’ve seen it all before.

City winning the league isn’t a great achievement nor is it out of the ordinary, so it doesn’t bother me much unless it’s us finishing a close second. From what I’ve seen of us with Ibou on the pitch this season, we still have the slimmest of chances of winning it out if he stays fit for the rest of the season. He’s like Virgil from 2018/19, we’re a different beast with him in the team and he’s stepped up in a big way since the latter stages of last season.

It’s just a 1% chance though, I’ll be delighted with top 4 and number 7 on the Champions League patch next September. I fully believe we can still win that if we sign a quality midfielder in January, because as poor as we’ve looked this season, we still have five or six of the very best players in the world, and at least three of those can only play better than they have already and I’m sure we’ll see that after the World Cup.

Whatever chance we had of winning the league died with those two defeats against Forest and Leeds, those two defeats and the one against United ( when they were in dire straits themselves) were absolutely shocking. I gave up on the league fairly early as I thought City would do their usual thing and get over 90 points ( which they still might, so when we had dropped so many points so early and were in such poor form it was hard to see us get anything above 75- 80 points, nowhere near enough to win the league, but, should be enough for top 4, which I've always felt we could get, although after the Leeds game I was starting to doubt even top 4, thankfully we got those last two wins which puts us in decent shape for top 4 at least. I'm hoping Arsenal blow up too tbh, not that I want City to win it, but, it wouldn't bother me as much

Post edited by Girly Gal on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Where is this Arthur Melo chap we loaned, had genuinely forgot about him until i heard him mentioned on a youtube video i just watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He got injured about a month after he joined, and will be out till after the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd rather Arsenal win the league tbh.

I'd be more concerned about Newcastle finishing in the top four.

He wasn't even fit to play when we signed him and then got injured. It was a pointless signing really, we needed someone who could come in and play straightaway due to all our midfield injuries, so what do we do, we go out and sign an injury prone player who wasn't going to be fit to play for a few weeks even if he didn't get injured. There were surely better options (players who were actually fit to play) to sign on loan at the time. Very strange signing.

Post edited by Girly Gal on

Yip, for me that is the big threat. Newcastle can outspend everyone, even City, they won’t attract top players until they qualify for the CL, once they do, there will be no budging them as they will just keep spending until they win. Them and City will take two of the four slots, leaving the other five to fight for the remaining two.

The top 8 in table have lost 25 games and conceded 127 goals between them, if anyone can find consistency Arsenal will be caught, as will Newcastle. Liverpool are the one club, with City, who can shoot off 10 straight wins, if we can we'll be right up there, this season is almost a full year long, ends next June, so so much time to find form

• Advertisement

I think Newcastle are almost certainties for top 4, they have been one of the most consistent teams over the calendar year and I think only us and City had a better second half of last season. Once they get top 4 they are going to stay there for the foreseeable future. Arsenal and City should get the other 2 places. The last place will be a fight between ourselves, Spurs, United and Chelsea. I think Chelsea are long shoots and Potter might not last much longer, I would hope Spurs will do their usual Spurs thing and shoot themselves in the foot, so could be between ourselves and United for the last CL spot; Would love to keep them from getting top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I mean, Arsenal themselves can obviously also rattle off results consistently - only dropped points in 2 games out of 14...

Yeah that's the worrying thing, Newcastle are in a great position with a limited squad imo and if they do manage to finish in the top four, they could be a real force in the next couple of seasons.

I actually don't think they will finish in the CL places as there are other clubs with far better squads and depth but I said similar about Leicester when they went onto winning the league.

They could strengthen a lot in January. Due to the way Ashley ran Newcastle over the past few years they can spend 600m and still be within FFP regs. Having said that, Howe seems to be a super manager and he may not want to damage morale in the current squad by bringing in big names on fat contracts.

Newcastle are now a team that can drop a club record €70m on Isak because Wilson was going to be out injured for a few weeks it has already become normal for them to spend big.

I can see them spending big in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Very happy with Nunez yesterday but way, way too early for some of the I told you so posts that he will yet turn out to be worthy of the club record fee likely.

Hang on now, there's a far cry from people claiming he was Andy Carroll reborn and actually justifying his fee. And he'll only be our record signing if he does meet all the criteria of the add ons which in themselves would mean he's been a success. He's currently cost the club €80m so VVD is still the record signing at the moment.

All the "he's useless" posts never mentioned him being useless in terms of his fee and that's the issue most sensible people had with these comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

9 wins in the last 12 games now for Liverpool. That's good.

If we can keep that sort of consistency now after the WC, then good things will happen. Cut out the silly losses and watch the other top 4 rivals beat each other.

Hang on, his fee mattered, of course it did - it was our entire transfer budget the summer our second most important player left. It will colour everything because we can't just try again at Xmas of he turned out to be a flop with that level of resources committed.

I said likely fee, I said it specifically to preempt the point you made.

I am not familiar with the criteria separating the base fee from the potential but they can be appearance based or more team based on the team than the individual tbf so I wouldn't say meeting the criteria means he was an £80m success automatically.

There were plenty of posts justifiably questioning his contributions and worth - only one IIRC made the Andy Carroll reference.

I'll be a bit more measured, slowly winning me over but a long way to go yet.

• Advertisement

As I watch the highlights again, I didn't realize the vital role Bobby played in both Nunez goals. He is having a tidy season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Salah does get rough justice at times in terms of decisions but there is no way that was a pen yesterday. Sure there have been some outrageous pen awards this season but as an incident by itself yesterday, no pen.

Are you saying Origi was only our second most important player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭ratracer

I for one am very happy with the the way the transformation from Andy Carroll to Luis Suarez is coming along……. ;) ;) Long May it continue! Roll on St Stephen’s Day and we go again!!

Looks like Ronaldo is done at utd, he attacks the club and manager in an Interview with Piers Morgan for that awful rag.

• Advertisement

I'm sure there'll be someone along shortly to defend him and say how it's all the clubs fault.

I had wondered today why he wasn't in the Utd squad, LiveScore app said he was out with an unknown sickness. I guess we know now. I've seen some of the quotes and there was just no need for them, slagging off Rooney and Ralph could've been left unsaid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Jeez that's some combo...

such an egotistical, self obsessed, narcissistic, vain and unlikeable individual

....and Ronaldo is a bit of an arsehole as well 😉

Ronaldo saying Liverpool showed him more empathy than United over the death of his son, that he didn't expect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Its actually ridiculous that he was ever called a diver, not just on here but by so called experts. Salah's biggest problem is he stays on his feet to much, he should be practising his diving more not less. Just look how KDB and Jesus dive but make it look believeable I guess and earn victories for their teams by doing so. But neither of them is Muslim so its fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement