Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

rob316 wrote: »
    Origi for £15m is great value, lots of experience, only 26 and I'm absolutely convinced if a manager can trust in him and make him there starting forward he will flourish. He is wasting his career at Liverpool, he has shown too much in his time here to be sitting on a bench.

Nobody is paying 15 million for Origi why would they ?
    Everyone knows we don't want him so they'll hold out till the end of the window and get him on loan and pay half his wages ,if it goes well then buy him for less next years

Plus the lad himself is not going to get the same wage as he does with us so no incentive for him to leave full time until that contract is up

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Origi at £15 million would be an absolute steal for the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves, Southampton, Brighton, maybe even Leicester (who are considering spending nearly 40million on Tammy Abraham, who isn't levels above Origi).

Hes not an impact sub, doesn't fit into our style at all really but has been ok despite that. Potential to be a consistent 15+ goals a season man.

Brighton would be a great move for him, they create chances but nobody to finish them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nobody is paying 15 million for Origi why would they ?
    Everyone knows we don't want him so they'll hold out till the end of the window and get him on loan and pay half his wages ,if it goes well then buy him for less next years

Plus the lad himself is not going to get the same wage as he does with us so no incentive for him to leave full time until that contract is up

Liverpool want him gone and there will be a deal to be made. £15m should be no problem considering some of the players we have sold for higher fees the last few years. He may want to move himself to get regular football.

Liverpool want him gone and there will be a deal to be made. £15m should be no problem considering some of the players we have sold for higher fees the last few years. He may want to move himself to get regular football.

Time will tell and i'll gladly hold my hands up if i'm wrong but i can't see him being sold for 15 million .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Woodburn will probably be the hardest to shift none of his loan deals worked out down the divisions the last two being in league 1 where he was send back early both times over the last 3 seasons.

Karius will get picked up for a million or two even as a back up keeper.

Ojo and Millar already have teams looking for them so couple of million for them combined.

As soon as Awoniyi got his work permit a number of teams came knocking on the door so I would say Liverpool will get the £8m for him and he was scoring goals in Germany before getting injured.

Wilson will have a host of teams in for him.

Shaq wil have plenty of European clubs in for him and he has shown he doesn't mind dropping a level as shown when he joined Stoke.

Origi will be a steal at £15m.

Time will tell and i'll gladly hold my hands up if i'm wrong but i can't see him being sold for 15 million .

He's an absolute steal at that price, you wouldn't get a half decent championship striker for near that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Woodburn will probably be the hardest to shift none of his loan deals worked out down the divisions the last two being in league 1 where he was send back early both times over the last 3 seasons.

Karius will get picked up for a million or two even as a back up keeper.

Ojo and Millar already have teams looking for them so couple of million for them combined.

As soon as Awoniyi got his work permit a number of teams came knocking on the door so I would say Liverpool will get the £8m for him and he was scoring goals in Germany before getting injured.

Wilson will have a host of teams in for him.

Shaq wil have plenty of European clubs in for him and he has shown he doesn't mind dropping a level as shown when he joined Stoke.

Origi will be a steal at £15m.

I kinda wish we'd just hang onto Karius as backup over Adrian at this stage, with Kelleher heading off out on loan to play regularly. Probably still too much bad blood from the support though, and would be a bad move for his career too, since he needs to start playing regularly again after spending most of last season on the bench. But from a purely LFC footballing perspective, he's about as good a level as you can expect from a backup and we already own him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Echo saying Liverpool have no intention of sending Caoimhin Kelleher out on loan & are looking to reward his ongoing progress with an improved contract.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-stance-caoimhin-kelleher-20774553.amp?__twitter_impression=true

robwen wrote: »
    Echo saying Liverpool have no intention of sending Caoimhin Kelleher out on loan & are looking to reward his ongoing progress with an improved contract.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-stance-caoimhin-kelleher-20774553.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Needs regular football. Hes a talented keeper but there is no chance he unseats Alisson. He'll get games through injury but that's it, unlucky for him his competition is so good.

• Advertisement

robwen wrote: »

Oh christ I hope not! Sign him up to a new contract obviously, but he really needs to be playing football now at this stage of his career. Being stuck in the reserves for another season probably costs him a starting Ireland spot too, since it's likely Bazunu will be out playing week in week out on loan again himself.

Interesting turnaround, as all the word coming out of the mouthpieces was that he was definitely getting sent out to play more this season.

The club going big on Hendo's testimonial year and rightly so the captain that brought the league back to Anfield after 30 years right up there with Hansen,Thompson, Souness & Hughes.

Are testimonial games still a thing?

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1402634259211358210?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I kinda wish we'd just hang onto Karius as backup over Adrian at this stage, with Kelleher heading off out on loan to play regularly. Probably still too much bad blood from the support though, and would be a bad move for his career too, since he needs to start playing regularly again after spending most of last season on the bench. But from a purely LFC footballing perspective, he's about as good a level as you can expect from a backup and we already own him.

If you love him let him free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Oh christ I hope not! Sign him up to a new contract obviously, but he really needs to be playing football now at this stage of his career. Being stuck in the reserves for another season probably costs him a starting Ireland spot too, since it's likely Bazunu will be out playing week in week out on loan again himself.

Interesting turnaround, as all the word coming out of the mouthpieces was that he was definitely getting sent out to play more this season.

Kelleher should demand a loan move, he'll stagnate sitting on the bench, bad move for both the player and the club if they don't let him go on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What's the most goals Origi has ever scored on a season?

noodler wrote: »
    What's the most goals Origi has ever scored on a season?

11, but he's been competing with a front 3 that is never injured, impossible to get any run of games really. He's not good enough for Liverpool but can be the leading striker for alot of prem clubs.

• Advertisement

11, but he's been competing with a front 3 that is never injured, impossible to get any run of games really. He's not good enough for Liverpool but can be the leading striker for alot of prem clubs.

We also just play in a way that doesn't suit him these days, but he's had a few very strong seasons - like in Klopp's first season for instance, when we played a very different style more suited to breaking with him as a proper CF, he had a goal every 133 minutes in the league.

He did really well in the CL winning season too, with a goal every 95 minutes in all comps.

The last 2 seasons have been rough for him, but in a team that actually uses him as a focal point he's better than a lot of forwards out there. When someone like Brewster costs 23 million during a pandemic, without a premier league goal to his name, Origi is a steal at 15. He just needs to be played as a striker. Would do well in Italy or Spain too I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Kelleher should demand a loan move, he'll stagnate sitting on the bench, bad move for both the player and the club if they don't let him go on loan

Absolutely.

Send him off to the continent as well, a different culture, and away from the English media to let him grow and make a mistake or 2.

A serious talent, but needs game time.

Alof of what ifs on the Origi stats imo.

Alof of what ifs on the Origi stats imo.

I'd say the main 'if' is, 'if' you play him up front he scores goals on a reasonably consistent basis. Not consistent enough for Liverpool, but enough for plenty of PL clubs that struggle with goals.

You look at Brighton, where their top scorer is Maupay with 8 goals in 36 games this year. That's a fairly terrible return for a team who actually attack quite well and create a lot of chances. I'd be confident that if you throw Div up top there he does better than 8.

I'd say the main 'if' is, 'if' you play him up front he scores goals on a reasonably consistent basis. Not consistent enough for Liverpool, but enough for plenty of PL clubs that struggle with goals.

You look at Brighton, where their top scorer is Maupay with 8 goals in 36 games this year. That's a fairly terrible return for a team who actually attack quite well and create a lot of chances. I'd be confident that if you throw Div up top there he does better than 8.

You have to look back five years to when he had his best scoring record of 11, hope he can extrapolate that out over a season and contribute more to a team than a potential impact sub goal when he starts.

All that after five years of limited gametime.

The last two years have been awful for his development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd say the problem with Origi could be down to his attitude. I remember how Milner summed him up in his book and I can only speculate that Jimmy might have been a bit generous to a current teammate.

https://twitter.com/OliverKay/status/1202350379545120771?s=19

I must admit that I find colleagues that aren't properly prepared for work very hard to deal with;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd say the problem with Origi could be down to his attitude. I remember how Milner summed him up in his book and I can only speculate that Jimmy might have been a bit generous to a current teammate.

I must admit that I find colleagues that aren't properly prepared for work very hard to deal with;)

He complimented him on his commitment and determination. I wouldn't think Milner would be generous for the sake of it, but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Planet Origi, love it.

That’d be a great name for Everton’s new stadium. :D

You have to look back five years to when he had his best scoring record of 11, hope he can extrapolate that out over a season and contribute more to a team than a potential impact sub goal when he starts.

All that after five years of limited gametime.

The last two years have been awful for his development.

I think it's unfair to look at it that way when we all know how little time he's been getting, and the competition for places he's had in that time. He was used a little more 5 years ago before Salah came - but since Salah came, we've very firmly used the same 3 guys week in week out if they're fit. To be honest we should be thankful to have had someone willing to be backup 'plan B' team player like that and not be a moan.

This season was obviously a disaster for him, the same as it was for everyone. But even just the season before he was getting better than a goal every 2 games in terms of his minutes played. And the season before that he was scoring a goal every game and a half for his minutes.

Give him time, give him chances, he'll score goals at a decent PL rate.

I think if there was anything actually questionable about his attitude, there's no way he'd still be at Liverpool under Klopp. Much less have been given a new contract in the middle of that period.

I've very little doubt he'll do grand wherever he goes, when played as a proper striker. Not Liverpool's level, probably not any top-half PL club's level, but anywhere below that line he'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

personally, I think if you find something in that excerpt that casts doubt over Origi's attitude, you have to be looking for it in the first place. (that's not a dig at you but I'm concerned enough to say that in case it's interpreted that way)
    It just paints a picture of a very chilled individual but also someone who is very "committed" and "determined"

I see Fenerbahce are interested in Tsimakas ,
    If we have any decent young lads who can fill in at left back i'd let him go ,
    No point i keeping a lad who never gets any game time , If we can get rid of guys like this for a good fee we 100% should

No point i keeping a lad who never gets any game time , If we can get rid of guys like this for a good fee we 100% should

Yep, if the money is right for everyone then go for it. No point running a guys career into the ground. Got to be another LB around that could be given a chance at subbing for Robertson.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Yep, if the money is right for everyone then go for it. No point running a guys career into the ground. Got to be another LB around that could be given a chance at subbing for Robertson.

Fener ain't going to pay the £12million we paid for him so I fail to see the logic in selling a guy for half price/loaning him somewhere and then having to go buying another back up.

This lad is an excellent player having seen him play numerous times in Holland for Willem II, was actually very excited when we signed him. And in the couple of times he played for Liverpool he has been decent also.

The lack of urgency to use him is perplexing to be honest, especially when Robertson could do with a rest, but I suspect we will see more of him next season having had a full year to get to grips with the system etc...

Or else he is at centre of power play between Edwards and Klopp, we always presume Klopp has final say, maybe Edwards sold signing this fella to Klopp (who took the advice), but Klopp definitively not using him is a message that maybe Edwards needs to work harder to find guys the manager likes and who fit the system seamlessly. You never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Larouci was retained for another year., think he's the only young LB there that is/was anywhere near the first team before.
    Wouldnt want to be relying on him and milner for LB if anything happened to robbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Fener ain't going to pay the £12million we paid for him so I fail to see the logic in selling a guy for half price/loaning him somewhere and then having to go buying another back up.

This lad is an excellent player having seen him play numerous times in Holland for Willem II, was actually very excited when we signed him. And in the couple of times he played for Liverpool he has been decent also.

The lack of urgency to use him is perplexing to be honest, especially when Robertson could do with a rest, but I suspect we will see more of him next season having had a full year to get to grips with the system etc...

Or else he is at centre of power play between Edwards and Klopp, we always presume Klopp has final say, maybe Edwards sold signing this fella to Klopp (who took the advice), but Klopp definitively not using him is a message that maybe Edwards needs to work harder to find guys the manager likes and who fit the system seamlessly. You never know.

Could be Klopp didn't want to add another new player in at LB when we were already swapping around on CBs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

When I watch Origi play I dont see him working his ass off, closing down, hunting, winning balls in the air or holding it up on the ground.

It seems to me that he doesn't try hard enough, put in enough effort. People say "that's not his game". I dont know what to make of that, its a poor reflection if trying as hard as possible is not ones game.

Reminds me a bit of Clyne (I think it was), operating on the same touch line as Klopp was standing. Klopp furiously shouting at him to get back into position or press or generally up his work rate, and Clyne not responding positively. He must drive coaches bananas. Except when he is winning us vital matches, obvs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah I thought he looked decent when he played the few times too. Has a quickness to him and is eager to get up and down the line and attack.

I think the big reason why he didn't play too much last season, apart from missing 20 odd games through injury himself, is because the defence was so unsettled with the CB injury crisis, he couldn't just be dropped into the team. The defence needed some sort of consistency and playing Robbo & Trent as the full backs offered that. Even with Alisson missing games too, that added another layer of unsettlement.

There's a big difference in playing Trent-Williams-Philips-Robbo and Trent-Williams-Philips-Tsmikas when so many players are unavailable or out of form.

I'd give him another season anyways, especially when he should play more often with the settled CBs. Greece are not going to the Euros, and Robbo is with Scotland, so Tsmikas may be needed at the start of the season at least to start the season and rotate every so often like it looked like he would have done around November/December time.

retalivity wrote: »
    Larouci was retained for another year., think he's the only young LB there that is/was anywhere near the first team before.
    Wouldnt want to be relying on him and milner for LB if anything happened to robbo.

That's interesting because If I remember right he made it clear last summer he wanted out and rejected new contract offers and Leeds & Brentford were really interested in signing him.

That's interesting because If I remember right he made it clear last summer he wanted out and rejected new contract offers and Leeds & Brentford were really interested in signing him.

Ye it was a bit of a head scratcher alright ,
    Maybe there was a certain transfers he was after that never game to fruition .

Yeah, I thought he looked promising too. To be honest it's the couple of games he started but was subbed off early that are concerning. Very unklopp like to do that to a player who needs his confidence boosted. Even if he has done it in the past he's usually played in a game soon after.

Well of course it would all be dependant on getting good money for him and if the manger doesn't want to use him as you mentioned that could have been because of the injuries at CB ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I thought he went to Wolves as part of the deal for Jota or was that someone else?

Already came to me that it wa Hoover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think we would be mad to get rid of him, I don't know how Robbo does it, I know Tsimikas won't unseat Robbo but he has been playing football nearly solidly for 3 year's now with little breaks, if he gets injured we could be screwed, I wouldn't get rid of him just yet as a more precautionary measure alone...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

When I watch Origi play I dont see him working his ass off, closing down, hunting, winning balls in the air or holding it up on the ground.

It seems to me that he doesn't try hard enough, put in enough effort. People say "that's not his game". I dont know what to make of that, its a poor reflection if trying as hard as possible is not ones game.

Reminds me a bit of Clyne (I think it was), operating on the same touch line as Klopp was standing. Klopp furiously shouting at him to get back into position or press or generally up his work rate, and Clyne not responding positively. He must drive coaches bananas. Except when he is winning us vital matches, obvs.

Origi can do all of the stuff you've outlined but the problem is that he needs a run of games before "memory" kicks in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

What a player

Only watched a couple of minutes of that so far but the amount of volleys and first time finishes in that amount of footage already is ridiculous. If there has ever been a purer striker of the ball than Gerrard, I haven't seen him play.

It's so fitting for Origi that he would have a scholarship named after him which is abbreviated to DOS. :D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    personally, I think if you find something in that excerpt that casts doubt over Origi's attitude, you have to be looking for it in the first place. (that's not a dig at you but I'm concerned enough to say that in case it's interpreted that way)
    It just paints a picture of a very chilled individual but also someone who is very "committed" and "determined"

He was never the same after he was assaulted by that Everton fella. At the time, all the staff at melwood felt he lost all confidence in himself and his play. Its a great mark of his character that he managed to force his way back in and be part of so many pivotal moments. I'll take the memory of that derby goal to my grave, rolling around the floor in disbelief, while my wife is standing over me shaking her head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

The second goal in the final...cracking finish and just about calmed any nerves.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I do watch all his goals from time to time. It's just belter after belter. I do miss having a guy who can smack in 30 yarders (although low percentage). I still think he was underrated despite all the praise he got.

Now for him to spill the beans he was hinting at about why he didn't sign a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Now for him to spill the beans he was hinting at about why he didn't sign a new contract.

any explanation other than 'money' is a lie.

Gini post euro's wearing an #FSGOUT handle on his twitter :D

Of course it's money, sure he left Barca in the mire for twice the cash, he has about 18 children so who could blame him ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement