Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,941 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Could easy be just most of the them a decade in the job thinking it's time to move on when an offer comes in that is a bit of a promotion they would not get at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'll believe the micromanagement stories when I hear Carol has left and Klopp is in the kitchen with the apron on making breakfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m intrigued to find out if a diet of Erdinger and currywurst can fuel a team to a league title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,846 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

To be fair he was 2 yards offside for the second but the feeling of scoring will be fantastic & add confidence

Reports in Italy from reliable sources that the club will sit down with Milan and representatives of Ismael Bennacer about a transfer.

Also that club are looking to sign three midfielders.

Bennacer, Fernandez and Bellingham the club would be looking at around £200m transfer layout over the next two windows that would forsure refresh the midfield.

TAA won't be playing for England for at least another two years now.

Wow France not starting Konate who has been there best defender this World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Barring an injury etc he is unlikely to come on so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I've decided to slightly favour the Argies since our man mountain isn't playing. Still not sure if I can be bothered to watch though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I have not been able to get excited for this World Cup. I don't think I will ever be able to for future World Cups. This has nothing to do with Qatar, I travel with Emirates and Etihad when I need to and I enjoy staying in Dubai for breaks. I think it has to do with FIFA. Having watched the Netflix documentary and just seeing the shameless corruption still going on and seeing Infantino and seeing how he is more authoritarian than Blatter was to stay in power just depresses me. This has meant I have not engaged in the World Cup as much as I would normally have.

Thank goodness Liverpool will depress me again next week. At least there is the glimmer of a better match the week after, not this 6 weeks of nothingness we have had with the World Cup. By the way, seeing the effects of climate change, I think we are going to have to get used to winter WC's, 40C is 40C, whether in the desert or Europe or the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Why is the pitch so shite?

For the showpiece of football as well, it looks like it pissed rain for the last week with the way the pitch is cut up.

Just saw a tall French player with some sublime skill at the edge of the box and thought, wow, Thuram is tall. Turns out it was Konate with some deft skill as he has come on for Varane. 3-3 now, having said I was not enthused, I am enjoying this match for the drama of it.

If the club can get Fernandez & Bellingham that would be impressive.

• Advertisement

Konate has had some 2022.

Winner of FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield.

Runner up in the Preimer League, Champions League and FIFA World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's been a great WC tbf to the organizers and topped off with a brilliant final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Exactly... the football has shone, but outside of that it doesn't seem there's been much craic or atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The lack of clear celebrations in the vast majority of the crowd when Mbappe does that to make it 2-2 tells you all you need to know

• Advertisement

I could be wrong but there seemed to be a huge Argentina following in the stadium, BBC commentators were remarking on it before the match started.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

If any player is going to miss a penalty in the world cup final, let it be the lad who turned down the chance to join Liverpool in the summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Yep, I certainly didn't shed a tear for him 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Talisman

Tchouameni was definitely off his game for the final. My son was screaming "DO A HARRY KANE" at each French player after Mbappe that stepped up. He had been supporting France for the game, but that all changed when he caught a glimpse of his idol Sergio Aguero in the stands shortly before the penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

When does Konate come back into the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I think they said all players get a week off. So I'd say you're looking at Brentford on the 2nd at best

If the others are fit I reckon the FA Cup match will be his first start

Reports coming out of Argentina that Liverpool will pay £80m for Fernandez and loan him back to Benfica till the end of the season.

River Plate will receive £20m of that £80m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not mad on that, don't see why we can't get him right away if we're paying that much money, never like these purchase and loan back deals for fear of the player getting injured, not to mention we need backup this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I don't like those deals either. Same nonsense with Keita back in the day. We lack depth now, this season is more important than next right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

If we're playing 7 times his value 5 months ago, then we shouldn't be entertaining loaning him back. Probably just paper talk anyway.

• Advertisement

Only makes sense if Benfica are not willing to sell & in the summer the price goes up and competition for the player goes up ,

Get him which ever way is possible it may also help lure other players in the door if they see us signing such talent ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is that the end of Bellingham if Enzo is coming? We need 2 midfielders like so I hope not but can't see 200m been spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

I think we could get both.

The ~200m would be spread over a couple of years I'd imagine.

The money is there imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Enzo is like an improvement on Gini to my eye. Bellingham has the ability to be as good as Gerrard was for us.

If it was one or the other I'd be pushing the boat out for Bellingham. If we get both then even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's funny how anyone could believe we'd spend 200m on two players when we almost didn't even loan in a centre back during the injury crisis of 2020 and the same with a midfielder this past summer.

If we sign either of them I'll be pleasantly surprised, and I do think we'll get one (the cheaper one, of course).

Still wouldn't trade FSG for anyone, despite all that.

I think the Fernandez transfer if it happens would come with a headline transfer fee of €100m like Nunez's however realistically it will be the same as Nunez around €60m odd guaranteed then with with a shed load of add-ons to bring it up to €100m.

Like Nunez if those add-ons are met then the club will be winning League and European trophies.

The Bellingham transfer will hit the €120m no doubt however I think that one will be a straight paid over five seasons with no add-ons.

Wages will also be doable with Naby, Ox, Milner all out of contract and Arthur coming off the wage bill that will go a long way to covering the new players wages.

I think Bobby will sign a new contract at reduced wages.

Reports tonight that FSG have had the winning bid for a new NBA team based of Las Vegas and it will cost them $4B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've a feeling that Liverpool did the ground work with Enzo during the summer but couldn't get the deal over the line because Benfica refused to sell Nunez to Liverpool if they did. It was a case of 'you can have Nunez if you give us the clear run at Enzo'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Enzo probably wouldn't have gotten a UK work permit last summer though would he?

• Advertisement

That's a good point. I'm not very clued up on the work permit criteria these days, but he hadn't played for the senior Argentina team at the time. Sometimes that can be an a reason why a work permit is granted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, if a South American player hasn't played in a top European team, and hasn't played a reasonable amount of international football, they're not in a good position to get a work permit.

It does give the option of buying the player and immediately loaning him out. But then that may have stopped Nunez.

The club chose Nunez, but as we have seen in the past, they were not scared to try and buy the same player at a later date again. That may have changed with Edwards leaving the club, but it's possible.

It seems today that most of the Portuguese media is going with Fernandez signing for Liverpool.

Madrid ready to activate Fernandez release clause in January and spend €150m for Bellingham in the summer being reported in the Madrid media tonight the reporter is there version of Pearce.

Buy all the midfielders.

I'd be shocked if we sign either. Massive outlay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Alder Hey visit by the player's...

And one or two Evertonians 🙂

Great bunch of lads...

You suspect they looked at their squad and the manager was asked who he would like to replace Modric with and his answer was,

They are supposedly in for Mbappe as well next summer, I guess they have extra cash now that the stadium is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

RM also just spent €60m on a child who turned 16 5 months ago and has a total of 7 senior football appearances, they're playing a game closer to PSG and City than us.

How many players would RM sign if all “reports” were true? Can’t understand why people believe these reports, at best it is RM/Marca casting a wide net to try and scare off other buyers for the few players they actually do want to sign, at worst it’s just made up crap.

Considering the way LFC do business, I doubt anyone apart from a few important people in the club know what is going on, and who they are trying to sign.

Does anyone have any inside info on Ramsey, seems to be injured again

A few links to right backs on twitter the last few days,

• Advertisement
Advertisement