Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

robwen wrote: »

It's the only one to win, if you're not recognised by the fans what's the point?

the players one is a clicky circle jerk and the writers award is for journos to push their agendas.*
    All hail Mo the greatest of the 2021 footballers of the year

*opinions may change depending on future winners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I see why we aren't in for Sancho now he will become the second highest paid player at Man U he would blow what Salah is on now out of the water.

Where are you getting the information that Sancho will become the 2nd highest paid player at Man Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

dogbert27 wrote: »
    What year is Klopp's contract up?

KevRossi wrote: »

Thank **** he's gone.

Edit:- Oh, you meant the year.

As you were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Where are you getting the information that Sancho will become the 2nd highest paid player at Man Utd?

Guardian are reporting that he will get £350k a week.

Something which would rule him out of Liverpool, unfortunately. That smashes the wage structure by well over 100k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Thank **** he's gone.

Edit:- Oh, you meant the year.

As you were.

That probably sounded funnier in your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

dogbert27 wrote: »
    That probably sounded funnier in your head.

Thank you

The second reporter this evening to say we have been in touch with Gladbach about Neuhaus.

https://twitter.com/dmlynch/status/1403412673665118214?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The second reporter this evening to say we have been in touch with Gladbach about Neuhaus.

https://twitter.com/dmlynch/status/1403412673665118214?s=20

Wonder if it's just a bit of miscommunication after news that we're about to start renovations at Anfield.
    Might've thought we were in the market for a new house...

(I might join Mr Crinklewood in the "that sounded better in my head" club)

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Wonder if it's just a bit of miscommunication after news that we're about to start renovations at home..

His release clause of €40m ended so now they might be chancing there arm to see can they get him for less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

His release clause of €40m ended so now they might be chancing there arm to see can they get him for less.

Oh if there's an arm to be chanced our owners will chance it! :pac:

(Boom, 3rd member of the newly formed Mr Crinklewood club.)

Jordan Henderson MBE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Has a nice ring to it

Jordan Henderson MBE.

An ordinary lad from Sunderland and captain of Liverpool doesn't need one of those archaic colonial titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

An ordinary lad from Sunderland and captain of Liverpool doesn't need one of those archaic colonial titles.

Would he be of the persuasion to turn it down?

retalivity wrote: »

I wouldn't have thought so, the English have a peculiar way of looking at these things compared with us.

Is Harry posting anymore? Haven't seen him around these parts in a while

6 wrote: »
    Is Harry posting anymore? Haven't seen him around these parts in a while

Closed his account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Always wary of signing a young players (especially English) to such a huge money contract. The hunger will disappear.

Just turned 21, 350k per week, if his trajectory is upwards as they would want, what will be his demands in 3-4 years? Where does it end?

Think salary is the key thing for a club to get right, you want to pay well but not so much as to take away their need to scrap. And you better make sure your highest earners set an example to the dressing room as to how to conduct themselves (both as pro off the field aswell as performances on it).

United need to start following our lead and start making stars as opposed to trying to buy them, and not even convinced Sancho is a star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Piss all over the MBE if you want but what a credit Henderson is to his family and also his club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Always wary of signing a young players (especially English) to such a huge money contract. The hunger will disappear.

Just turned 21, 350k per week, if his trajectory is upwards as they would want, what will be his demands in 3-4 years? Where does it end?

Think salary is the key thing for a club to get right, you want to pay well but not so much as to take away their need to scrap. And you better make sure your highest earners set an example to the dressing room as to how to conduct themselves (both as pro off the field aswell as performances on it).

United need to start following our lead and start making stars as opposed to trying to buy them, and not even convinced Sancho is a star.

I'm not convinced that argument holds any water. Its down to character. If a player has the right character it doesn't matter what he's paid, he gives max effort every time. We see week in, week out, players paid all sorts (including too little and as much as they coukd ever reasonably command) turning in huge effort performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Minamino has been withdrawn for the next Japan game on Tuesday due to club circumstances.

Sounds like he is on the move.

Probably for the best. Nice player but I think physically not good enough for us. Think the Bundesliga would be a good move for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Closed his account.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Closed his account.

That is a shame. So many of the long-time posters no longer posting here, many of whom combined a great sense of humour with insightful comments. This place just ain't the same really. Got a two-week ban myself recently for mentioning Villareal on the night they beat United in the EL. Still trying to figure it out but took it on the chin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

retalivity wrote: »

If he was going to do so I'd imagine it would have been done by now, behind the scenes, rather than in a public manner, there is a whole process involved in these things.

They don't sit well with me personally, (still having the BE part in it is enough to pi55 me off TBH,) but then again the English have a different outlook generally to titles and stuff than I would. It's also a recognition for charities that he would be involved with.

As an aside, the whole honours process is a corrupt, political mess, a system to pat cronies on the back, and when you see how long Kenny had to be recognised by this system for all the good work he had done over many years ee:the Hillsborough families etc.well......

Good luck to Jordan and congratulations, but Fvxk them and their honours IMHO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

mosstin wrote: »
    That is a shame. So many of the long-time posters no longer posting here, many of whom combined a great sense of humour with insightful comments. This place just ain't the same really. Got a two-week ban myself recently for mentioning Villareal on the night they beat United in the EL. Still trying to figure it out but took it on the chin.

This place has gone to ****e over the last couple years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Still some excellent posters, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Close account option is probably the worst thing that happened to boards. The amount of rage quits that occured from it I'd say is astronomical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Close account option is probably the worst thing that happened to boards. The amount of rage quits that occured from it I'd say is astronomical.

Is that option permanent? Or can you re-open with same stats as previous?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's permanent. Believe me I've queried. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ask Mike65, er, I mean his friend, Harry. He's the only one who ever didn't use it. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Former Red goalie Danny Ward had a good game for Wales and pulled off some cracking saves.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Former Red goalie Danny Ward had a good game for Wales and pulled off some cracking saves.

I was just coming in to say that it's criminal how little football he has played in his career. He's 28 in a week.

Very, very good goalkeeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Surely being Liverpool's no.2 would have been better than Leicester's?

Probably would have gotten the no.1 instead of Karius at the time as well but then we'd be without Alisson...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Other former Red, midfielder Joe Allen is still mediocre and had an average game for Wales running about and occasionally touching the ball.

Current Red Shaq got himself an assist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

hawaii501 wrote: »

Probably would have gotten the no.1 instead of Karius at the time as well but then we'd be without Alisson...

Think he was third choice when he was with us but we made 15 million off him which was good business at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Other former Red, midfielder Joe Allen is still mediocre and had an average game for Wales running about and occasionally touching the ball.

I thought he played well, reminded me of a young Xavi ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think everyone involved at the time reckoned Schmeichel would be snapped up by a bigger team before long… think it was meant to be like the Soyuncu move - having the replacement already on board. But for whatever reason that interest never came in for Kasper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The more I see of Tielemans, the more I think he is perfectly suited to play with us.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think everyone involved at the time reckoned Schmeichel would be snapped up by a bigger team before long… think it was meant to be like the Soyuncu move - having the replacement already on board. But for whatever reason that interest never came in for Kasper.

Ah that makes sense really, Leicester and their excellent recruitment strategy(after Liverpool's).
    I was just thinking earlier why would he move to be another 'sub' keeper as he's good enough for a no.1 in the prem.

Tielemans would be an excellent replacement for Gini also, can't believe he's only 24 though! Been around years.

I thought he played well, reminded me of a young Xavi ;)

Beautiful human being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Ah that makes sense really, Leicester and their excellent recruitment strategy(after Liverpool's).
    I was just thinking earlier why would he move to be another 'sub' keeper as he's good enough for a no.1 in the prem.

Tielemans would be an excellent replacement for Gini also, can't believe he's only 24 though! Been around years.

Kasper is interesting. He seems to have the clear headed determination of an intelligent person with perspective. Not the blind drive on an athlete that has only ever seen one sport never mind the rest of the world.

Like vardy he seems to have seen that there's great value in winning with a single club, along with the decent salary the billionaire owners can provide.

His interviews are worth a listen.

yeah he comes across as a decent individual, couldn't have been easy following in his father's footsteps. Schmeichel snr was miles ahead of his peers for many years. He's always mentioned along with Vardy anytime they are in one of their slumps and there's murmurings of player unrest but I don't know if there's any truth in it or it's just journalist makey uppey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah he comes across as a decent individual, couldn't have been easy following in his father's footsteps. Schmeichel snr was miles ahead of his peers for many years. He's always mentioned along with Vardy anytime they are in one of their slumps and there's murmurings of player unrest but I don't know if there's any truth in it or it's just journalist makey uppey.

I think Kasper is very selfaware of his own abilities and his own ceiling

He didn't try to chase his fathers legacy or feel he had to prove he was as good by moving to a massive club instead went his own path and became a legend & loyal at Leicester

Yeha I've heard Kasper on a couple of podcasts and he seems very down to earth and level-headed.
    He would rather stay at Leicester and be a club legend than make the big money move which I'm sure he could have done(probably too late now). Very good keeper but probably knows his mistakes would be crucified at a bigger club.

Sure he's won the league and FA Cup which is better than anything at a Utd, spurs, arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    The more I see of Tielemans, the more I think he is perfectly suited to play with us.
    Yeah - I'm surprised the club never showed an interest in him before. He signed for Monaco in 2017 on a fee of €25M. He went on loan to Leicester in January 2019 and proved himself in the league. That summer was the time to pounce, Leicester didn't have an option to buy but negotiated a transfer for £40M. They'll be demanding a lot more than that from any club that shows interest in the player now.

2019 was the summer we didn't sign anyone apart from van den Berg. I guess the powers that be thought that Naby Keita was going to be the answer to everything in the midfield.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

People have been saying the same thing ever since I can remember on here.

In a few years people will be saying it again as the cycle goes on.

Tielemans would be a great addition to any squad. Don't think Liverpool will be spending the kind of money it would take to sign him on him however. Florian Neuhaus seems to be the guy being linked as the Wijnaldum replacement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Yeha I've heard Kasper on a couple of podcasts and he seems very down to earth and level-headed.
    He would rather stay at Leicester and be a club legend than make the big money move which I'm sure he could have done(probably too late now). Very good keeper but probably knows his mistakes would be crucified at a bigger club.

Sure he's won the league and FA Cup which is better than anything at a Utd, spurs, arsenal.

He'd make a great backup keeper in a few years time, experienced, great leadership skills and a calming influence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement