Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Horrendous from Konate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Good night to that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

grim lack of creativity out there, we don't look like scoring. It felt like it was on early in the half but we've been tepid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Far too easy, Liverpool not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Weak from Konate, not a foul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Looked a foul.

• Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

100% not a foul that. Konate needs to be much stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Whole team is just weak as piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's technically not a free.

But it's given every single week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Konate should have been much stronger there.

We need to stop playing our fullbacks so high.

We can't afford it in the current system/personnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RedCardKid

Anyone who thinks that was a foul needs to get into SpecSavers asap tomorrow morning. Brentford player outran /outmuscled Konate ... simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

That's a goal and assist that Konate has tonight. He basically gave up there and went for the lazy option of tacking a tumble instead of holding firm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Going by what fouls he has given if it was the other way it would have been a free kick to Brentford the ref is not reffing the teams to the same standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

3 goals conceded, all immediately from players giving it away in bad areas

Nothing to do with our full backs there, That's all on Konate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Got what we deserved from the whole game. There was an improvement 2nd half but not enough to warrant getting anything. Back to the drawing board again.

Fullbacks weren't the issue there.

Keita coughed up the ball in midfield really easily.

Our fullbacks are attacking fullbacks, when the ball is in midfield we need to be more careful with it or we get caught out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Diabolical attempt at a header back to the keeper. Like Konate but he's been terrible today.

• Advertisement

This is a completely deserved defeat too, that’s the depressing thing. Brentford have outplayed us from the tenth minute onwards, and they’ve done it without their star player.

No amount of money spent in this window will save this season for us.

It's endemic though, turn and fire one ball over the top and it's always 1v1, always. It's where two of the goals came from.

Yeah, Konate was weak af but way too many 1v1s.

We need to start cutting our cloth accordingly. Still playing like a midfielder will be back there.

If we don't improve our midfield ASAP, this garbage week in, week out, isnt going to improve. Top 4? More likely to end up in 7th and deservedly so.

The only positive you can take from this game, and it's a very tenuous positive, is it surely highlights that the chequebook needs to come out in January and we need multiple players.

Gakpo is not going to make any difference to this.

Europa League is on the cards next year if we're lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

DM and CM need to be priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What's going on with Carvalho? 3 games in a row an unused sub. Curtis Jones even getting on ahead of him

I still believed before this game.

Not now. Not with the lack of fight, midfield or fit front men.

And not with our next three league fixtures.

How was he free in the middle? Why are we not doing the basics of tracking back. It's unforgivable.

Allison coming off his line saves a 4th.

Konate was brutal for the goal but you cant expect a defence to deal with this many 1v1s and 2v2s every week, same way Alisson can't keep bailing us out. Every goal came from someone losing the ball by being thoughtless in a vulnerable area.

The midfield needs to offer protection, ideally protection AND creation but right now I'd settle for one.

• Advertisement

An awful lot of fannying about around the edge of the box.

Someone please just shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Trent has just given up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

"down the pub in 30 years time"

I remember when Liverpool last won the league in 19/20

Liverpool fan here btw

This squad is done

Looked like a child in his past couple games imo, seemed very easily pushed out of the game. Maybe he's not entirely ready to play in an already struggling team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭ratracer

The night we won the league, I said to my son “ I was your age when we last won the league, I hope you’re not my age before we win it again!” - god dammit I must have jinxed them 🤬🤬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

Cant go ignoring the obvious and expect to get by.

Donut formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Stat I saw on Twitter earlier -

It's clear that the ball is getting through the midfield much easier and the defenders are dealing with far more than previous years which in turn means Ali has a lot more to do.

I remember reading that we used to give up quite a few chances but that they were usually low percentage chances (shots from distance, shots from wide angle etc) whereas I'd imagine we're daily high 8n the stats for giving away a large number of high percentage chances this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's taken me a while to accept it, but this team just isn't that good anymore. That's the crux of it.

We haven't refreshed at the correct pace, particularly in midfield, and the team, in this iteration, is dead as an elite team.

It's too old and slow in too many areas. That simple. The epic seasons have caught up on this group. It's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

There is no way out of this with the current personnel at the club. No amount of coaching will change it. Only spending big money on the right players in the right positions. Until that is done it will be more of the same.

• Advertisement

Nunez has now missed 15 out of his 19 big chances this season

That number of saves is some stat TitianGerm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This world cup break can't come quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Everyone on commentary absolutely delighted with that result, including Carragher.... laughing along with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

Full rebuild of the midfield and defence is now required but that going to happen with FSG at the helm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Got what we deserved. Atrocious defending for the first 2, 2 not given by VAR, and Konate showing no strength at all for the 3rd.

Better second half, but simply not good enough at so many levels.

Pathetic to blame Nunez for the result, absolutely pathetic. So many were well below his effort - was Salah really out there? VVD deservedly dragged. Harvey deservedly dragged etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

I tell ya something for nothing. It's gonna be so hard to take if Arsenal win the league this year. We have been outstanding for 5 seasons or so and during any other era would have had 4 titles to show for it but only got 1 and it was basically taken away from us cos of covid. If Arsenal go and win the title after just 1 season of being good enough it might be harder for me to accept than city's ridiculous final day comeback in the league last season. Maybe I'm alone in feeling that way but it just really feels like we are cursed when it comes to the league title.

Time to start resting players for Madrid next month, is how I feel after watching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭ratracer

The defence and it's backup personnel are still a great group of players, it's entirely a midfield issue I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement