Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great finish by Gini. He has some scoring record in recent years for the Dutch, 23 in 76 apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gini been absolutely fantastic for the Dutch tonight
    I think hes one of those we will regret losing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Clive Tydesdale's commentary for Yarmalenko's goal just there gave me CL final 2005 flashbacks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

we didn't really lose him, paying Gini what he wanted would have had knock on effects with the rest of the squad.
    We don't know what went on behind the scenes and for how long. We can't have all the players like Chelsea or the most expensive ones like City.

Trying to think of the last player I regretted letting go. It's a fairly small pool to choose from. Danny Ings and ... ehm give me a minute, the bitey one of course, this is not an easy game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Suarez and Alonso for me.. feel those were the two biggest ones off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Calvin wrote: »
    Suarez and Alonso for me.. feel those were the two biggest ones off the top of my head.

Losing Alonso felt like the start of the ending of Rafa's tenure which ultimately led to torres leaving as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Losing Alonso felt like the start of the ending of Rafa's tenure which ultimately led to torres leaving as well

Along with the complete and total lack of backing from G&H. in that summer 09 the only lads that could be brought in were bargain basement guys, or players from clubs that owed Liverpool money.

Exactly the wrong time to be cheap, off the back of the title run the previous year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ali played the full game for Brazil, Fab played the last 5 minutes and Bobby was an unused sub in there 3-0 win at the Copa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Calvin wrote: »

I reckon most Liverpool fans would agree with you, two brilliant players, a real pity we couldn't hold onto them for a few more seasons

• Advertisement

Girly Gal wrote: »
    I reckon most Liverpool fans would agree with you, two brilliant players, a real pity we couldn't hold onto them for a few more seasons

I was sorry to see Mascherano go at the time.

Souness leaving for Sampdoria at the time or at least by comparison they were criminally underpaid in the UK.
    Rush in 87, probably wouldn't have happened if he knew Italy was a different country altogether.

Going back further, Keegan leaving was massive at the time. Irreplaceable type player, or so they thought.

Kenny Dalglish brought in to replace him. The rest as they say is history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

What about Sabitzer lads? Since we lost out on Tielemans that time.... allegedly a 15m release clause?!!
    Surely a no brainer at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Go on wee Andy a great day to lead out you team. I forgot he is 27 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1404437853501861894?s=20

Kelleher must be going out on loan....

• Advertisement

Pearce reporting that Adrian had offers to return to Spain on a free.

Adrian signed a new two year contract.

Klopp is delighted he signed a new contract as Adrian is a hugely popular figure.

Kelleher will be number 2 after signing his new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

Very strange for us to sign Adrian up for 2 years. He dropped down to 3rd choice last year. Given Alisson's injury history, we can expect the 2nd choice to play 10+ games for us next year and I've no faith in Adrian to do that. I'm not sure popularity should replace competence, otherwise we could all be in the team!

Looks like 3 and out for Robbo. If they lost against England and they have no hope of qualifying, maybe he will be rested in the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Robert2014 wrote: »
    Very strange for us to sign Adrian up for 2 years. He dropped down to 3rd choice last year. Given Alisson's injury history, we can expect the 2nd choice to play 10+ games for us next year and I've no faith in Adrian to do that. I'm not sure popularity should replace competence, otherwise we could all be in the team!

Looks like 3 and out for Robbo. If they lost against England and they have no hope of qualifying, maybe he will be rested in the last game.

I doubt if he'll be rested even if they lose to England. He's the captain and they might not qualify for another tournament so he'll want to play all games.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I doubt if he'll be rested even if they lose to England. He's the captain and they might not qualify for another tournament so he'll want to play all games.

Agreed.

He'll play regardless of England result.

The lads are really funny in this video...

According to the Liverpool Echo today we are signing everyone who has ever kicked a ball, I still haven't been called by Klopp yet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Planning permission granted this morning for the new Anfield Road end stand, and by the looks of things, work has already started to take place.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1404755885688246273

https://twitter.com/mattladson/status/1404750809821335557

Jota starts for Portugal.

This evenings transfer gossip.

Daka close to signing for £17m

Liverpool ready to gazump Man U on Sancho with a £90m offer paid over 3 years.

Liverpool also interested in Donyell Malen who seen by BVB as a replacement for Sancho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Liverpool also interested in Donyell Malen who seen by BVB as a replacement for Sancho

Is it wrong to prefer Bellingham over Sancho, if we were to consider either (which I don't think we would)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

T

I'd get him just for his name. Sounds like a Star Wars character.

Is it wrong to prefer Bellingham over Sancho, if we were to consider either (which I don't think we would)?

No, I'd be with you on that one, I think Belligham will be the best of this generation of English players.

This is also interesting.

7,800 rail seats to be installed at Anfield for a trial period of 12 months, from the start of the next season coming.

https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1404815975938203663

I think with Liverpool doing that, It now gives every club the freedom to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Great to finally see this after years of talk about safe standing.

It was always a red herring opposing it on the basis of Hillsborough.

Hopefully in time the whole, or most of the Kop is changed to all standing.

Gbear wrote: »
    Great to finally see this after years of talk about safe standing.

It was always a red herring opposing it on the basis of Hillsborough.

Hopefully in time the whole, or most of the Kop is changed to all standing.

Anytime I have been on the Kop I've never seen anyone sit once the game kicks off, So rail seating really makes total sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Anyone reckon it would be worth renewing the fan card this season?

Does anyone expect we will be in a position to be successful in getting tickets this season?

Wouldn't be surprised to see extended limitations on travel/capacity crowds in Autumn/Winter time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Malen would be a decent signing. Not a hope we are getting Sancho! And I don't really know anything about Daka if I'm being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Daka at 17 million would be a bit of a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No so called fixture leaks yet, they are out at 9am tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

AdrianG08 wrote: »

Does anyone expect we will be in a position to be successful in getting tickets this season?

Wouldn't be surprised to see extended limitations on travel/capacity crowds in Autumn/Winter time.

Personally reckon you'd be wasting your time. I've renewed mine but that's more out of loyalty than optimism. Our local branch have advised us that our chances of getting tickets this year are slim. Such a shame that people going to the games regularly for years now passed over for those who'll readily spend more on their 'match day experience'. Such is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

No, I'd be with you on that one, I think Belligham will be the best of this generation of English players.

Its gas that birmingham retired his number when he left for dortmund last year having just turned 17 and played 45 games - they must feel he'll be the next messi.

Clinton Morrison just suggested on SSN that if Jack Grealish dived to win a penalty to win England the European Championship that would be ok and everyoe agreed. I'm not sure the UK media would agree if Salah or Mane did the same thing.

The double standards on the dark arts and diving in particular in the UK is infuriating

PL fixtures are released. Away to Norwich is first up.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1405072663068909570

The fixture list seems to be a bit template-y at this stage.

Start with Norwich
    End with Wolves.
    City in October & April.
    Leicester away in late December.
    Burnley away early in the season seems to be a staple fixture now.

Away to Norwich on first day of season

First 5 fixtures

Norwich [A]
    Burnley [H]
    Chelsea [H]
    Leeds [A]
    Crystal Palace [H]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

Think we have had a favourable enough set of fixtures. A couple of 'easy' ones to start before Chelsea, end of season not too bad. We mainly play our rivals at home in 1st round, away in 2nd if you fancy a grumble.

United have a very 'easy' Aug and Sept, but then Oct/Nov are all big sides.

Similarly Chelsea have lots of big games in their first 7.

But of course, by the end you have to play everyone twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭finbarrk

AdrianG08 wrote: »

It's a waste of money lately. Can't get a ticket with it.

As things stand Salah, Mane, Keita would be missing Chelsea, Brentford, Leicester & Palace due to the AFCON.

EDIT: I could be wrong there with the Chelsea & Leicester games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Good start to the season, i think facing Chelsea early is a good idea, they usually start the season off slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

finbarrk wrote: »
    It's a waste of money lately. Can't get a ticket with it.

Fan card is a complete waste of money in my experience.

Tickets really hard to come by in recent seasons, my usual contacts have dried up completely. I think it is since they cracked down on people sharing tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

With that fixture list I definitely see us staying up again next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Remember when the winter break was a thing?

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1405093523418927107?s=20
    The FIFA international window for January 24 to February 3 scuppers the Premier League's winter break.

And there won't be a Premier League winter break in 2022-23 due to the World Cup.

Still, we did it once (in a really pointless way).

We had to play our kids in the FA Cup due to this, right? Seems like a one and done type of thing.

willabur wrote: »

Tickets really hard to come by in recent seasons, my usual contacts have dried up completely. I think it is since they cracked down on people sharing tickets?

The turnaround since Klopp came has had a bigger impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fitz* wrote: »
    As things stand Salah, Mane, Keita would be missing Chelsea, Brentford, Leicester & Palace due to the AFCON.

EDIT: I could be wrong there with the Chelsea & Leicester games.

I think it might just be Brentford and Palace which would be as good as you could have hoped for.

willabur wrote: »

Yeah but during the times of full capacity doesn't the fan card allow you to buy tickets in the online sales?

• Advertisement
Advertisement