Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Yeah but during the times of full capacity doesn't the fan card allow you to buy tickets in the online sales?

You literally have no chance through those channels. Family member is good enough to give me his season tickets a couple of times a season, that's the only way I can get to see them.
    Up to a few years ago you could of gotten plenty of spares on the day for most matches, its gone insane the demand since.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

rob316 wrote: »
    You literally have no chance through those channels. Family member is good enough to give me his season tickets a couple of times a season, that's the only way I can get to see them.
    Up to a few years ago you could of gotten plenty of spares on the day for most matches, its gone insane the demand since.

Really? I know you need to be logged in at 8am on the morning the sale opens but always thought tickets (limited options, lesser fixtures) were attainable if you were online and ready to go at the time required

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Leeds home and away to Leicester and Chelsea over Christmas period is tough as it gets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

paulie21 wrote: »
    Leeds home and away to Leicester and Chelsea over Christmas period is tough as it gets

Really hard to call that now ,Who knows what shape teams are in when the fixtures come around,

For instance everyone would have being saying that about playing us at our place but if you got that fixture in January or February it was happy days,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

paulie21 wrote: »

And away to Spurs on the 18th December.

Tasty set of fixtures over the Chrimbo - lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Really? I know you need to be logged in at 8am on the morning the sale opens but always thought tickets (limited options, lesser fixtures) were attainable if you were online and ready to go at the time required

I've got tickets through fan cards for every game I've ever wanted even letting some extra ones go here and on irish kop.

There is a knack to it though, the 8am sales are a mess but other times there would be returns that are easy enough to pick up when you know when they release those.

Looks like this year is a ballot system for tickets not sure how it'll work but doesn't seem too enticing.
    My last game over was Sheffield United on January 2nd 2020, I managed to get 7 tickets for that game for people I was travelling with I cant imagine I'll be able to do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

mightyreds wrote: »
    I've got tickets through fan cards for every game I've ever wanted even letting some extra ones go here and on irish kop.

There is a knack to it though, the 8am sales are a mess but other times there would be returns that are easy enough to pick up when you know when they release those.

Looks like this year is a ballot system for tickets not sure how it'll work but doesn't seem too enticing.
    My last game over was Sheffield United on January 2nd 2020, I managed to get 7 tickets for that game for people I was travelling with I cant imagine I'll be able to do that again.

Did you need 7 fancards to get 7 tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Did you need 7 fancards to get 7 tickets?

Yeah so I have 2 for myself and my wife then my friends all had their own so i just purchased the tickets for them, the new system seems to be that you can give tickets to up to 20 friends and they dont need fan cards. They havent released much details on this yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Any decent club would have announced the signing of at least one mega star player for Klopp's birthday. That's not the LFC way, instead he gets a f#*king fixture list. Probably the worst club in the history of football to be the manager. :D

• Advertisement

Talisman wrote: »
    Any decent club would have announced the signing of at least one mega star player for Klopp's birthday. That's not the LFC way, instead he gets a f#*king fixture list. Probably the worst club in the history of football to be the manager. :D

Well I just hope he is sitting on a private beach with his family somewhere hot and sunny getting drunk and having well earned R&R for his birthday.

The latest player linked is Alexander Isak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The latest player linked is Alexander Isak.

After the Spain game I’d say he’ll be linked with every big club in Europe!

Would be a good move though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rafa to Everton is happening apparently!

I'd be delighted for Rafa to actually be able to manage close to home.

To be honest I can't see him doing any better than Carlo did there no matter how much money they spend they will always finish 7th to 10th :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Don’t think anyone will begrudge Rafa for the move to Everton. Absolutely love the man and how much he loves the city and the club… a good move for himself and his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd be quite happy for Everton to finish runners up to us in everything domestically next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Unfortunately he won't get the love from the Everton fans. I'm sure they still remember the "small club" comment! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Unfortunately he won't get the love from the Everton fans. I'm sure they still remember the "small club" comment! :p

I've already seen them turning their noses up. They think he's not good enough for them when it's really the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

RonanG86 wrote: »
    I've already seen them turning their noses up. They think he's not good enough for them when it's really the other way around.

Poison chalice in a lot of ways. First dodgy run of results and they'll want him sacked as many wouldn't have wanted him in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

RonanG86 wrote: »

Exactly....

I've already seen it on social media, I really hope he doesn't do well with them, and keeps them mid table mediocrity.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Fans of a club that hasn't won a thing in 26 yrs turning their nose up at a manager who has won trophies at every club he has been - fantastic stuff

Poison chalice in a lot of ways. First dodgy run of results and they'll want him sacked as many wouldn't have wanted him in the first place.

Would be surprised if too many Everton fans actually from/in Liverpool would have a problem with him, given just how much he and his wife have done for the city. Poured a lot of himself into the JFT96 campaign, and they do a load of local charity work as well.

Just some of what they’ve done can be seen here;
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/amazing-things-rafa-has-done-11987287

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Would be surprised if too many Everton fans actually from/in Liverpool would have a problem with him, given just how much he and his wife have done for the city. Poured a lot of himself into the JFT96 campaign, and they do a load of local charity work as well.

Just some of what they’ve done can be seen here;
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/amazing-things-rafa-has-done-11987287

Rafa would be a great get for Everton. Much better and more suitable than even claudio. Of they back him and let him get on with it he'll do a fine job.

Rafa would be a great get for Everton. Much better and more suitable than even claudio. Of they back him and let him get on with it he'll do a fine job.

Yup, and I'd say he'd be happy out to stay for as long as they'd have him, given how much it fits his life. No Carlo upsets if he has a decent season, or some big club needs a stopgap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I thought he might hold out for the Arsenal job if Arteta starts to do poorly. I think he could do a good job there.

It will come as no surprise that I’m a huge Rafa fan so I hope he does well wherever he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Rafa sure does love an uphill task. I think Everton have the guts of a good squad and there is money to be spent but he's going to need to win a lot of games right away and they do have a nice enough start to the season.

But at least half the fan base will be completely against it and a large chunk of the other half will be very skeptical/on the fence that will turn at the first bad result. Managers usually leave getting sacked but this could get very ugly very quickly. Is it really worth it, the **** that he'll get and by extension his family will get just doesn't seem like it is. Liverpool is not London where you can disappear, he won't be able to go for a walk without running into a disgruntled fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It'll annoy Everton's fans more than Liverpool's. Best of luck to him, a gentleman and good footballing man.

He would be a very good appointment for Everton, much more suited than Carlo was. He's proven he can work within all sorts of budgets.

Rafa and Carlo like managing the same tams Chelsea, Napoli, Madrid and now Everton however I think the fans of those clubs would all look back more fondly on Carlo well maybe Napoli would prefer Rafa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I loved rafa, not anymore I'm affraid, utterly shocked that he's even considering going there to our biggest rival and neighbour that he once called a little club, money grabbing******* is all he is now, once a legendary figure but not anymore, I hopped one day he'd come back to us but he should never be let in the door again if he goes ahead with this

• Advertisement

Calvin wrote: »
    Don’t think anyone will begrudge Rafa for the move to Everton. Absolutely love the man and how much he loves the city and the club… a good move for himself and his family.

He loves the club so much he goes and manages our biggest rival, please don't make me laugh, traitor comes to my mind, hope he fails miserably

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Ikozma wrote: »
    He loves the club so much he goes and manages our biggest rival, please don't make me laugh, traitor comes to my mind, hope he fails miserably

Traitor me hole. That's an utterly warped, ridiculous take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's Rafa. I'm sure his view of it is it's a job. His way is that there's no place for sentiments in football. He'll go in, do his job with utter professionalism and then leave again. It's a cold look on things, but it's always been his way. This is also partly one of the reason why he took the Chelsea job.

It's not like he's leaving Liverpool to move to Everton. He's had 6 other clubs since leaving Liverpool.

And one much closer to his family so it's an added bonus for him.

SM01 wrote: »
    Traitor me hole. That's an utterly warped, ridiculous take.

That's my opinion, how can he be a Liverpool fan and love Liverpool like he says and then go manage Everton, I hope he fails miserably but that's just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I loved rafa, not anymore I'm affraid, utterly shocked that he's even considering going there to our biggest rival and neighbour that he once called a little club, money grabbing******* is all he is now, once a legendary figure but not anymore, I hopped one day he'd come back to us but he should never be let in the door again if he goes ahead with this

Glad to see such a reasonable response to the news that Rafa might be managing the Toffees soon.
    Restored my faith in the boards soccer forum.

That's my opinion, how can he be a Liverpool fan and love Liverpool like he says and then go manage Everton, I hope he fails miserably but that's just me

I only hope they don’t finish above Liverpool and we beat them twice a year in the League, apart from that, I hope he succeeds in beating MC/MU/Chelsea with regularity. Rafa is a legend, always will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

The “rivalry” is a local one IMO. So unless you are from Liverpool, then I cannot see why people get so worked up over these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Everton are beneath our notice. It shouldn't matter if anyone associated with the club decides to go work for them.

They're none of our concern.

Worst, and possibly most childish and disrespectful, post I've seen in any Liverpool thread, ever.

A fantastic manager, but much more than that, a fantastic man - who's done more for the city of Liverpool than any manager (on either side) since Dalglish.

Rafa's earned the right to go manage the only other premier league football team in the city his family lives in, ten times over.

Gbear wrote: »
    Everton are beneath our notice. It shouldn't matter if anyone associated with the club decides to go work for them.

They're none of our concern.

They have a pretty good squad, with the right replacement for Carlo and a couple of players, they could be very competitive.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Worst, and possibly most childish and disrespectful, post I've seen in any Liverpool thread, ever.

A fantastic manager, but much more than that, a fantastic man - who's done more for the city of Liverpool than any manager (on either side) since Dalglish.

Rafa's earned the right to go manage the only other premier league football team in the city his family lives in, ten times over.

I honestly couldn't give a dam, nó matter who rafa managed after us, even Chelsea I always saw him as a Liverpool man through and through but how can you do that now he's gone to everton, its a shame but it obviously doesn't bother him so I won't lose any sleep over it, plenty more genuine liverpool legends out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

I honestly couldn't give a dam, nó matter who rafa managed after us, even Chelsea I always saw him as a Liverpool man through and through but how can you do that now he's gone to everton, its a shame but it obviously doesn't bother him so I won't lose any sleep over it, plenty more genuine liverpool legends out there

You are very upset - sorry what part of Liverpool do you live

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Read earlier that Rafa could yet turn out to be the greatest Liverpool manager of all time, if he gets them relegated.

Had a good chuckle at the thought of that if I'm honest.

You are very upset - sorry what part of Liverpool do you live

Same part as you pal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Have alot of respect for Rafa, but the game has changed in the last 10 years, which dare I say is the last time he could be considered a top quality coach.

Not the popular thing to say to a Liverpool supporter, but I'd see him more as a safe pair of hands kind of coach these days, I don't see him taking Everton further up the table.

He will be limited in who he can attract to Everton aswell, all well and good having money to spend, but being Everton manager the last few years is akin to a mid level lotto winner only being allowed spend it in Dealz.

They need a hungry young coach who will sign and make some new stars, Rafa despite the romanticism on here is not that man.

Get over it. Even if he takes the Everton job, he will get a great reception at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

Same part as you pal

Oh, your a Dub like myself
    No i just wanted to ask you what the locals in Liverpool make of all this
    I thought you lived there - going by your comments
    Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Don't begrudge Rafa taking the role. In terms of becoming LFC manager again, he knows that ship has sailed. So what's there to lose? His family live in the city and it's a respectable club - makes a lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

I always love Rafa but I can't quite understand the amount of our fans who are indifferent to this. Personally I'm gutted.

I'm not from Liverpool but have been to enough games and know plenty of bitter Blues to have a dislike for Everton football club. Mental that some consider Chelsea bigger rivals than Everton.

This is on a scale of Michael Owen going to United for me.

• Advertisement

I always love Rafa but I can't quite understand the amount of our fans who are indifferent to this. Personally I'm gutted.

I'm not from Liverpool but have been to enough games and know plenty of bitter Blues to have a dislike for Everton football club. Mental that some consider Chelsea bigger rivals than Everton.

This is on a scale of Michael Owen going to United for me.

It's probably because the majority on here have never been to liverpool

Advertisement