Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

klose wrote: »
    *Reeling in the years by Steely Dan plays*
    556234.jpg

Jen Chang!!

Duncan Jenkins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

17 year old Ghanaian Abdul Fatawu Issahaku signed for €1m from Steadfast FC is being reported by that clubs president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

17 year old Ghanaian Abdul Fatawu Issahaku signed for €1m from Steadfast FC is being reported by that clubs president.

Read that online alright, this is the lad it was us Vs Leverkusen for I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is that the guy that scored some worldies at the U19 AFCON recently?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is that the guy that scored some worldies at the U19 AFCON recently?

Yeah it is and he signed a big deal with Nike.

I wonder did that play a part in him Liverpool and not joining Leverkusen

Brazil won 4-0 in the Copa last night.

Ali unused sub

Fab played the full game

Bobby played the last 25 minutes.

Isak might just fit in well into this Liverpool squad.

Minamino is not in the Japan team for the Olympics which was named today.

Now hopefully Salah isn't picked for Egypt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Minamino is not in the Japan team for the Olympics which was named today.

Now hopefully Salah isn't picked for Egypt.

I thought only the Japanese women's team was announced today?

• Advertisement

Lol you are right he's not going with the Women :)

On pre season it's being reported in Spain that Liverpool will play Osasuna in honour of Michael Robinson at the start of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

And he didn't make that squad either? Jaysus, his form has dipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

obviously a slow news day with TitanGerm confirming Minamino is not a woman:)

August games on the box.

Saturday 14 August
    17:30 Norwich v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Saturday 21 August
    12:30 Liverpool v Burnley (BT Sport)

Saturday 28 August
    17:30 Liverpool v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

August games on the box.

Saturday 14 August
    17:30 Norwich v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Saturday 21 August
    12:30 Liverpool v Burnley (BT Sport)

Saturday 28 August
    17:30 Liverpool v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Give me one poxy noon game. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

€1 million is a massive amount for a Ghana club. If its huge for an Irish club never mind Ghana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,666 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

GiftofGab wrote: »
    €1 million is a massive amount for a Ghana club. If its huge for an Irish club never mind Ghana.

An attacking midfielder, 8 goals in 13 games for his club and ,at 17, has 6 caps for the u20's. Sounds exciting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

cj maxx wrote: »
    An attacking midfielder, 8 goals in 13 games for his club and ,at 17, has 6 caps for the u20's. Sounds exciting

Playing in the second tier in Ghana though. Hardly facing top class opposition? I'd put him firmly in the "has potential" box just like the trillion other kids that Harry raves about on here. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he ever makes a first team appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,666 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Playing in the second tier in Ghana though. Hardly facing top class opposition? I'd put him firmly in the "has potential" box just like the trillion other kids that Harry raves about on here. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he ever makes a first team appearance.

I didn't know it was 2nd tier ! and yeah he only potential. At 17 that's all anyone is .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gotze looks about 40 there, not aging well on or off the pitch.

• Advertisement

cj maxx wrote: »
    I didn't know it was 2nd tier ! and yeah he only potential. At 17 that's all anyone is .

For the same price as a couple of weeks wages of some of the top players, he is definitely worth a punt, even if he doesn’t make a first team appearance, the club have a good chance of getting their money back by selling him on. He looks a bit like Michael Essien, strong, good with the ball at his feet and scores good goals.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Absolute peach of a goal by Shaq.

Was about to say the same. Also Neco Williams doesn't look out of place against Italy so far, atleast when he's attacking. Made a 50 yard pass to James early on that was world class. Also made a nice flick pass when being pressed by two Italian players near the touch line. Defensively it's a different story though, very indecisive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Absolute peach of a goal by Shaq.

Good goal and could have scored another a few minutes later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Shaq does it again, very nicely taken.

Seems to be some confusion about whether Liverpool have signed Fatawu, reports that rather being loaned to Sporting by Liverpool, he rejected Liverpool at the last minute and signed permanent deal with Sporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Hopefully Switzerland get through, to give Shaq a chance to impress again, maybe add another million or so to his value, he's more than likely going to be sold, so might as well get as much as we can for him

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Right foot then left foot, no messing about, handy enough is our Shag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Right foot then left foot, no messing about, handy enough is our Shag.

Is handy, but maybe he needs to be playing more.

The impact he's actually made in the last year or more has been very limited. Maybe he's the type of player that needs to start and then play his way into games, which tbf Liverpool can't really afford to given the level they are operating at. Certainly, his ability to come on for the last 15 or 20 and make a big impact has been limited in recent times. Also, he won't be playing teams as sh1te as Turkey every week.

If there's a good offer after the Euros, then why not let him off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is handy, but maybe he needs to be playing more.

The impact he's actually made in the last year or more has been very limited. Maybe he's the type of player that needs to start and then play his way into games, which tbf Liverpool can't really afford to given the level they are operating at. Certainly, his ability to come on for the last 15 or 20 and make a big impact has been limited in recent times. Also, he won't be playing teams as sh1te as Turkey every week.

If there's a good offer after the Euros, then why not let him off?

Are Turkey ****e?

Someone has to finish bottom of their group.

Surely there are weaker EPL teams for example

• Advertisement

I hope Shaq stays tbh.

After those two goal there surely is a team out there that would pay 15m for Shaq.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Shaq played his part in the win over Barca to be fair. He hasn't got the minutes last season, but Jones did instead and I've no problem with that. Never heard a peep outta him complaining, so hope things work out for him. He's had a good career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

noodler wrote: »
    Are Turkey ****e?

Someone has to finish bottom of their group.

Surely there are weaker EPL teams for example

Well..... they're worse than Wales anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Well..... they're worse than Wales anyway.

Wales haven't been ****e for sometime now tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Brazilian goalies scoring last-minute goals in England is becoming a thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

retalivity wrote: »
    Brazilian goalies scoring last-minute goals in England is becoming a thing

Shame it meant nothing in the end, they lost on penalties :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

Was about to say the same. Also Neco Williams doesn't look out of place against Italy so far, atleast when he's attacking. Made a 50 yard pass to James early on that was world class. Also made a nice flick pass when being pressed by two Italian players near the touch line. Defensively it's a different story though, very indecisive.

Chiesa had him on toast on several occasions in the first half. I'm afraid he is no where near good enough for liverpool

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1406870165430714371?s=20

We definitely must be getting Neuhaus now if Pearcey is writing fluff pieces about him...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

robwen wrote: »

We should be looking for £15million plus for him. Don't rate him that highly to be honest but other clubs don't know that yet. Should be marketed as a hugely talented lad who is unlucky to have TAA in front of him, otherwise he'd be a regular.

Except he wouldn't be, hes a late bolter who hit a purple patch in cup games a couple of years back, and plateau'd since. Your typical failed winger who they tried to convert into a full back.

The worry then is trying to get a replacement in, as I don't think there looks like another RB coming through the academy system who could play at PL level. It's also been Neco (or Hoever) as the young RB coming through so we haven't seen any other players in the position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

I see Mane opened a hospital in his home town yesterday. Seems like he has been back in Senegal for yonks, probably the best thing he could have done. Hope he spends another while over there and comes back completely refreshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Fitz* wrote: »
    The worry then is trying to get a replacement in, as I don't think there looks like another RB coming through the academy system who could play at PL level. It's also been Neco (or Hoever) as the young RB coming through so we haven't seen any other players in the position.

Hysaj from Napoli was available on a bosman (not sure if he has signed up elsewhere, there was talk of Lazio), he would be a terrific signing. 27 years old. Proper competition for TAA aswell.

• Advertisement

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Hysaj from Napoli was available on a bosman (not sure if he has signed up elsewhere, there was talk of Lazio), he would be a terrific signing. 27 years old. Proper competition for TAA aswell.

That would be interesting now. TBH I haven't seen him play a whole lot apart from the CL ties, but he struck me more of a defensive full back. I would guess that the club would prefer to have an attacking RB, to tie-in with the current ethos of the first team. Much like what they did with Tsimikas coming in last summer - an attacking full back. But having a more defensive RB would give another option, especially in tougher games where sides may double up on Trent in a bid to try and expose the gaps behind him.

This potential sale does seem to be growing legs though. Perhaps someone like a Southampton or a Palace will look to take the chance on him. I would have said Wolves but they went big at RWB last summer.

https://twitter.com/dmlynch/status/1406945637476835329

Reports that there are a handful of clubs from around Europe looking at Tsimikas as well.

You can't really blame lads for not wanting to play second fiddle to two of the best fullbacks in the world and sit on the bench for 90 of seasons.

You would wonder if signing a couple solid of full back in their 30's as cover for Robbo & TAA would be the way to go for now for the next season or two.

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/1406902996986912770?s=20

Mane is such a great lad, hope he is having a nice break back home and training with the errr Rugby team....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

For right back cover, I wonder if they might give Jarell Quansah a chance. Captain of the FA youth cup side and a really solid right sided CB, with lots of pace, good passing range, and good reading of the game. Full back is a fairly well worn path for young CBs to break through with their first appearances.

He’s a local lad too - with the club since he was 5! - so there might be some extra desire to bring him through.

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/1406902996986912770?s=20

Mane is such a great lad, hope he is having a nice break back home and training with the errr Rugby team....

I can see the logic, he'll be playing close quarters against Pickford next season. Although, Senegal musn't have a Taekwondo team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement