Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Maybe the Salah contract has seen other players looking for a raise, annoyed they aren’t getting it and playing like it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,094 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I had heard about this new Dutch star. Then saw him play 2 legs v Rangers in Europe. Didn't stand out.

Then of course he got his 3 consecutive goals in the wc, and everyone was raving about him. But watching those 3 games he didn't look anything special. It's just the standard of international football is now pretty poor.

So I still wasn't impressed and doubted that he'd do well at the very top teams. Watching him since his arrival, he doesn't look a superstar in the making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Nunez keeps missing chances that can change games it's a constant,

He's hindering us instead of helping us ,

Gakpo has zero pace to be a Prem wide player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

There is something terribly wrong at the club.

Jurgen has eyes, he can see what's happening out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Summitatem

What figures behind the scenes have too much power? If it's obvious name them...otherwise it's conjecture/horsesh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Again, Klopp looks distraught.

What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Towards the end of Rafa's last season when certain fans were calling for him to go, I argued the exact same as I'll argue right now -

If the club sack the manager, what manager is going to come in who is an upgrade, who's won domestic leagues and European trophies, who'll have a greater connection to the fans than the current manager, and is willing to join an absolute sh*tshow of a club that has no money, an ageing squad in need of overhaul, and a divided fanbase who's expectations are wildly out of sync?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Well, if he can, he's not doing a lot about it. Same approach every week, then the same subs at the same time. Our games go like this:

0:00 kick off

0:30 lose possession

3:00 concede goal

15:00 concede another

20:00 worldie save from Alisson

25:00 wake up for 3 minutes

43:00 wake up for another 3 minutes

2nd half

45:00 play OK against a well drilled defence for 5 minutes

55:00 poor tackle from Thiago

60:00 Elliott/Gakpo sub

75:00 Henderson/Milner/Fabinho sub

80:00 concede 3rd against the run of play

90:00 curse additional 6 minutes of misery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Would you stop, winning the PL after 30 years buys him plenty of time, anyways you wont see the Anfield crowd turn on him anytime soon.

• Advertisement

Klopp won't be sacked and he won't walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Any idea why Klopp refused to answer a question from James Pearce in the post match conference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Klopp refusing to answer James Pearce's question is the biggest win all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I don't remember him writing anything that controversial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm not afraid of Klopp being sacked, I'm more worried that he would walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Mentality monsters no more unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Augme

Klopp should absolutely stay until the end of the season. A new manager won't get fourth and we won't be relegated. At this stage I'd rather give Klopp a chance to turn it around then keep most of these players and except them to turn it around for another manager.

IMO, Pearce has hardly once criticised FSG who have made Klopps job incredibly harder than it should be, and Pearce even had the audacity to suggest that Klopp is responsible for the glaring holes in the squad, holes that Pearce claimed didn't exist only 6 months ago. More power to Klopp I say - I'm reminded of how Fergie treated similar idiots in the media.

Who in fairness would want him sacked? Anyone with an ounce of football intelligence would not want him gone and anyone wanting him gone are deluded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I recall he had a run in with him previously but can't remember what it was about.

• Advertisement

Can anyone answer why a team crying out for pace & legs spent there whole Janabudget.on the slowest wide forward we possibly have ever seen in our club

WTF was Klopp thinking its bizarre decision after bizarre decision this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Thud

FSG not providing budget for a midfielder(s) during the window has probably wiped a lot more value off their asset. A non CL club with major issues is a lot less of an attractive proposition for buyers.

The Glazers must be delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Considering the entire recruitment team are **** off because they are marginalized it's a reasonable assumption that klopp wanted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

There is a poster in here who keeps saying he doesn't want him sacked yet keeps making post after post saying how he should be sacked. Confusing altogether.

The beef with The Athletic could also be about them reporting on Klopps living arrangements during the summer of 2020 while his missus was in Germany - eitherway, it was very tabloid of The Athletic to even mention it in the first place.

Last season, The Unbearable's

This season D'Unbelievables

From machines to sit-abouts , with no explanation as to the why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭jones

There's enough blame to go around between klopp, the owners, the players, pep and whoever else. This team is done, I've never seen a team disintegrate so quickly but it's happened and anyone who thinks this can be turned around is fooling themselves.

The issues are plain to see, the lack of investment or investment in the wrong area, an aging team that gave it all last season and basically failed on the two big occasions (even the two cup wins had elements of luck), the dog in the street seeing our midfield had issues and not to mention the team crippled with injuries that at this point has to have an element of negligence about it. Maybe a team doctor would help? Klopp's tactics have been laughable and he's basically been doing a variation of the same thing all season and it's never worked - definition of madness? The list of problems is endless.

I can't believe I'm still seeing comments about top 4 being "difficult" we'll be very lucky to finish in the top ten nevermind top 6 and maybe that's what we need.

IMO we need a new direction, basically a full reset and I don't think Klopp can give it at this point. Even if he is backed financially in the summer I just can't see it. He's a legend and we owe him so much but I think his race has been run. My guess is he'll walk in the summer if not before. Difficult times to be a Liverpool supporter and it's a long way back to where we were not so long ago.

The last time I heard this argument we downgraded from a League and European Cup winner and got Roy Hodgson.

But let's be having you then - what manager with the same pedigree as Klopp is gonna come to a sh*tshow of a club with no money, an ageing squad in need of overhaul, and fans who demand instant success?

I'm all ears..

• Advertisement

What were the living arrangements? Did Klopp move a chap in or something 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

We have been spoiled for the last 5 or 6 years . Nobody likes losing but this Klopp hasn't a clue and the players don't care malarky needs to stop. The man has enough credit in the bank to be given a chance to rebuild the team in the summer. If we are still in free fall at christmas next year then fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Some context around the question above about why Klopp refused to answer a question from Pearce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

To be fair, if you post literally nothing but unending toxic vitriol, you may end up right every once in a while.

I dont have a problem with Nunez being in the squad, he’s a major handfull for teams to deal with and works his balls off, but he was well overpriced. Even with that he’s one of our better performing players this season. Whenever we can, I want to see Diaz Jota Mo though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah that's the problem I've no clue who could come in and rebuild but I still think we need a fresh start and more importantly I think it's going to happen one way or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

We'd want to get used to this section of the table, because when another couple teams become state owned this is where we will possibly - or probably - end up every season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's always the managers fault, Rafa ran out of town for Roy **** hodgson. Be careful what you wish for, we were blessed to get Klopp day one. You do not become a busted flush overnight.

Exactly,anyone looking for klopp to be sacked would want a nice quiet word with themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The reality of it is, if Klopp is gone tomorrow morning, there is a large chance that the manager for the rest of the season is Pep Ljinders - the man who many people already has far too much influence over playing style, team selection and recruitment as it is.

Personally, I'd be looking to get a new number 2 in it and try mix it up that way before even thinking about Klopp's position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Klopp needs to go back to the drawing board, take a short term view and change tactics accordingly for the short term, he still seems to be operating under the illusion that we are a top team, sending the team out with the same tactics all season despite clearly not working. He seems incapable of changing tactics, we saw this before at the start of 2021 when we had the defensive crisis, kept ploughing ahead with the same tactics and team formation despite not having the players available to do so, instead of adjusting tactics according to the players that were available at the time, it was only when some players came back from injury that we started playing well again.

Unless Klopp decides to take a short term view and temporarily change tactics, things will get even worse and we could get sucked into a relegation battle. We should try becoming more compact, pack the midfield, play counter attacking football; Salah and Nunez are two of the fastest players in the league, use that to our advantage. We need grafters in the team, players who'll put in the effort, for that reason, I'd give Phillips a run at CB, he's a steady player who'll give his all, the Everton match would probably suit him. In the short term we need to be more pragmatic, lower our expectations, forget about top 4 or challenging for European places, the priority should be to stop the freefall and try to get things back on track before the end of the season.

If Klopp doesn't change tactics soon, we are facing our worst league campaign in over 60 years; We haven't finished lower than 8th in over 60 years, at the moment even finishing in the top half looks beyond us.

Completely agree Girly gal. I'd go three CBs with Nat in the centre. Put Mo up top and use Darwin as a link from midfield. Keep it compact and hard to break down, play for the draws. 1 point and a clean sheet is better than nothing.

I think people are sleeping on how bad we actually are right nke

Under Hodgson we where never as bad as we have been since Christmas & that was with a far worse squad

3 away leauge games 3-1,3-0,3-0,

The 3 -1 & first 3-0 could have been far worse score lines

Why have we continued to play the exact same way & its utter madness

We aren't even competing in games we are bing blown away,

He's built up a lot of credit but he's been absolutely awful for a couple of months now,

Klopp is getting nothing from this team for months now , We keep having a weeks worth of training only to start games like nobody is bothered or wants to be there ,

It's been utterly woeful

It's the hardest thing in football to '' go again'' , it's hard when you win the big trophies, but it's so much harder when you just miss out on them. The mental fear of putting absolute everything into every game, like we did last season, and for it to bring no rewards again. Of course the big teams counter this by spending when you're on top, something Klopp can't do, he can't wield the axe like Pep does, or Alex did, they massive names/ first teamers those two cast to the side is an example of how you must manage a winning club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

Heard a great stat from Gabby Agbonlahor last week, not sure if I posted it here. Klopp was at Mainz and Dortmund 7 years and left. He is with Liverpool 7 years - think its just his time scale with clubs. But I obviously hope he turns this around the chap is a legend

Edit - I do know Gabby is one the least liked talksport lads but he might be onto something

• Advertisement

OK he has been awful for a couple of months,but what about the last 7 years,does that count for anything. You were looking for klopps head as well in 2021 when we went through a rough patch.

Nobody is denying that a major rebuild is necessary but anyone not wanting klopp to do it is not a Liverpool supporter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Those calling for Klopp to be sacked who would take over?

Well according to some on here things weren't as bad under Hodgson so maybe............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

Everyone wants klopp to get things right obviously. But what league position do we need to be in to say "yeah now we are 10th that's low enough - he should go"

Klopp is a legend but something must be up at the club - could be as simple that the players just don't want to do the running for him any more

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

FSG are too tight with their money to sack klopp. Cost them too much. If klopp goes it will be his choice.

In terms of a replacement it won't be a big name, again for financial reasons. They would want too much money and they'd more than likely bring their team. An up and coming type manager would be an awful lot cheaper and easier to control.

• Advertisement
Advertisement