Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just that it would be a really nice night and a big turnaround. Ideal really and I’d question that if it was real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fabulous take, turn, and run there again.

Not too surprising really that it's taken a couple of weeks for a lad moving to a new league in a new country to get up to speed. Another example that maybe it's good for us to have a bit of patience with lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The more I see Bajcetic the more he reminds me of Gerard when he was 18. Hopefully he keeps progressing and someday we refer to him as Stevie B.

Great to have Diogol and Fun Bobby's songs get an airing, with both actually on the bench to play a part at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Reminds me more of 2005/06 Alonso, thought a level below him to be fair. Very calm and composed in possession.

I know it’s a derby and the players will naturally be more fired up for it, but this performance absolutely must be the standard going forward. There’s no excuse not to be playing with this intensity each week.

Rafa's song getting a blast 😅

Interesting to see how our midfield is playing... could see this game being a trial run for the Madrid game. Fab is playing even deeper than a regular 6 a lot of the time, often almost like an extra CB, with Bajcetic doing most of the breaking up in midfield. Takes the pressure off Fab, and we've looked more solid and organised than we have in ages as a result.

Things being that one level deeper has given Gakpo some room to drop into at times and pick up the ball as well, which has suited him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I was afraid Kloop would be smoothing the lads leaving the field with those hugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Bajčetić is a lock for motm surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's as close to the 343 that some people have been asking for as we've gotten

By the book Doucoure should be off, clear yellow foul then thumps the ball away well after the whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Lovely shithousing from robbo

Robertson did absolutely nothing there, entirely Pickford storming out to give him a dig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Fans shouting for Big Div. Those were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Handbags at noon see loads of players who do that but hey its a derby. Robinson should have walked away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Everton with dirty fouls and no cards and Robbo a card for that lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Does Coady not get a card for grabbing Robbo by the neck there??

Telling some people seem to be missing tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Robertson's reaction was hilarious - he just burst out laughing at Pickford's pathetic bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

The irony of Pickford getting angry at timewasting tactics. I loved Robbo just laughing in his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

He got booked for the ball being kicked away and not for the foul, after Grey wasn't penalised for a 3 footed lunge. Referee has let away a lot of petty niggly sh1t all evening and it's culminated in that handbags crap with a Pickford and Coady. No one got hurt yet, but no thanks to the referee.

We've been better tonight without being brilliant. Good to see a few bodies like Bobby and Jota back, Virgil on the bench /bouncer too, so who knows.... I said it before I'd NEVER write this team off, top 4 here we come 😂

Caresmo of utd got a straight red and 3 match ban for grabbing Hughes of Fulham by the throat.

He's already on a yellow, and I'd say with the score as it is the ref doesn't want things to kick off any more than they already have with a sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement

Not sure I've seen much more pathetic than Pickford trying to force a smile when he realised Robertson was making a fool of him and wanted to pretend he was just taking the píss too

Some ball from Elliott up the line to Milner there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Nice to get a win hopefully can get a run of good results going now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

That'll do donkey, that'll do.

• Advertisement

Probably the most comfortable 2-0 win I’ve seen from us in a long time.

Bajcetic owns his spot in the team after that, I’d be very comfortable seeing him start against Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Good to get some goals and try build some momentum.

Best thing about tonight was the return of energy, intensity, counter pressing & counter attacking. Green shoots there. Nunez looks like he has that dog in him and prepared to dig in. Bajcetic composed abd enjoying being a bit higher up the pitch.

Nice to get a few bodies back on the pitch too.

Relief for Gakpo, and relief for Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Quite a few moments this evening where one of the midfielders would put in a tackle, not win the ball but knock it loose, and have another of the midfielders mop it up. It was a midfield performance munch more reminiscent of our league winning season where their job was entirely workhorse and there to facilitate the fullbacks supporting the attack.

This is by no means a "back to our best" post, but I hope this midfield (not necessarily the personnel but the positioning) is the blueprint moving forward this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

It would make you mad comparing tonight to the dire, incepid s**te we have seen the last few months. Like what the hell has been going on?? It will only mean something tho if this is maintained for the remainder of the season!

Yup, I wasn't sure about him for the Madrid game - but tonight was transformative for him. He went from a good tidy player to someone who ran the show. And as much as I've given out about Fabinho, he looked better in his new position tonight with a lot less responsibility. His reading of the game is still good, so dropping deeper and letting Bajcetic handle all those step-out interceptions gives us an extra defensive safety net.

I think that almost-sweeper role, and actually just regular CB should be Fabinho's positions from now on. Can't handle a regular 6 role, but still has something to offer in less dynamic roles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Saw comments that we need 3 midfielders. Let's say that's true, you can guarantee that FSG would consider Bajcetic as 1 of the 3 needed. That means I think at most 2 midfielders come in in the summer. I'm kinda bracing myself for 1.....

Bajcetic was signed as a CB. That's some great coaching and development to have him playing in midfield now.

He was the last youth player to come in before the Brexit rules and it was between Liverpool / Man Utd to sign him. A nice win to get the player in as he looks like he can becomes a really good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

I really hope they do go down. Such a dirty team of filth

Sounds like Mo really enjoys playing with Darwin, was very positive about him in the post-game interview. Bajcetic speaking very well for an 18 year old in his second language.

• Advertisement

To think, if Tarkowski's header was another inch inside the post we could all be dooming about an 85% possession 0-1 loss to a Sean Dyche Everton right now, fine margins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Great confidence boost. Fingers crossed we can kick on.

Definitely need two or three midfielders. Don't want the same to happen to Baj that has happened to all the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Happy enough with the performance and result, looked a lot more like our old selves. If we can beat Newcastle this weekend we are right back in the hunt for top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nice interview from Gakpo there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So good to see Klopp happy 😁

With all the moaning about the Argentina goal at the World Cup where the subs were on the pitch would the Everton goal have stood as technically one of the subs was standing on the pitch for the corner 😁

Back on track. Much improved performance. Wasn't someone in here happy to take a draw last night? Ridiculous. Enough said on that....

Great atmosphere too.

Newcastle up next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Very optimistic about Newcastle now with Bajcetic playing higher up the pitch. The commentary was spot on that it suits him a lot better then a deep lying midfielder as he can use his energy a lot more and is less restricted on his movements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Advertisement