Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Lads Bajcetic won't make it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Send him out on loan, he's too young.

Gakpo was fairly fast tonight, considering he has no speed.

Nunes had a fine assist for Salah and looked fairly sharp.

Pickford was a bit of a laughing stock - yet again - Love Robbo !!

Lots of positives.

Happy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would be nice to beat an out of sorts Newcastle , keep some momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Great to finally get a win and a decent performance too, hopefully we can build on this and savage something from the season. The performances over the last few weeks really were unacceptable, but, I won't mind losing the odd game if we can keep performances to at least tonight's level. All I want to see is an honesty of effort and players giving their all. A long road back, hopefully this is the first step

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I decided in the first 10 minutes that Bajcetic isn't good enough to play at this level!!!

🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭jones

Well I did not see that performance coming. Wow it was like things just clicked again, the hunger, targeted running, midfield actually operating as a unit. Now how much of that is to do with Everton being **** and us finding some of our mojo back who knows.

The Newcastle game is huge now could define our season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Bit better last night,but I think that's because Everton are really really poor,huge test against Newcastle coming up,our 2 goals were well taken but were 2 break away goals,other then those 2 chances we never looked like scoring, robbo,and the young lad who's name I can't say did well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,844 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Decent win nice to see intensity back

People going a bit overboard but that's par for the course , Everton where appalling last night ,

Thankfully we got a bit of luck with there header off the post an inch the other side & the whole game would have changed ,

At home to Everton the fans where never going to let the team give anything but 100% , So next weekend will shows us if we are on the way back to form or it was just a one off given the circumstances ,

Robbo was great & set the tempo, Gomez,Trent , Hendo & Salah all looked great ,

Gakpo looks like he has something as a false number 9 ,

Bajcetic was very goods but again people going over board , lets give the lad a chance , Lets not forget Jones has looked like a world beater in this fixture before but he does look promising

Nuunez played well but I feel last night left us with more questions about him , what will we do with him with everyone fit, Gakpo & Bobby seem better choices as a 9 but then Diaz will be better choice as a LW , What is the plan going forward with Nunez,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I like Bajcitic, talented kid who has done well. However, let's not get carried away. He's been OK but it's a sign of how poor the rest of our midfield has been performing that his performances have looked really good, he's been a line shining light in a dark place.

Last night was another step up in performance, but against a poor Everton side. I'd caution against too much hype to be honest. Ha looks very promising though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We had 15 shots, 6 on target. Nunez, Salah, and Gakpo all had good chances missed. Thought there was plenty more created than just the 2 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I know quoting yourself is a bit much, but I wanted to highlight this again now the match is over. Liverpool fans saved lives and there was no evidence for the reprehensible claims that it was caused by ticketless fans. Those aren't my words, they're from the independent, UEFA commissioned report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I assume all those posters in the CL thread who blamed Liverpool will be posting their sincere apologies shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

We know this we also know those fans who blamed Liverpool fans will not say anything about it now and just ignore it, there minds are made up as per usual.

Ah yeah, it's only saying what we all believed, but it's still nice to see how definitive the official report is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

It goes without saying but last nights performance will mean noting if it’s not matched this weekend against Newcastle. It’s not actually the result ill be more focused on this weekend (although a win would obviously be sweet), but the focus has to be on the players to see if they bring the same energy as last night. If we go back to the insipid crap of the last few weeks with absolutely no energy then there’s something wrong with that group of players as they obviously still have it in them but for whatever reasons are not producing. Salah pointed out last night in his post-match interview that Bajcetic has been our best player in recent months. Well the main reason for that is he has been the only one actually showing a willingness to get about the place and as Roy Keane would say, “do his job” the last few months. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Until we beat Newcastle with a good performance I'm not getting excited, too many false dawns this season where we think we have turned a corner but the optimist in we says that felt different last night, really clicked.

Agree, performances going forward need to be at least up to last night's level, Everton were poor, but, there was energy and desire in that performance, it's the least we should be expecting, don't mind losing if we put in a decent performance, but, the insipid displays lately have been hard to stomach. Hopefully this is the turning point in our season, still lots to improve on, but, encouraging signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My face when I see a certain poster telling people not to over react.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Funny how Klopp talked after the game, as if all our troubles are over, nothing to see here, that is the feeling after such a game, and such a performance, but it's not a lot of good if we go back to the same type of performance we've seen all season, against Newcastle

• Advertisement

The rules really do baffle me sometimes, 9 days between these two incidents, 3 game ban for Casemiro, not even a yellow for Coady.

Guardiola apologised to Stevie G for his "did we make Gerrard slip" comment

Fair play (I guess 😋)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Pep is feeling the stress.

Has a meltdown any time his team isn't walking the league.

An auld dodgy VAR call against him Wednesday night should see him blow his top altogether.

Much as I hate defending that lot, I do think they're different. Coady had one hand on the side/back of Robbo's neck, not the same as two hands on the front

My biggest issue with it all was Robbo getting booked. I hate it when a ref just gives one yellow each way, it's basically admitting they don't really know what happened but want to look like they're diffusing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Nah, he crossed it because he hadn't heard the whistle 😉

I'll agree it's stupid, but what he did is rarely a booking and I don't think it would have been if Pickford hadn't tried to act the hard man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'll take beating Newcastle with a **** performance.

We need to string a few decent performances together if are to savage anything from this season, if we have a poor performance against Newcastle ( even if we win), it won't be a good sign for the rest of the season. Normally I'd agree that the result is more important, but, I think the performance against Newcastle is likely to set the tone for the remainder of the season. We've had enough poor performances this season to last a lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

How would one get a ticket for the home game against Forest at the end of April? I'm not a member, but is there a website that allows members to sell their unwanted tickets etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I got tickets to the Napoli CL home game on Stub Hub. Was expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

How was your ticket presented, is the phone scan the only way now? I'm so behind times.

Without being a member you won't get them through the club. There may be a resale nearer the time of unused season ticket seats, but it'll be very limited, I wouldn't bother getting membership just for that

You could get hospitality, just looked and there's plenty available by the look of it. It's a rip off, at least £400, but it's through the club so it's zero risk

Otherwise, as mentioned above, it's the likes of StubHub I'm afraid. Fanpass have tickets for £220. It's not official so I'd take it to be a little risky, but we've used it a couple of times and had no issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Never heard of that so out of curiosity I googled it. Good god the prices !

Yep, it's obscene. And it's illegal to resell football tickets in the UK, I don't know why they're allowed to get away with it but they clearly are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Did Trent not get credited for the assist for Gapko goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It took a deflection on the way through, which may stop it counting. Seems fantasy premier league and transfermarkt etc didn't give it to him anyway. I guess it needs to be a direct pass for them to give the credit.

I still just can't get over the pace of Gakpo. For both goals - but especially the first - it looks like he's at 3/4 pace, but is just gliding past everyone else on the pitch. Effortless speed. Hopefully we see a lot more of that, as he'd previously looked a bit of a slouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭McFly85

It’s worth noting with StubHub that games over 2 weeks out are going to be much more expensive. The closer it gets to the game the cheaper they tend to be(unless there’s actually very few resale tickets).

If you’re looking for a match ticket to a fairly normal game it’s better to wait until as late as possible to get tickets. Couple of years back got tickets to Burnley for £90 each that ended up being premium level. When originally looking it up while booking flights they were over £300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,844 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Worth taking into account the Everton player running back where , Coady (2( no idea how he is only that but he is soooo slow) Coleman 34 ,Gueye 33 & McNeil who is average pace,

To be fair Everton made a meal of it , Coady went way to far over to back up Gueye & Pickford positioning is just hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Season-defining 7 days coming up. Beat Newcastle and Real Madrid and I'm officially starting to believe again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I believe already. Game on. Getting a 6 pack and a dominos for next Tuesday then going to enjoy my night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This...

My local pub does a quality stonebaked pizza, I haven't darkened the door of a Domino's or Apache pizza in around 6 years

If we can beat Newcastle this weekend it will be a huge message to the league, I don't see it personally but I do like getting proved wrong and made eat humble pie...

I hope we can build on the Everton match, we have to, simple as...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Just reading the General Thread now after the Arsenal-City game. Its funny absolutely everyone fuming over the constant fouling city players get away with and the clear advantage city have with their financial doping. Of course there wasn't a beep out of them when we went toe to toe with city the last few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

It's almost like they are new tactics....Silva tonight was hilarious really.

This thread is gone to the dogs, last few posts all about Pizza and Humble, Pie.... Sort it out lads 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Ah sure its only come to light recently with the new FA charges, if they'd known back then they surely would have been condemning them too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Exactly.

The shift from breakfast discussion to dinner chat is extremely worrying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement