Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Back in May this happened again Guelor Kanga of Gabon (originally from Congo) & Red Star Belgrade was put under investigation from the CAF

He declared he was born in 1990 (his passport states this) but his mother "reportedly" died in 1985

Gabon could face suspension from AFCON2022 ,

Not sure whats happened since May ,

Its also happened recent history in Indian with Mukhi

We know it's an issue in some countries with decentalised or unorganised national registration infrastructures - but my point is that when it's raised with players born and raised in European countries with fully functioning record keeping and tracking, it's seemingly only ever Black players accused.

More on the Liverpool side, all these links to midfielders - does that point towards a position the club are actively and vigorously looking to fill, or is it just an easy one for newspapers to see Gini leaving and then throw every conceivable midfield name at us in a 2+2=5 kind of way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    We know it's an issue in some countries with decentalised or unorganised national registration infrastructures - but my point is that when it's raised with players born and raised in European countries with fully functioning record keeping and tracking, it's seemingly only ever Black players accused.

More on the Liverpool side, all these links to midfielders - does that point towards a position the club are actively and vigorously looking to fill, or is it just an easy one for newspapers to see Gini leaving and then throw every conceivable midfield name at us in a 2+2=5 kind of way?

Newspapers and websites is my guess. Liverpool don't leak, we know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When you have Pearce doing a fluff piece on Neuhaus on how he would suit Liverpool as well as saying Liverpool are interested in McGinn but not at Villa's that has to be coming from the club.

Sanches had been linked since Christmas so it's nothing new with the Euro's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Personally i have never heard of any other European born players been accused ,that doesn't mean it happened

The sole reason for Sanches case coming up was because his birth was not registered until he was 5 , His parents where both emigrants & there was a misunderstanding with the process its claimed ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Sanches had been linked since Christmas so it's nothing new with the Euro's.
    Wasn't that report in December dismissed by the club at the time? I remember reading something about it on the Echo website.

Konate not named in the French Olympic squad.

No players going to the Olympics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Personally i have never heard of any other European born players been accused ,that doesn't mean it happened

The sole reason for Sanches case coming up was because his birth was not registered until he was 5 , His parents where both emigrants & there was a misunderstanding with the process its claimed ,

So that would make him 28, at least until he's 29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Great stuff, most probably know already but I only read during the week that Salah, Mane and Keita will only miss the FA Cup 3rd round, Brentford (H) and Palace (A) for the AFCON. If either get to the final they'll could miss/be on the bench for Leicester which is 3 days after the AFCON final. That's a decent slice of luck, those are close to the fixtures we'd pick for them to miss if we had a choice.

It's amazing how we can compete really when you look at city ready to drop £200m+ on Grealish & Kane and Man U ready to give Sancho £350k a week, Varane wants to join them now as well on what's being reported £400k a week.

Liverpool pay top money but the above money is well beyond all but 6 clubs in the world.

Yeah, seems it's unfortunately a pretty common thing at all levels of the game in Europe. Lukaku's Mom has talked about having to bring his birth cert to matches. And throwing out baseless accusations about Black English players lying about their ages was amongst the many things Peter Beardsley was banned from football for.

• Advertisement

Just reading there that the club will sort out new contracts for Ali, VVD & Fab before moving for the next new signings.

West Brom are in for Wilson so I wonder could we do Wilson plus a bit of cash for Pereira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

When you have Pearce doing a fluff piece on Neuhaus on how he would suit Liverpool as well as saying Liverpool are interested in McGinn but not at Villa's that has to be coming from the club.

There is some suggestions that the McGinn to Liverpool story in the Athletic was fed by Aston Villa. Sort of buttering up Villa fans to losing Grealish, but how they 'fended off Liverpool to keep McGinn' and can save some face in that sense.

Maybe the injury prone **** isn't good enough for the squad 😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Oh f**k this s**t, we're not after buying another one.

Shakes fist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I see SSN are reporting the key points of Rafa's contract have been agreed with Everton. Great news for everyone in Liverpool, well almost everyone.

I'm glad for him although they'll be more difficult than usual next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Great for Rafa and his family and not so great for the Blues who all hate him.

He'll do well I expect but obviously I hope he gets them relegated.

It's not going to end well.

However Rafa will get a nice pay day when he is sacked.

I don't believe he's good at the man management, arm around the shoulder kind of managing. He'll be going there amid huge negativity from the fan base, if things don't go well he could lose the dressing room very quick if he even wins them over in the first place and I'd still back him to do ok.

• Advertisement

The perfect appointment for Everton, in my opinion.

He'll whip them into shape and has always had an eye for a good player. Everton haven't been shy about spending money, unfortunately for them it's largely been on muck.

He's very thick skinned. When he managed Chelsea they booed him from the first game. He didn't care and won them the Europa Cup and a third place finish. Not bad for an interim manager :)

I have a feeling Everton fans won't appreciate him and would rather a lesser manager. Football fan logic is mental sometimes, but there you go.

He's an absolute hero of a manager, and person in general for his Hillsborough support. If he went on to manage Utd I wouldn't even care a jot.

I see Arsenal are reported to be seeking info on Coutinho’s fitness before making a bid. I’d like to see Phil back in the Premiership and I think the way Arsenal play will be a good fit. But it’s a tale of how a players stock can fall when he leaves a team on the way up for one on the way down. Klopp told him if he stayed Liverpool would build a statue of him, I wonder if he had him time again would he stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,664 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Why am I seeing Mbappe to liverpool all day. Surely click bait with no substance?

cj maxx wrote: »
    Why am I seeing Mbappe to liverpool all day. Surely click bait with no substance?

Yeah I'd say so... like, it's great to talk about and stuff, but in reality we couldn't afford half his wages, let alone the fee. Even with just a year left on the contract he'd still be over 100m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,664 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah I'd say so... like, it's great to talk about and stuff, but in reality we couldn't afford half his wages, let alone the fee. Even with just a year left on the contract he'd still be over 100m.

Yeah it was €+120 million + €400 k per week in wages. !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's not an impossible transfer to imagine, even in 4 or 5 years he will have massive resale value. A player of his quality and marketability at such a young age is never available.

rob316 wrote: »
    It's not an impossible transfer to imagine, even in 4 or 5 years he will have massive resale value. A player of his quality and marketability at such a young age is never available.

He's gonna be offered 600k a week minimum, and I just don't see a world where we're spending that sort of money.

Neco on for Wales. Up against Damsgaard and Dolberg, both playing well... real uphill situation to come into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If he goes on a free next year, he'll probably get a million quid a week.

I think we have absolutely no chance whatsoever of signing him. It's totally out of kilter with how the club operates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He's gonna be offered 600k a week minimum, and I just don't see a world where we're spending that sort of money.

Neco on for Wales. Up against Damsgaard and Dolberg, both playing well... real uphill situation to come into.

Aaaand, he's unfortunately largely responsible for Denmark's second goal after an awful attempt at a clearance..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Wilson did nothing to increase his sale price in that cameo.

I do think Mbappe's transfer fee would be doable at the £100m mark, Where it wouldn't manageable is the wages.

Salah would have to be on matching wages and rightly so as he is proven over the last 4 season to be the best player in the squad and deserving of those kind of wages.

Mane & Bobby would have to be sold to cover his wages of those two and the transfer fee of Mbappe and I just don't see that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

To be honest the only way we are signing him is if he takes a pay cut in order to play for Liverpool and with Klopp. And the challenge of the premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

6 wrote: »
    I have a feeling Everton fans won't appreciate him and would rather a lesser manager. Football fan logic is mental sometimes, but there you go.

I don't know who they think they can get that is better than Rafa right now. They arguably had a better manager but he left as soon as he could when the door was left slightly open for him. Do they think another League winner and Champions League winning manager will go the their club? Maybe they think Zidane will head there.

That said rivalries don't always make sense, take United fans singing about people from Liverpool when their captain was...from Liverpool. People be thick I guess.

The club has accepted a bid from Basel for Liam Millar and he is close to agreeing personal terms according to the Echo this morning.

Lazio interested in signing Shaq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The club has accepted a bid from Basel for Liam Millar and he is close to agreeing personal terms according to the Echo this morning.

Never heard of him, how much are we getting?

Never heard of him, how much are we getting?

Canadian Under 21 winger another who was highly though of at under age level he was on loan at Charlton last season.

£2m is the price being reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Bayern letting him go because of his astronomical wage demands, can't see him being a realistic target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If anyone is bored. Watford vs Leicester in the 2013 Championship Semi finals is on Sky Sports. One of the most exciting matches i ever watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Vicxas wrote: »
    If anyone is bored. Watford vs Leicester in the 2013 Championship Semi finals is on Sky Sports. One of the most exciting matches i ever watched.

The finish to that match is the equal of anything.

Imagine being in the ground for that and being a Watford fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

DrumSteve wrote: »
    The finish to that match is the equal of anything.

Imagine being in the ground for that and being a Watford fan.
    Had to remind myself, but can't work out how I'd forgotten this! Dive for the pen too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Shaq, Hendo, Thiago & Mbappe the only Liverpool players remaining at the Euros now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Fitz* wrote: »
    Shaq, Hendo, Thiago & Mbappe the only Liverpool players remaining at the Euros now.

Alisson, Fabinho & Bobby all playing for Brazil now v Ecuador

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fitz* wrote: »

But sure we know Shaq won't be a liverpool player by the time next season starts!!!!!

Bobby played 65 minutes and Ali & Fab played the full game in Brazil's 1-1 draw with Ecuador in the Copa.

Brazil are into the knockout stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

that's fcuking appalling, even for Everton fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

gimli2112 wrote: »
    that's fcuking appalling, even for Everton fans

People's Club and all that.

Advertisement