Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You can say it's just one fan (or a few gob****es), but the entire reaction to him has been utterly unhinged from the fanbase.

He's better than they deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Dav010 wrote: »
    I see Arsenal are reported to be seeking info on Coutinho’s fitness before making a bid. I’d like to see Phil back in the Premiership and I think the way Arsenal play will be a good fit. But it’s a tale of how a players stock can fall when he leaves a team on the way up for one on the way down. Klopp told him if he stayed Liverpool would build a statue of him, I wonder if he had him time again would he stay.
    With the clickbait rumours speculation that Coutinho wants to return to Liverpool, imagine if Benitez unveiled him as his first signing at Everton! :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Gbear wrote: »
    You can say it's just one fan (or a few gob****es), but the entire reaction to him has been utterly unhinged from the fanbase.

Unfortunately something like that is one of the few things that would give him pause for thought in which case the idiots win. Agree it's just a small minority but still how unhinged do you have to be to put that outside a family home?

Shameful stuff.

Whoever left that doesn't deserve Rafa, a born winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

6 wrote: »
    Shameful stuff.

Whoever left that doesn't deserve Rafa, a born winner.

I totally agree, no need for it....

Sure remember Stevie was going to go to Chelsea?

His extended family were getting death threats and everything...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What the **** like? He hasn't managed Liverpool in over a decade, following on from Carlo he will be their most successful manager appointed in probably ever. He's a professional, he will fight for the fans there. They should be welcoming him with open arms. Get behind him, he could leave a legacy greater than he did at LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Gbear wrote: »

A large enough group of them lost their marbles over red decorations at Christmas! If Koeman stayed there any longer they'd have wanted him to dye his hair because it was too upsetting to look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Why don't they revel in it. They know if they beat us with him it'll hurt more. It's not like we feel he wasn't good enough for us and he's a cast off. He's one of our most loved ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

If this tournament is anything to go by we dodged a bullet not signing Caleta-Car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The right sided winger that played well for Leipzig against us a few months ago had a good finish to the game for Spain. He put in some very good deliveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This Mbappe lad would need to improve his finishing if he wants Klopp to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think we should just let Real Madrid sign Mbappe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We should start looking elsewhere for a new striker. Mbappé hasn’t the bottle to play for Liverpool, and that’s the reason we aren’t going to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

He just knocked a couple of hundred grand off his weekly wedge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Also, incredible stuff from the power cube again. He's having a good tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Delighted for Shaq. A great professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Mbappe stock is low now.

Buy the dip FSG, buy the dip!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Fitz* wrote: »
    Mbappe stock is low now.

Buy the dip FSG, buy the dip!!

As a Crypto enthusiast, I'm obligated to thank any post which says 'buy the dip'. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Plenty of reports online that Rafa to Everton is a done deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hendo and Can coming on at the same time....finally some decent players on the pitch ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

"Jurgen" celebrating with England fans outside Wembley :D

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1409956157305896960?s=19

"Jurgen" celebrating with England fans outside Wembley :D

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1410148490731212801

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

That is uncanny.

I'm struggling to see the any differences between Jurgen and this lookalike. I'm assuming it's a lookalike and not Klopp, right? Right?!

It has me rightly confused.

maybe he had a few cans watching the match and lost the run of himself. certainly pretending it is a lookalike and rigidly sticking to the story is an option, in those circumstances.

His loan ended today

Safe to say he likes his song.

https://twitter.com/ozankabak4/status/1410226554664280073?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

SM01 wrote: »
    That is uncanny.

I'm struggling to see the any differences between Jurgen and this lookalike. I'm assuming it's a lookalike and not Klopp, right? Right?!

It has me rightly confused.

Brilliant look a like but that fact hes swaning around in the summer time with his Liverpool gear on is a bit of a give away ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Brilliant look a like but that fact hes swaning around in the summer time with his Liverpool gear on is a bit of a give away ,

Fair play to him, I’d say he hadn’t had to buy a drink or worry about going home alone for the last few years :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

There's no way a German would spill that much beer :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

His loan ended today

Safe to say he likes his song.

https://twitter.com/ozankabak4/status/1410226554664280073?s=20

We'll probably by him in 3 years time for 70 mill! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

The late great Joe Fagan, gone 20 years. Imagine being born a stone’s throw from Anfield. Imagine winning the treble in your first season as manager. I love listening to his (rare) interviews. RIP Joe.

https://twitter.com/lfchistory/status/1410117269389299712?s=21

Joe Gomez got married.

Neil Jones who is pretty in the know.

Interesting if the club hold off for a year on Neto and Barnes who both would add to the squad.
    The midfielders looked at include Florian Neuhaus of Borussia Moenchengladbach, Brighton’s Yves Bissouma, Aston Villa’s John McGinn and Renato Sanches, who is enjoying something of a renaissance with both Lille and Portugal. Ajax teenager Ryan Gravenberch is another who has admirers within the Reds’ recruitment team.

Forward-wise, Liverpool like Ollie Watkins of Aston Villa and Pedro Neto of Wolves, though there will certainly be no deal for the latter this summer, on account of the serious knee injury the 22-year-old suffered back in April.

Leeds star Raphinha has been linked, though sources have told Goal there is nothing in those suggestions. The Brazilian does, however, share an agent with Reds midfielder Fabinho, and enjoyed an impressive debut campaign in the Premier League.

Ismaila Sarr of Watford was targeted in the past, but that interest appears to have died after Diogo Jota was recruited last September. Leicester’s Harvey Barnes is another with big admirers at Anfield, but would command the kind of fee that would rule him out of contention, this summer at least.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/konate-in-wijnaldum-out-how-liverpool-line-up-2021-22/15u228yvu423p1puyveuucy6bg

Mbappe not extending his contract.

Just keep the transfer spend modest this summer so we can get him next summer on a free**

**600k a week plus 50m signing on fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's purely to engineer a move to Real. He has no intention of moving to Liverpool. Real can't afford him now so this is how they're going to organise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Utd signing Sancho did get me thinking...

we may be in a somewhat precarious place in terms of our squad. our first eleven is honestly still just about as good as there is, with the Konaté signing being an excellent one as extra back up.

Utd have a ton of options up top now.
    City have a ton of options everywhere now.

Ole is still a problem for them IMO, as he doesn't seem to know how to change it up, but the quality of squad may just keep them fighting at the top end of the table, especially if they get a proper DM.

we know Klopp likes a small enough squad, but what would you like to see come in (realistically) so that we'd have enough for a sustained challenge.

for me, a Renato Sanches type to replace Gini, and another player to supplement the front three, at a minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

SlickRic wrote: »
    Utd signing Sancho did get me thinking...

we may be in a somewhat precarious place in terms of our squad. our first eleven is honestly still just about as good as there is, with the Konaté signing being an excellent one as extra back up.

Utd have a ton of options up top now.
    City have a ton of options everywhere now.

Ole is still a problem for them IMO, as he doesn't seem to know how to change it up, but the quality of squad may just keep them fighting at the top end of the table.

we know Klopp likes a small enough squad, but what would you like to see come in (realistically) so that we'd have enough for a sustained challenge.

for me, a Renato Sanches type to replace Gini, and another player to supplement the front three, at a minimum.

Signing a CM & CF is vital for us moving forward ,

Roman seems to be interested again so Chelsea will be a close to the top & United could be up there with 1 or 2 more signings

God knows what City are going to do but i suspect it'll be big

Win the Champions League this coming season and we might have a chance to get Mbappe :pac:

I'm going to miss :pac: when the new site kicks in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Win the Champions League this coming season and we might have a chance to get Mbappe :pac:

I'm going to miss :pac: when the new site kicks in.

What’s the new site?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What’s the new site?

Not new site as such but Boards is migrating to a new platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Some great memories in this video :)

Gary Mac probably my fave but don't think I've ever celebrated a goal more than Benayoun against Fulham, first time as a fan I thought we were genuinely gonna win the league.

• Advertisement

actually thanked the post before I watched it. The second Newcastle 4-3 game when Fowler won it. A nothing game, 3-0 up at 1/2 time and cruising. When Robbie got the winner I lost my mind. Gary Mac was special though it may be my favourite ever season. The Mellor one too, right I've got to stop editing this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Not new site as such but Boards is migrating to a new platform.

What is happening with boards?? When is this due to happen?

GiftofGab wrote: »
    What is happening with boards?? When is this due to happen?

It was supposed to happen last month however technical issues happened.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058190406&page=13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This is another example of the club implementing a somewhat Chelsea approach to younger players coming in, loaned out & sold. Purely for profit and to bolster the transfer kitty.

https://twitter.com/dmlynch/status/1410927453200080901

I want Shaq to knock Thiago out tonight so Thiago gets to go on holidays and Shaq ups his transfer fee.

Shaq to captain Switzerland to night as well

Anfield dedicates players’ tunnel to season ticket holders
    Season ticket holders will feature on one of Anfield’s most important locations for the coming season.

The players’ tunnel will feature the names of over 27,000 season ticket and seasonal hospitality members when brand new artwork is installed this summer.

The names will form the shapes of the letters in two well-known club phrases – ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ on one side and ‘We Are Liverpool’ on the other. The tunnel will remain red with the names featured in white.

After a season without fans, the artwork is a celebration of their continued support and places their names right where the Reds walk out every home game.

Supporters who will feature on the wall have been notified and have until 5pm BST on Tuesday July 6 to let the club know if they do not wish to be part of the project. The Fan Services team can be contacted here.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/437177-anfield-dedicates-players-tunnel-to-season-ticket-holders

Andre Silva joining RB Leipzig from Frankfurt so I guess we sign him in two years now for twice the price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Into July & our first choice midfield 3 still aren't on their holidays

robwen wrote: »
    Into July & our first choice midfield 3 still aren't on their holidays

Thiago and Hendo haven't really played much

• Advertisement
Advertisement