Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Brighton would be where I'd like to see him land - team on the rise and they need a keeper with his skillset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sanchez is a pretty good keeper in fairness to him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Spurs. Lloris is done as a first choice keeper there.

Leister another option or possibly Leeds if Meslier moves on. I'm sure there'll be interest from some European clubs as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

He should have been starting for the cup games, strange it was taken from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Cup games fell at the wrong time for him with Liverpool trying to play themselves back into form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I don't think anything was taken from him... Klopp's always given the EFL cup to the backup (which Kelleher played in this year), but the FA cup has gone to the main guy as soon as things get at all serious. Was the same last year - Kelleher played the two first rounds against Shrewsbury and Cardiff in the FA Cup, but as soon as it got tougher, Alisson came in for the remaining 4 games. He just got unlucky that we had PL opposition right away this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

His contract runs until 2026, so the club could take the opportunity to butter up one of the big Portuguese clubs like Benfica with a two season loan. Their style of football would suit him and the Champions League exposure would have the added benefit of getting more eyes on his talent. It could also serve to build a pathway for players to move between the clubs.

Do Dortmund or Leipzig need a keeper? Cash plus Kelleher as part payment for Bellingham or Garvidol.

Leipzig are well stocked with keepers. Gulasci was displaced as #1 this season and they also have a crop of young players for the position.

Dortmund signed Kobel last year. He's around the same age as Kelleher and is Yann Sommer's understudy in the Swiss national team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Mike Gordon on his way back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is the investment secured, or are they calling off the search?

Either way, having him back running the club is a good thing. He has been involved in a lot of the good decisions down through the last few years.

Getting the new sporting director in, and player recruitment should be the primary focus now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Interesting... wonder what that means for investment so. He'd stepped away from the day to day to focus on bringing in investors - so does this mean they have something lined up, or that they've reconsidered looking for outside investment (or that there has been no interest)?

Not sure to be honest,being reported on twitter he is coming back because the club is no longer for sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

For a minute there I was hoping Mike Gordon was a hotshot midfielder coming back from a loan spell

Post edited by Cartman78 on

The way John Henry spoke about Mike Gordon in his recent interview I got the impression that the search for investors wasn't the actual reason why he stepped back from his position.

Mike remains fully committed to the club. He did take time off for a while this winter, but is a long way off from retirement.

Billy continues to be a driving force for the club. As CEO of the club, his remit is much larger than most people would think. Jurgen and Billy are a very strong combination and work very well together.

Apparently that Bournemouth goal almost straight from kick off last weekend was not anomaly and that they have done it before. Maybe they'll try it again tomorrow morning.

A lot of be said for fouling them straight away and forcing them to change it to a free kick and set from there.

Gary O'Neil has said that the routine used against Arsenal was only put together in training on Thursday. You're thinking of the routine they used in the Championship last season from which they scored one goal with six attempts.

PSG are one of the teams that have since replicated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

But surely all you have to do is drop the defenders back 10 metres for kickoffs. No need to go try foul right away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

I always hate us playing the early game on a Saturday. We never seem to play well at this time

Post edited by jones on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Today is very important to keep the momentum going, the lads should be confident after last Sunday (still can't believe that happened 🤣). Our record after big wins isn't great (9-0 versus Bournemouth earlier this season and the 7-0 versus Palace a few seasons back), and we never seem to play well in the early kick-offs. Bournemouth were unlucky against Arsenal last week so won't be as easy as it appears on paper, plus our record against teams in the bottom 3 this season is poor.

As great as last Sunday was, some of the shine will be taken off it if we fail to win today. Hopefully we get a comfortable win without any major drama and avoid picking up any injuries, just need to pick up the 3 points to maintain momentum and keep the pressure on the teams around us.

Yeah dread these early kick offs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The early kick-offs are especially crap when they're long distance like this. I assume the players travelled down last night but it definitely ruins their routine. Will be a horrible journey for our away fans too

The only positive is that, I think, the early games often suffer from poor atmospheres. Maybe that's a good thing for an away match...?

The scare that Bournemouth gave Arsenal last weekend should keep the Liverpool players & coaches on their toes too.

If Arsenal had given Bournemouth a routine 3-0 beating, then complacency could have set in, and the mindset we saw earlier in the season of just showing up and winning would have been present. That mindset doesn't result in winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Chance to move into the Champions League places, for a few hours anyway .

Should be a motivating factor for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,204 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Kelleher injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I should not be this confident but I think bajcetic and Elliot are going to run through them like a knife through butter and Darwin is going to have a field day.

4-0 Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Everything points to an easy win.

But I still remember Forrest away..

If you'd told me six weeks ago we could be fourth before Paddy's Day..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Spurs look to be in meltdown with Conte at the helm - if we win today and have a bit of a go in Madrid, we can go into the break with confidence

• Advertisement

Youthful midfield, it surprised me but after their recent performances (all 3 including Fabinho), I'm not worried. All 3 deserve their spot.

Attackers too.

Just get another win and see out this run of league games in great form before the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Right lads.....professional job required here. Forget about last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

This is a challenge if a different type. I don't like those big 7-8-9-0 scorelines, they can make lads complacent and give them a false sense of their greatness, and it's important to back up last week, unlike the recent 7 goal win over Palace and even early this year against Bournemouth.

The likes of Cody and Darwin have been proclaimed as the greatest things since last week, but thay have to ignore this BS and back it up this week.

Here we go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Early kickoff and that poxy jersey, this doesn't bode well.

Great clearance off the line from Lerma.

Blessed

Pass from Elliot looked ill advised from the get go, but sloppy from Trent into the center

Alisson knew what to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

That chance was all Trent's fault. Not being brave in the tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Got away with one there. One on one with Allison but he took it too wide.

Yea looked like he pulled out of it a little and gave away the ball because of it. In fairness he did get back onto the line after though but should be braver in the tackle.

Nice goal, apart from the offside

Plenty here for us if we keep this up

That's the most accurate shot I've seen by Robbo and it's saved..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Their RB has taken a dive every single time Darwin gets the better of him

I really wish Harvey would think more quickly on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If Robertson could score he be up for Ballon d'or every year.

Jaysus Trent

And, not to be overly harsh in quick succession, I wish he was a little less windy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

That shot from Trent ha ha ha

Come on

Never a foul

• Advertisement
Advertisement