Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

robwen wrote: »
    Into July & our first choice midfield 3 still aren't on their holidays

Fab has been rotated well, Hendo & Thiago have been bench players really.

I'd still prefer them to be on holiday however if they are going to be in a tournament this is the best result for them.

Glatzel has joined Tranmere on a season loan hopefully he is over his injuries now and start banging in the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

robwen wrote: »
    Into July & our first choice midfield 3 still aren't on their holidays
    Presumably the club's choice of replacement for Wijnaldum isn't either.

Another million added to Shaq's price :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Shaqiri > Mbappe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I can not wait for VVD to be back in the squad, always helps having the literal best defender in the world in your team... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fair play to Thiago he spent a lot of time consoling Vargas at the end of the shootout, the young lad looked distraught after missing a penalty.

You can see why Liverpool tried very hard to sign Doku the lad has lighting pace and would have fit in nicely in the 433 we play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

rob316 wrote: »
    Thiago and Hendo haven't really played much

Not playing the games but they are still training every day which has its mental & physical toll. Would rather them relaxing on the beach tbh. Really happy that TAA, Robbo, Mane & Salah are getting a few weeks off before pre-season starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No origi no party Belgium

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

You can see why Liverpool tried very hard to sign Doku the lad has lighting pace and would have fit in nicely in the 433 we play.

From the sounds of it he was a young lad who had no interest in playing for or living in Liverpool so no loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

What are the chances that Edwards is persuading Inter to gift wrap Barella? Given their financial issues it's the kind of approach you'd expect Liverpool to make. On the evidence of tonight's game he'd be a brilliant fit for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Talisman wrote: »
    What are the chances that Edwards is persuading Inter to gift wrap Barella? Given their financial issues it's the kind of approach you'd expect Liverpool to make. On the evidence of tonight's game he'd be a brilliant fit for Liverpool.

An Italian in Liverpool doing well. I'll believe it when I see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

An Italian in Liverpool doing well. I'll believe it when I see it

True... the fact that Borini is probably our most successful Italian transfer says a lot! Dossena had one really great week but that's about it, and the less said about Aquilani, Balotelli, and Padelli the better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ian Rush is about the only decent transfer we've had from Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

I was devastated when we sold him to Juventus for a enormous fee of 3.2M. Imagine that was a ridiculous fee at the time. I seem to remember he had a slow start back on his return.

I had Panini stickers on my headboard and collected only Liverpool stuff. The crest was a curse to get. Traded half my spares with a lad in school for it with your eyes at the back of your head in case the collection got slapped from your hands to the ground and everyone piled in to steal.

I’m getting old and the wine is gone to my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Salah and Becker say hello!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

mags1962 wrote: »

Brilliant😂😂

For sure! The Italian league hasn't been a problem, it's just Italian footballers that have underperformed for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

:o

Bobby played the first half as Brazil won 1-0 and move into the semi finals of the Copa.

Ali & Fab both unused subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

He's rotating his keeper for every game. Strange stuff but embarrassment of riches in that department. Weverton will get the semi and Alisson the final/third place game if he keeps doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    True... the fact that Borini is probably our most successful Italian transfer says a lot! Dossena had one really great week but that's about it, and the less said about Aquilani, Balotelli, and Padelli the better!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Aquilani's stats do not match the hate he gets. 18 league games 1 goal, 6 assists and a few of those 18 games were sub appearances.

Unfortunately his two biggest problems were his injuries and the fact he wasn't the same type of playmaker as Alonso.

Not saying he was brilliant but he had talent

plibige wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Aquilani's stats do not match the hate he gets. 18 league games 1 goal, 6 assists and a few of those 18 games were sub appearances.

Unfortunately his two biggest problems were his injuries and the fact he wasn't the same type of playmaker as Alonso.

Not saying he was brilliant but he had talent

He definitely had talent, but as a transfer it was a total disaster. I always wanted him to play more than he did, and to not keep getting loaned out - his pre-seasons were always good - but for whatever reasons behind closed doors it just didn't work at all.

I'm not sure he generates much hate... moreso just massive disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1411350379426729989?s=20

More outgoings, Edwards getting the kitty in order so we can buy Mbappe....

:pac:

Not bad £3m and a 20% sell on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Fair play to Thiago he spent a lot of time consoling Vargas at the end of the shootout, the young lad looked distraught after missing a penalty.

Honestly call me nuts but i always think thats nonsense, Your through i don't need you telling me it'll be ok,

An opposition player sticking around to make sure you are ok reaffirms that its a big f*cking deal that you missed

Maybe from the Roy Keane school of thoughts but just go enjoy yourslef and leave me be

From a human point of view nice to see Thaigo is a nice guy

The BBC have TAA on at half time while he is on holiday in Spain talking about the first half and showing off his new hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The BBC have TAA on at half time while he is on holiday in Spain talking about the first half and showing off his new hair.

Woeful haircut but sure once he is happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Not sure why they bothered! Absolutely nothing to say apart from the normal platitudes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He looks pretty different with dreads

https://twitter.com/FourFourTwo/status/1411415091749195778

Said he rehab is going well and that he'll be back for pre season

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thrilled for Hendo !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Hendo with a bullet header for England.

jebidiah wrote: »
    Hendo with a bullet header for England.

And his first too, you'd think in 60 odd caps he would've already found the net.

Honestly call me nuts but i always think thats nonsense, Your through i don't need you telling me it'll be ok,

An opposition player sticking around to make sure you are ok reaffirms that its a big f*cking deal that you missed

Maybe from the Roy Keane school of thoughts but just go enjoy yourslef and leave me be

From a human point of view nice to see Thaigo is a nice guy

Come off it now you crazy pistachio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Fieldog wrote: »
    I can not wait for VVD to be back in the squad, always helps having the literal best defender in the world in your team... :)

Literally counting down the days to the next time we last Everton. Oh we owe them the beating of all beatings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Literally counting down the days to the next time we last Everton. Oh we owe them the beating of all beatings!

don't they have a new manager?

• Advertisement

Ings turned down a contract extension with Southampton.

I'd take him back however I'd imagine he wants regular football week in week out.

Ings turned down a contract extension with Southampton.

I'd take him back however I'd imagine he wants regular football week in week out.

He'll end up at Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

IIRC, Liverpool inserted a 20% sell on clause into his transfer fee to Southampton, so it's definitely in their interests if he is sold this summer rather than leave on a free.

Might make negotiating a potential transfer a bit easier, if they were interested.

I'd have him back in a shot, you can see Klopp never wanted to sell him but he had some really bad injuries and needed games.

Instant upgrade on Origi. However, he wants games I'd imagine.

Plus, let's face it, he's injury prone.

I couldn’t imagine him settling for being a bit part player after performing so well.

• Advertisement

6 wrote: »
    Instant upgrade on Origi. However, he wants games I'd imagine.

Plus, let's face it, he's injury prone.

Couple of hammy injuries since he left Liverpool, missed about 20 games. Not bad to be fair

Dav010 wrote: »
    I couldn’t imagine him settling for being a bit part player after performing so well.

Apparently wants a champions league club, he'd wouldn't displace any of the Top 4 strikers so he would have to accept a bit part.

rob316 wrote: »
    Couple of hammy injuries since he left Liverpool, missed about 20 games. Not bad to be fair

Apparently wants a champions league club, he'd wouldn't displace any of the Top 4 strikers so he would have to accept a bit part.

I would think he would be more likely to get game time at both the Manchester clubs if they don’t sign Kane than he would at Liverpool or Chelsea. At the moment neither city nor united have a centre forward, I don’t think Cavani or Jesus will be their main striker.

Spurs or Vardy replacement at Leicester ,
    Also would be a good fit for Villa if Watkins left,

Spurs or Vardy replacement at Leicester ,
    Also would be a good fit for Villa if Watkins left,

Leicester would be the closest contender for me, Spurs will be closer to the bottom than the top of the league if Kane leaves. Didn’t they just sign some guy Liverpool were reported to be interested in though?

Dav010 wrote: »
    Leicester would be the closest contender for me, Spurs will be closer to the bottom than the top of the league if Kane leaves. Didn’t they just sign some guy Liverpool were reported to be interested in though?

Yeah, signing Daka kills any chance of Leicester bringing in Ings I'd say.

Think Ings would have a decent shout at plenty of the big teams, ourselves included. Bobby's not exactly been pulling up trees the past 2 years - could well see Ings getting plenty of games. He'd be the starting CF at Utd too, and for right now, Chelsea - though Chelsea will likely sign a top level option. City are the only club he'd be on the outs a bit I think, since he's just really not a Pep type of player - Kane fits them much better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement