Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

Ok tell me shut up but the table looks interesting - let's hope it's all the same tonight and west ham do us a favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Goal difference worth an extra point to Newcastle at this late stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Couple of two goal wins for us and two goal defeats for them and that's wiped out...

...oh, bloody hell, I'm getting my hopes up 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just seen that United have benched Maguire. No fair, that's cheating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The 'oddly specific' nature of the quoted prices is because like almost all transfers with a foreign player it is being done in Euros, but the Express doesn't accept that clubs and agents no longer deal with their beloved pound. At current exchange rates those figures are pretty much bang on €60M and €5M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Eddie Howe mentioned Liverpool in his post match interview, not even asked by interviewer, amateur😅 We're so in his head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Good lad de Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Looking like a decent day for Liverpool- can you believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is.. It happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Man Utd couldn't possibly fcuk up CL qualification.

Could they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

West Ham should've had a pen that half too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lads, it’s an outlandish thing to say I know, but we could still actually finish third. 😂

Paquetá is such a hard working quality midfielder, can see why WH paid 50m for him, that was a lot

Check complete in 2 seconds, it took 2 minutes to try their best to make the Brentford goal legit yesterday, even though it was wide right on the half way line, and he was 2 yards off. A close call here is waved away in seconds with no lines or replay

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

5th still the most likely outcome but damn it, I'm starting to get my hopes up!

What a terrible signing Wout Weghorst has been. It's one thing to bring in a guy like that as temporary squad filler like we did with Arthur, but the guy has played 26 games since January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Rice would be the perfect replacement for Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Fergie time at end of Utd game now. They still have a game in hand. I can't see 4th happening but it's definitely looking like squeeky bum time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Win the last 3 games and were in the top 4, we are catching one of them. United are absolute muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Before today I couldn't see what two occasions utd would drop points if they lost today.

Mostly because Wolves and Bournemouth are safe.

They didn't look great today though.

On the other hand, Newcastle have harder games on paper for me but that goal difference..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

In Moyes we trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

And then Brighton catch us... Don't do it to yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Also, this has been the least convincing six game winning streak in terms of performance

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

All day long and a home grown player who would protect TAA in that new role

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good weekend of results. Keeps it interesting for a while longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Never doubted you Toby!

Brighton play teams in a fight, Everton, Arsenal, Newcastle, Southampton, City, Villa . I can't see them getting involved in the race for 4th. They'll get many results though, but not all wins, no way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If w ecould only switch Brighton's run in for united's :)

We're as unlikely to get 4th as we are 6th. I just don't see either of them dropping enough points to be caught based on their schedules.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

United have lost 9 games now, and they're calling it a great season, Liverpool have lost 9 games also, we're calling it a dam awful season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Brighton aren't going to beat each of Newcastle, Man City & Arsenal.

We need them to beat Newcastle though.

As I said a few weeks ago, win all our games and the chance is on as both Man Utd & Newcastle were going to drop points. The Spurs - Newcastle game was a blow but who knows now with them. Pressure is on and they've never been here before. Man Utd have the fixtures but don't have the legs. 2 losses in a row. Anything can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm still sceptical, but you never know. The pressure is on them.

Just to ease up on that a bit. It's all about where each team came from last season. CL is vital to Utd's team building ambitions. I'm unsure why we think it's not as important for us in building a new team. Maybe a bit of goodwill for the last few seasons.

One of the Utd thread regulars has been saying all season that their season is not good at all and their position in the table is really as a result of other teams drop off. Your stat above I think labels that point.

To give you credit, you did say a long time back we would be fighting for third/fourth instead of further away. I thought you were nuts when you said it but here we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Leicester will be a really difficult game. Need to improve in recent performances to get a win there. I hope they win tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It be so wonderful if we actually got top four and funny as f**k

Pressure back on us now, both Newcastle and United play before us in next round of games, while we play in 8 days times. They'll both win and put pressure on, Man u at home to Wolves, they won't lose that, Newcastle away to Leeds, that is tricky but can be won. Wolves bottom of away table, no hope they'll do anything. Leeds equally as bad at home as away, hoping Big Sam can get a result out of Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Win all our games is the biggest issue, results have been better than performances imo so I am not convinced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Funny as fvck is right!

I thought weeks ago that if we won all of our (at the time) 9 games we'd scrape 4th, it was miracle territory and it still kinda is, but it's not over until it's over, as anyone who has followed this team should know. It's the hope that kills you, but following this team is seldom dull, and it's been great fun teasing united lads all week to loom behind you.... We'll get another week out of it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There was absolutely no indication in the entire season that we could win 6 in a row to put us in contention. I said it would take 10 in a row to finish there we are potentially on for 9, it could be just enough .

Win the 3 games and Im confident we finish in top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

It likes this, UTD need to win 3 of the last 4 games to secure 4th. Considering they have only won 4 games in total since the league cup final I can't see that happening! However the real question is can Liverpool win their remaining 3 and capitalise? Get over Leicester and I think they will. That's the crucial game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

We need Utd to have 2 draws in their last 4 games. Their away form is woeful so I suspect Bournemouth might pick up a point. Utd have 3 home games left, but one is against a (possibly) resurgent Chelsea. Could be a draw there.

If Utd draw twice and win their other 2 games, we get top 4 if we win our remaining games. That's the issue though.... despite the recent good run, our performances haven't been great at all.

I suspect Utd WILL drop 4 points, but I also think we'll stumble in one of the fixtures.

100% with you on that. I couldn't see even a fight for top four as a possibility before the current run of wins. Utd have home games in the next few, and I think their home form, like ourselves, is decent. I'm willing to at least hope for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

aye their form doesn't look good but they've 3 games at home and that will suit them. All we can do is win the rest of our games and hope for the best.

This is just 6 games ago. Nuts we are within shooting distance now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Ah.... You had me there until you said 'resurgent Chelsea' 😂.

Super Frankie Lampard is going to scupper our hopes again 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I just don't see that UTD team winning 3 of their remaining 4 games. They're unbelievably bad at the minute, very similar to what we were a few months back... However I don't see us winning our remaining games either, I just can't see us getting the points against Leicester. Monday night, home crowd will be pumped and we never play well on Monday evening fixtures either! If we do somehow win our remaining 3 games tho, we will get 4th.

Advertisement