Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Finglas East - McKee Avenue

Options
  • 09-05-2021 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi There

Looking for some advice on buying in the Finglas area.

I have spotted a terraced house that I really like off McKee Avenue in a gated complex (Clearstream Court).

Just wondering if anyone has bought or lived in Clearstream or on McKee Avenue and could tell me if its a quiet area, is there much trouble or anti social behavior, is it majority owner occupied or a large amount of rentals, what are the transport links to the city like and if you like the area?

I am not from the area and just looking for some information from people who may be familiar with it.

Thanks
    Aoibh
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Qwer

Aoibhinn41 wrote: »
    Hi There

Looking for some advice on buying in the Finglas area.

I have spotted a terraced house that I really like off McKee Avenue in a gated complex (Clearstream Court).

Just wondering if anyone has bought or lived in Clearstream or on McKee Avenue and could tell me if its a quiet area, is there much trouble or anti social behavior, is it majority owner occupied or a large amount of rentals, what are the transport links to the city like and if you like the area?

I am not from the area and just looking for some information from people who may be familiar with it.

Thanks
    Aoibh

I don’t know about that specific development, but area around mc kee avenue would be quiet nice area, a lot of older people in the older houses, being bought and renovated by young families in the last few years, it’s nice area

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Clearstream is off the track as such. It’s a cul de sac estate no no through traffic.
    McKee avenue is nice but a busy road. It’s on a bus route etc.

Within minutes of the village, SuperValu and all bus routes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

I know the area very well. My advise would be to buy an older house on one of the quieter roads like Clancy or Finglas Park and stay away from any gated community where you can easily find yourself locked behind gates with the very folk you might be trying to avoid

Advertisement