Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuath housing

• 09-05-2021 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I received a letter from my local council 2 weeks ago to say I've been nominated for a tuath house, my question is how long after being nominated should I hear from them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mandz32 wrote: »
    I received a letter from my local council 2 weeks ago to say I've been nominated for a tuath house, my question is how long after being nominated should I hear from them?

Is this a brand new one near rocklands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'd say you're better off sending an email to the customer service at the County Council, it's unlikely anybody here actually knows the right answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mandz32

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is this a brand new one near rocklands?

It is yes, we actually received a call yesterday from tuath. We have to send in a form with some info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

It is yes, we actually received a call yesterday from tuath. We have to send in a form with some info[/QUOTE

Congrats on getting a letter, one of the things they will look for is references from existing and previous landlords so make sure that they remember you.

It is yes, we actually received a call yesterday from tuath. We have to send in a form with some info[/QUOTE

Congrats on getting a letter, one of the things they will look for is references from existing and previous landlords so make sure that they remember you.

• Advertisement

Thank you. Were just waiting on our phone interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

May I ask how this whole tuath housing works? I thought this was privately owned and developed housing development (at least the planning went in as private)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

AFAIK they are a housing assoc who buy houses and run them as the Council used to do in the olden days. They are stricter on how the house is kept and tenants are usually taken from the council housing lists.

Advertisement