Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

tibruit wrote: »
    I knew about the female friend for years before the Netflix doc. She had never known the name of the writer/poet. I wasn`t aware of the male witness who stated that Sophie said his name was Eoin Bailey.

Your recollection strangley does not correspond with the female you are quoting who said she only remembered it post 2019.

That's odd. It's like you are creating your own reality.

And Bailey is reliable?

No you aren't. It seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭Deeec

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Nope, she had not already clearly met Bailey. If she clearly already met her, please provides the dates times and locations.
    If it was that clear, I assume it was documented even by the keystone cops investigating the case.

Expecting to meet him again? Nope, that's something you just made up.
    It's not at all clear Bailey knew her. Alife thinks he introduced them but not certain.
    This is a combinaion of conjecture and stuff you have made up in an entirely baseless and groundless manner.

Exactly - Its Alfie who thought he introduced Bailey to Sophie ( he wasnt certain though ). It may have suited Alfie to say this re Bailey - alerting the gardais attention towards Bailey and perhaps away from himself. This is no proof that Bailey had ever even spoken to Sophie. He never seemed to express to anyone else an interest in Sophie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭tibruit

listermint wrote: »
    Your recollection strangley does not correspond with the female you are quoting who said she only remembered it post 2019.

Where did she say that?

The theory the gardai assumed for Bailey murdering Sophie seems to be that he was sexually rebuked by Sophie.

There doesnt seem to be any evidence though that Bailey was a womaniser - Has any other women come forward supporting this theory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,050 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Deeec wrote: »
    The theory the gardai assumed for Bailey murdering Sophie seems to be that he was sexually rebuked by Sophie.

There doesnt seem to be any evidence though that Bailey was a womaniser - Has any other women come forward supporting this theory?

The guy thinks he's God's gift to women, anyone who knows him well enough will tell you that.

Where did she say that?

Did you even watch the documentary......

The guy thinks he's God's gift to women, anyone who knows him well enough will tell you that.

Many men think they are gods gift to women - it doesnt make them murderers though.

Has he tried it on with other women though? If he had this reputation there must be women out there who he has creeped out.

None of the people put forward in any of the podcasts or documentaries have made that assertion though .

Neither did an attractive Italian student staying with them at the time...

She said he was a larger than live character

• Advertisement

None of the people put forward in any of the podcasts or documentaries have made that assertion though .

Neither did an attractive Italian student staying with them at the time...

She said he was a larger than live character

Its about the one thing they havent said about him!

Deeec wrote: »
    Many men think they are gods gift to women - it doesnt make them murderers though.

Has he tried it on with other women though
    ? If he had this reputation there must be women out there who he has creeped out.
    some mention of it in the DPP's report

Agnes said she remembered when http://assoph.org/assoph.org/Welcome.html was set up. That was 2007

Did you even watch the documentary......

Ok....I`ll be more specific then. You said she only remembered post 2019. What is your evidence for this statement?

Ok....I`ll be more specific then. You said she only remembered post 2019. What is your evidence for this statement?

Actually, you don`t have to answer....thanks to Soulwriter.

It's unsavoury to contemplate but certainly a necessary element of the case as the allegation is he was rebuffed by Sophie and lost it. Was Bailey even sexually active? There seems no testimony or evidence either way. Has Jules ever been asked if he was interested in sex? I understand he had sexual content in his diaries, but what about in real life?

With regards to the murder, personally I'm leaning towards the stranger at the gate scenario. Someone on the way up to Alfie's, a lot of unusual characters around the area at that time, as has been mentioned in previous posts, she saw a car, saw someone opening the gate, went down, got angry as she was won't to do, and the bastard killed her. The speeding car at 7:30 was him leaving.

Interesting that one "witness" says she said was going to meet a poet but the other assumption seems to be she asked people to go with her to Ireland because she was afraid of Bailey?

Interesting that one "witness" says she said was going to meet a poet but the other assumption seems to be she asked people to go with her to Ireland because she was afraid of Bailey?

I would imagine Bailey isnt the only poet in West Cork.

The witness only mentioned this when Bailey was chief suspect which is convenient.

Guy Gerard says Sophie told him about Bailey the evening before she left for Ireland

Netflix part 3 48.45

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Polly701

A question for those who don't believe IBs explanation of how he got the scratches..

If his hands and arms were uncovered enough to get scratched from the briars then surely he would have left some of his own blood there? If the Guards had been even able to get a drop they would have shouted about it from the mountain tops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

SoulWriter wrote: »
    Guy Gerard says Sophie told him about Bailey the evening before she left for Ireland
    Netflix part 3 48.45

Now imagine a friend of mine tells me they are going to meet X before a trip to their holiday home in another country.
    That friend is brutally murdered.
    You don't tell the authorities about this until years later?

Believable?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Polly701 wrote: »
    A question for those who don't believe IBs explanation of how he got the scratches..

If his hands and arms were uncovered enough to get scratched from the briars then surely he would have left some of his own blood there? If the Guards had been even able to get a drop they would have shouted about it from the mountain tops!

Youve raised a very valid question here. If he got scratched by the briars and was therefore barehanded surely there would be forensic evidence everywhere including the block.

Polly701 wrote: »

Apparently it was a 'frenzied' attack by Bailey.
    Yet somehow left no blood, DNA, fingerprints or hair at the scene.

Bailey provided hair, blood, fingerprint samples to AGS.

Nothing was matched to him.
    No blood.
    No fingerprints.
    No DNA under the victim's fingernails.
    No matching hair samples on the victim or on these famous 'briars'.

AGS think Bailey is a suspect because he had scratches.

Beggars belief.

This is more than incomptence. This is a deliberate attempt to pervert the course of justice by the investigating members of AGS.

Pages ripped from the evidence book which would have shown this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Netflix part 3 48.45

She hardly told him after now did she

Given she was dead

Couple of Marie Farrell types on this thread

Send us on a link to the media article so, seeing as it was in the media this should be easy

Now imagine a friend of mine tells me they are going to meet X before a trip to their holiday home in another country.
    That friend is brutally murdered.
    You don't tell the authorities about this until years later?

Believable?
    when did Guy Gerard tell it?

2 full years it took him to remember it

I can only find references to 1999 in relation to his statement.

I can only find references to 1999 in relation to his statement.
    OK I didn't realise he had said it back then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mackwiss

Finished the Netflix documentary. MF 100% holds the key to this and I simply can't believe once again and because of JS there's yet another "clue" given to the Gardai by MF. Can't believe she was never professionally interrogated by someone. This woman 100% knows more than she shows, her lies, her wanting to always go back and twist the case in a different direction shows for sure she's hidding something.

Killers do this. It's a known behavioral trait to try and dissuade the authorities from themselves...

They give false statements. They make up stories. They go back to the case, time and time again until they eventually are caught in their lies.

Cannot believe to this day this supposed, friend, lover, ET, Bigfoot or whatever, has not been identified and interrogated...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement