Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Yurt! wrote: »
    I heard Ian Bailey is 6 ft 7 in his socks, and he's got a retractable claw 'specially for murdering, and he's got these mad eyes that can hypnotize people to do his bidding - like the divil himself. He can turn himself into pure energy and transmit himself along electricity lines and then he re-manifests as a murderer to do his murderizing, and then can get back to his house in time for the Champions League kick-off so he has an alibi. He keeps a load of black coats in a secret cave in Pirates Cove, and goes there during the full moon accompanied by a load of lesbians to wash his coats in the nip.

Don't forget the worst thing, he's a tan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

When Jim Sheridan gets MF to stop at the spot where she supposedly saw the man at the bridge, he says this is also near the turn off for Sophie's. She says "I wasn't aware of that." Did she mean at the time or now? Beggars belief that she wouldn't be aware of that at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Im not saying he is the person Mf saw, that's obviously not true, do you think the French court measured him yeah?

I'm just looking at what height was reported in the papers

He is not huge by an stretch

People over play it and anyone can see him in bantry or schull markets so don't think you are unique

I'm the same height as him, never get described as some man Mountain

But didn't she say he is not the person.

The only reason she said he was, was the gardai said that if she helped they would not tell her husband she was with another man.

They even lied in there record to remove the other man. All inadmissible in any real court.

Does his height actually matter after the above being said.

When Jim Sheridan gets MF to stop at the spot where she supposedly saw the man at the bridge, he says this is also near the turn off for Sophie's. She says "I wasn't aware of that." Did she mean at the time or now? Beggars belief that she wouldn't be aware of that at this stage.

That was odd alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nicbuc

bb12 wrote: »
    started listening to the crime world podcast but they've got their facts wrong...they say sophie was coming to that cottage for years before she got married...but her husband bought it for her...then they say she flew into dublin airport and drove to schull from dublin...she arrived into cork airport...cant really trust any other details they come out with if they get these basic ones wrong

Ye that’s true actually, I was dubious about it coz it’s Nicola Tallant :) thought the part about her stomach contents being digested a couple of hours interesting 🀔

• Advertisement

Don't forget the worst thing, he's a tan

His true crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

At the time nobody in France was spoken to according to the Gardai, upon arrival in France for interviews the Gardai were brought back to the airport and informed they could not interview french citizens.

The irony being if a French person was implicated and Gardai thought they had the perp, they would have point blank refused to extradite the person to Ireland for trial. Their legal code pretty much bars the extradition of French citizens in all circumstances.

That would have been an interesting legal showdown between justice systems if it transpired to be the case. High profile French victim with a French perpetrator committed abroad with a tug of war between the evidence held by the Gardai and the perp safely ensconced in France.

That was odd alright.

I think she's a compulsive liar and fantasist to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Donal McIntyre said to Nicola Tallant on her podcast that their own pathologist thinks the cuts on Sophie's face were caused by a knife.

He suggested maybe the killer went back into the house and washed the knife and put it back by the bread as it looks "staged". That also explains the blood on backdoor.

But that suggests the killer was already in the house to grab the knife. I don't buy that, I think everything happened outside. But I do think the killer went back to the house, maybe they just turned the doorknob and that was it. No blood was found inside the house.

He said also the food in her stomach had been consumed within 6 hours. So the fruit and nuts could've been an evening snack or breakfast, impossible to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

regarding the 2 wine glasses on the drain counter, my tuppence worth is that they were not washed together at the same time. if you look what is on the draining board, there is also the parts of an espresso maker...now if you were going to wash 2 glasses and also an espresso maker at the same time, i'd suggest you'd start off with the 2 glasses together first and therefore end up placing them side by side on the drainer, before tackling the more messy maker with all the coffee grinds etc...therefore i think the 1st glass had been used and washed at an earlier time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Im not saying he is the person Mf saw, that's obviously not true, do you think the French court measured him yeah?

People over play it and anyone can see him in bantry or schull markets so don't think you are unique

I mentioned in my previous post how other people in this very thread had seen the guy so I don’t know why you would think I thought I was unique in seeing him.

But we’re all exaggerating, “who ya gonna believe? Me or your lying eyes?” Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

I mentioned in my previous post how other people in this very thread had seen the guy so I don’t know why you would think I thought I was unique in seeing him.

But we’re all exaggerating, “who ya gonna believe? Me or your lying eyes?” Eh?

I have seen the guys

When people exaggerate one thing it stops me taking the rest seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 13,431 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

I think she's a compulsive liar and fantasist to be honest.

You'd think at this point she would have the good sense to stay out of it.

After all the fabrications, stories, withdrawn stories/statements, perjury etc. from years gone by - why would you willingly venture back into all that again?
    Hasn't she embarrassed herself enough already?

Mr. Sheridan and co. must have made it really worth her while ($)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Caquas

dublin49 wrote: »
    its amazing every witness statement ,thats anti Bailey is seemingly easily dismissed as unreliable,hearsay,too long has passed,vested interest ,etc etc etc,does the sheer quantity of witnesses that need to be dismissed/under mined not give Bailey supporters pause for thought.Even statements attributed to Jules Thomas that are adverse to Baileys account are dismissed .Lots of witnesses appear to be genuine,why are they all intent on stitching up this innocent man.Must something in the water down there

The whole of West Cork were racking their brains trying to think of anything to help the investigation, then the Gardai went around hyping up Ian Bailey as a menace to every woman in West Cork. No wonder people started coming forward with tales about IB but they were all long after the event. And IB is his own worst enemy with his theatrics and egotism.

But he never made a confession that a court would accept I.e. in his sober senses, a clear admission of guilt to a reliable witness (not e.g. the teenage son of a neighbour he barely knew).

Most tellingly, none of these “confessions” added one iota to the Garda’s knowledge of the crime. The sorry fact is the Gardai know nothing about this murder that they didn’t know within a half hour of their arrival at the scene.

No accumulation of rumour and hearsay will ever amount to proof. That’s a reassuring thought in this era of social media witch-hunts. It seems not to apply in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Nicbuc

Donal McIntyre said to Nicola Tallant on her podcast that their own pathologist thinks the cuts on Sophie's face were caused by a knife.

He suggested maybe the killer went back into the house and washed the knife and put it back by the bread as it looks "staged". That also explains the blood on backdoor.

But that suggests the killer was already in the house to grab the knife. I don't buy that, I think everything happened outside. But I do think the killer went back to the house, maybe they just turned the doorknob and that was it. No blood was found inside the house.

He said also the food in her stomach had been consumed within 6 hours. So the fruit and nuts could've been an evening snack or breakfast, impossible to tell.

Strange alright, I think Donal McIntyre worked with Jim Sheridan on the Sky Doc. None of what he said to NT featured in the sky doc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Henry...

Caquas wrote: »
    The whole of West Cork were racking their brains trying to think of anything to help the investigation, then the Gardai went around hyping up Ian Bailey as a menace to every woman in West Cork. No wonder people started coming forward with tales about IB but they were all long after the event. And IB is his own worst enemy with his theatrics and egotism.

But he never made a confession that a court would accept I.e. in his sober senses, a clear admission of guilt to a reliable witness (not e.g. the teenage son of a neighbour he barely knew).

Most tellingly, none of these “confessions” added one iota to the Garda’s knowledge of the crime. The sorry fact is the Gardai know nothing about this murder that they didn’t know within a half hour of their arrival at the scene.

No accumulation of rumour and hearsay will ever amount to proof.
    Is there anything they know that isn't in the public domain

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭EdHoven

Henry... wrote: »
    Is there anything they know that isn't in the public domain
    According to Ralph Riegel the blood on the back door of Sophie's house doesn't match anyone who gave samples. If that is true then they know it wasn't Bailey that smeared the blood on the door.

EdHoven wrote: »
    According to Ralph Riegel the blood on the back door of Sophie's house doesn't match anyone who gave samples. If that is true then they know it wasn't Bailey that smeared the blood on the door.

Hmm if true that is highly significant

Wouldn't Bailey's lawyers have got that into the public domain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭Xander10

EdHoven wrote: »

But hasn't it been confirmed as Sophie's blood on the door? which is less mysterious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭tibruit

Xander10 wrote: »
    But hasn't it been confirmed as Sophie's blood on the door? which is less mysterious.

Jim Sheridan said it was Sophie`s blood on the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Does anyone have an explanation for the German musician Karl Heinz Wolney.

He lived a mile from Sophie’s home. It is understood his marriage didn’t last long and the wife returned home.

He was a musician and was playing in Crookhaven on the evening that the French film producer was killed.

Wolney returned home later that night. He was on his own and had no alibi.

Shortly before he committed suicide he had told a friend he had “ done a terrible thing” and couldn’t live with himself.

Nevertheless he didn’t specify what this was.

https://www.buzz.ie/news/irish-news/sophie-west-cork-murder-suspects-24364066

Could be a completely unrelated tragedy however.

Who was the mysterious man she was seen with ?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/sophie-toscan-du-plantier-seen-2120831

Does he match the German man? Was his finger print or DNA ever checked?

tibruit wrote: »

Lot of confusion about this blood on the door

If its Sophie's it's less significant

Is there any certainly at all about the sequence of events

In terms of who went up and down the lane from the gate to the house

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Weddings ahoy

ingalway wrote: »
    Where did you hear that they went out with them the next day? Something I have missed but definitely paints a different picture if it did happen.

See above the last poster copied the relevant info from the Dpp report :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Henry... wrote: »
    Lot of confusion about this blood on the door

If its Sophie's it's less significant

Is there any certainly at all about the sequence of events

In terms of who went up and down the lane from the gate to the house
    Just listened to the podcast and they said they couldn't get DNA from the door sample as it was too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Also, Bailey said that he was repeating what the Guards had been hammering into him during his arrest, that he had done it, he had done it.

And with the Shelleys not coming forward with this information until much later, it's easy to think that they misremebered him actually confessing and him simply repeating what the Guards had told him.

Well that sounds extremely unlikely. Simply repeating what the guards had told him my elbow! They rang to get collected from the house after saying they would stay the night, they left the house after he got upset. They haven't sold their story to any of the papers as far as I know.

I think if someone you only met that evening was sobbing and then put their arms around you saying 'I did it', 'I went too far' you would remember that moment pretty damn well.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

The man is very tall when sitting down let alone standing up,I'll be hoping to meet with him soon to offer my ongoing support

Just listened to the podcast and they said they couldn't get DNA from the door sample as it was too small.

Is it possibly unrelated

Is there any convincing theory on the sequence of events from the house to the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭nc6000

tibruit wrote: »

When did he say that? I've just watched the section from episode 2 where he demonstrates opening the door and how your hand/arm would rub off the door. He never said whose blood it was.

nc6000 wrote: »
    When did he say that? I've just watched the section from episode 2 where he demonstrates opening the door and how your hand/arm would rub off the door. He never said whose blood it was.

It's definitely stated at some point that it was her blood.

Possibly episode 4 when they are discussing forensics again.

• Advertisement

Nicbuc wrote: »
    Strange alright, I think Donal McIntyre worked with Jim Sheridan on the Sky Doc. None of what he said to NT featured in the sky doc..

Donald McIntyre has a poor reputation as a reporter. He is almost the definition of a sensationalist tabloid journo. I'm very interested in this case, but I'll give his leap onto the bandwagon a very wide berth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement