Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahon Incident Today

Options
  • 09-05-2021 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Did anyone see the videos?

Gunshots and people roaring at each other with residents in the estate absolutely terrified.

Video on yer man's facebook page after going "come back now and we'll get ye" with the garda tape cordoning off the whole park.

Wouldn't you just love to live beside them with your children in the house (or out playing) on a Saturday afternoon while that's happening.

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/armed-gardai-seal-house-after-20560445

It's the second time in a fortnight gardaí have been shot at because of this feud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Cue Pavee Point -" It's societies fault really . "

Being housed by the state should be a privilege not a right . If you seriously abuse the privilege you lose it.

The way things are going I wouldn't mind seeing citizenship and all the rights privileges afforded by it have to be earned by each individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Disgraceful incident. Reality is they won't stop a fued just because the Guards get in the way. Feel sorry for the decent people in that estate having to put up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

Tpcl20 wrote: »

Gunshots and people roaring at each other with residents in the estate absolutely terrified.

Video on yer man's facebook page after going "come back now and we'll get ye" with the garda tape cordoning off the whole park.

Wouldn't you just love to live beside them with your children in the house (or out playing) on a Saturday afternoon while that's happening.

It's the second time in a fortnight gardaí have been shot at because of this feud.

I saw some of the videos. Really bad. Feel sorry for the decent people living down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The way things are going I wouldn't mind seeing citizenship and all the rights privileges afforded by it have to be earned by each individual.

And what do we do with the people who don't make your grade?
    Deport them to where?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Inviere

And what do we do with the people who don't make your grade?
    Deport them to where?

Ah this little chestnut again. The absolute priority of concern should lie with the honest law abiding citizens. Their needs and quality of life should be at the top of any list. The needs of those who make everyone else's lives miserable, should be way, way down the list. The sooner the state washes its hands of criminals, the quicker the message will get through that you've lost your right to a state provided home, and you now have to look after yourself. It'll never, ever happen though. People who live nowhere near these estates are too busy concerning themselves with the rights of criminals.

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    Ah this little chestnut again. The absolute priority of concern should lie with the honest law abiding citizens. Their needs and quality of life should be at the top of any list. The needs of those who make everyone else's lives miserable, should be way, way down the list. The sooner the state washes its hands of criminals, the quicker the message will get through that you've lost your right to a state provided home, and you now have to look after yourself. It'll never, ever happen though. People who live nowhere near these estates are too busy concerning themselves with the rights of criminals.

What chestnut?
    What was suggested was stripping people of their citizenship. I'm just pointing out that while it is a popular angry rhetoric, it just makes no sense. To where would you deport these people?

Nothing of what you said has anything to do with my post which you quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Sure it doesn't matter what the practicalities are, it's classic hard man fascist bluster. Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sure it doesn't matter what the practicalities are, it's classic hard man fascist bluster. Yawn.

Extra points for shoehorning fascist in.

Danzy wrote: »

It's not like the Commies never gave a chap a dig in the gob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Danzy wrote: »

I mean we've people going about stripping citizenship to look tough on crime. No shoehorn required, the boot fits quite comfortably and is apparently very tasty too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Inviere

What chestnut?
    What was suggested was stripping people of their citizenship. I'm just pointing out that while it is a popular angry rhetoric, it just makes no sense. To where would you deport these people?

Stripping people of citizenship isn't something I was commenting on, I was speaking about the needs of the offenders being given precedence over the needs of law abiding citizens whose lives are being made miserable. The whole "where will we put them" argument, if people have proven themselves to be nothing more than a menace to society and ignored warning after warning, am I supposed to care if they're turfed out onto the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Stripping people of citizenship isn't something I was commenting on, I was speaking about the needs of the offenders being given precedence over the needs of law abiding citizens whose lives are being made miserable. The whole "where will we put them" argument, if people have proven themselves to be nothing more than a menace to society and ignored warning after warning, am I supposed to care if they're turfed out onto the street?

I can't see putting many of the most dysfunctional mentalists in society roaming the streets fending for themselves - for that read attacking and robbing people - working out much better than trying to keep them corralled in places like Ringmahon.

By the way, does this have something to do with the other incident on the Rochestown Road about a week back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

jimgoose wrote: »
    I can't see putting many of the most dysfunctional mentalists in society roaming the streets fending for themselves - for that read attacking and robbing people - working out much better than trying to keep them corralled in places like Ringmahon.

By the way, does this have something to do with the other incident on the Rochestown Road about a week back?
    Yeah same feud apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What chestnut?

Sure there's loads of uninhabited islands around the coast, just move all the feuding families out there. Give them a load of automatic weapons and just let them have at it.

Whichever family wins gets to keep the island.... until we move the next set of feuding families out there to try and wrestle control from the winners.

The state could televise it, put it on pay per view, finally make some money from these wastes of space instead of always spending it on them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Tpcl20 wrote: »

If it was republicans at it they'd be locked up ASAP but these ***** are privileged , do what they want,and don't get hassled at all by the law ,they do not receive long sentences and generally have a string of offences sometimes measuring over a 100 convictions without having served any serious time , therein lies the problem

Rikand wrote: »
    Sure there's loads of uninhabited islands around the coast, just move all the feuding families out there. Give them a load of automatic weapons and just let them have at it.

Whichever family wins gets to keep the island.... until we move the next set of feuding families out there to try and wrestle control from the winners.

The state could televise it, put it on pay per view, finally make some money from these wastes of space instead of always spending it on them

They are uncivilized end of,and the woke clown's and do gooders on here and elsewhere prop up their constant sense of entitlement plamas,fed up with the loony left etc who obviously have never experienced their barbaric behaviour and intimidation

So why did you quote me, saying "that little chestnut"?
    I was commenting specifically or the stupid idea of stripping someone's citizenship, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Good luck with that.

jimgoose wrote: »

Yes directly linked

• Registered Users Posts: 86,681 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it a traveller's feud? I was thinking of going to Mahon Point this week think I will pass now, scary stuff

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it a traveller's feud? I was thinking of going to Mahon Point this week think I will pass now, scary stuff

Yes McDonagh v Keenan's etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The shopping centre and retail park are fine. The worst problem you will have is traffic at certain times of day!

Aglomerado wrote: »
    The shopping centre and retail park are fine. The worst problem you will have is traffic at certain times of day!

They have been known to scrap inside aswell,but not too often

Don't worry about it, right next to shopping center but easily avoidable. Been going on for years but now everytime it happens someone feels the need to video it and share with the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Don't worry about it, right next to shopping center but easily avoidable. Been going on for years but now everytime it happens someone feels the need to video it and share with the world...
    It's the best part of a km away from the shopping centre, closer to Blackrock Village TBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Im in my late 30's and the vast majority of my experiences with these people, going right back to my primary school days have been negative. I don't apologise to anyone for that opinion. I don't get it when people say that travellers, are being discriminated against. What discrimination? They have free reign to do and act as they please, without suffering any consequences.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

It's simple enough, treat others the way you want to be treated. They don't treat any other citizens with any respect, why should anyone give them respect back?

Crazy carry on down in Mahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

TheChizler wrote: »
    It's the best part of a km away from the shopping centre, closer to Blackrock Village TBF.

The halting site is right next door to the shopping centre but I wouldn't be worried. I live near it all there's never any issues in the centre

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's the way they sort differences out.
    We send a solicitor's letter, they bate the crap out of each other. We should be proud of the survival of this ancient tradition. Bord Failte should highlight it in their advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The halting site is right next door to the shopping centre but I wouldn't be worried. I live near it all there's never any issues in the centre
    There's traveller housing/halting site next to the shopping centre but this incident happened in Ravensdale.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement