Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

I think we need a suitable first post..

KSE out.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Haha nice new thread well 3 more games should be a long pre season for these lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Kroenke out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Bend it like Willian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

darego wrote: »
    I think we need a suitable first post..

KSE out.

:pac:

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Kroenke out, Arteta out, Ceballos out, Willian out, Bellerin out .....

Spotify in, Manager with a good established track record in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Wouldnt it be great if we could find a right footed version of Tierney

https://talksport.com/football/877763/kieran-tierney-practicing-crosses-after-arsenal-win-west-brom/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its not just players in, its players out also IMHO.

I honestly dont rate your man Cebellos, can just about pass the ball but has no legs (speed) cant tackle and does some absolute weird mistakes. I like Odegaard, he could fit in well with the young lads starting to get established at the club but I really dont think he is worth what Real want for him (40m+ apparently) That money would be better spent elsewhere.

Bottom line for me is, even with the players we have we should have been finishing higher then we are and thats down to the manager.....we lost some games that we should have won by weird selection picks or arseways tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Manager with a good established track record in :D

That was such a gamble in terms of Arteta.....it hasn't paid off but it was pretty reckless.

Azatadine wrote: »
    That was such a gamble in terms of Arteta.....it hasn't paid off but it was pretty reckless.

Trust in arteta.

Give him until Xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I was willing to give him a go at the start and like most fans was really hoping he would do well but a lot of poor performances and especially the display (or lack lack of more like) against Villareal was the final straw for me.
    If he had finished in the top 7 and had a fully motivated team with a display to match in the semi final then maybe another season, but for me he has to go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Trust in arteta.

Give him until Xmas

You trust him that much you decided to stop watching games?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Wonder where we would be without saka and smith Rowe

I don't think it's hyperbole to say we'd be in deep ****

Trust in arteta.

Give him until Xmas

It's just...isn't that effectively saying our strategy going into the new season is to cross our fingers and hope he gets it's right?

That doesn't exactly say we mean business, and all you other teams better watch out.

I mean, if he doesn't somehow turn it around by Christmas, presumably that means the season will need someone to save it. Maybe we should just start off with that person?

I'm still behind him, just about. Just having a discussion here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

I must admit I had been in favour of giving Arteta till Christmas too, but that Villareal performance really was alarming. I can't remember anything like it. I just don't see the green shoots.

He's going to be backed by KSE in the summer it seems. I just wonder how wise that will look if we start terribly again. That's a very risky and potentially expensive strategy. Let's hope for the best I guess, as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Just looking at the table, Southampton really dropped down the table after a good start (far as I remember anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just looking at the table, Southampton really dropped down the table after a good start (far as I remember anyway).

Yeah they were 3rd after 13 games with 24 points. 13 points since from 21 games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

In the meantime they were missing their manager for several weeks through a positive covid test and a few players had it too if I recall.

So we need to resolve 16 players contracts between renewing or selling before we even get into transfers in this summer.
    https://twitter.com/LGAmbrose/status/1391821763298930688?s=19

• Advertisement

That's the Southampton who knocked us out of the FA Cup. 4th from bottom now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

You couldn’t make this up… looks shocking for Edu who said at the time he wanted to work with a smaller team of scouts with more responsibility and not individual scouts who looked after single countries… roll on 9 months and now we are looking for scouts to look after individual countries.. it’s a ****ing shambles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Was this not a Sanlehi idea at the time so he could exclusively use his so called contacts book , I presume Edu just went along with it at the time , i'm fully open to correction , but this stinks of trying something out and it failing miserably and now realising that Arteta can't do it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Was this not a Sanlehi idea at the time so he could exclusively use his so called contacts book , I presume Edu just went along with it at the time , i'm fully open to correction , but this stinks of trying something out and it failing miserably and now realising that Arteta can't do it all

This is from Arseblognews….

Reflecting on the changes he helped push through, technical director Edu said in September: “The decision we made, to change a little bit our infrastructure, it is clear for me. I want to work with less people. I want to work with StatDNA a lot more, which we have internally here at the club and is very important.

“The people I want to work with, I want them to be very close to me. I want to create a group of people working together.

“I don’t want individual people working in one area or for one country. I want a group working together. Less people with much more responsibility. That is my vision and for me in this process the most important thing is that everyone is very clear on the responsibilities which everyone has to make the right decision.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I stand corrected , ya not a good look at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just cant understand how we are in such a shambles....and we really are in a shambles, on and off the pitch. From the top down we need huge change and its going to take numerous years to get this resolved IMHO unless we get a new owner and he/she/they carpet bomb the whole operation and start a fresh.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just cant understand how we are in such a shambles....and we really are in a shambles, on and off the pitch. From the top down we need huge change and its going to take numerous years to get this resolved IMHO unless we get a new owner and he/she/they carpet bomb the whole operation and start a fresh.

That's why you can't just sack arteta.

His only a tiny slice of the whole thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Be aware, probable incoming bid from Tuchel for Auba

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

After the year he's had, I'm not sure I'd care if he went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They can have him for free if they take Willian back with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

According to the Athletic (generally reliable) the following 5 are looking to leave this summer. Leno, Bellerin, Luiz, Xhaka aaaannnnddd WILLIAN!

As long as they're replaced with something above their grade, then I'm happy enough, but I really doubt they will be.

Saw some quotes attributed to Tuchel about Auba about how much he admires him, says they still keep in touch regularly. Could be stemming from those comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Leno on rumours he’s looking to leave
    “I am still happy at arsenal. Arsenal is still a big club, a big name in the world and in the premier league. There is nobody in the dressing room who says “I want to leave, I am not happy here anymore. We still have a good environment at the club and in the dressing room. Of course, at times it was not easy this season but that is part of football.”

Leno would want to shut up and worry about his form and errors.

That’s a bit rude, reporters ask questions and he answers but you want him to **** up ? That’s not how an interview works lol

Doing too much talking about leaving for a man with questionable form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Doing too much talking about leaving for a man with questionable form.

The club is contractually obliged to put players up for interview. There really is no issue with him speaking or with the content

So what does he say to the reporter when asked about his contract and if he’s extending ?
    No comment

Whatever players do they can’t win with some people

Jasus ye are sensitive today. I get he has to do media time. Every player does. He however doesn't have to talk about transfer speculation.

Can literally say I'm happy here. Next question

• Advertisement

Strange team! Who's playing RB? We have 3 of them on the bench!

https://twitter.com/gunnerblog/status/1392544565438070788?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Shiney new thread! Let's hope for a good performance tonight! COYG

Would assume it's Holding RB. Meh, who cares at this stage.

A few insiders talking to the Athletic today, all is not well at Arsenal, as if that weren't obvious already.

Would assume it's Holding RB. Meh, who cares at this stage.

A few insiders talking to the Athletic today, all is not well at Arsenal, as if that weren't obvious already.

Aye it was an interesting article but nothing new I felt really.

I think it might be Saka RB? Let's see I guess

Back 3 with no right back, well no proper right back. It's a meaningless game so Arteta experimenting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

is Cedric injured or just out of favour with Arteta?

edit: just seen he is on the bench..

Last week he was in the hospital. Before the Villareal game which was worrying. Guess Arteta didn't want to risk him

https://dailycannon.com/2021/05/cedric-hospitalised-before-villarreal/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Hopefully he is still in the managers plans with 3 years left on his contract.

I have no problem with him as backup to a new right back next year. Move Bellerin and Chambers on.

Hopefully he is still in the managers plans with 3 years left on his contract.

I have no problem with him as backup to a new right back next year. Move Bellerin and Chambers on.

Wtf was Mari doing! Almost cost us a goal there

Chalk and cheese between Gabriel and Mari for me.

Why Arteta was picking Mari ahead of Gabriel for the Villareal game I will never understand.

I will add, Mari was okay in that game, but he shouldn't be playing ahead of Gabriel imo.

Wtf was Mari doing! Almost cost us a goal there

Mari isnt great in my opinion. Another questionable signing by Edu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd still have Mari ahead of Gabriel. Gabriel has been poor all year. The other three CBs are definitely better then him based on his time with us so far.

haha thats a goal we would concede.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Nice to see it's not just us that do that kind of thing.

Lol, Chelsea doing their Arsenal impression.

• Advertisement
Advertisement