Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Interesting take and maybe hard to argue with?

https://twitter.com/Stillberto/status/1396502183873499138?s=19

What's done is done no point thinking about it imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Ffs this team is starting to give me hope again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I see people saying if Chelsea finish 5th and win the CL we get Europa league.

Saying on SSports+ that as it currently stands the Gunners are playing European football next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

DenMan wrote: »
    Unlucky Partey!

That would've been magic!

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Xhaka running the show. Be an awful pity if he hits the high road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Saying on SSports+ that as it currently stands the Gunners are playing European football next season.

And there is a Totteringham's day again.

Normal service is resumed in North London

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Willock has scored, again, for Newcastle!

Almost tempted to switch to the Spurs game here

Spurs equalised

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Almost tempted to switch to the Spurs game here

They've equalized.

surely it couldn't happen :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mossie

I see people saying if Chelsea finish 5th and win the CL we get Europa league.

No. Maximum of 7 English teams in Europe so if Chelsea finish 5th and win Champs Leagues, they qualify for CL and one less Europa League place.

mossie wrote: »
    No. Maximum of 7 English teams in Europe so if Chelsea finish 5th and win Champs Leagues, they qualify for CL and one less Europa League place.

As it stands Arsenal in 7

Bissouma is class, lots of chat that he's on our radar. Hopefully it happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Laca taking the captains armband for probably his last game for Arsenal is fitting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mossie

As it stands Arsenal in 7

Yes, actually looks like 6th and 7th go to Europa League in that case and no team to the new conference league. At least I think that's it. Looks like it won't matter unless Leicester score again anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Spurs goal.

Bale got a third. Gone to VAR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Spurs leading. We don't want the European conference cup anyways. Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Another disappointing end to the season by Leicester you'd have to say.

Bale got a third. Gone to VAR

Good old VAR. There's a handball. VAR watches it.

Goal.

Fùckin bùll****

• Advertisement

Azatadine wrote: »
    Another disappointing end to the season by Leicester you'd have to say.

That's why I wouldn't have him anywhere near our club. The most overrated manager in the league by a long shot.

Leicester bottled that after leading twice. Great win for us. No Europe I've accepted it. Concentrate on EPL next season lads

Good riddance to a fcking dreadful season. 5 wins on the bounce is nice, but they came after our season was effectively ended, so I'm not converted just yet.

The free pass is now expired. CL challenge next season is a must.

We won't be able to carry as big a squad as usual without any European campaign but, on the plus side, Arteta and his coaches will have way more time on the training field to perfect their plans. Might be the best thing for the longer term...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Willock has scored another thats 7 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Rodgers with another Rodgers bottle......

With no Europa distraction next season, and hopefully a decent summer of signings, I would hope we can push on next year to give a more sustained push for a CL qualification.

As it stands our squad isn't good enough, but the signings being proposed for over the summer would leave us in a stronger position next year.

Quazzie wrote: »
    With no Europa distraction next season, and hopefully a decent summer of signings, I would hope we can push on next year to give a more sustained push for a CL qualification.

As it stands our squad isn't good enough, but the signings being proposed for over the summer would leave us in a stronger position next year.

Better chance of KSE selling without Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭DenMan

Bloody hell Leicester. You had one job to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Phew :pac:

All over now. 2-4 to Spurs

Brendan Rodgers team really do have a propensity to bottle it. That's another awful collapse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Thank **** we've dodged that Conference league, the club needed a reset, no European football and all energy can go into league. Hopefully a good transfer window and things might continue as the season ended.
    Arteta has to deliver from the first kick next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭omega man

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    Rodgers with another Rodgers bottle......

They did blow it again. They’ll be absolutely sick considering Chelsea lost. Still though 5th and an FA cup ain’t bad, we can’t exactly laugh.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Bloody hell Leicester. You had one job to do.

Good job they done it. The only benefit to that new Mickey Mouse cup is that the likes of Azeez might have been given a run-out. St Totteringhams day will have to wait another year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Thank **** we've dodged that Conference league, the club needed a reset, no European football and all energy can go into league. Hopefully a good transfer window and things might continue as the season ended.

I'm quite happy with that, don't have to go to Russia and other far flung places 20 odd times a year now. Concentrate on the leauge, get top four, next season can only be better.

5star02707 wrote: »

I said nothing ....

We finished 6 points off CL, if we can't comfortably make that up with <50 games to play and loads of time on the training pitch then it's time to say "enough". A "challenge" for top 4 ain't good enough.

I expect a strong start next season to inspire hope. Much like when we won the calendar year title in 2015 and 2013. :pac: If Arteta has anything to give then 70+ points and fairly consistently in position for a CL place is all that's acceptable next season.

To be honest, Europa Conference league is probably the sweetest revenge we've given Spurs in many a year.... Spurs mates are not happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Absolutely better off not being in that Conference league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

5 point improvement on last seasons league finish if that’s anything to go by. Hopefully they make the right signings this summer and the club can push on in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The most stupid thing crossed my mind , we lost and drew this season to bloody burnley , we usually always pick up 6 points against them , but between the sending off in the 1st game and terrible mistake by xhaka in the 2nd game , we finished only 6 points off top 4 .

I know it's still a point away but its the fine margins that stuff like this cause in the final league table we've had countless others aswell (wolves at home)

I'd have to agree NO Europe is much better than that Conference cup. We can finally have those Saturday games we always love and a week's rest to implement the right tactics. Lots of deadwoods to be sold as well. This is the complete reset we all wanted. (need that Kroenke out as loud as possible)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Now for a summer of Gem buys. We can but dream.

200 million needs to be spent on young talent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭omega man

Pool celebrating top 4. I still recall the abuse we got every year for the “top 4 trophy”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

omega man wrote: »
    Pool celebrating top 4. I still recall the abuse we got every year for the “top 4 trophy”.

Short memories alright, Wenger made it look easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

5 point improvement on last seasons league finish if that’s anything to go by. Hopefully they make the right signings this summer and the club can push on in the right direction.

In a season where pretty much everyone finished with a lower return than last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

2ndcoming wrote: »
    In a season where pretty much everyone finished with a lower return than last year...

How is this possible? ::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

omega man wrote: »

I think it's a lot more difficult now to get top 4 than it was in Wengers heyday where you only had United Chelsea and Liverpool sometimes to worry about Spurs weren't a factor and City took a few years to come good under the new ownership, not putting a dampner on Wengers achievements but it's proof how difficult it is with Liverpool the runaway champions celebrating finishing 4th when there wasn't much change to them bar there main centre half missing the season

• Advertisement
Advertisement