Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

We will get something off the ref in this game. Whether it’s a red for Brighton or a soft penalty in our favour, he’ll give us something. He knows he’s fcked up and crowd on his back now big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We'll do well to win this now. Might need Califiori to come on as a 5th defender here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

deserved red card. Rice tried to con the ref and ref saw through him. Kicking the ball away is a bookable offence. Two yellows. Deserved red.

Mod: poster warned for cross thread baiting/trolling

Post edited by DM_7 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭TheRona

Thanks for coming into the Arsenal thread to point that out. Your opinion is much appreciated.

We need another defender on here.

he kicked the ball away and when he got in the way of the Brighton defender as he was trying to get to the ball he rolled around the place to try to distract the ref.
    That’s my interpretation as a neutral who actually has a small bet on Arsenal to win the league this year.

Bottom line Rice kicked the ball away after the whistle. That’s a booking and a second yellow. Good to see the ref not let him off just because he’s an England international which has happened in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

You’re welcome. As I said not anti Arsenal at all but just giving an opinion if that’s ok.

• Advertisement

Is Arteta going to wait until we're behind to see the obvious?

Need Partey hooked and Jorginho on imo.

I see he's done it now. My stream is way behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭TheRona

You didn't have an opinion on anything in the game until the red card. All of a sudden you had a strong urge to have a neutral opinion. Some would call that a bit sad.

He rolled the ball away and kicked in the process. Technically it's a yellow for rolling the ball away but to say he tried to con the ref because he was kicked is an extremely stupid thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Veltman was trying to get Rice booked, he had no intention of actually taking that quickly and was just going to belt it off Rice.

That being said it was brain dead from Rice to do what he did.

☀️

• Advertisement

He took the kick and then tried to make the incident as much as possible about that kick from Veltman which he might have hoped would distract the ref. That’s what it looked like to me. Correct outcome anyway with the second yellow.

Good switch with Timber and White. White poor enough today and being targeted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

That's why players dive. If saka goes down there from the contact then it's a penalty and a second yellow.

Ah FFS too much of a stretch for Saka. Unlucky.

Timber off now ffs

☀️

• Advertisement

Definitely two points dropped.

Not a bad point in the end. Calafiori looks class

Some of our players really haven't started the season, especially our midfielders Rice and Odegaard who have been very average compared to last season. Definitely 2 points dropped from a winning position.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

how often do refs book players for tapping the ball away like Rice did? I’m sure by the letter of the law they’re supposed to but we see it game after game for as long as games have been getting televised and players never get booked for it.

Reminds me of the Martinelli sending off against Wolves a couple of years ago where he got two yellow cards back to back, never been seen before or since. Funny that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

a bit of shithousery from tbe Brighton player to get rice off, no stand out performance from any player today really

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Go back to defending your cheating club in the main thread

Mod Edit: Warning applied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Feel a bit robbed of those 2 points, but it was a good draw after the sending off. Havertz played well. I can see this year being his best yet. Shame we have no Rice for the NLD. It'll be interesting to see it being Sterling's first game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod: Lads if you have an issue report a post please don't respond. It's only going to get you in trouble.

• Advertisement

I think Arteta was very slow to react to the red, which was a big factor in why we drew. A quicker reaction and we might have held onto the lead.

Kavanagh is the same ref that didn't send off Joelinton last week for nearly taking the keeper's head off. He's also from Manchester. Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

might calm the hype a bit now (not Arsenal fans)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The frustration is application of rules, they bring these in and just add another fcukery of interpretation.

The fact he doesn’t card Pedro for his but cards Rice for that, watch a rule clarification coming soon where things like today are deemed over the top. I don’t mind stupid rules of everyone is governed by them but making a rule where every ref has to interpret and Var can’t intervene is beyond thick. I just wonder what they try to achieve, bring in a rule to improve the game that actually ruins a game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

can Arsenal appeal that 2nd yellow otherwise he’ll miss spurs game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

I was in work and didn't see the game. When I saw the update on my phone with the Rice red card I feared it was a straight red and a three game ban. Thankfully that's not the case. The team must have played well with 10 men for the vast majority of the second half. We've the international break now coming up so fingers crossed no injuries for our players who are called up. Who will fill in for Rice now in his position for the Tottenham game? Partey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Yellow card can't be appealed even if there were grounds

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I'd say Havertz will play left 8 and Partey will remain at DM. Hopefully Jesus is fit for the Spurs game, that would be a reasonably strong team then, while not our strongest.

So many things with that red today. He didn't book the Brighton player who prevented a quick throw by kicking it away, yet Rice, who had his back to the f***ery going on behind him. The ball was not in the same spot as the "foul" (was it even one?), the ball was rolling, so therefor not allowed to play it, plus he kicked right through on Rice, possibly should have been red for him!

Now let's all just sit back and watch a bullshitting ex referee roll out to defend the ref and the PGMOL who will in turn, roll out some rule clarifications… It's nothing new, it's just what they do… With all their Manchester referees! I'm sick of it.

The other sickening moment today was Partey just jogging a trot while the play passes him by for their goal. Ugh.

Anyway, they're a very good team and will take points off other top teams. A draw is not the end of the world, though it felt like it at full time! Time for a reset over the international break.

Brighton had most of the ball after the red but didn't do a whole pile with it bar the goal. Raya only made one save that I can remember. Havertz and Saka both had great chances on the counter. Don't think we'll concede too many goals this season looking at that second half.

I'm dreading the next two games away to Spurs and City. Rice will miss the Spurs match and Gorginho will probably deputise. This is a game we must not lose because if we were to lose also at City it could seriously damage confidence. Rice wasn't playing too well anyway imo and Gorginho could actually steady the midfield. Hope we get a fair referee too.

Any word on Timber or Odegaard injuries?

Arteta said after that Timber was a cramp issue. The physio was 100% checking his knee. This is a real concern for me!

Agreed, I think today's game is going to cost us alot more than the two points.

☀️

Arteta said Timber had cramp and they're not concerned about Odegaard.

• Advertisement

They have 2 weeks to recover anyway with the International break.

Yep, I heard that, but I know a few things about physiotherapy. They were deffo checking his knee, and after the check, they decided to sub him I think that was Mikel being Mikel. As for Martin, think that was just soreness from an impact injury. I see some people have me on ignore, no idea why apart from maybe me being a woman with an opinion!!!

I didn’t know you could see who’s got you on ignore 🤣

no idea, I saw Lego mention she could see people had her on ignore 🤷‍♂️

• Advertisement
Advertisement