Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Thank God that international crap is over, did us enough damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Blessed last year with Timber, Partey, Tomiyasu, Jesus, Martinelli all injured.

Timber missed the whole season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

the club have been told the players can’t wear their home kit against spurs as there’s too much white so the black kit will be worn

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Saw that, what a load of nonsense. We’ve always worn the home kit away to them. Anyway, I’m more concerned what our midfield will look like with all 3 first choices missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Knowing our luck Odegaard will be back just in time for the next international break!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hope City don't go for Arteta next season. Both managers are in their final year of their contracts and if what's been rumoured it could Pep's last season at City. Arsenal and Edu need to tie him down very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Would you honestly rather be a United fan , there manager has won them 2 cups in his tenure and he's done a great job otherwise has he ? When Arteta arrived at the club it was on it's knees , raul sanlehi using it as a drop off point for rubbish players and generally mugging off the club , Emery althought a really good manager at that point in time couldn't speak english yet, he took that ragtag squad and won an FA Cup and don't forget this is still his 1st job we've got better every year he's been here 2 years in a row now we've fought for the title something we haven't done since the early wenger years , obviously the next step is winning it and i think we will but it is hard against City and as for your thing about City in 2020 look at all the financial doping before that point , it easy for them to keep costs down now 4 years later , we had to spend to get to that level

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sure they probably won't be interested in him according to some here, he's bottled a couple of leagues don't you know😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,643 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Odegaard to miss at least 3 weeks of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

• Advertisement

Raya

White Saliba Gabriel Timber

Jorginho Partey Zinchenko

Saka Havertz Trossard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Raya

White Saliba Gabriel Calafori

Jorginho Partey

Havertz

Saka Jesus Trossard

Would be my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Not sure Jesus will be fit, he's still a doubt according to Charles Watts. Would we start Sterling if he's not fit? Can't see him starting Nwanieri. If it all goes tits up, he could be scarred Ala Charlie Patino a while ago.

Theoretically you could go…

Raya

Regular back 4

Partey Jorginho

Saka Havertz Martinelli

Trossard

IF Jesus isn't fit

We're going to have a very weak bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yeah. As a result of suspension and injuries we could be out of the picture to challenge City by the end of Sept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

So it turns out Pires thinks Bukayo Saka "lacks consistency and experience" so perhaps it's not just me who thinks he's a bit overrated. Even a club legend agrees. https://www.football365.com/news/pires-man-city-arsenal-saka

well saka is going to be captain for the north London derby so despite a scathing review from a retired footballer looking for headlines the club trust him to lead us into battle

Ridiculous decision to hand Saka the armband. Saliba is a natural leader and should be club captain.

Btw this is not me having a pop at Saka wingers don't generally tend to make as good leaders as Centre Backs, CDMs or CMs and Centre forwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Are you actually serious? Overrated in comparison to who?

Pires says Doku is better than Saka, is that what you agree with?

• Advertisement

I've seen some Arsenal fans on Twitter compare Saka to prime CR7

I don't think Saka is a bad player. I just think he's a little bit overrated by some of our fans who seem to think he's the second coming of Messi and already a club legend.

I remember him being a bit quiet in a lot of games last season Bayern Munich springs to mind when he dived for a penalty in the last minute when he could have just gone around Neuer and would have had an open goal. Not sure if it was immaturity or poor coaching.

I sometimes fear he'll end up going down the same path as Rashford if he develops an ego. Which often seems to be a problem for English players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Honestly, anyone that refers to Ronaldo as CR7 should be ignored.

☀️

Any player can develop an ego and go to shi7 or get injured and go to shi7 but I really can’t see who being an issue with saka, we have seen players develop egos at arsenal in recent years and they got the boot and didn’t do too well at other clubs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Arteta signs three year deal

I was trying to differentiate him from the Brazilian Ronaldo

Post edited by mikeybhoy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Brilliant news, so we can get a few quid from him when the Saudi's come knocking in May

😉

Any word on the injured players?

Calafiori, Odegaard out for us along with Rice suspended. Solanke and Van De Ven out for them. All according to Sky Sports anywho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Is Saka a bit overrated?

I dunno - I'd say most people rate him as one of Arsenal's best players and one of the best players in the league.

I have literally never heard anyone compare him to Messi or C Ronaldo.

There's always some ejits on twitter saying daft things. I don't think their OTT opinions are reflective of ones generally held.

Sure, I'd wonder does he have it in him to be captain. It's a test, but I think he's a steely enough kind of guy. He deals with being double and triple marked in most games, being kicked and fouled constantly and has shown resolve over the last year - stepping up to take pressure penalties, despite having missed them in the past. Let's see what he can do.

Pires rating Doku above him is just daft.

I wouldn't actually rate Doku ahead of Saka myself both are good players mind you. A lot of Arsenal games I've seen Saka has been quiet in for large parts parts of the game but has managed to score a penalty or get an assist for Havertz.

Trossard has looked like our most dangerous player in a lot of games . Whether starting or off the bench compared to Martinelli whom I think has been poor for the best part of a year now. I don't know why Arteta starts him. Another that annoys about Arteta is why does he always wait until after 70th minute to bring on subs. He shouldn't be afraid to bring off poor performers early in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Trossard makes a great case for himself when he comes on as a sub - then gets a start and is ineffective.

This video sums up alot of my feelings. Good point would Chelsea under Abrahamovich accept Arteta?

https://x.com/WeareManC1ty/status/1834249755632762910?t=SAi4hd_v5IZAXCc8f9kW9A&s=19

With all due respect, who cares what Chelsea would do, this is an Arsenal thread.

does anyone really Care about this crap it’s all clickbait media garbage

• Advertisement

I'm just giving an example of a club that regularly sacks managers and has been successful as a result. With the exception of Rioch and Emery Arsenal have never really been a sacking club

Chelsea are a shi7 show

Post edited by OmegaGene on

I was talking about Chelsea under Ambramovich not Chelsea now under Boehly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mod:

Long time posters are reminded that back seat moderation is not welcome and suggesting anyone is on the wind up is going to see a poster warned rather than the post or posts they have an issue with. Please use report or and ignore.

Newer posters accessing the forum, welcome to the Arsenal superthead, please read the charter before posting. In a club superthead you will need to be conscious of who normally posts here and make sure you argue points clearly and make an effort to back up your views, especially controversial ones. More detail is in the charter which you should have read before posting.

just got charged for two tickets to Bolton in tbe cup

• Advertisement

I doubt City would go for Arteta the Girona guy looks like a shoe in if Pep does leave

Well they certainly won't now Arteta is signed up with Arsenal till 2027 😁 best news of the window!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Anyone confident about tomorrow? I'm not. I'd take a point now.

A grand total of 1 trophy and 1 final in 18 attempts and he gets rewarded with a massive new contract. This is beginning to look Wenger in the later years failure season after season but the Kroenkes are happy as he gets champions league football and the associated revenue only difference Arsene managed to win FA Cups.

Post edited by mikeybhoy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,212 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Yeah, same here. Battle of the midfield, I expect we will be very cautious in our approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Underground

A massive LOL at the Pires critique of Saka. Just another bitter ex player annoyed because Saka will surpass his own Arsenal output shortly. Disappointing but at the same time, quite funny.

Also curious as to how the reception to a new deal for Arteta could be anything other than positive. People have short memories. Anyway, each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mossie

Do you not get the fact that he's had to play catch up to a state owned, financially doped City team while working within financial constraints that restrict how much he can spend? He's doing a fantastic job on those circumstances.

How many trophies has Saka won compared to Pires?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Underground

Not really a like for like for comparison is it?

By Saka’s age, the only trophy Pires had won was a French league cup. Give it time.

Klopp managed to beat Pep to the league, Tuchel managed to beat Pep in the pinnacle of club football.

Even still he's failed miserably in Europe and the domestic cups. Can't blame City for losing to Sporting Lisbon in the UEL, Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup or West Ham in EFL Cup. All I hear from Arteta supporters is excuses no one wants to hold him accountable like they did with Wenger. I guarantee you if we kept Emery we'd have won at least a Europa League by now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement