Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭mossie

6 points from 2 tough away games. Great start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Very good result.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Easy. We move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just saw the next match is Atalanta on Thursday night. It's the Europa League all over again 😱

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

well that was just very very very enjoyable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

They will be well peed off that we left with all 3 points.

Good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Great result. Really didn't expect to pick up 3 points given the absences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

An absolutely massive win! Having Timber in this team is immense. Really can't see Zinchenko getting back in the starting lineup unless he plays somewhere else. During the week I was thinking if we got a draw it would be a good result. The way the team play out from the back, so much clean crisp passes, almost laser-like focus. Atalanta is next on Tuesday, and City is next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Absolutely exstatic after that win. Really thought it was going to be one of those days. Our defense were great, particularly Gabriel (obviously) and Timber, thought it was tight between the two of them for man of the match. Only negative for me was that Partey seems to be going backwards, he doesn't have the excuse that he's not match fit to fall back on now for giving the ball away in very silly situations, a better team would have punished us. Great result

• Advertisement

Was just about to say this. Timber just gives more stability. At the start of the season I would have been happy with 5 points from our 3 away games and we've already got 6. Having said that would have expected 6 from our 2 home games. Would we all take a point next weekend?

Ah, you'd have to take a point away to City.

A great result today, defensively very solid, but, that's a weak Spurs team, City away will be a different kettle of fish.

It's actually Thursday night Arsenal play next against Atalanta.

Just checked and Atalanta beat Fiorentina 3-2 today. We'll have to be wary of Lookman, we were linked with him during the summer. Kolašinac will be up against his old club too looking to impress. They haven't started the season well though, 4 games played, 2 wins, 2 defeats. 8 goals scored and 8 conceded. They're there for the taking being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

i didn't get to see the game today but i heard the last 20 minutes on the radio, the commentary made it seem like it was all spurs and we just closed up shop but these highlights don't show spurs doing much

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't even know how our new bloody signing Calafiori gets into the team at the moment😂 Timber has been that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The amount of bitterness I see online about our win today is absolutely delightful.

Great defensive performance. Spurs never looked like scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Did not expect that result, but oh so bloody happy to be wrong. Massive result considering the absentees. Arguably our 3 starting midfielders all missing, going up against our local rivals away with all the pace they have? I completely forgot about that lot. I mean, it is the history of the Tottenham. Spursiness! LOL

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Man City getting to play at home on the Wednesday while Arsenal are away on the Thursday is an unlucky (for Arsenal) way for the fixture list to fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know why Zinchenko wasn't on the bench today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

On the Forza app it has him down as having an ankle injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Hopefully getting ready for the January transfer window to Saudi, the back four were excellent today and all played as a compact unit and were equal to spuds attack, Timber is a very strong player and is good going forward and not into the centre field. Good to see young players on the bench and getting ready for the future and important to bring them through to the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Agree totally about Martinelli tracking back giving protection to Timber and when Sterling came on he done the same, can really see the coaching plan coming together, in defence and midfield and attack for corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Arteta is shaping some team there, at no point did I genuinely feel that uncomfortable, or that Spurs were getting in behind us and always fancied us on the break, but even for that we looked so solid in defence that once we settled down after they blew their load in the first 15 minutes I don think Raya had a serious save to make.

The level of coaching across the team is excellent, team never lost its shape and everyone knew their roles & responsibilities… how refreshing to see us coached so well defensively again, its like George Graham is having a word!!

Great win, can't beat beating that lot at their own patch, biggest game of the season for me without fail and to do it 3 years in a row brings me back to my late teens & doing the same at WHL…. under, guess who… George Graham!!

Still, 2 away games at Spurs & Villa, 6 points & zero conceded, not to be sniffed at IMO.

Lets see how we get on versus the juggernaut next week, Rice back, but suspect we'll seriously miss Odegaard for that one.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

We're "waiting on news" about Saka. Seems he picked up an injury yesterday.

Really wouldn't fancy out chances against that lot without Saka and Odegaard.

We'll have Sterling I suppose, and maybe other ex-players score against their old teams, not just us?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

Am very "surprised" to see one set of fans bothered by our win on General thread 🤣

just a heads up there are loads of tickets for arsenal v Bolton for anyone that wants to take a trip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I just happened to see the sky sports news clip of Michael Owen and the chief of satanic refereeing premier league committee discuss the Dec Rice red card. I’ve never been so angry in all my life. Talk about a biased shower of absolute 🛎️ ends!!! My good god!!! 😡😡😡

I am guessing the said it was a second yellow rightfully.

The had no issue with Veltman?

• Advertisement

Peter crouch podcast spoke about it dj h a second yellow and can’t argue with it but it’s total **** housery and there’s no consistnacy

Saka and Calafiori have both returned to first-team training ahead of the Atalanta game tomorrow night.

The same Howard Webb who won League titles with United and who could hide behind an S-hook. No mention about the lad who belted the ball away in the first half and wasn't booked. And as for Owen …… words fail me.

Arteta has confirmed odegard has suffered significant ligament damage and is expected tk be out for a while.

If it’s a tear then it’s three months

That's bad news.

• Advertisement

This is the worst possible news regarding Odegaard. I think it was expected, being honest. The team did very well at the weekend without him and hopefully that will continue now in his absence. Please God, we don't get any more injuries. A lot is expected of Jorgingo now. Aren't we all grateful the club gave him a new deal in the summer! Get well soon Martin.

Thats awful news. Get well soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Jorginho is in no way an adequate replacement for Odegard.

Nwaneri will have to be given his chance now. We have no creativity in the middle.

When is Merino back?

On Sunday it will surely be Partey, Rice and Havertz…. Nwanieri will definitely get minutes at some stage.

• Advertisement

Nwanieri should start against Bolton in the league cup next Wednesday night imo. It will be good for his development playing a full match.

The Atalanta game is live on RTE 2 tonight with an 8pm kick off. (9pm Italian time)

I saw somewhere that Califiori can play midfield too. Is that right?

Via the BBC. Subs to be shown after! COYG

Arsenal winger Bukayo Saka starts in a boost for the Gunners after coming off in the win over Tottenham with a problem.

Declan Rice is back after missing that game through suspension but captain Martin Odegaard faces a spell on the sidelines with an ankle injury.

Defender Riccardo Calafiori is on the bench after returning from injury.

Gabriel Jesus captains the side.

Former Arsenal defender Sead Kolasinac is one of the ex-Premier League players in the Atalanta team, alongside Davide Zappacosta, Marten de Roon and Ademola Lookman.

Atalanta XI: Carnesecchi, Djimsiti, Hien, Kolasinac, Zappacosta, De Roon, Ederson, Ruggeri, De Ketelaere, Retegui, Lookman.

Arsenal XI: Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Timber, Partey, Rice, Havertz, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus.

I doubt Trossard will get a run since he's reffing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Ronnie reckons Timber was lucky to stay on the pitch on Sunday, said it was a nasty tackle🤦‍♂️

☀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭allinthehead

How is that not a yellow, blatant pull back.

☀️

I dunno, I'm not that pushed about this new CL format.

• Advertisement
Advertisement