Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

1383384385386387389»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Sh*te.

Well worked good goal, but still...

F*ck it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Simple corner opened us up. Asleep for their corner. Hard to argue they don't deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭BrianJD

This game sucks. It looks 1st Division with the play, the stupid stadium and that horrid 3rd kit.

It's like watching the Dublin GAA Team play soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Clearly missing Ode and with red cards on top of that but we still don’t look like last season, attacking wise anyway. Worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,643 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The tactics today were wrong from the start.Fluting about over and back and far too slow going forward. Saka a huge loss but you cannot legislate for the stupidity from Trossard and the miss from Martinelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭BrianJD

And why did we keep Jesus when we can’t even trust him to score against a mid table defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

He's on 225k a week. Nobody is going to sign him at that rate..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Nuts

• Advertisement

We've been poor all season. No attacking flow to our game. We're more obsessed (and failing) with defensive duties than we are about attacking. 4 centre backs isn't working for us. The 3 red cards this season have been a distracting convenience that masks how poor we've really been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Some debacle of a day for Arsenal. Season repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Kiwior is brutal

You can understand why they were flogging him around to anyone during the summer.

Impossible to argue with any of that. We've been poor all season. There's a balance that needs to be found between defense and attack. Last season we had it. This season we don't. Kiwior off again. Ouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭cr-07

Would we have been better off parking the bus at half time and play for the draw I wonder. Supposed hindsight is a great thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

This is the shaking up that we really needed. We have to learn from this big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Barlett

Yeah bar the good results against Villa, Spurs and City, Arsenal were very fortunate numerous times this season so far against ‘weaker’ opposition . Their luck has run out this eve and they’ve been well beaten. Long way to go yet, but like last year these are the games you look back on in May.

Martinelli was muck since he came on.

Jaysis, things are bad right now.

I don't think we were exactly all-out attacking in the second half. I actually think we would've been better off leaving Sterling on, and playing 3 CB with Partey playing an inverted full back. Merino and Rice holding in front. We'd have been much better off, and dare I say got a better result.

So in order for VAR to intervene, does the ref not have to have made a clear and obvious error? He didn't make a clear and obvious error in awarding a yellow. Bournemouth player was basically on the half way line, running for a ball traveling 15-20 yards ahead of and across him, with an Arsenal defender (White) coming across to cover. It's a subjective call for the ref and I think VAR had no business calling him back to look at it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Martinelli has to score that chance, you just knew once he missed it what was coming next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,643 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lots of ifs and buts lads. Alas we were not in the hunt from the start. Far too slow and laborious. Wrong tactics altogether. Slow paced football is not the Arsenal way. Anytime we play at that pace we struggle.

Ya we weren't pulling up any trees before the sending off to be fair. We really miss Ode and Saka. Bournemouth had a high line too so Martinelli would've been perfect had he started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

bad day at the office, we are missing key players but these things happen

It’s mad how reading here we’ve been crap since the start of the season 🤷‍♂️

The internet isn’t for everyone

Can you name a game where we've been anywhere near as fluid as last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Very disappointing, yes! End of season? No. Remember, city are without Rodri so they won't be the force they were. We were missing our 2 best attackers in Saka and Odegaard, so no surprise to see us struggle to create decent attacks.

That said, it was 2 stupid errors from both Trossard and Kiwior cost us. Individual errors. As for the red? If the roles were reversed and that was not given, I'd be furious. My initial take was a red and that was only re-enforced on the 2nd view.

The mark of a great team is how they respond to the setbacks. Let's see how we do Tuesday and next week with 11 v 11. COYG

That's not the point though. The ref made a subjective call at the moment of the foul. He decided it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity and issued a yellow. He made that decision based on the fact that the attacker was 50 yards from the goal and didn't have the ball. So his subjective call was probably correct. VAR had no business getting involved. The ref did not make a clear and obvious error in making that yellow card call. It should not have been a red once the yellow had been issued. Would have had no complaints had a red been issued initially, but it wasn't. It was another ridiculous decision against Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I don’t mean to be smart, really don’t. But how do you know what the referee was thinking? Or what he actually saw? Maybe he didn’t see Raya retreating or maybe he didn’t see how close Ben was?

As I said, I thought at the time, it was a red. And even with the benefit of hindsight, I still do. Yes, we’ve had 3 reds this season for the most minor of infractions, but reds they are by the rule of the law. These things have a habit of evening out over the season.

as you can gather, I’m no fan of conspiracy theories.

• Advertisement
Advertisement