Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

blanch152 wrote: »
    Benteke was very lucky. Elbow to face normally a red. Very surprised that wasn't given.

If Elneny went down there it was red

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Spurs lost 2-1. We may get a European spot after all if we win here tonight! Oh, Willock scored again tonight... He's worth a few bob now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

emmetlego wrote: »
    Spurs lost 2-1. We may get a European spot after all if we win here tonight! Oh, Willock scored again tonight... He's worth a few bob now!!!

Why would you want a European spot in the conference league?

2 fairly clear reds.

Always love the referees' Union though, "negligible force". That matters now apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

I obviously want us to win every game we play, but honestly I'd rather no European football next year than that Europa conference league cr*p.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why would you want a European spot in the conference league?

We're a point behind 6th, is that not Europa? Not that interested in the conference!

I'm more interested in finishing above that lot from down the road for the 1st time in a few years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

emmetlego wrote: »
    We're a point behind 6th, is that not Europa? Not that interested in the conference!

I'm more interested in finishing above that lot from down the road for the 1st time in a few years!

Really can’t see them leapfrogging Everton, West Ham & Spurs to get Europa. Wouldn’t want to see them in the conference. They wouldn’t even win that :p

Who TF took that free kick a minute ago? Smith-Rowe did the I'm-going-to-check-into-you-and-win-a-free-kick which I hate but it was smart at least, then the ball is hoofed cross-pitch and given away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Everton plays Man city on the final day while Spurs are playing Leicester who wants to get to 4th for UCL place. If Liverpool wins tonight Leicester drops to 5th on goal difference

• Advertisement

Bugger Palace scored and guess who? BENTEKE unmarked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

One final kick in the balls from this lot. A win set up a great chance at the weekend. Just a constant failure from this lot

They didn't even check the offside, so they looked for a foul, or what? It was a terrible angle to see if it was offside or not.

I have to say he looked offside in that.

Where was the lines for that VAR check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

How that wasn't offside I'll never know. Horrible angle too to judge it by. Martin on now.

Soups123 wrote: »
    One final kick in the balls from this lot. A win set up a great chance at the weekend. Just a constant failure from this lot

First loss in four. Get a grip of yourself

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    How that wasn't offside I'll never know. Horrible angle too to judge it by. Martin on now.

Auba played him on he dropped near side stupid mistake but what you get from a forward

I wouldn't waste any energy getting upset if we go on to lose this game, league season has been over for ages.

I'm enjoying it more as a spectacle, it's really nice having fans back and the sh*thousery that they bring.

First loss in four. Get a grip of yourself

What in the name a god has that for to do with them yet again failing. Win tonight and EL was realistic, they would have known that at half time

You seem to enjoy mediocrity so you’ll be happy out

Auba played him on he dropped near side stupid mistake but what you get from a forward

The camera angle made it look much worse than it was. Surprised there wasn't even a check.

Need Laca on asap.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    The camera angle made it look much worse than it was. Surprised there wasn't even a check.

I thought the replay was very clear so didn’t need the lines. Auba dropped about 5 yards played every one on.

What in the name a god has that for to do with them yet again failing. Win tonight and EL was realistic, they would have known that at half time

You seem to enjoy mediocrity so you’ll be happy out

You said constant failure. We've dropped 2 points (if it stays like this) out of a possible twelve. Where is the constant failure there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I don't understand that check. If its offside then it's the worst possible angle. If it's a possible foul then it's a clear push on the back. How do you check that and then say its not a foul.

You said constant failure. We've dropped 2 points (if it stays like this) out of a possible twelve. Where is the constant failure there?

Your right. We’re brilliant the 3 wins have made up for it all, 10th is actually pretty good and failing over on the EL is actually a good achievement. No failure here lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

First half played quite well, second has been pretty brutal tbh. playing with 10 men the way Auba is absolutely anonymous. High energy game perfect for Laca and Martinelli.

djan wrote: »
    First half played quite well, second has been pretty brutal tbh. playing with 10 men the way Auba is absolutely anonymous. High energy game perfect for Laca and Martinelli.

First half it was a nothing game, they found out half time a win would put them in a great position for EL so they go out rigid again. When the need is there they don’t have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Your right. We’re brilliant the 3 wins have made up for it all, 10th is actually pretty good and failing over on the EL is actually a good achievement. No failure here lad.

"Trusting the process" over the whole season has resulted in us finishing 9th or 10th likely. Out of Europe next season.

He's judged over the season and it's been an abysmal failure and nothing can disguise that.

Roy has done a great job with Palace. Let's hope they get a rubbish manager in the summer and we do the double over them next season.

Azatadine wrote: »
    "Trusting the process" over the whole season has resulted in us finishing 9th or 10th likely. Out of Europe next season.

He's judged over the season and it's been an abysmal failure and nothing can disguise that.

Yeah but those same fans have changed rhetoric and now want us to trust him to Christmas. He has until Dec 25th now

68% possession and 1 shot on target at 83 minutes gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Waste by Auba. I'm never confident in his finishing anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

West Ham losing. Arsenal are such bottlers.

West Ham losing. Arsenal are such bottlers.

How we won the last 3 games. How can you say that

How we won the last 3 games. How can you say that

Give it to Christmas :D:pac:

Yeah but those same fans have changed rhetoric and now want us to trust him to Christmas. He has until Dec 25th now

Yeah, seems that the goalposts moved at some stage alright. In the early part of the season it was give him the season and review the table at the end.......now its the end of the season and our worst finish in Premiership history and out of Europe but somehow we should give him till next Christmas....

Get in Martinelli! Saving Arteta’s job all season

Get the f**k in.

What a goal.

Martinelli!!

• Advertisement

Martinelli! 1-2

VAR has finally backed us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If anything the goalposts have shifted the other direction for me. I was always happy for Arteta to get til the end of next season but now I’d be leaning more towards Christmas and let’s see

Needs to be starting next season.

Martinelliiiiiii! Love you Gabi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Where is the yellow card for the dive by zaha?? Partey got booked when there was contact last week

Martinelli you ****ing beauty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ozilgaard?

Everton away to City
    Spurs away to Leicester

With fans back that’s two tough games. We just need West Ham to do a West Ham and we could steal the season

Pepe!!!

Lol Pepe. What a goal!

Good man Pepe. He's not an Arteta player at all, but Willian could never score a goal like that for us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement