Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Pepe! 1-3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

5star02707 wrote: »
    Pepe!!!

He has 100% improved since Xmas he’ll get a chance to really come on next year. He’s capable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Pepe is a gas player. Does nothing for so long in the match but still goes away with 2 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Soups123 wrote: »
    He has 100% improved since Xmas he’ll get a chance to really come on next year. He’s capable

Yeah, beginning to think we may well get something from him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

That was a fine win, "the bottlers" dug it out well.

We have a chance of Europa for sure now.

emmetlego wrote: »
    That was a fine win, "the bottlers" dug it out well.

We have a chance of Europa for sure now.

Ah in fairness we are bottlers let’s be fair. It’ll be the Brighton game that gets us....

Ah in fairness we are bottlers let’s be fair. It’ll be the Brighton game that gets us....

That game tonight, was anything but bottlers. It was the polar opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

West Ham home to Southampton on final day, they're big favourites for that and would be a shock if they don't pick up the win there.

Spurs away to Leicester, who knows that happens there.

Everton away to City, you'd obviously fancy City on a normal day but with the CL final coming down the tracks and judging by their performance against Brighton they're already checked out of the PL, so who knows?

We would need all those boys to drop points and win our own game against Brighton. One things for sure, if we're extremely lucky on Sunday and all results go our way, we might just fluke our way into the EL, which in itself is a damning indictment of how sh*t this season has been.

Please god we're at the bottom and the only way is up from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That is crazy we could still finish 6th in this absolute **** show of a season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just as I say it West Ham equalise , I'm delighted though keeping the season interesting til the last game of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Four wins.

Constant success

That game tonight, was anything but bottlers. It was the polar opposite.

2 excellent goals at the end, but we didn't half fanny about for the 20 mins prior to the second goal. Backwards, sidewards, backwards, sidewards, backwards, sidewards, backwards, sidewards... No one making runs off the ball. One instance, Odegaard I think had the ball out wide with Elneny behind him with acres of space in front of him to run into. Odegaard plays the ball the opposite direction while Elneny doesn't even bother call for it or make a run. Backwards and sidewards, always into congestion, more often to nowhere. 9th in the table. It doesn't lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Quazzie wrote: »
    Four wins.

Constant success

I honestly don't understand how you can be happy with where we are? That's an honest observation. It seems that you are perfectly happy to be finishing mid table, out of Europe and generally playing pretty poor football.

The trend is clearly downwards year on year. How can you deem this as acceptable?

Ozilgaard?

Far far better. Offers far more for me and doesn't shirk. Always looking to get on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Four wins.

Constant success

Fourteta.

Azatadine wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand how you can be happy with where we are? That's an honest observation. It seems that you are perfectly happy to be finishing mid table, out of Europe and generally playing pretty poor football.

The trend is clearly downwards year on year. How can you deem this as acceptable?

We just did the quadraple, are you not entertained?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I hope to god we miss out on that europa conference, but with spurs playing Leicester and Everton playing City its looking very possible. Best possible outcome, Arsenal and Everton win, spurs lose

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I hope to god we miss out on that europa conference, but with spurs playing Leicester and Everton playing City its looking very possible

We actually have chance to qualify for EL.

• Advertisement

We actually have chance to qualify for EL.

Yes we do but think westham will beat Southampton,but if they win tonight we can't

Yes we do but think westham will beat Southampton

I believe in miracles.. is Theo available?

The one good thing about Arteta sticking around for now is that by all accounts we'll have the busiest summer transfer window in living memory.

They say you can't sack the players but it seems like we're gonna try do the next best thing and I'm all for it. Bar about 4 or 5 players I would happily dispense with most of the current squad. Let's see what happens.

I hope to god we miss out on that europa conference, but with spurs playing Leicester and Everton playing City its looking very possible. Best possible outcome, Arsenal and Everton win, spurs lose

It would be the ultimate embarrassment to play in a 3rd tier competition. I’d rather miss out completely

The one good thing about Arteta sticking around for now is that by all accounts we'll have the busiest summer transfer window in living memory.

They say you can't sack the players but it seems like we're gonna try do the next best thing and I'm all for it. Bar about 4 or 5 players I would happily dispense with most of the current squad. Let's see what happens.

Problem is some of the players who will stay around and be played are still not good enough. On their very best days Chambers, Holding, Elneny are not good enough for a team chasing top 4, yet all will be still here next year and regular 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Azatadine wrote: »

I wrote this season off right at the start. In fact if wrote every season off as soon as Wenger left because there a million little issues that need resolving. It seems this year is the first year we've actually started to address the issues so I'm happy with that. Our league position is horrible. I'd kill for a Totteringham day to celebrate. I don't like the Europa League so given a choice I'd rather be out of it. I definitely don't want to be in this conference nonsense. But it's a long process and I understand there isn't instant success, and I definitely won't be like some in here who crave a loss so they can come in mouthing off. I support the club. Always have. Always will. I won't be hoping for a Brighton win on Sunday like some here have asked for.

COYG

• Advertisement

It would be the ultimate embarrassment to play in a 3rd tier competition. I’d rather miss out completely

Maybe we need a humbling... We won't have first team near the competition or Arteta, so who cares.

100% im an Arsenal, Leicester and Everton fan the weekend

Maybe we need a humbling... We won't have first team near the competition or Arteta, so who cares.

We've been well an truly humbled. It'd just be an unwanted distraction

I dunno. We won the Cup winners cup under George Graham and I celebrated the f*** out of that. It was the 3rd tier competition at the time I think most Gunners would celebrate a Europa conference title.

I guess if you're a negative person with that kind of mindset, any positivity is hard to grasp. Our league form since Christmas has actually been mostly very good.

But I guess we will always disagree, and continue to do so. I'm just a glass half full kind of girl.

Arteta brought in Willian and Partey, both on huge money. He should fall on his sword like the rest of them. We are run by clowns though so we are stuck with the inevitable flop next season when there is actually pressure on

• Advertisement

Might be a great way to blood youths though and that's exactly what we should do. Other than that, its a mickey mouse tournament. The Cup Winners Cup had prestige as you had very competitive Italian, Spanish, French and German teams competing. Beating that Parma team was no easy feat.

I dunno. We won the Cup winners cup under George Graham and I celebrated the f*** out of that. It was the 3rd tier competition at the time I think most Gunners would celebrate a Europa conference title.

I guess if you're a negative person with that kind of mindset, any positivity is hard to grasp. Our league form since Christmas has actually been mostly very good.

But I guess we will always disagree, and continue to do so. I'm just a glass half full kind of girl.

The overall rewards don't outway the negatives. Unwanted travelling to play absolute tripe and at the end a prize of a place in the europa league. I'd rather not be in it and Arteta have more time to work during the week with the team and hopefully a few new signings.
    Also PL starts back 19th of August and then god knows we're you be headed to a few days later to play another match.

You’ve no idea whether I’m a negative person or not, finding happiness in a 3rd tier European Competition is glass half full, really?

It’s nothing like the old cup winners cup, nothing at all, this is a conference for the bottom level of also rans. If you think that’s something to go enjoy knock yourself out.

You can break the season into form as much as you like, we spent the first hall half in the bottom and almost all the second in 10th, the table doesn’t lie or offer more points for wins after Xmas.

I’d never get how an Arsenal fan can find acceptance in a Europa conference it would be an absolute insult to a great club

The overall rewards don't outway the negatives. Unwanted travelling to play absolute tripe and at the end a prize of a place in the europa league. I'd rather not be in it and Arteta have more time to work during the week with the team and hopefully a few new signings.
    Also PL starts back 19th of August and then god knows we're you be headed to a few days later to play another match.

I get that, but it's a great way of getting senior games into the likes of Balogun and a few of the youth prospects. There is more money for the higher you finish up the table, plus the pride of qualification for European competition for the last 26 years (I think) keeping this amazing run going.

You’ve no idea whether I’m a negative person or not

Well, the proof would be in the manner of your posts.

As I said, we'll just disagree and move on.

If West Ham win tonight Arteta has to throw the Brighton game, if he has any chance of success he needs to coach the lads more midweek and not be off playing the team who finished 4th in Hungary

Arteta brought in Willian and Partey, both on huge money. He should fall on his sword like the rest of them. We are run by clowns though so we are stuck with the inevitable flop next season when there is actually pressure on

I agree but he's going nowhere for now so I'm trying to be optimistic and hoping lessons have been learned re Willian. I'm also a bigger fan of Partey than probably most on here, think he was given an impossible task of basically being a one man midfield at times, again I'm hoping Arteta has learned lessons on that.

Agreed I’ll not understand a fan in this year that thinks we are on the up, should be happy with Europa Conference while spending most of the season from 10th down but agree we are all different!

I get that, but it's a great way of getting senior games into the likes of Balogun and a few of the youth prospects. There is more money for the higher you finish up the table, plus the pride of qualification for European competition for the last 26 years (I think) keeping this amazing run going.

The prize money I can't see be anything much worth writing home against. The youth thing would never happen because there would be atleast 10-12 senior players in the squad and would end up playing more often than not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I wrote this season off right at the start. In fact if wrote every season off as soon as Wenger left because there a million little issues that need resolving. It seems this year is the first year we've actually started to address the issues so I'm happy with that. Our league position is horrible. I'd kill for a Totteringham day to celebrate. I don't like the Europa League so given a choice I'd rather be out of it. I definitely don't want to be in this conference nonsense. But it's a long process and I understand there isn't instant success, and I definitely won't be like some in here who crave a loss so they can come in mouthing off. I support the club. Always have. Always will. I won't be hoping for a Brighton win on Sunday like some here have asked for.

COYG

Curious who asked for a Brighton win?

• Advertisement

Agreed I’ll not understand a fan in this year that thinks we are on the up, should be happy with Europa Conference while spending most of the season from 10th down but agree we are all different!

2nd in the table since Xmas!! We're back :)

2nd in the table since Xmas!! We're back :)

Yep it feels like we are back. 9th is the new 2nd

This is a funny place a times. 4th straight win and they main talking point is nothing to do with the match or the players it's to do with the dread of the European conference league.

Let's just go out and try win another football match and see what happens. Brighton are a very decent side so will need to be at our best.

I can see the positive behind the Saturday to Saturday before someone mentions it

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    This is a funny place a times. 4th straight win and they main talking point is nothing to do with the match or the players it's to do with the dread of the European conference league.

Let's just go out and try win another football match and see what happens. Brighton are a very decent side so will need to be at our best.

I can see the positive behind the Saturday to Saturday before someone mentions it

Won pretty much 4 dead rubber games. Only a slight chance of making Europe and its out of our hands. Next season will change nothing.

Realism is not negative. Its acceptance. This is as good as it gets for Arsenal now.

Won pretty much 4 dead rubber games. Only a slight chance of making Europe and its out of our hands. Next season will change nothing.

I'm sorry but I can not listen to someone been negative about winning 4 games in a row, that's just nonsense. Also Can I borrow your crystal ball sometime please :P

I'm sorry but I can not listen to someone been negative about winning 4 games in a row, that's just nonsense. Also Can I borrow your crystal ball sometime please :P

Okay so, continue to delude yourself, that's up to you, but your telling me its lamb when most people can all see mutton a mile away. 4 wins in a row when the pressure was off. The only time we get joy in front of goal is when we are direct. For the majority of the game tonight, Arsenal were only coasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Win 14 in a row but it’s not good enough because none of them were against the top 6 :pac:

Okay so, continue to delude yourself, that's up to you, but your telling me its lamb when most people can all see mutton a mile away. 4 wins in a row when the pressure was off. The only time we get joy in front of goal is when we are direct. For the majority of the game tonight, Arsenal were only coasting.

We are like 3rd in the table since Christmas..they aren't all pressure off games. So not getting your negative point on that either. The team is winning..row in behind and support the lads

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    Win 14 in a row but it’s not good enough because none of them were against the top 6 :pac:

When have we done that recently???

Advertisement