Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Fact. It's a disgrace. Absolute horror show from officials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Fûck sakes Auba has been utterly rubbish again. Going on for far too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sitter missed again by Auba. I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Auba is a shadow of his former self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Auba is finished lads. Has no right being anywhere near our starting XI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Dunno what happened to Auba but yeah, I think he's finished now. Crap all of last year too.

He's been finished for two years. Still gets the start.

Elneny playing it backwards when an attack was on ffs, brutal player

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Elneny must feel physically sick at the thought of passing a ball forward. One of the biggest nothing players I've ever seen.

Ffs Saka.

• Advertisement

I'd actually rather see Balogun get game time over Nketiah. Offers nothing to an attack

My god. Elneny is dirt. Absolutely dirt.

Look at how United are breaking against us. That's what we should have been doing to Maguire for the whole of the first half when they were pressing us. Instead we had Elneny and the hapless Partey trying to go forward, and when they look up they see Auba strolling around as if he's looking for mushrooms.

We’re making Fred look like a superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Starting Elneny was beyond questionable giving him 90 minutes when he has been dirt is criminal.

If he plays another side or backward pass I’ll fcukin explode, at this level to be still getting time at Arsenal

Arteta will have questions to answer again after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I thought we moved on from watching Eddie N and Elneny, championship players at best being rolled out at Old Trafford.

• Advertisement

Their first home win in 3 months, nice one Arsenal.

1 step forward, 2 back yet again.

How in god's name is Arteta still starting Elneny and Auba.

We’re going absolutely nowhere under him. We get a soft goal and he has them sitting back. Useless.

Has to be some reason behind it, as illogical as playing him is under normal circumstances! Sambi was one of our better performers against Newcastle too.

Same cycle that Arteta always has. Goes on a run of a few reasonable results and then reverts to bad results....rinse and repeat....

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Absolutely gifted that win to utd. Very disappointing performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Maguire tying his shoelace to waste time. Then leaving it to the keeper. Even more reason for people to dislike him.

He should have been booked for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Disappointed losing that as this United team is horrific. Some questionable decisions from Arteta tonight leaving Auba and Elneny on so long. Martin Atkinson is an awful ref too. Some howlers from him tonight.

Don’t normally get annoyed with Arsenal anymore but that’s got me seriously p1ssed off. I need a drink now

Exactly. Any team of note and we throw in the towel. United were there for the taking tonight and we got the early gift and then he has them sitting back. Far too many players didn’t turn up too. But all will be great when we go out and beat some little team next week. Any bit of pressure and we give in. Oh for the days of George Graham when we stood up to teams like United.

Under Graham in the Premier League we finished 10th and 4th. Arteta is in line to do similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

That is the most disappointing result of this season so far. They were there for the taking. Auba missing a sitter again. I thought Elneny was fine (not popular, I know) but for me, the difference makers tonight were Nuno again mistake for the 2nd, out of position and trotted back instead of sprinting. Even though we conceded 3, we were solid for most of that game, Ronaldo is Ronaldo. He was the big difference. They have Ronaldo in his post prime, we have Auba in his post prime. There's a world of difference there.

Onwards we go. Very disappointed, purely because they are poor now, but OT is a heck of a place to go when the crowd are up for it, which they were after the 1st goal being allowed. We should have got something from this and that's the worst part of this!

We also won lots of things, league and European trophy. Not even going to mention domestic cups. And we stood up to teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Not for me. United played well tonight and I was happy with our performance, especially Martinelli, he was excellent. Despite the result I'm really encouraged after that.

Martinelli, Tomaysu, Gabriel and White. Partey after a slow start. The amount of chances we created. United were on their game tonight and we were unlucky to come away with nothing

Even apart from starting Elneny, why the hell did he bring on Nketiah of all people? The fella is championship level at best and has just turned down a contract offer (that he shouldn't even have been offered in the first place)?

You have extremely low expectations then, fair enough.

Niketah was one thing. I was actually more disappointed with Saka and Laca. They were both a yard off the pace and had little influence when i was hoping they were going to be game changers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

The rest of December looks pretty good for wins imo. Everton (A), Southampton (H), West Ham (H), Leeds (A), Sunderland (League Cup, H), Norwich (A), Wolves (H). We should be winning all those games, West Ham will be the trickiest. We must learn and move on from tonight, showed Utd far too much respect. Martinelli and Laca should be starting up front next and it's time to bench Auba. Partey let the team down big time tonight I have to say. COYG

No! I'm fully expecting a tilt at top 4 after that! Top 3 is beyond our reach and if that means I have low expectations then fair enough!

• Advertisement

In fairness Martinelli was good tonight. Not seeing many other positives though.

United will get better now. Tonight was a real opportunity to show progress.

They have been playing way below their level considering the players at their disposal. We're still ahead of them as it stands and if we can stay ahead of them it will be a successful season for me

We were gifted an early lead and we backed off and allowed them the ball. That was a big mistake and Arteta allowed it happen. I’m not disputing the above players trying hard but then there’s those who were very poor, Auba, ESR, Elneny, and the subs made no impact. I don’t entirely blame Arteta for the team selection as Elneny played excellently against United at OT before but when it’s not working then he should change things. He didn’t. Sam I should have been on for Elneny before half-time. Auba should have been off early too. Arteta is far too slow to make changes. I blame him big time tonight.

We’ve already lost to last season’s top 4. Progress??

I missed the start and presumed Lokonga was injured. Was that not the case?

He said in his news conference earlier that we had no injury worries apart from Xhaka and Kolasinac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I thought the only ones who turned up tonight were Martinelli, the back four and at a push smyth rowe the rest were awful , Auba had more passbacks than uniteds centre halfs,

Even getting to 2-2 we had them against the ropes and Odegaard makes the most stupid tackle he could possibly make in that situation

very disheartening when they were absolutely rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

All a learning curve unfortunately, very young team with our most experienced and highest earner letting us down the most.

On the the next game COYG

Time we stopped starting games with 10 men. Auba needs to be dropped. He brings absolutely nothing anymore. Not sure whether it was the contract, malaria or whatever else but he's pretty much finished for us I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

This.

He may as well not have been on the pitch last night. Other than provide a distraction to De Gea for the 2nd goal he did little of note. I'd give Lacaa run & have Balogan (sp) on the bench as an impact sub.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement