Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

That was a very concerning performance.

I think it was Tomiyasu looked absolutely wrecked as well. Agreed Xhaka should have been taken off much earlier. Both in the context of the card and just being knackered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Anyone know why Tierney was taken off? Assuming it was precautionary as he was just back from injury? Either way, we were visibly weaker when he did go off. One of the few natural leaders who take no BS we have, we missed him badly IMO.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Hard to know if any of these shocking results and performances will make any difference in terms of Arteta's reign. There's absolutely nothing new here.

We've seen it all before and we are back in 7th and potentially heading towards 8th or 9th......yet again. Its just exactly the same as we've seen before and nothing was done then.

The excuse previously was that the players weren't his but he has spent quite a bit and the performances are EXACTLY the same...I believe his contract runs out till 2023 - we really will be an unattractive proposition for any accomplished manager by that time....

Edit: Just came across an Arseblog article and it's bang on I think.

https://arseblog.com/2021/12/everton-2-1-arsenal-a-bad-night-for-mikel-arteta/

Post edited by Azatadine on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I think Aubamayang fluffed that late opportunity on purpose.

Those last two results hurt a lot, gives way too much room for people to get annoyed again when it was looking like we could get past all the **** I hate.

Everton performance was miss managed by management and players and really needs a strong response. Still only 4 points off 4th so it's all gone to ****....... Yet

I dread watching us now. Never have full confidence of any consistent performance. Senior players are having a nightmare and should carry the can for the results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I couldnt understand the thinking behind it either, Xhaka was clearly tired and he's a risk for picking up cards at the best of times. As soon as he got the yellow he should have been taken off for fresh legs and remove the risk of a daft second yellow. Its not like it was new territory for Arteta to see this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I didn’t see this post until now.

Quazzie I didn’t or wouldn’t sift through posts looking for proof that you backed Arteta. I know from memory that whenever anyone criticised him you came in looking for alternatives to him which in my opinion is support for him. If that’s not the case then I’ll be man enough to take it back.

I don’t watch continental football, just the EPL and LOI so I wouldn’t be in a position to even name foreign managers to replace Arteta. That job is for people within club to decide. I’ve never heard of fans having a say in that either.

All I have is my own opinion and that is that Arteta has had his chance for long enough and is not good enough. My evidence is not just the results, it’s the style of football we’re playing under him which is slow, cowardly, unattractive and boring. In my opinion he is not getting the best out of the players he has. If we were playing good football and the players were giving their best and losing I really wouldn’t be calling for him to be sacked, but we’re not doing either. We’re terrible and I don’t believe that the players have faith in him. Arteta keeps doing the same thing and hoping it will work and that’s poor management imo. Even a relatively new manager like Graham Potter at Brighton can change tactics for playing different clubs and get results with a lot worse panel than we have. I’m really fed up with Arteta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Hear hear

Don't post much here or on Boards anymore but still browse and this is as sensible and well written a post as I've seen in a while. It's impossible to argue with a single word of it and it echos my own feelings on the matter. Arteta is simply not getting the best out of those players. I think man for man they're not a bad team. There's just no leadership and poor management.

• Advertisement

Just a reminder at roughly the half way mark of the season we are still well on course for our predicted finishes.

Jakub Zytecki 9th

Mossie 6th

Emmetlego 6th

Brianregan09 6th

L'Prof 6th

DVB 8th

Quazzie 7th

X PyRo 5th

Farmerval 6th

Azatadine 8th

jmac24128 5th

Drexel_3 7th

Wonga77 8th

Marcus Antonius 10th

Greendom 6th

Bobby Baccala 8th

Dinorebel 5th

Blanch152 5th

Mega Bro Wolf 13th

Cat in a box 7th

Taylor lover 6th

Ol'Donie 8th

Gizzmo55 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Double standards in the Premier league again. Spurs get their PL game against Brighton postponed due to Covid outbreak, but we had to field with whatever we could in our opener of the season. I find it very difficult not to believe we are treated very different by officials of the game, at all levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Must win game tomorrow! Whatever Arteta had been working on in the training ground during the week had better make fruit. This team really needs to step up and deliver. COYG

The one small plus I can take from over thinking arsenal all week is the player list of guys I want rid of is getting smaller each window. Hopefully by end of next summer.

A must win this weekend, losing the online mob fast with another bad performance and lose.

• Advertisement

I swear to god if Auba is missing and Xhaka has the captain's armband again I will loose the plot. Just get the Captaince on Tierney, White, Smith Rowe, Saka, Ramsdale, Gabriel. Any of them

Looks like Arteta and Auba may be a real issue if some of the stuff going around is to be believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Obviously not happy with how the Ozil situation unfolded but not bothered if it’s true that they missed out on Rangnick 🤷‍♂️

Any player who wants to leave should be facilitated imo.

I don’t want to see players on the field who would want to be somewhere else. If someone deliberately misses training then they should be shown the door. If they are having genuine disagreements with the manager then the powers that be should be intervening and sorting it out. If it’s happening constantly then sort the manager out if he’s at fault.

I only want to watch players who have their heart at the club and who give their all on the field.

It's the same team that lost on Monday night that faces Southampton. Laca again captain's the team and leads the line. Hopefully three points today now and a good performance. COYG

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Should be winning comfortably here but expect it to be a struggle as usual.

Same here. I’m finding us a hard watch. Not enjoying the slow build-ups at all. We really should be beating Southampton but you never know with Arteta’s Arsenal.

Southampton are missing a few players and have a 40 year old in goal !!! What could go wrong? 😂🤣

Gabriel on thin ice now after that early yellow.

Great save Ramsdale!

Hasenhüttl is a great coach. That Southampton team is rubbish.

Great finish Lacazette.

Great counter attacking goal. Well done Laca!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

That's a great goal after playing out from the back.

• Advertisement

When it works, it's great. We got lucky in fairness.

Good man Martin! 2-0

Great!

The Ramsdale pass cut it close alright but I didn't see any luck involved. We are well able to balls it up a lot too though yeah. 2-0 now💪

Time to see can we replace Aubamayang. Not doing it on the pitch either.

I dont agree with how Arteta has publicised the disciplinary treatment to the world though.

Apparently he missed training to get a tattoo. What a fool.

Ah Jaysus!!! Taking the piss out of the club if that's the case.

We’re 2 up against a very poor Southampton.

It’s a peculiar kind of match. We’re not passing very well yet Lacazette could have had 3 but seems to be lacking confidence. We should get a few more if we stop giving the ball away.

If that story about Aubamayang going to get a tattoo instead of going to training then he should be booted out straight away.

3-0 getting the job done. Happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Playing with the handbrake off now that we’re 3-0 up. Be nice to see that more.

Probably the best 45 minutes under Arteta.

We are giving them an awful beating, having them pinned in and hit the post twice. Love it

Let's see how we get on against the Hammers in mid week.....big game and they are a good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

and an intelligent substitution with Gabriel been taken off on a yellow , to be honest I'd get Saka off now aswell

Thank god holding was on to take the Armband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

This changes nothing. Southampton are a poor side.

Yup, let's see how they get on against the Hammers. Seen this all before.....beat the teams in the lower half of the table and then fall apart when they meet a good team.

How are ye not positive after that performance? 🙈🤣 What more do you want then a 3-0 win. Take every game on its own merits (John Giles Quote)

Because we've all seen this cycle before......rinse/repeat......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Good win good 3 points. Big game midweek, needs to be 3 points at home to WH. Reckon we’ll be up for it

• Advertisement
Advertisement