Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mater private parking

Options
  • 10-05-2021 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Guys, help?! Daycase in hosp on Thurs. Driving up from Cork. Ive read up on the parking in the area. Just wondering how that car park near Mater private is fairing these days in lockdown?! As in, is it still impossible to get a space?! I cant walk far so public transport not an option. Thanks for the heads up in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

I've always gotten a space in the mater car park. In fairness I've always been in for 7.30am for injections amd out by about 10 and there is a queue then.
    Other than that it's on street parking. Eccles st is a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Emmeb

sineads80 wrote: »
    Guys, help?! Daycase in hosp on Thurs. Driving up from Cork. Ive read up on the parking in the area. Just wondering how that car park near Mater private is fairing these days in lockdown?! As in, is it still impossible to get a space?! I cant walk far so public transport not an option. Thanks for the heads up in advance!!

Hi there. If you can’t get into mater car park (and it’s often busy) use dalymount car park. It’s Apcoa so it’s findable on google.
    Seven euros a day. Not bad.
    On street parking not good as you have to run in and out to feed meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

For appointments for the mater or temple street even if they are later we always go early like be there for 8am and even then can't always get parking. We tend to always bring a driver or get taxi for that reason. Then just go get breakfast or chill until the appointment.

On street parking can be controlled with a smart phone. So the days of having to feed a meter are gone thankfully.

After all the promises of enough parking there never is.

Haven't been there done lockdown maybe it's quieter now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Emmeb wrote: »

You can park on-street using https://www.parkingtag.ie/parknow#/parknow/location without registering or downloading an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sineads80

markpb wrote: »
    You can park on-street using https://www.parkingtag.ie/parknow#/parknow/location without registering or downloading an app.

Thanks i found this last night but was unsure if id actually have to move the car or could just topup again if over the 2hrs or whatever?! Do they enforce not reparking on same street as they claim?! Thanks so much for the reply... Freaking out as it is so stress over parking is killing me!! 🙈😭

• Advertisement

Flinty997 wrote: »
    For appointments for the mater or temple street even if they are later we always go early like be there for 8am and even then can't always get parking. We tend to always bring a driver or get taxi for that reason. Then just go get breakfast or chill until the appointment.

On street parking can be controlled with a smart phone. So the days of having to feed a meter are gone thankfully.

After all the promises of enough parking there never is.

Haven't been there done lockdown maybe it's quieter now.
    Thanks a mill. With the on street parking, do they enforce moving the car and not reparking on same st as they claim on their app?!

Emmeb wrote: »
    Hi there. If you can’t get into mater car park (and it’s often busy) use dalymount car park. It’s Apcoa so it’s findable on google.
    Seven euros a day. Not bad.

Brilliant il look that up. Really appreciate the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Thanks i found this last night but was unsure if id actually have to move the car or could just topup again if over the 2hrs or whatever?! Do they enforce not reparking on same street as they claim?! Thanks so much for the reply... Freaking out as it is so stress over parking is killing me!! ����

You need to check the signs on the street. Most places in the city centre have a 3 hour maximum stay. You can keep buying tickets as long as you want but you must move your car every 3 hours. I'm not sure if that means to another space on the same street or another street entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Thanks a mill. With the on street parking, do they enforce moving the car and not reparking on same st as they claim on their app?!

I can't remember ever having a problem with it. Maybe my appointments were all under 3hrs since I've been using it. Its been a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

To be sure to be sure, park in what they call 'Clery's' car park on Marlborough Street/Cathal Brugha Street and get a taxi up to the door of the Mater.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    To be sure to be sure, park in what they call 'Clery's' car park on Marlborough Street/Cathal Brugha Street and get a taxi up to the door of the Mater.

Yes this seems like the best idea!! Thanks all!!!

Advertisement