Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

No updates in Cork so far for two people I know born 1979 and 1981 and both enthusiastically registered ASAP.

Wonder if it's 'punishment' for registering before the day their specific age was called? i.e. are now being called last?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rolling boh

was in and out of city west today in 35 minutes really quick all the lines seemed to move quickly was the same for my first jab .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

corkie wrote: »
    My two sisters in Late 50's are getting there second on Monday & Tuesday PUC. (due the jab this week)
    One was notified early in the week. The other who was due first didn't get notified till Friday. So they are progressing through them.
    Any idea when their first doses were? 18th of May for us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

4 weeks ago from this week gives 12th & 13th May. Can't remember exact dates for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Thinking of Lumpy.monkey all day hoping they ok.
    Got moderna myself 1st dose 2 weeks ago and sore arm for a couple of days and grand then on day 8 my arm became really sore again and red and after a few days it went away. I am not complaining at all but i read about it being called the vaccine arm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

forestgirl wrote: »
    Thinking of Lumpy.monkey all day hoping they ok.
    Got moderna myself 1st dose 2 weeks ago and sore arm for a couple of days and grand then on day 8 my arm became really sore again and red and after a few days it went away. I am not complaining at all but i read about it being called the vaccine arm.

Friend of mine had the exact same experience…

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Born ‘80
    Registered Sunday 6th
    appt: weds 16th....not bad!
    EDIT: Centre: shoreline,Greystones!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

No updates in Cork so far for two people I know born 1979 and 1981 and both enthusiastically registered ASAP.
    Is 1979 now late in Cork? Nobody I know in Dublin born in '78 or '79 has been called yet.
    Wonder if it's 'punishment' for registering before the day their specific age was called? i.e. are now being called last?
    I doubt it as I've seen a few posters here who registered on the 1st, well before their allotted day, who've gotten an appointment. It's not "first come first served" but it's not a strict ordering either. I'd be curious as to how it's ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭appledrop

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    So for those waiting on an appointment - how many times a day are you checking the portal? Just want to see where my obsessiveness ranks?

I check it once a day. I'm registered 11 days now.

The best is everytime I get a text I think this is it because I realised I actually get very few texts compared to years ago because we all use what's app instead.

sandyxxx wrote: »
    Born ‘80
    Registered Sunday 6th

Wow brilliant do you mind me asking what part of country you are in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Anyone got an appointment for Sligo in the coming days?

1978, registered when it opened and nothing yet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

appledrop wrote: »
    The best is everytime I get a text I think this is it because I realised I actually get very few texts compared to years ago because we all use what's app instead.
    A few times now I've seen an unread text and get a moment of hope... only to realise it's the text sent for the login code to the vaccine portal that I check daily :D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Wow brilliant do you mind me asking what part of country you are in?

Shoreline,Greystones!

Shoreline,Greystones!

Thanks I'm North Dublin and similar year and still waiting but good to know they are getting there!

ixoy wrote: »
    A few times now I've seen an unread text and get a moment of hope... only to realise it's the text sent for the login code to the vaccine portal that I check daily :D

Ha ha, I've done that aswell.

What are we like.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Had my 2nd Moderna shot today, major queue in Racecourse but still in and out in 1.5 hours.

So far so good, told to drink lots of water and take ibuprofen. Last time wasn't able to lift arm to scratch other arm or shoulder from that evening.

Can move it fine so far but so tired think it will be like last time very tired over following two days.

Great feeling to think it's done for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,395 ✭✭✭prunudo

Born ‘80
    Registered Sunday 6th
    EDIT: Centre: shoreline,Greystones!

Wonder what process they use for issuing the appointments. I'm same age but registered before you but have yet to hear anything. Shoreline would be my closest mvc too so I'd imagine I'll be sent there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Just got my second Pfizer in the Aviva .Two weeks countdown starts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

vandriver wrote: »

One week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

vandriver wrote: »

It's only a week for Pfizer, though hse lumped all vaccines together for full immunity in 2 weeks after second dose! Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

airy fairy wrote: »
    It's only a week for Pfizer, though hse lumped all vaccines together for full immunity in 2 weeks after second dose! Happy days.
    That seems to be the full on panic about the Delta variant despite the very low numbers here. Some people may well be waiting for first doses until next month.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

ixoy wrote: »

That happens to me all the time. And to make matters worse my phone broke last week and my new one was set up to alert me to all sorts of shîte. I was jumping with anticipation several times a day because some youtuber posted a new video or a friend posted on Facebook.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭phildenny

2nd Pfizer Thursday 17th. 29 days after first one.
    Text received Thursday 10th

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I got 1st Pfizer on 25th May. I'm 51. I posted about it here.

Jabbed, home and little headache. 2 days later felt fine but after that day I felt a little nauseous for a week. Since then I've felt achy and increasingly knackered
    I could stay in bed all day, well if I didn't have to get up.

So a general increasing tiredness. If I do any physical work I'm absolutely bunched really quickly and for about 24hours afterwards.
    I was out for pints on Friday and I'm still suffering this morning, I didn't overdo it and I'd usually brush off a hangover quick enough.

The tiredness and aches is complimented by a general mild "foggyness" in the brain too.

Kinda makes me wonder if I had a previously asymptomatic dose of Covid and the Vax has exacerbated the effects

I'm delighted to have got the Vax, but I want to go to bed for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

humberklog wrote: »
    I got 1st Pfizer on 25th May. I'm 51. I posted about it here.

Jabbed, home and little headache. 2 days later felt fine but after that day I felt a little nauseous for a week. Since then I've felt achy and increasingly knackered
    I could stay in bed all day, well if I didn't have to get up.

So a general increasing tiredness. If I do any physical work I'm absolutely bunched really quickly and for about 24hours afterwards.
    I was out for pints on Friday and I'm still suffering this morning, I didn't overdo it and I'd usually brush off a hangover quick enough.

The tiredness and aches is complimented by a general mild "foggyness" in the brain too.

Kinda makes me wonder if I had a previously asymptomatic dose of Covid and the Vax has exacerbated the effects

I'm delighted to have got the Vax, but I want to go to bed for a month.

Hope you feel back to normal soon. They sound like pretty severe side effects to be fair! It’s mad to think people had the disease and didn’t know and now take the vaccine and are floored by it!

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 An tAlbanach

Folks, pregnant wife will be able to register for her vaccine next week but due baby in coming 3 weeks. Does the system let you register if you are unable to make it due to any reason é. G. Still being pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Folks, pregnant wife will be able to register for her vaccine next week but due baby in coming 3 weeks. Does the system let you register if you are unable to make it due to any reason é. G. Still being pregnant?

You can simply reply ‘New’ to your appointment text and will be assigned a new date.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

I think she should speak to her consultant to get advice about getting the covid vaccine. Hospitals have been directly arranging MVC appointments for their patients at 14wks-36wks6days so pregnant ladies haven't had to register via the age-based general registration portal. Perhaps she opted out of this if she hasn't had it by now?

If your wife has planned to get it after the birth she should simply hold off from registering until she's ready to get it. There's no urgency in registering as soon as the portal opens for her age cohort. It'd be better to get a speedy appointment when ready than having to reschedule appointments in the interim.

Best of luck for your new arrival!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

Thanks I'm North Dublin and similar year and still waiting but good to know they are getting there!

Hi Appledrop, the Helix seems to be making good progress. On Friday they sent out appointments for Wed 16th (to 43yr olds, well at least to two friends of mine and to Erin_M's husband) and for Thurs 17th (to 42yr olds, one that I know of and Erin_M and another poster on here).

So they're definitely getting through the 1978s and possibly are onto the 1979s. I'm 42-1979 myself so hopeful I'll get an appointment for next weekend. Fingers crossed you will too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 TurboTerror

Anyone got an appointment for Sligo in the coming days?

1978, registered when it opened and nothing yet.

Living in Leitrim, have heard of some of the 45 to 49 cohort living locally received vac 1 in Sligo. I registered on the 2nd June, no appointment as yet. Even though a lot of my work colleagues (Sligo) in this age-group seem to have been done last week. Even some who are 40. Very confusing how the appointments are allocated. Fingers crossed for appointments this week.

Advertisement